Hey there Zig Forums

Hey there Zig Forums

I've been working for a major IT corp for a few years now. I'd like to get back to programming since lately I got aware that I'm getting dumber than a brick and the environment is getting close to killing me faster than my cancer. Any recommendations for new job opportunities where I can actually use my skills?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-03 07-40-43.png (1920x1080, 422.64K)

Addition: I don't require too high pay. About 24k / year is good for me.

Another adition: I'm not Indian

Just kill yourself

? Why would I intervene with my cancer killing me?

Full stack web dev. Learn something like Python + Django, or maybe start with frontend stuff like jQuery and Bootstrap. MEAN stack is also hot right now. It's easier to start with frontend dev stuff but more doors will open for you if you can say you do full stack. Put some repos on GitHub, learn some AWS APIs and set up some web apps, and then you should be good to go.

People here like to shit on web development, and also only insist on non-JS, non-cookie, non-modern shit, but don't listen to neckbeards for learning about modern web development. It's gonna involve some "botnet" shit whether you like it or not. That is, if you want to develop a hirable skillset.

Honestly if you really want to stretch you mind go learn Lisp, Forth, Prolog, or ML.

What are your skills?

Yeah that would be just rude.

user since no one knows your qualifications, experience, or even where the fuck you live, how about you use one of the hundreds of job advertisement sites? If you have a few years experience in a big company you shouldnt have too hard a time finding entry level jobs so long as you make it clear that you're applying because you like working in the position and dont plan to bail soon as you get a better paying job.

Good luck user.

When will companies realize they can hire an autist and shove him into a room with a HPCDF (high powered cheeto dust filter) to do the same job of 50 useless diversity hires?

seriously, I've been turned down for jobs I'm definitely qualified for (in terms of programming ability) simply because I'm an awkward sperglord

I read Prolog ^_^ passed the exam with fairly good score. Didn't use it for 8 years though.

My skills: Linux user [ well sort of. I don'tlike to think of me as admin ], Java,... and I don't know about the rest. I mean... sure I do a lot of stuff. It's just that I don't have a catalogue of my skills. I learn what I don't know fairly fast, depending on the complexity. Ok, sure, my CV has crap like Java, Linux admin, Oracle admin and similar... but... well I did those because it was asked from me. I like coding as such, I hate JavaScript and I'm fairly good at analysis

Ok that's good. Now what sort of thing do you see yourself wanting to do?

I'm fairly good at stressful jobs. It looks like I'm a masochist, so I deal good with stress and I like solving complex problems. It makes me very happy.

Contact a recruiting agency like TekSystems and they'll help you write a resume, and find you some contract work where they skim 30-50%. Do that for 6-12 months, and you'll get a better contract, 6-12 more months, then places will maybe hire you FT.

user, if you really do have cancer, then you probably don't want to have more stress. That being said, maybe work as a "back-office" type in a financial firm. Also, pray the rosary

If you have some money on the side, you could start working on your project.
Sky would be the limit (and your bank account)

>(((recruiting agency)))
Good goyim

t. NEET

Ecks. Fucking. Dee.

lmfaooooo

Learn React.js + Typescript

Nah. I'm good, I don't really mind the dying part. I'm just trying to get as much work done before I expire.

This is the REAL diversity they are oppressing: neurodiversity!
#NeuroDiversityNotRacialDiversity

Actually it's applied Informatics.

Although I left school about a month before passing the final exams. Had a job and didn't care about the papers. Got my skills, I'm very thankful to the university, but they had changed the rules during my last year of studies and I didn't feel like complying.

Let me put it this way: Web 2.0 and the whole shit all around should be killed by nuclear fire. So should all the bastards who pretend to know they know how to code and keep creating shitty code and break the world.