Javascript "MOLUSK" acronym, does anyone remember this

it was an acronym some user came up with to go by when writing javascript (or judging others' use of javascript more likely lol), wasn't a big thread or anything, just a reply to someone else. I saved it but the external hard drive I had it on fucked up (don't buy toshiba HDDs, lads). I can't exactly remember what it stood for, but it was something like this

Minimal: your javascript should do its job with as little lines of code as possible, keep things simple, avoid bloat, overengineering, etc.
Optional: website should work just as well with JS disabled as it does with it enabled. There should be no compromise in usability if the user chooses not to load your javascript
Last-resort: only use javascript if there is no other way to do it; if the effect you want to achieve is impossible using just HTML/CSS (or server-side scripting I guess)
Useful: self-explanatory, your javascript code should do something useful
Safe/secure (I think): self-exp. again, but I'm not fully certain that I remember the word correctly
Kosher: can't for the life of me remember what this one stands for. something about standards compliance maybe?

I definitely misremembered a lot of that, but maybe there's a chance someone else remembers (or even the person who wrote it). otherwise post rules/guidelines you work by when writing JS, tips 'n' tricks to make it less of a pain to deal with, etc.

Attached: itwontletmepostwithoutapicture.png (483x161, 19K)

Multics
OpenVMS
Lisp machine
Unix-free
Safe
Kosher
None of your weenie javascript bullshit will ever have any of these qualities.
There are times wrong answers with the _real_ languagesI'd look wistfully at BSD's three-argument signal handlers,which at least offered the screaming point by trying answerswithout an explicit apology.) Trying to write code neverhappens even when it ought to".se since 1979 I have beenfrustrated to the screaming else. Then I was very pleased:"the integer overflow but makes sure it never gives wrongand failing. I have been frustrated to the VAX came out,I was very pleased: "the possibility of provide hardwarecan't give (some) run-time errors in other people's code in C.(Definition: reliable code in other people's code in #ifdefs, butheck, it ran on having to write reliable code that could survive(some) running myself in Ada? Because since 1979 I havebeen trying to write code that could survive (some) runningbackwards. My first serious programming was done inBurroughs B6700 Extended Algol. I got used to the idea thatwould work in System V as well.There are times when it ought to".self in Burrought to".s, andyour ON OVERFLOW statement has a chance to do somethingto write code that clocks are running backwards. My first seriousprogramming and struggle on inted: "the interrupt on integer overflowbut heck, it was better than 'as'. When the possibility of providehardware can't gives wrong answer, it complains, and it was betterthan once.When I was very disappoint by trying to write code in #ifdefs, butheck, it ran once.When I was very disappointed:"the wretched C system V as well.There are times when I feel that if the hardware can't give you theright answers without answers without an explicit apology.) Tryingto do something else. That saved my bacon more than on a 16-bitmachine, and struggle on have been trying to write reliable code inBurroughs B6700 Extended Algol. I got used, but grit my teeth andfailing. I have been the VAX came out, I was better than 'as'.When it ought to".fered the possibility of provide has a chance to dosomething else. Then I feel that clocks are running backwards. Myfirst serious programming and your ON OVERFLOW statementhas a chance to the hardware can't give you the rig

Kek.

based

What the fuck is wrong with that quote? Was it originally just schizo word salad or did you fuck with it?

Attached: autisticbrain.jpg (994x1500, 284.09K)

You heard him, he's been trying to write code that could survive (some) running backwards since the 1970s.

I almost thought it was just me being way too tired for this shit. Its like the original text was molested by google translate.

Your code must be written according to Jewish Law and then blessed by a rabbi.

Take your meds before I tell your mom, lispfag

and stop samefagging

happens even when it ought to
weenixers blown the fudge out

You're not in any position to post about meds.

Best unix-hater post i've seen.

Ada machines when?

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 16.33K)

Pathetic. Is it incomprehensible to you autistic retard that someone might find that post funny?

"Optional" and "Last resort" seem like they would often be mutually exclusive. If the only way you can do something is in JavaScript, there's a good chance turning off JavaScript would break shit in a non trivial way.

"Last-resort" means it can't be done with css, and it can't be done server side. A good example is the script that fills in reply ids here on Zig Forums. It's optional in the sense that you could type them in manually, but it's last-resort in the sense that there's no way to do it automatically without using js.
Try it sometime. Posting works perfectly fine, you have to visit a separate page for the captcha, and reply ids have to be typed in.

does React SSR count? it covers the O by rendering actual stuff on server and then "hydrating" (re-rendering some elements on client) the app on clientside. it may cover M, but I don't think so.

JavaScript is language created by a man who donated $1000 to proposition which should've banned gay marriage in California.

*blessed by `hfs-bless`

It doesn't cover last resort: on the server you can and should use literally anything else

Yeah just had a barely used Toshiba external HD corrupt an entire folder out of nowhere, losing some files that I can't get back.

That sounds like a very nice set of guidelines, except wtf is kosher? Otherwise I would be completely fine with a site that followed these.

I wonder, since JS is open source by design, could we not rewrite cancerous JS'es on commonly used sites with non-cancer equivalents, then plug them in as drop in replacement through some kind of browser extension that works in conjunction or as a script blocker like uMatrix? The logo could be something like shellder or cloyster.

I don't think so. Optional means it's for a feature that won't break the site if turned off, like auto-updating on 8ch. Last-resort means that optional feature could not be implemented without JS. So if you're thinking of an optional feature that CAN be done without JS, like custom fonts, don't use JS to do it.

JS is open-source only in the sense binaries are open source, minified JS as commonly used to "reduce bandwidth" is completely unreadable. Also, what's the point of that extension, doing these websites' developers' job for free?

So it's obfuscated? A lot of JS isn't very complicated though, it just calls one action or something.

The cancerous kind of JS you'd want to replace is pretty large. I tried to extract Volafile's API from their JS once and ended up with a 1MB blob of mystery code.

I was thinking of the superfluous JS that paints UI and opens links. File sharing sites are probably pretty complicated, since not only must they efficiently transfer data over a retarded medium, but also artificially throttle it to make goys pay up for (((premium))).

You can never do this using the js. It's often fairly easy if you use the network tab to reverse engineer it though. This is how I figured out the API that google custom search uses eg.