KDE Long Term Goals and increasing diversity via a coc

banana.dog/@yaaps/101603286717521033#
community.kde.org/Promo's_Long_Term_Goals
If any of the KDE contributors comes here please stop this madness you don't need "diversity" you need people who wants to contribute and especially people who does it well.Skin color, race, sex is not important. If you force yourselves to have such goals instead of just wanting to just grow a better community then you'll have people who think that race, sex, nationality etc... is more important than the project/code.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/gWrTq
lumina-desktop.org/
forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=120468
wiki.qt.io/QtCS2017_Qt_Project_Code_of_Conduct
github.com/rosarior/Code-of-Merit/blob/master/CODE_OF_MERIT.md
github.com/pmjones/conquest/blob/master/README.md
github.com/Xe/creators-code/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/amacgregor/Pragmatists-Code-of-Conduct/blob/master/Prag-Code-of-Conduct.md
github.com/nv-vn/lh-code-of-conduct/blob/master/coc.md
github.com/domgetter/NCoC/blob/master/README.md
github.com/ciafwywcoc/ciafwywcoc/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT
github.com/DanBuchan/ZCoC/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/saint-benedict/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/engineeror/KissCoC/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/CodifiedConduct/coc-no-ideologies/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/mniip/wtfcoc/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

These days "diversity" it top priority and stands way above quality, merit, or maybe even profit (in case of for-profit organisations).

CoCs and leftist ideologies are spreading everywhere. More news at 11. Diversifying will only make the matters worse. Now if some of the mentioned minorities wants to change something, leadership will not oppose it out of fear of being a bigoted white male. What they need is a strong leader with vision and no tolerance for sloppily made shit that gets merged on daily basis. They need a software engineer version of Gordon Ramsay to tell those cunts to fuck off. Fucking donuts.

didnt they already almost run out of money because they did some diversity crap before or was that some other project

That was GNOME

That's outrage marketing, like the all-girl Ghostbusters flick: when you realize that you have an absolute stinker in your hands, present yourself
as woke and progressive. So when people complain, you can call them shitlords and trumpers or whatever, and the media will even help. It's not really meant to win audiences, it's meant to cover your own ass.

And KDE has been an absolute stinker for a long time now...

At least, you can use one of these for mommy's computer.

KDE CONFIRMED DE OF FAGGOTS AND NIGGERS

XFCE, LXDE, LXQT, WINDOW MAKER CONFIRMED DE OF WHITE MEN

And don't you think it's because these are much less popular?

Ah shit, I like KDE and use Plasma right now on my Devuan system.

Welp, I was meaning to switch over to OpenBSD anyway. Might as well rip that band aid off in one go.

archive.fo/gWrTq

Attached: Kde_dragons.png (3185x2270, 1.7M)

Another good one is CDE. Got that old school feel.

i don't care what the race is as long as it's not infected with this poz tbh.

Why do you require this much bloat?
all it has to do is display application windows and organize them in some logical way, and provide a launcher maybe

Yeah, that's precisely why your opinion is invalid

I'm using TDE right now, actually, and a lot of the software that comes with it. Definitely one of the best DEs (I tried all of them at some point, and most of them are complete shit and I can't even understand how there are actual human beings on this planet that use that shit). KDE is really slow and it's kind of a mess overall. TDE is better designed for sure, and good enough, especially on an operating system with retarded devs that can't design a GUI to save their lives and never run out of excuses to not do things correctly. TDE is at least almost as usable as the better versions of Windows, and it does many things a lot better, actually, so that's new.

Another strong point is that it allowed me to get rid of most of the disjointedness of my previous setup, and that you inevitably get from using just a window manager. Having a bunch of software all made by different people, that work in completely different ways, is really annoying. And most of them don't have basic features that I'm used to anyway, and are heavier than their Windows counterparts. I'm not a ricefag, I actually use my computer, and customizing it is not my hobby, so it's nice to finally use something like this after years of trying to make something comfortable and never quite getting there.

I don't understand how people call kde slow when it runs just fine on my 9 year old netbook

The unbeatable feature of KDE for me is how you can show all open windows by moving your cursor to the upper-left corner... any other DE/WM with similar functionality?

I love Xfce because I have minimal hardware and it updates once a decade, so it's pretty much under the radar in terms of shit like this.

Gnome does the same thing.

Gnome 3 is a disgraceful mess. Unless you use the Gnome Flashback mode.

1: It's an argument.
2: Ad hominem like you posted aren't a form of argument.
3: Paraphrasing only this sentence from the whole post makes your argument incorrect and biased.

In the same vein, although it's propietary with special license from SGI (only x86 and x86_64 linux), we have MaXX's Interactive Desktop, which brings 5dwm and related to you!

dumb (((sjw))).

sigh, goodbye to kde's 380 mb optimization. It's possible that this was done on (((purpose))), but unless it is reverted, kde will end up just like gnome.

Maybe they've used something faster and you haven't, therefore making your perceived speed normal even if it is slow relative to other options. Try running something like openbox or i3 and it'll probably feel speedier.

I'll participate if they send me a free black dildo :^)

i used to like xfce until I tried lxde
you might not notice the speed difference unless your in a VM, but there is a speed difference. It definitely has some annoyances though.

The lxde terminal for example. It has tabs, but you cannot move the tabs around, you can move them from left to right and re-organize the tabs.

Maybe this feature is bloat but I installed xfce4-terminal instead inside of lxde because of it.

Openbox, PCmanFM and Leafpad all have basic shit missing or wrong with them and Lxqt is ass

I'm going to play around with MATE and hope that I have a better time of things

This. LXQt is basically an attempt to make a more bloated version of LXDE, with the latter's creator's full involvement (leaving LXDE in the dust in the process).

No matter how shit it is, it can't be more shit than LXDE.
Probably because LXDE is so shit, the control panel crashes with the wrong icon set.

LXQt is also abhorrently ugly. The default black GUI and tiny buttons look like a reskinned Windows XP.
Maybe that only happens if you lack the KDE theming, etc. libraries.

No, it was Intel.

Mate isn't that bad. I used it in conjunction with i3 awhile ago and it actually worked out well. A little clunky like that, but doable.

its the popular things that get those. cocfags might not even know that those things exist

God damn you faggots scream "sky-is-falling" at the drop of a hat. I'm going to keep enjoying my comfy desktop created by straight white european males. You keep doing you.

Attached: 4bac5be01bca98209613a0ff300fbf9cc839d4dd4da8bd3bbbe5d5d14d419b1d.gif (377x372, 3.45M)

Lumina Desktop is pretty comfy, guys. Made by the PC-BSD guys, written in Qt5, uses Openbox (up till recently) as the WM, and is fast as fuck. Was surprised I didn't hate it. I wish lxqt and Plasma were this fast.

lumina-desktop.org/

Attached: u_dumb_round_eye.jpg (500x388, 16.97K)

i use those programs and they have more than enough features. anything else should be in separate programs so they wont become bloated.

Attached: LennartIsWatchingYou.png (996x560, 554.97K)

Diversity, huh? She is pretty so it's okay when it comes to her!

MATE users can go sit on a cactus. Openbox and Icewm or Xfce and LXDE/LXQT are just better than horse shit like MATtE or Chinamon. MATE/Cinnamon users are almost as bad as the subhumans who keep on using GNOME/KDE.

Why would normal europeans want to continue contributing the an ecosystem that doesn't really appreciate their efforts, and sees their work as, yet another white contribution?

I looked into the username of the person who wrote that Wiki article. Bro666, which also has a reddit account associated with KDE. I could not find proof that he's a jew, but he did mention he lives in the South of Spain with his wife.

In these open source projects, what's stopping white males from just saying they are colored females online? Seems like you'd have a lot more pull in projects if you just said
What are they going to do, ask, you to prove it?

< We should give up all the work white people do because minorities that aren't smart enough to use our product don't like it.

The absolute state of Zig Forums

Attached: 2d27be1803c82c57bc78cee68ce307a7d9dbf0b0fe3047d1c06305f9c5108636.png (620x916, 212.28K)

why do they even need to know your gender? you are there to code and it should be possible to do that anonymously.

Minorities don't use kde. Minorities don't develop kde. The developers of kde are mostly (mentally ill) whites.

So are you saying that minorities are smart enough not to use a shitty DE with fuckhuge memory leaks? Last time I used KDE some process named baloo-file was using %100 capacity of one of CPU cores.

And it wasn't just me:
forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?t=120468
This problem was reported back in 2014 and was still prevalent when I made the mistake of using KDE last year.

I wonder if we'll get to the point where SJWs do not want to fix bugs that overwrite minority written code. You cannot have good quality control diminishing your diversity line count.
#NoWhiteDiffsOnBlackCode

This is way too true and so fucking annoying when you try to merge your modifications of older code into a newer version. Maybe I should adobt their tactics too, it seems to work.

If you contribute to a project that officially claims your contributions as less worthy because of your skin color then you legitimize such claims and at the same time degrade yourself. That is the whole point of them doing this, to claim being white is wrong and use the status and fame of the project to legitimize their claims. To participate you must to some extent accept that they can force their vile politics on you or atleast that is how it appears to other people. It's a old psychological trick to degrade you and make you feel powerless at same time. Keep your conscience and dignity, bro.

dont give them ideas

< Minorities don't use KDE. I'm living proof.

< When streetshitters and blue-hairs start contributing code to KDE in substantial amounts, boy won't you look stupid!

Attached: faggot.gif (242x200, 863.58K)

KDE has always been nothing but bloatware, so who gives a fuck? Let 'em burn.

His real name is Paul Brown (Anglo name)

But KDE already had a coc, from 2007 or so (although it was feminazi and sjw free then or something like that, maybe).
Qt is planning to make a feminazi coc. wiki.qt.io/QtCS2017_Qt_Project_Code_of_Conduct
I think that cocs in the way feminazis, sjws, etc. see them are completely unnecessary, useless and harmful. and almost all of the others too. Medieval ones, etc. are safe, I think. (I remember when a project jokingly adopted a christian saint's pledge for one day or so, it is very long and stringent, sjws hated it I imagine).

both and
gnome outreachy and intel outreach got a taste of their own medicine

This. Though gnome is sure to stay on track due to C and security feats but not if they decided to say "fuck security"

Attached: want_to_die.png (640x660 68.96 KB, 66.45K)

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Yikes. Where did all this misogyny come from?

Wow. Just wow.

I love Donald Trump! Heil Israel MIGA 2020!!!

A lot of these posts seem to be automated!

Why is there so much racism in this thread?

Fuck these masonic LARPers.

Remember: There are a lot of options
github.com/rosarior/Code-of-Merit/blob/master/CODE_OF_MERIT.md
github.com/pmjones/conquest/blob/master/README.md
github.com/Xe/creators-code/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/amacgregor/Pragmatists-Code-of-Conduct/blob/master/Prag-Code-of-Conduct.md
github.com/nv-vn/lh-code-of-conduct/blob/master/coc.md
github.com/domgetter/NCoC/blob/master/README.md
github.com/ciafwywcoc/ciafwywcoc/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT
github.com/DanBuchan/ZCoC/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/saint-benedict/code-of-conduct/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/engineeror/KissCoC/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/CodifiedConduct/coc-no-ideologies/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
github.com/mniip/wtfcoc/blob/master/README.md

i3wm masterrace