How many of you are using tor for daily use?

How many of you are using tor for daily use?
Should we all do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
searx.neocities.org/
stats.searx.xyz/
stats.searx.xyz/tor.html
yt-dl.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been using tor almost exclusively for the past month or two. It's not very comfy, but it gets the job done. When invidio.us goes down, I'll probably switch back to regular web browser. My biggest annoyance is the fact that the so called alt-tech websites are actually worse than big websites in this regard. Bitchute, for example, is nothing but a big javascript app. It's completely unusable without js.

You can use javascript safely on Whonix. It's a pain in the ass just for the latency and the speeds though, not to mention it's blocked on a lot of sites. You can't even do google.com searches, not kidding you.

I do minus personal stuff (work, school, bank). I also have different circuits for applications like weechat, mpv, quaternion, etc.
My only problem is that MAL blocks tor users from even browsing the site.

Same with gab, it's a fat bloated JS abomination. I get a sort of sick satisfaction out of seeing torba getting kiked by silicon valley and the financial system because of how poor his website is

I use Tor everyday for the majority of my web browsing. The only time I don't use it is if I'm torrenting something, or watching a stream with high bandwidth.

You shouldn't be using google anyway. Use another search engine like startpage or duckduckgo instead.

Attached: 27-food-review1.w700.h700.jpg (700x700, 135.04K)

Its not an "alt tech" website its just peer to peer video sharing. A bunch of 2edgy5u boomers couldnt handle their shit so they went to bitchute and now it has the same reputation as gab

Google search query is useful for images. Also, use searx

always use tor when browsing the pozznet

Just use something like Freetube or youtube-local. They can route requests through tor

this except only for torrenting
I have not visited site requiring javascript to work in few months min

or like searx you geek

Sage for twitter thread.

yes.
normalization of privacy and anonymity is important for freedom.
minimization of google, cloudflare, amazon, facebook, etc. collection is beneficial.
hail eris.

(((DATAMINING THREAD)))

It's always funny how freetards say "you don't need this" or "you shouldn't use that".
Hasn't it occurred to you that the reason these companies are willing to pay to use Google's API (and it makes sense for Google to sell them access rather than just keep the users and the ad money for themselves) is that they are mining the shit out of you and selling the data to marketing agencies at a premium, because you belonging to the 1% of privacy-focused users who are willing to use an alternative search engine makes your data so much more valuable?
It doesn't matter whether you use Jewgle or Duck Duck Goy, both are going to be mining the shit out of you, the second just tries not to make it obvious.

Kys

You didn't substantiate that DDG is better either.
You trusting the word of a random silicon valley startup, especially when they had to make a deal with Google to provide their services, really shows how naive you are.

Me.
Yes. But I sage because I question whether anyone not already using Tor for almost everything can be saved anyway.

this but also this .

It's always a gamble, just use all of them.

I always use Tor when I post on Zig Forums.

No way to prove otherwise, but just wanted to know if i should or not

There are lots of people who don't know what a Tor is, let alone that using Tor is as simple as "click big install Tor browser bundle button, done". A tech support forum like this one is a particularly good place to inform people about Tor.

Yeah, if you are on 4cucks where you don't have .onion and are not allowed to post while on tor.

What's the point of requiring us to use oxwugzccvk3dk6tj when posting via tor, while all assets are still served from *.8ch.net?

Sad to admit I really only use Tor when I need to do something I'd rather not be tracked doing. I'm too attached to my add-ons and 700 tabs open at any given time, and Tor Browser just isn't as comfy as Pale Moon.

Someone answer this user, please.

CM is lame, so you have to enable javascript for it to fetch images from a hidden service.

Use a proxy metasearx engine and install searx instances, remember to activate the YaCy script.

You can have a sandwich that definitely has shit in it or you can have a sandwich that might not have shit in it. Which do you prefer?

If you use Tor only for something bad - NSA know that you doing something bad when you use Tor.

You can use the Random Searx Redirector:

searx.neocities.org/

Though when using that page the HTTP referrer is sent alongside it, so I recommend downloading searx.neocities.org/ and subsequently creating a bookmark keyword for it in Firefox (or Tor Browser).

Just visit the page you've downloaded and right-click "Bookmark this link" and set a keyword for it so you can use and be automatically redirected to one of these Searx engines:

I recommend adding/removing Searx engines you trust/mistrust to your liking, here are a few lists of Searx search engines:

stats.searx.xyz/
stats.searx.xyz/tor.html

so you can use "{keyword} {search query}"
stuff between "" got removed

Is there a way to use the Tor network with something like QuteBrowser without security risks you otherwise wouldn't have using Tor Browser?
I've gotten too used to my regular key-driven workflow and using anything different is deffinitely not an option for me.
Also, what about even more meme browsers like Lynx and W3M?

Yeah, I was using that for a while. Then 80% of the websites stopped working so every search was an annoying 404.

I don't trust that thing it's too much centralized thus killing the purpose of searx, it's better to have a small addon in your browser to do that.

It happens from time to time because of anti DDOS attacks systems but it comes back quickly.

You can simply download searx.neocities.org/ and use it offline. Further instructions on how to configure it in your browser are given on the homepage itself (or you can simply open to the page and enter a query there, of course)

I stopped giving a fuck about tor the day it bundled itself with Firefox. I don't like Firefox, I'm not gonna use """""""""Tor Browser""""""""". It used to be able to be used independent of browsers just like a VPN. It should have stayed that way.

Except DDG is shit.
Proof: try to search for the exact phrase "gentoo saved my life" on DDG. It doesn't find anything. Goolag finds 4 pages accurately.

If you think the browser bundle is the only way Tor is distributed now, then you're a moran.

Attached: 1.jpg (326x294, 15.9K)

The Tor browser bundle is a matter of convenience. There is no requirement to use the Tor browser bundle whenever you want to use Tor.

Now that Brandon Eich's browser supports it directly, I generally use it on every site that works with it.

I don't trust them though:
What data will they receive that can be attributed to an identity? Not my IP, TTB browser (which defaults to DDG with no JS for the site, so large sample space), maybe if different searches are made from the same tab at around the same time, they can be associated. That's about it.

btw Orfox on android does not give different IP per tab. just wait for a new IP for isolation
i hope orbot give different programs different IPs but im not optimistic

Use I2P.

Then it wouldn't matter whether you were using Goolag or DDG (if using it was possible at all)

Kill yourself weebshit

I don't even know what Tor is. Can it be eaten?

I think you're confusing onion routing with actual onions, but no the onion network can't be eaten.

oops, used "Open in new tab" instead of manually creating a new tab. big difference: only tabs in the same tree have same IP

Other than convenience. Goolag search makes using for a fucking pain. Fuck captcha.

tell that to Monsieur Mangetout

wait wtf no its giving same IP again

It's per domain not per tab.

I don't feel the need to report to alphabet agencies on a daily basis so don't see the need to use tor daily.

Only occasionally then?

thank you friend. i need sleep urgently

why not use youtube-dl? yt-dl.org

why?

then install those addons in TorBrowser and open 700 tabs. it's still better than using bare IP on pale moon

and correlation attacks are much easier if you use Tor only for bad stuff, instead of all stuff

Because those are obviously linked to your real would identity anyway so there's no point in using Tor with them, most banks and workplaces also block it

its perfectly fine to use any browser when using tor, there's no requirement to use the tor browser pack. It's usually heavily advised though because people are retarded and will have retarded addons and otherwise compromised browsers. There's also the issue of browser fingerprinting which could be used to establish a browsing pattern with your browser identity. If you use your browser with tor and without, this also could be used to identify you when using tor. If that matters or not you have to ask yourself. I use tor with my own browser, not really because I do super secretive stuff but more because I don't want every random asshole who mods a forum be able to have my IP which is linked to my identity, and tor is just fine for that. Speed when clearnet browsing is ok.

For banking, buying stuff on amazon/ebay etc. I use a completly different browser without any addons, besides adblocking for convinience. As sites like these are usually botnet central and are bigger than some OSes in the 90s javascript-wise, having a mainstream browser with few or no addons also causes less headaches because of less breakage. Also that shit is usually linked to my real identity anyways, hiding my IP makes no sense.

yes, and TAILS works okay on 64 bit systems, but I wish Vidalia was still developed and TOR still supported 32bit systems or NT before Win7.
Now I'll have to set up a physical network with a dedicated x64 box acting like whonix gateway to route the rest of the network's traffic (including older devices) through TOR

identity and permissions management would be my guess. they seem to automatically add exit nodes to a restriction list which prompts us to the .onion. I've tried posting on /qresearch/ and cannot, because they do not allow posting via TOR, and even when I could get a captcha served up via exit nodes/proxies and solve it, the post would never go through. if it was about privacy they would route everything through the onion, so I'm pretty sure it's for their security / permissions / identity / tracking / traffic management
some other board banned all the exit nodes I tried but hadnt disallowed TOR users themselves, lol. it sucks because I never shitpost or spam but suffer for the actions of those who do, because we all share the same IP on the onion network (we're all 127.0.0.1)