Portal 2

Just finished replaying this bad boy for the first time since it's release. It's still a great game. I don't know why Valve never made another. There's really nothing else like it.

Attached: 2426687-2219887-box_portal2.png (960x960, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H5TbaI9qTys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Let's destroy all character development for comedic timing
>This is all set in Half-Life universe, by the way
It's a good game but the context around it makes it worse by itself.

Attached: Not funny.jpg (336x336, 28.92K)

I still like the first game but the character interactions in 2 are great. cant really get enough of GLaDOS

Portal 2 is such a good game. The Portal series is the most influential game for gaming since the original Half Life.

this is the dumbest shit to be upset about. what character development did the first one have? also whats wrong with aperture and black mesa being rivals? makes the game even cooler IMO

The game goes downhill the minute the elevTor goes down, shitty le funny dialogue, shitty gigantic room puzzles that give you nausea, shitty aesthethic, i mean literally, the stages look like a shitt covered sewer, just horrible

being a contrarian faggot all the time must be tiring huh

>that give you nausea

Only casuals get motion sickness from video games

>what character development did the first one have
What does the first game have to do with it? It had none because it was a simple puzzle game with a twist. It didn't need it. Neither did Portal 2 but it was added only to be reversed to make a joke, thus making it pointless. Either do something meaningful or don't do it at all.
>also whats wrong with aperture and black mesa being rivals
That's a strawman. The problem is not with two rival companies, tone clashes too much between two series. First game wasn't that bad with it but the sequel made it much worse.

>tone clashes too much
you cant be serious

I honestly prefer the comedy in the first game. Portal 2 seems way too on the nose.

>One series is an action thriller, scientific research is taken seriously
>Another one is a zany comedy, scientific research is played for laughs

I don't respect people who say portal 2 is better than portal 1

P2 is a generic version of 1 (still good, but worse)

BUT THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT GAMES. so many games take place in the same universes that are opposites. manhunt 2 and gta san andreas being a good example. how does that take anything away from either of them?? this website is filled with people who have the weirdest reasons to not like shit i swear to god

youtube.com/watch?v=H5TbaI9qTys

Attached: 1586039844286.jpg (400x400, 18.61K)

I was thinking about buying a companion cube plush tbqh.

They are two directly connected games so you cannot detach one from the other as easily as what happens with your example. GTA and Manhunt games don't have any direct nods to each other, although I think there are some minor easter eggs. Episode 2's big reveal is Borealis, Episode 3 was supposed to be centered around it.
Not only that, claim that something is made worse due to a poor association - my original point - is perfectly valid. Not everything has to be an interconnected universe. Self-contained stories are better because they have better focus and they leave more room for imagination.

Yeah, it's a little heavy on the jokes. I wish they turned it down a notch, at least in the old Aperture section which had some amazing atmosphere but you get constantly interrupted by the radio transmissions.
At least the jokes are good.

Portal 1 is a tech demo. Portal 2 is much more of a game.

>shitty gigantic room puzzles that give you nausea
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WTF

Valve has become really bad at making single-player games. Why take the risk when you can just coast on Steam revenue and community-made hats? It took forever for them to make Alyx and they were only inspired to develop it because of the VR meme.

Oh im sorry that looking for a white spot in a boring shitty looking giant room then flying at 100 kms while also looking for another white spot doesnt translate to good gameplay

>the stages look like a shitt covered sewer
i quite like the aesthetic portal 2 went with

You're really overstating the significance. Half-Life was alluded to one time as a hidden easter egg in the entirety of Portal 2 which is a 20 hour game. There's seriously something wrong with you if that matters to you even slightly.

Attached: 1528263017885.gif (500x227, 367.03K)

Even my nongamer GF made it through the coop mode with me without difficulty. You sound like a whiny faggot.

just admit you got filtered and go away

That much is true, I have to agree.

Portal the game is pretty good
Portal in reality will not be possible

>portal 1 GLADOS: cold, corporate, robotic sociopath
>portal 2 GLADOS: catty bimbo bitch who won't stop saying "haha fat lol XD" every 30 seconds
I will never not be mad.

>DUDE LEMONS
>DUDE LETS SAY THE WORD TEST 50000000000 TIMES
>ADOPTED NO PARENTS LAWLZ EVEN THOUGH THE WORD I MEAN TO SAY IS ORPHAN
>POTATOES SOOOO WACKY HAHAH
>SILLY STEVEN MERCHANT IDIOT MEME ROBOT
>SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
It's reddit the game. It's like every fucking joke is trying to garner upvotes

Attached: pathetic.jpg (1200x740, 72.15K)

Her attitude towards Chell changes because Chell destroyed her in the first game, of course she would become more petty.

>I don't know why Valve never made another.
There doesn't really need to be another. The story is concluded and there aren't many new mechanics you could add.

I like to think Half-Life happens in Portal canon but Portal doesn't happen in Half-Life canon

>GLaDOS in the first game: AI
>GLaDOS in the second game: a woman
It was a well-written woman too, at least as far as the way they hold grudges goes.