Surprise News > Which Androids are least likely to give you a Brain Tumour?

news.softpedia.com/news/these-are-the-phones-emitting-the-most-radiation-spoiler-iphone-not-number-1-524918.shtml

statista.com/chart/12797/the-phones-emitting-the-most-radiation/

statista.com/chart/12841/the-phones-emitting-the-least-radiation/

I thought this stuff was over by the time the DynaTAC got TACced, but this surprised me.
I just came across this article looking at Softpedia News the bored shill I am, and I came across this by pure coincidence.

Apparently Der Deutcsche Bundesamt für Strahlenschutz (The German Federal Office for Radiation Protection) and Statista conducted a test on the most used Androids currently to see which one is least likely to give you Noodle Zits. And the results nearly surprised me.

So to anyone who wants to get a new smartphone, stay clear of these models if you don't want to die early.

Attached: chartoftheday_12841_the_phones_emitting_the_least_radiation_n.jpg (960x1007 275.06 KB, 567.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

montalk.net/conspiracy/55/how-to-block-microwave-mind-programming-signals
itis.swiss/virtual-population/tissue-properties/database/heat-capacity/
iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf
emfsafetynetwork.org/wireless-devices-potential-cancer-risk-says-world-health-organization/
thenation.com/article/how-big-wireless-made-us-think-that-cell-phones-are-safe-a-special-investigation/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Color me shocked.

Surely this place hasn't fallen that far.

Attached: 0372f108d5c8399ec2d667c69c96ac5922627b5d8ff63ddccdd61e014af2d1d4.jpg (600x450, 44.37K)

A long time ago mate...

I'm only surprised it didn't happen sooner.

0,17 watts per kilogram alone isn't to be taken lightly. depending of the network you use or available frequency in transmission from your device, it is a LOT for channels beyond 1.5GHz.
4G are 800/1800/2600MHz.

I don't think it does give cancer, but the influence on the thyroid and endocrine system is well known. THIS is what makes people addict to their smartphones. You can give them a more powerful laptop or tablet with better screen and everything, the 3G 4G RF which ranges in a few watts are the problem.

by contrast a 5-10 milliwatt PEAK from a laptop/tablet on wifi is nothing. even on campus a 100milliwatt transmitter for wifi signal covers 100m² or something.

in fact this is a fucking insanity. we should have devices like smartphones with wifi always on, and cell radio off. that should be the solution to reduce this, but this is not commercial.

yes we always have been saturated by radiowaves, the cosmic background is radiowaves, hell my father had a CB radio in on his car a Midland that ranged a few watts, to call another CiBist who was on another city, 50Km from here.

But it was on 25MHz, which makes it much more efficient than any cellphone.

the more you climb in frequency the higher the RF waves are charged and therefore harmful.. and I don't know if you are aware but the next "evolution", the 5G will have transmitters on the range between 20 and 40GHz in some locations to ensure a "better internet access that will rivalize with fiber optics"

So you can watch the ellen degeneres recommended series about gender on netflix on y'oure iphone while frying your brein and bicome a mong. hurhf.
Teevee sez 5-G goud, computre hard, hurts mi brein

Attached: Dv6GWeIUwAApYvY.jpg (500x379, 43.43K)

That's peak, not body average, otherwise your phone would be shitting out 100+ watts in EM and battery life would be measured in minutes, tops.
And that peak is so far from any remotely dangerous level it's laughable, a fucking lightbulb gives you higher absorption.

A small lightbulb gives you more EM from a couple meters, those numbers are basically not worth considering unless you're dealing with UV and above.

got some gamma rays and some infrared here. Which one do you want in the dick?

good thing phones don't emit anything above visible.

oh yeah.

Attached: spectrum.jpg (1000x247, 176.59K)

I don't understand, are you implying that static electricity can't cause mutations in DNA?

exactlym notice how all the phone stuff is well below visible light in frequency.
technically the screen itself emits in the visible spectrum, and that's it.

Non-ionizing radiation doesn't cause cancer you tremendous faggot. It's in the FUCKING NAME.

Attached: 8a0a46a6890a1608fbb1c1f430dcb88726377d14b9969f78642e6c5965d19a22.gif (320x240, 3.73M)

there's a faggot that posts the "muh radio waves cause cancer" shit once in a while, that cunt has been around for a while

That just what they want you to think

Attached: alex-jones.jpg (968x681, 41.92K)

I always knew Google is giving you cancer.

Attached: Screenshot_20190212_223140.jpg (1080x1900, 398.18K)

There is an actual concern for biological processes with implementation of the mmw part of the 5G specification, despite being non-ionizing.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-12 Extremely high frequency - Wikipedia.png (766x221, 37.42K)

False equivalence. Non-ionizing just means it doesn't ionize. The most you could say is non-ionizing radiation can not cause cancer through means of ionization. Asbestos doesn't ionize shit but will give you cancer through inflammatory processes.

I don't understand, are you implying that static electricity can't cause mutations in DNA?

so almost all modern phones then.. its really hard to find something that is not made in asia. nokia used to make their stuff in eu but idk about others.. maybe theres some special models for governments that are made in other countries.

Never knew there were safe ones.

same shitty meme trotted out every fucking time.

Attached: sutro.PNG (670x510, 101.18K)

Tinfoil works, just not in the way you'd think.

montalk.net/conspiracy/55/how-to-block-microwave-mind-programming-signals

i keep my phone on the gsm network because then the battery lasts over a week.. in the other modes it would only last few days.

Kilogram of what? The weight of the device?
You do know that strength of radio emission is dictated by law of the country you're in?
You can't just go around blasting watts and watts of power around disrupting others right to free untaxed airwaves.
The weight of device has nothing to fucking do with strength of signal emitted, it is like putting "how big are your nails based on your height"

These pics and this thread as a whole smell like a corporate shill that go against some of mayor chinese brands.

WOAH DUDE, I live in very windy fucking place and get those static shocks and whatnot ALL THE TIME
Why doesn't my area have bigger number of cancer patients than the country average, omg

I tried to get cancer quicker so I glued my Xiaomi M1 A1 to my nuts but all I got was bigger nuts!?

I mean, that's basically heat treatment, aka burn stuff off.

It's kilograms of absorbing tissue.

pls get your facts straight, niggers. 3G/4G are nearly microwaves. microwaves cause cells to heat up which causes the cells to dry which in turn can cause damage to the cell. pls don't pretend that microwaves are healthy.

Absestos causes cancer via long term, moderate intensity inflammation.
I'm willing to entertain the possibility of EM waves causing cancer via long term, moderate intensity thermal effects: of course that requires studies to back it up, but it's possible.
I'm not willing to consider minuscule intensities, orders of magnitude below background EM (that includes sunlight).

You know how many infrareds and microwaves you get from sunlight, and from any object at ambient temperature or above?

I'd like you to know that you're a fucking retard in the real sense of the word

You are fucking retarded. Microwaves are all around you. It sounds like you're just spouting off your poor misunderstanding of how microwave ovens work. They are timed to cause water molecules to vibrate, which in turn causes it to boil. It doesn't magically make cells "heat up", retard.

Then let's calculate by how many degrees celsius human tissue will be heated up when it absorbs 2 W of microwave radiation during a phone call. If the call lasts 60 seconds, that means it's absorbed 120 joules. According to Wikipedia, the brains of human males average about 1.4 kg, so that gives around 86 joules / kg / minute. According to some data¹ I found, brains have specific heat capacity of 3630 J / kg / °C, which means there's an increase in temperature of 0.023 °C / minute.

I not only used overestimated parameters, I also assumed that phones radiate microwaves at full power during the entire call which they most certainly don't, and also assumed that the radiation went straight to the brain as if there was nothing inbetween to absorb some of it.

Protip: microwaves are all around us and yet people are not suffering from hyperthermia. Their cells aren't dehydrated either.

¹ itis.swiss/virtual-population/tissue-properties/database/heat-capacity/

Our specie had thousands of years to adapt to non artificial climate/environment, when you speak long term in the sense of a human life span it's disastrous because no species can survive a drastic change in their environment genetically speaking.

I never had that much phonecalls and when I do I use earphones.
I can literally feel the heat on the side of my head and it's fucking annoying.

I love how those accidental bunker found youtube videos were like "oh the paint was still nice" when it's actually asbestos. Pretty obvious since everything is usually white colored.

Depends on the race. Dark skinned-people can't get cancer from prolonged Sun UV exposure while most whiteys will get severe skin problems up to cancer.

Explain this, then:

iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf

emfsafetynetwork.org/wireless-devices-potential-cancer-risk-says-world-health-organization/

Again, that would be an argument if man-made EM sources were even a tenth of the total absorbption.
As it stands, they are far less than a thousandth, and at lower frequencies too.

Blacks can get skin cancer too by being sufficiently retarded with exposure (aka leave the basement only to sunbathe in the middle of the summer), and UVs cause damage via a fairly complicated mechanism, which is what allows partial immunity via gradual exposure.
You're not going to build immunity to X rays, no matter how gradually you ramp them up.

Same, I never turn on the 4G data on my old Blackberry and I still charge it about twice a week or less. Also data have a cost. The retard despite having wifi everywhere on their "smartphone" will still use data plan over free wifi for no reason.

That's certainly the battery and electronics, processors and RF module warming up the case. Either way switch to a landline, you might have one with your Internet access (VOIP)

yeah this isn't arranging anything.

This. Microwaves aren't effective at this point. And no, like this excellent report:

mobile phones don't give you cancer like this.
BUT it's my theory, high EM fields may induce in some people and some cases some kind of induced currents altering the endocrine system, nervous, or a plethora of little things combined.

About this, ...infrared and visible just stop at your skin. radiowaves don't, and WILL have an impact, even insignificant.

Of course, light is inoffensive, photons hitting you will be converted to heat and nothing else. is a good reference.

But go imagine the power emitted by 3G, 4G, UMTS antenna, RADARS, and other high power transmitters, these are known as hazardous and it is forbidden to operate or perform maintenance on these when active. Not even a UHF TV relay ( 700MHz or more.) needs to be turned off before maintenance.

The risk and effects aren't null, just know what you're talking about.

Not how it works, EM waves are already entirely induced fields and your body (or any object on the way) can only dampen those fields by absorbing energy, not strenghten them.
You could theoretically have induced currents if parts of your body had incredibly low resistence (comparable to high quality copper), but luckily that's not the case.
Neither is correct.
For a simple experiment, take a small torch, turn it on, and cover the output with your hand: you'll clearly see how even a relatively small amount of light can bleed through a few centimeters of soft tissue.
Infrareds are absorbed a bit more aggressively IIRC, and radio waves are all over the place, with sufficiently low frequency ones passing through a body without losing power.
Keep in mind that the more a specific frequency penetrates, the less it's being absorbed, and viceversa.
That's why a laser in the LF radio wave range would not hurt you even at a few watts, while a visible light laser with a few milliwatts could blind you instantly.
Yeah, no shit, some of those emit multiple kilowatts of EMs: going near an active one is like sunbathing on mercury, or hugging a high power space heater, you seriously risk getting cooked.

Is my calculation somehow wrong? You sure it's not your phone's passively cooled processor heating the shit out of everything?

Your math assumes uniform heating of the entire brain, a phone is most likely only going to heat your ear.
Also the processor heats the whole device by several degrees, at least.

Well the OP did mention brain tumors...

Can't find any data on the mass of human ears. Maybe 200 g? Let's use that. 120 joules / kg / minute = 24 joules / 200 g / minute. Cartilage has specific heat of 3568 J / kg / °C, which gives an increase of 0.033 kelvin / minute.

Either this physics shit is wrong or the microwave's meaningless.

I think your mass estimate is a tad off, 200 g is way too much for an ear IMO.
In any case you'd have several cooling mechanisms slowing the heating even further.

Well a -1200 g difference in the mass parameter caused a variation of +0.01 °C / minute in the final result. Surely we can agree that the temperature of exposed tissue won't rise by even 1 °C? It'd take 30 minutes of exposure to 2 W worth of radiation in order to heat up 200 g of cartilage by 1 °C, and that's of course assuming the phone is continuously transmitting at full power and discounting other modifiers such as natural cooling mechanisms like you mentioned.

I'd also like to note that rising temperatures will change the efficiency of enzymes. Whether that's for the better depends on each specific enzyme. At sufficiently high temperatures such as 40 °C they begin to denature but it's highly unlikely that a human would just allow himself to reach that temperature without noticing or doing anything about it and even in ideal theoretical conditions you'd need hours of exposure to insanely powerful phones to get that hot.

We've been tracking cancer rates in good detail for 70 some years now. Cellphones have been truly popular for maybe 25 years. Careful data collection should be done as to the age of the studied population as we've seen an increase in cancer rates in this time period just for the sheer fact people aren't dying of stupid shit like ulcers and hemorrhoids at 40 years old anymore. Comparing rates in the 20-40 age group would be most appropriate as this is the age range that has had both high exposure to cell phones and long enough lives it would begin to actually form.

There have been more than enough studies demonstrating weird ass effects on tissue from minute field strengths like altered ion interaction and effects on blood cells to justify limiting all exposure to EM. Insufficient wattage to literally burn people is mostly irrelevant as a separate issue.

Every minute you're bombarded by muons from space if you are anywhere else than under a mountain.

just be honest, you know nothing about biology and microbiology past the 7th grade basics

It's like you want the glowdarks to TEMPEST your airgapped loli-viewing machine.

Don't you need like 100 degrees to evaporate water? I bet excess salt is more dangerous to living organisms than slightly higher body temperatures.

Of course. If you're here in Zig Forums, you want this to happen.

This is just disingenuous. That's called the background. Since you can't really do anything about it science spends its time worrying about what receiving amounts in excess of background does. We're always getting some background radiation, and it's not a big deal. Bump it up above background a fair bit and then there are potential concerns. Shit, if you're on municipal water you probably get a bit of lead in your drink. Doesn't mean the water in Flint was safe. The dose is what matters.

way to science fag

That's if the microwaves were spread out across your whole brain. Try putting a thick chunk of steak in the microwave for a minute: does it come out evenly cooked all the way through? No, the outside is burning hot, and the inside is still frozen. Your brain is ten times thicker, and isn't spinning around in circles while you make your call.

Are you crazy? I'd burn my hand off!

seems likely. should be 120 joules/ 200 g / minute = 600 J/kg/min, 600 J/kg/min / 3568 J / kg = 0.17 °C/min
That plus 200 g ~= half a pound, ie way more than an ear. A legitimate estimate would be maybe 20 grams, giving 1.7 °C/min. (tip on rough estimating mass: use the volume in cm3 and convert 1:1 to grams. An ear is roughly 5*4*1 cm3)

you're shit at math, and shouldn't be let anywhere near a calculator. If you get a number by mixing a bunch of factors together, changing one of the numbers by a factor of 6 will change the result bby a factor of six.

Actually, it is. It's called WiFi Calling, and I have my phone on "Airplane Mode" then turn only the wifi + wificalling back on, and my battery usage drops dramatically, my phone temp goes down physically (meaning CIA wasn't listening in on what I have to say for that day), etc. I will not buy a phone if it doesn't have wifi calling.

"a fair bit" you're insufferable

There is literally no point in worrying about deviations from the norm with a relative magnitude of 10e-4.
That's like worrying about what a 0.01C change in your body temperature can do.

Not gonna make it.

"it's perfectly safe goyim, it's just heating up your braincells"
"mild heat isn't dangerous right?"

Not much has been known about cancer and radiation in the first place.
Just because science daily tells you that microwave only heats up body tissue doesn't mean it's naturally safe and "100% final draft of anything about radiation ever". Not to mention we don't really understand anything at all even why you exist in the first place (lol, ignore that). Jokes aside, anything we deem as final is just a logically acceptable explanation at a given point in time which will surely look stupid in the future (same way our ancestors thought of stupid medical remedies).
Heating up can just be another observable side-effect if you're gonna ask any sane open mind. Ask yourself "is that all?" or did you stop asking and only have ears and relay any unoriginal information like the classic cog? It's just a state that changed. You won't even notice someone stabbed you until you feel the pain creeping in.
That kind of "final thinking" is stupid like that guy who kept on insisting fluoride is safe until just recently when researchers had actual findings to prove previous 'old' studies wrong. Maybe you also think GMO is safe without any actual years of study backing up your argument and citing only crazies who talked about it on a hippie radio stream and you got mad because your reddit-radar went haywire and had to state the "final facts stagnated by the limited capabilities of this timeline".

Electromagnetic waves, radiations included, are one of the most extensively researched topics inthe history of science.
"But you can never know for sure" is a very suspicious position when thrown around that casually, it sounds like you're only trying to dismiss evidence you don't like by selectively requiring impossibly high standards.
There's a difference between an open mind and an empty brain, if you don't know the basics of EM/matter interactions already you shouldn't be in this thread.
Hint: "ionizing" is a commonly used term that refers to a very specific physical phenomenon that can arise with those interactions.

Not even trying to apply this to microwaves or 5G or what have you. I'm just making the point that he's a brainlet if he doesn't understand how background exposure works.

The point he was making was that the background is overwhelmingly bigger than every other form of exposure, at almost every possible frequency.

Will you fucking retards ever understand that you need to link sources? Nobody cares about your theories.

thenation.com/article/how-big-wireless-made-us-think-that-cell-phones-are-safe-a-special-investigation/

Lol. He's talking about a flashlight, though. Britbongs call it a torch for some reason.

I don't think he was though, I think he was just being disingenuous as a shitty way of expressing his discontent with the anti-5G side of the argument.

good thing i don't call anyone ever