Programming Fonts

Is there anything better than PT Mono for hacking with your emacs for hours on end?

Attached: 1495146242425.jpg (284x285, 20.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcefoundry.org/hack/
github.com/be5invis/Iosevka
robey.lag.net/2010/01/23/tiny-monospace-font.html
input.fontbureau.com/download/
fontlibrary.org/en/font/code-new-roman
fontlibrary.org/en/font/courier-code
company.paratype.com/pt-sans-pt-serif
reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8jjq33/11_best_programming_fonts/dz0xxs5/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Terminus: the font to rule them all except CJK, I use Monafont here.

Yes, Hack Liga

Pragmata Pro

plebian; utterly plebian.

6x13 X11 bitmap font

I thought you were asking about actually writing your own font. I was disappointed.

!Emacs.FontBackend: xft
!Emacs.font: DejaVuSans
!Emacs*Font: -schumacher-clean-medium-r-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
!Emacs*Font: -lispm-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
!Emacs*Font: fixed
Emacs*Font: -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-12-120-75-75-m-70-iso8859-1
Emacs*toolBar: 0
Emacs*Geometry: 80x81+580+0
Emacs*background: black
Emacs*foreground: gold
Emacs*cursorColor: White
Emacs*pointerColor: White

Terminus is the only correct font to use when programming.
I'm sorry for all you homos who don't use it.

courier new

Wingdings

Yes, doing the same but with Hack font

sourcefoundry.org/hack/

I used Terminus for a long time but lately I have been using Iosevka. It's pleasant.
github.com/be5invis/Iosevka

looks nice

I don't even know the name of the font I'm using. goml nerds.

Workplace Console Classic by Alex Taylor has been very nice to use for me.

Only white men can appreciate the ubiquity of Times New Roman.

Source Code Pro.
Pls no bully.

Good.

Shit.

Good.

Go back to /g/

Exactly.

Filtered.

What a shitty soy font.

Drink bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion.

S Y S T E M

retro:
vt323
courier
classic console
vcr osd
Glass TTY VT220” by Viacheslav Slavinsky

hipster haxxor:
letter gothic
source code pro
share tech mono
cystal (Jerry Fitzpatrick) fixed width

embedded / pixel:
tom thumb robey.lag.net/2010/01/23/tiny-monospace-font.html

t. Zig Forums font creator

The weird looking Sony font is pretty rad, inconsolata for actual work tho. Very similar to pic related not sure if it's the same.

Attached: 51-1-1348120986.jpg (894x571, 152.46K)

Was it a rage quit or save scumming?

This invalidates any opinions you express.

bump for programming fonts

I used to use Source Code Pro, but I've been using Liberation Mono since someone on this board had recommended it. Here's a snippet of my StarCraft 2 bot, written in AutoHotkey, using the SciTE4AutoHotkey editor.

Attached: Liberation Mono.jpg (1003x784, 135.46K)

ess
why
ess
tee
ee
em

absolutely T A S T E L E S S

t. high school student
men of class use Garamond at the very least...

Shit font.

This.

Thanks, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Consolas is also decent.

I forgot one another classic that hasn't been mentioned is
OCR Extended

is pt mono a meme or actually good?

look at the numbers and guess

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (592x847, 49.91K)

i.. i don't get it..

Attached: 908cd8d507b459d2ae9322d40244a8ca16f11a457b135bc7ac7b3704a4298835.gif.jpg (252x255, 12.72K)

Not sure what he doesn't like but in my opinion:
* Many movements are too shallow (e.g. the shoulder on the 2 and the leg on the 9 should dive deeper)
* The zero slash is too horizontal
* I don't like the 3 to have a horizontal top arm

This is all subjective, however, and whatever font allows YOU to read faster and understand more accurately is the one YOU should use, regardless of what others prefer.

which font do you use?

Very inconsistent. Depending on the use, application and rasterizer (some fonts don't render well everywhere), I've got Inconsolata, Terminus, the Linux virtual console font, Times New Roman and the default X fonts. While I have preferences, I've never found a single typeface that matches all of them and sometimes I don't care enough to change the defaults.

Actually, there was a decent-looking font you could configure and generate where you picked the style of each character (dashed/dotted/empty zero, loopy or round, etc.) but I never got around to making mine and I'm not sure where I saved the link.

I believe it was either github.com/be5invis/Iosevka or maybe input.fontbureau.com/download/ but they both look like shit to me right now so whatever. Maybe you'll like them.

spoiler that shit, jesus christ

Currently I'm switching between this two:

Code New Roman
fontlibrary.org/en/font/code-new-roman
There's also a Nerd Font variant for this

Courier Code
fontlibrary.org/en/font/courier-code

company.paratype.com/pt-sans-pt-serif
This is nice. I'll take it for a ride. Thanks, Russia.

Why?

Most people who care about the machine-side of software engineering seem to "grow out" of OOP after a while, favoring paradigms or approaches that are better suited to each of their problems, e.g. going towards (sometimes purely) being data-driven or functional. There's really no need for you to jump off the boat, though. You'll naturally be drawn off if you ever need to be drawn off. If that's never, that's fine as well, despite what others might tell you. Just do what gets you the results you want and be on the lookout for improvements in comfort, productivity and enjoyment.

Liberation mono.
The default monospace

lol!

Font tasting notes for fonts that I didn't reject immediately upon seeing:
* Terminus is an excellent bitmap font. A TTF conversion exists but is useless. No significant quirks.
* CNR is excellent with AA and seems to be hinted just enough to perform acceptably at certain sizes without it. The S/5 disambiguation isn't amazing. Parentheses are taller than other brackets.
* Inconsolata has weird vertical offsets and sizes for punctuation. The quotes are also oriented. Some of this is fixed by Inconsolata-g but this also introduces a dotted zero and other quirks. It's useless without AA and fuzzy on all rasterizers I've tried. Fake and gay for trash people. I'm ashamed that I have it installed.
* PT Mono is admirable with AA and remains quite good without it. Line spacing is a bit queer. Hash is strange with AA.

If I had to pick a single, standard font for every application, I'd go with PT Mono. It's very decent across the board. Otherwise, my preference is CNR for AA and Terminus without AA.

RE: the testing pattern, I reddit from le leddit reddit.com/r/programming/comments/8jjq33/11_best_programming_fonts/dz0xxs5/ but it's nice.

Attached: comp.png (571x827, 41.83K)

So, what's the best monospace font for book reading that also doesn't look code-like with serifs or square angles?
Also, that doesn't have retarded characters.

I use the bastard os font firacode and furacode nerd font.

I don't see a need to grow out of it, when it's providing a useful encapsulation. It's an especially nice fit for automation programming. When I hear unsubstantiated criticism of OOP, I presume the author either doesn't understand it, or experienced someone's poor design, or failed to refactor their own code after trying to objectize everything. That's not OOP's fault though.

And that snippet is using functional programming. That's a first order function being defined.

I will now wait for you to claim that true OOP has never been tried like every soft brained undergrad.

This one's from google but I've had my fair share of rage quits thanks for asking

wasn't able to find the font "very inconsistent", is it in the gentoo repos? I know it's in the AUR

System tbh

I can point to many successful OOP projects. I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience.

Fira Mono.

Lucida Console for me. OCRA if I am feeling particularly spicy. Also Comic Sans.

oh fuck off

Enjoy your unique footprint.

are you a bugman

fpbp, also gohufont is literally Terminus but better, unfortunately it's only available in two sizes and they are both pretty small.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Yeah, fuck off boomer. Nobody cares.

I'm seeing a lot of bot posts spammed around here. Be careful anons