John Carmack - writing Rust code feels very wholesome

I'm still completely in the excited-newbie honeymoon phase, but writing Rust code feels very wholesome.
twitter.com/id_aa_carmack/status/1094419108781789184

Attached: john-carmack-vr-script.jpg (800x1000, 69.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.rust-lang.org/?gist=11b8cb9088b0f8c36048a54ee293f537
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_v._Oculus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well for all his talents, he's always been a cuck.

This has the potential to be yuge for Rust!

How exciting! How exciting!

he looks like he injects nothing but soy
fuck this faggot

LARPer spotted.
John Carmack has achieved more than you will ever in your wildest dreams.

Attached: John Carmack (Armadillo Aerospace) at NASA HQ-VcWRc1wK3gM.webm (320x240, 14.01M)

Very interesting. I'd love to see his take on Rust once he's finished a hobby project in it. If I had to guess, Carmack probably isn't the type of programmer who'd be pleased with having his freedom restricted by the borrow checker, but the language, compiler and toolset are fairly mature and it does deliver on its "safer C++" promises for the most part.

fag.
it's the ML elements that do that. Ever since Haskell, the evil powers of the Earth have been going to the well of Robin Milner's genius, so that they could sell it in a package with their idiocy.

Rust actually is a good language tho.

Nobody wants to write C++ anyway, it's just the only non-toy language that doesn't also have cum guzzling out of it's mouth.

The ideal language would basically be a re-write of C++ from the ground up to omit legacy shit and other stupid spaghetti that it has accumulated over time, and do small tweaks to syntax and other things to make it cleaner and nicer to use.

The problem is that whenever someone makes a new language they have their own super special snowflake idea based on their personal preferences of what the language should do, so it ends up working too differently.

The ideal language is Ada.
But, it probably needs an Elixir/ReasonML treatment to get popular.
Names_Like_This are particular hard to type without editor support.

Make an Ada thread already

oh man look at this guy

shilling the language imaginaryCplusplusrewrite in a Rust thread

If I only wrote C++, I guess I'd feel the same.

Soy phytoestrogen does not disturb us unlike estrogen in milk. We are herbivores.

nice samefagging rustfag

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-10 John Carmack - writing Rust code feels very wholesome.png (230x169, 3.41K)

ultimate.
life's.
mission.

Attached: br02.jpg (800x650, 252.11K)

Your eye of discernment is ... poor.

Attached: samefag.png (736x334, 41.21K)

Y'all hatin' on Rust bcuz you can't get laid, prove me wrong
You can't, I win

I don't understand that argument. You don't have to use all that shit. You can write c++ with just c standard libraries if you really wanted to.

Yeah, I could also just write C or assembly. The point is making a good powerful language that's comfortable to write and provides features that makes it easy to do things on the low level without bloat like garbage collection getting in your way and without excessively subscribing to some meme like functional programming or OOP.

Get out Steve, I thought you said you'd stop shilling.

Only fake soy pajeet tranny cucks need a language with more features than conditional jumps and substraction.

Rust subscribes a great deal to that. What do you think would make it excessive? GC?

I lied

By excessive I mean it's not a big deal if it has support for it, but it shouldn't let it drive the design of the language.

GC is out of the question if you want to talk about C++ replacements. I don't know how obtrusive Rust's baby gloves are but it probably counts as well.

Not even close.

Here's how to trigger a memory fault in barely 10 lines:
play.rust-lang.org/?gist=11b8cb9088b0f8c36048a54ee293f537

>play.rust-lang.org/?gist=11b8cb9088b0f8c36048a54ee293f537
Fun story: I made this. It was fun being a Rust shill and pretending to be an anti-Rust shill to bump my threads and bait easy replies XD

Attached: steve klabnik.jpg (1400x933, 384.3K)

So how's the sex change going?

Attached: rust_homosexuals_vs_C _elite.jpg (1110x837, 173.23K)

lmfao sounds like he doesn't like it much

Ada's problem is that there are too many rules for Pajeet to learn. I hope Ada never becomes too popular though, it's quite comfy to program in, and you're not likely to run into many retards using it, by virtue of its relative obscurity.

Attached: 9f2a8c8d931da4d66d98fd3e566f5082a8a3f1b48e939b57808d64ebb77abcba-2.jpg (1110x837, 179.08K)

Not really, C++ programmers can be autistic but they aren't shilling for sodomy and dick-cutting mental illness 24/7.

Go back to your >>>/4um/

Not really. After Quake, id fell into obscurity and was eclipsed by everyone else. The new Doom isn't that revolutionary, and I don't hear anyone talking about it as they do other games.

Those aren't inclusive qualities. If you had equated can't suck dick because not using rust, then you would have a point because rustfags suck dick.

Poor Carmack is becoming senile.

You mean after Quake 3, right?

liar.

maybe but hes old now and old people do stupid things

What year was that, like 2002 when Quake 3 was released?

millennial detected.

John "I married a Gook and became a walking stereotype" Carmack cucks again.

Whatever, my point is that once the hardware caught up with performance, the actually software didin't matter as much as the textures and other static artwork. Other companies built on this surpassed id.

Are you even old enough to be on the internet, kid?

they would have more customers if their software didnt need hardware worth thousands.

translation: i am getting paid to write rust

caption it. C++:
Rust:

Sure. Uh huh. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Uh huh.

That's a load. People buy their hardware based on their absolute critical level of autism. They know that if they expect to play the newest games at the highest framerates, highest resoution, highest details, that they are going to need to spend the money on the latest and greatest hardware. This is true for all AAA games, not just id.
id collapsed because they had nothing left. Their talent either moved on elsewhere or dried up. It happens all the time to people. Sometimes they get a second chance at another big dream late in life, but for the most part, it's done, finito, kapput.

Sure thing, kiddo. Try LARPing a bit harder.

it can be as wholesome as you want it to
doesnt mean it will work with 30 programmers in production environment
it wont, it CANT, because its for BABIES

His recent innovations have been lackluster.

i think he knows what hes saying
its probably him seeing the "potential in 10 years or so" instead of current realities

He's probably still in better shape than your basement dwelling ass.

Attached: quakewalk.jpg (1564x1161, 1.24M)

I didn't know of anyone who played that, it was either Unreal Tournament or Counterstrike

That's how it is being a plebeian amongst plebeians.

This. Quake 3 was shit compared to UT99. Quake 2 was the last good thing id produced. After that, Carmack started writing bloat. IDTech 4 was a bloat engine designed solely to help nVidia sell expensive GPUs.

Guess he got Linus'd.

Didn't he indirectly work for the Zucc at some point? Such a tragic fall, to be working for a literal meme.

He left id, the company he founded, to work as the CTO for Oculus VR, which was then sold to faceberg.

"borrow checker"?

What is that?

Does he have a harem that includes child brides?

No?

Does he have 1000's of descendants?

He's achieved nothing, historically speaking.

O.R. could have been good...

Loli harem is one of the greatest men's dreams!

Anyone want to explain to me how a programming language makes you a transexual, the hell is wrong with Rust?

Lesbians are made by abusive parents.
Gays are made by getting raped as children.
Bisexuals are ideological LARPers.
Transsexuals use terrible programming languages?
No, more likely that they're made by having a minor fetish and getting gaslit af but people telling them that (((sexual reassignment))) is a practical possibility instead of something that even in a thousand years won't be completely realistic due to significant differences in female and male brains. Maybe an adult male can turn into an adult female and then an adult female into a prepubescent male, but it'll be a lossy translation.

It seems to attract all kind of mentally ill rejects for some reason, many of them trannies. Probably because it was created by Mozilla which always shills for social justice.
No one is pretending that the language in itself is wrong, I personally find it ugly and painful, but whatever.

Thanks for the actual answer, seems like it could turn useful in the future from what little I have played with it.

Birds of a feather flock together

Rust programmers love to fuck loli, shota, otokonoko, traps, cross-dressers, shemales, futanari, intersexes, ladyboys, tomboys, tomgirls!

Romero is a megaspick cultural marxist and Carmack still has little to no interest in using his autism for the powers of good the way Notch does.

How long before Linus' minders have him migrate the kernel to Rust?

h-haskell isn't a toy language...

That won't happen. They are free to reimplement Linux with the Rust language as a separate project that's distinct to Linux.

? That's a benefit.

It was GPUs that killed gaming for me. All the game engines converged to much the same thing, and there was no longer any uniqueness to the game engines developed. Everything became "samey" and I promptly lost interest.

they used to have to be clever in order to write software engines

-ruining a once-good video game developer
-megatextures
Yep, aim high!

yes he's not exactly up on the jewish trickery and it hurts to see him get tricked every now and then but you can't really blame a guy for that, especially when he's done so much. It really hurt to watch him get zucker'd. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_v._Oculus He basically invented vr twice for shits and giggles.

even this competition, bunch of engineers dancing for peanuts; a top prize of 1 million dollars let me put that into context you can't even afford to open a mcdonalds franchise for 1 million dollars.

I only program in Lua.

Rich Hickey spotted.

Attached: Rich Hickley.png (460x460, 259.34K)

Rust programmers are anti-loli because it is disadvantageous to women.

Not if contributors rescind() and then successfully show that the nu-Rinux is derivative. Which is even easier post-Oracle.

based

cope

No, that isn't how derivative works work. It's already hard enough to prove a derivative work when both projects are using the same language. When projects are totally different languages, then it's extremely hard to prove a derivative work.

bumping for the memes

Attached: 2d6.jpg (188x343, 25.69K)

ROFLOLMFAO

lol he's tired of india-tier bugs, so he's shilling Ada 2 for javascript shirtlifters

the salt in this thread from non-practising entities is hilarious

Toddlers nowadays basically come with smartphones embedded in their butts. Thank you for reminding me of the shit world we live in.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES