ARMS Direct 6.16.20

Next Monday, Nintendo is going to announce a special 40 minute ARMs direct for Tuesday 6.16.2020. The special Direct will be a little bizarre, because it is being hosted by none other than Masahiro Sakurai from his home office. Sakurai mentions that he thinks it's strange that he's hosting a Direct for something he's not involved in, but was happy to help Nintendo out in these difficult times.

The Direct starts with a trailer for ARMS 2. The main focus of the trailer is the new extensive story mode.
>In the story, you play as a young, up and coming ARMs contestant named Flex. He sports a pink "muscly" swept back pompadour.
>Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are featured as his main rivals.
>Twintelle has a major role in the game as Flex's agent.
>Story is going across the world and fighting some of the cast of ARMs 1 in their "gyms" in order to qualify for the ARMS World Tournament
>Dr. Coyle scheming to create the ultimate ARMs fighter and take over the industry is a side plot.
>Have to fight different versions of Helix that Coyle sends after you over the course off the game between "gyms".
>New ARMs fighters are qualifying fights in each "gym".
>Trailer ends teasing the new ARMs champion
>very clearly Min Min

It then moves back to Sakurai, who switches to the main event of the Direct: The ARMs fighter reveal.

>It's Min Min
>Spirits included are the cast of ARMs 1 and Flex
>Any ARMs characters that already have a Spirit have their ARMs 2 design for spirits.
>Min Min's default skin and fighter spirit is her ARMs 2 look.

From that point on, it just plays out like a typical Sakurai Character Presentation. Sakurai regretfully says that the next wave of the Mii Costumes had to be delayed to a later date.

Attached: arms direct.jpg (480x360, 43.92K)

>main event of the Direct

holy shit 1 character in a game is more important than an entire new game

fucking retard

>Sakurai mentions that he thinks it's strange that he's hosting a Direct for something he's not involved in
He's not involved in smash you dumbfuck?

It's an ARMs direct, retard. It's advertised as an ARMs Direct and the first 10 minutes are dedicated to ARMs 2.

fake and gay but
>In the story, you play as a young, up and coming ARMs contestant named Flex. He sports a pink "muscly" swept back pompadour.
i want this to happen, for the pompadour to be literally just an arm

>he thinks we're getting ARMS 2 anytime soon
kek

It's not an arm but it's parted like a knuckle.

I mean, the Mario Kart devs must've been making something for the past three years and it sure doesn't seem to be MK9.

>Sakurai regretfully says that the next wave of the Mii Costumes had to be delayed to a later date.

This was at least a unique take for a fake leak, but how is this realistic if they can get a full fighter and everything with them ready?

>ARMS in smash pog that must mean there's a second game becos the first one was so good

Attached: 4kMZaz4wGx-4.png (300x250, 26.94K)

>ARMS direct
>ARMS 2 when the dev team is clearly working on MK9
>Sakurai hosting
>Delaying Mii’s, the easiest thing to make in game
op is a fag

>clearly working on MK9
>meaning they would kill the huge momentum MK8D still has after over three years.

not even Nintendo is that retarded.

>Sakurai mentions that he thinks it's strange that he's hosting a Direct for something he's not involved in, but was happy to help Nintendo out in these difficult times.
This is so on brand that I could believe it, nice job OP

You wanna know who’s more retarded, consumers.
>make new Mario Kart
>add some dumb new gimmick
>>(for example grappling hooks or some cappy system to take other karts mid race from NPC’s or even other players)
>people eat it up
>buy it and the old one more
you’re acting like Mario Kart is gonna bomb with two games on one system when idiots buy COD and Madden yearly

I know it's fake, but this is the first believable direct I've seen regarding ARMS, has shit Nintendo would actually do

>w-what? an ARMS rep is the fighter?
>THEY DIDN'T SAY WHO IT IS????
>well... fuck... ARMS is kinda old now... why are they adding them? they're old news!
>wait a minute... hold on...
*Brain blast cutscene*
>THAT'S IT! ARMS IS GETTING A REP NOW BECAUSE THERE'S A NEW GAME!
>IT IS LE PERFECT! THERE'S NO WAY THAT NINTENDO WOULD SHILL AN OLD GAME, SO THERE /HAS/ TO BE A NEW GAME FOR THEM TO SHILL!!!!
>after all, all first party characters HAVE to be shill reps!
>they will announce that the ARMS rep will be from ARMS 2, which will EPICALLY blow everyone's minds! It would be so HOOOIIIYPE!!! It would make so much sense! Nintendo will reveal to us a character from a game nobody has even had time to give a fuck about! Nintendo will reveal an entire fucking game for the sole reason of having its character in smash bros!!!! everything revolves around smash bros!!!!!!!111!!!!!!111!
>I have GOT to tell reddit about this!

Why the fuck do you cap ARM but not the S

>E3 dies
>Nintendo replaces it with ARMS
This is the most "Sounds disappointing enough to be real" leak ever invented.

Mii costumes?

ok i believe u

Delayed to a later date.

Mii costumes?

Mii costumes?

The character presentation will be shadowdropped later today, just like Paper Mario.

Mii costumes?

i only care about ii costumes if they also give you a free song (for levels that arent tired to a specific character {that arent FD/BF}, the Miis stages, Summit, or the Duck Hunt stage).

BOFA

>All those forgotten and dead franchises
>Get ARMS 2

Sounds shitty enough to be real.

It's not. The character is Ribbon Girl. There isn't any alternative character, only colors.
She comes with the basic Arms stage, which is a basic stage surrounded by void BUT there are fighter-sized wall on each side, making it unplayable.

Ribbon Girl as a mii costume, retard.

So do Samus, K.Rool, Chrom, Link, Peach ... should I keep going?

why they making trash 2 for?

>Samus, Link, Peach
playable character before miis were a thing

>K. Rool, Chrom
Mii costumes introduced in an entry prior to the game in which they became a playable character.

>N-NO GUYS THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY BE ADDING ARMS TO SMASH BECAUSE IT DID FAIRLY WELL AND IS A UNIQUE TITLE
>IT HAS TO BE SHILLING FOR A NEW GAME, IT JUST HAS TO BE

Attached: smug_burd_face.jpg (1280x1707, 377.78K)

You are absolutely right, but I can't wait for mk9. I'm fine with outing myself as
>Haha kart go vroom