Hidden copy of windows 3.1

i hid a copy of windows 3.1 inside this photo just open it with winrar or
7zip that is if theres some sort of system that would remove the files from the photo its self on this image board

Attached: zcat.jpg (800x450, 10.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

datagenetics.com/blog/november32013/
youtu.be/ZGlkjxCRwzc
zdnet.com/article/100-unique-exploits-and-counting-for-latest-winrar-security-bug/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just tested it and it works

Someones discovered steganography. What will really boil your noodle is when you start realizing tons of images deploy this method on Zig Forums and it has been used for secret communications for years.

Please I Didn't need to know how bad things really are.

I think you can also hide messages using a text file to pretty much I just opened a command prompt and did this
Copy /b image.jpg + file hidden.jpg

I even created a batch file making it easier to do that

Theirs a lot of stupid shit you can hid in a image

Pardon my spelling and grammar i have a lot of issues

Ive done this using videos to and i was able to do it Successfully

>I'm excited about this stenanography that even moot managed to write a program to detect in 2006

Is this even steganography? It's akin to concatenating two files together.

No it's not steganography and is simply concatenating two files together (you're correct).
The easiest and simplest form of steganography is least significant bit encoding but that's not what this is.

I remember when you would be autobanned on halfchan for stapling an MP3 to a picture, way back in the days before GG. Before then, it was the way people would have "name that tune" threads with a bunch of "play this picture in winamp" images.

Do you have any suggestions for materials to learn about other forms?

Just look up QR codes or even datagenetics.com/blog/november32013/

Will check those out. Thanks.

convert

Based and powerful

That came about from moot getting a Scientologist's dick up his ass over Anons doing the concat trick to spread the OT Documents.

Are there any scripts to detect embedded files in bulk? I have tons of images and I'm interested if there are any there.

Coudln't even uplpoad 3mb image last few days then there's this? wtf

i made a video on a some software for windows that makes it pretty easy to do you just cant save files with it youtu.be/ZGlkjxCRwzc

what would you even do with a copy of 3.1?

install it in dosbox

i meant with the operating system its-self

i don't think you could get it to work with freedos a lot of people have tried

idk i did it cuz i could

did you virus scan it?

i did

but i was thinking. wouldn't it be really easy to tell which flies are hiding stuff just by how large they are

true im looking for some other sort of software to do it with i think openstago is better

i really thing the prospect is pointless because this method still requires you to put your cleverly hidden (thing) at the mercy of 120 autistic s

zdnet.com/article/100-unique-exploits-and-counting-for-latest-winrar-security-bug/

well heres a file that uses steg

Attached: oldcomputer.jpg (838x720, 1.73M)

yeah dont use winrar

Not to mention Winrar is a proprietary program

Attached: mog1.gif (329x232, 794.33K)

a decent programme splits a file among a couple of dozen image files, so they are all only slightly larger than average.
download them all and reconstitute the file

holy shit i didnt know it was that bad

remember the "post sinks mods are asleep" threads in 2007/2008 on 4chan?
Yea, filled to brim with CP

Organize your DOS games.

Attached: NEW12.png (640x480, 20.38K)

RAR is a proprietary algorithm.

Yeah, no thanks.

Attached: eh.png (1448x1080, 915.36K)

hey is a possibility you could have it on your pc and not even know it

until the feds break down your door

its kind of scary if you think about it but i wouldn't worry about it as long as you don't download random images off of an image board i think you should be fine but that goes with out saying

Found the white man.

Sound pretty simple to automate.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Cardcaptor_Sakura_29_(1440x1080_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[AB1C2418].jpg (1440x1080, 700.67K)

This is literally all i ever do.

lol

Attached: skull.jpg (600x600, 24.3K)

some one should lock this thread

cant you just batch convert the image to the same file format or different file format to shave off the excess data

Uh oh

Attached: YuiShocked.png (538x558, 212.82K)

No as the data could just transfer over
Usually this does the trick but some stengraphy methods use the individual pixels to transmit data and not the formatting of such. For those kinds of things you need to print out the image and blur it up a little with water then scan it back into your computer and wala, the image is clean now.

Why, are you annoyed someone might mention that images downloaded from major services like faceberg or twitter actually have CP embbedd in every single last image in secret so that the governments that make CP illegal can just arrest you without explanation for browsing goybook once? Well this is indeed a thing. But the algorithm to re assemble the CP is a closely guarded trade secret by intelligence agencies/mossad, who planted the CP in the first place being the faggots that they are.

I think you should blur and rescan the image several times for maximum safety as the printer could be inserting shit into the image too.

Attached: a5d0fdfaed6a586a1ebe904350fcfd1d35cf5b41fdfbaf494d2978fd97bfb664.jpg (488x305, 15.2K)

What if we hid temple OS virtualbox images inside images (pun) and put sekrit files in there? Anyone wanna try this?

A whole new way to add an extra layer of work. Don't forget the big boy file size either

Remember "Mods are sleep, post sinks"?

Fuck, that brings me back.

Attached: but files cant love files.png (458x458, 364.15K)

Why are you even here if you're a windowsnigger? This is a tech board, leave.

Zig Forums started silently removing concatenated files a few months ago, I noticed it while doing it myself.
No matter how I download your pic it's 27kB.

there is some old stuff man

Attached: Play in Winamp.jpg (1920x1080, 1.63M)

Batch convert your images to another image format (or same image format, really); this should get rid of lumped data. You may also use lossy compression algorithm to remove data hidden in least significant bit of RGB triplets. Don't forget to discard EXIF and meta data.

Appending a file with copy is baby's first stego. Try embedding the file directly into the image data with something like steghide. Much much harder to detect and filter! 😹

Never heard of this 'unrar linux'.

I definitely think we should temple OS is the ultimate operating system

I am the original poster hand yes I are any swapped over to using steghide

fwiw, here's the first INTERNET SECRET MESSAGE I ever noticed...

something suspect is going on, I had to thinks...

As other EWS fans might now, a few years later an artist calling themselves "TDK" appeared with very suspicious art style. Schwartz denied up-and-down all this illegal art that might destroy a budding animation artist's career chances was him... I invented up a way to make a hash of a JPEG's EXIF, showed all the "TDK" pics had the same hash... and then ran it through my archive of the entire image collection of the 1994-era Internet.. and the only artist whose images generated the same hash was a Eric W. Schwartz.

This has nothing to do with being an edgylord who can distribute the Christchurch Zig Forumstard's Manifesto in a way that ((they)) can't prevent, sorry.

Attached: es_fifi.gif (640x400, 19.99K)

What an interesting story you have there bro

I wonder if I could copy of the original New Zealand's shooters manifesto and hide it in an image

Fuck it know I can and I can use steghide to do it with

And after I've hidden the manifesto inside the image I shall upload it to appear to peer to peer distributed network good lick censoring that Bahaha

This has nothing to do with being an edgylord who can distribute the Christchurch Zig Forumstard's Manifesto in a way that ((they)) can't prevent, sorry.

Oh I apologize about that

I got a little carried away

Moot must be watching me Because I think I'm minute after I made this post I was perma banned on 4chan

I got a feeling moot is watching meeeee oh I got no privacy

This is the memetic virus I kept telling Zig Forums about.
It makes censorship impossible.

I already told my mum to purge my hdds if I die

Is there a way to mass detect attached data on images? I got like hundreds of millions of pictures, cleaned of meta data and archived with winrar. Could be interesting because they date back to the middle of the 90s.

Tough call. I'm only vaguely aware of this stuff, I'm not a pro on the topic. I think you'd have to suspect there's something weird going on and you'd have to guess how the data (and what type of data) has been hidden inside the file...

Assuming we're talking about two (or more) files lumped together, you could recognize clandestine data by guessing it's proper size, and compare to the actual size of the file; but that would be tricky since compression algorithms are involved.
You could also check for specific signatures within those files (for instance see if a "%PDF" string is present in a non-PDF file, or maybe more than one image header like "GIF89a", "PNG" or "JFIF").
Ultimately, you could brute-force your way through and attempt to decode full streams of data out of files (which is probably the way to go in this case)...

There are other techniques to hide the existence of the data, like the least significant bit explained earlier (which would be revealed if you isolated those bits into a black and white image; the result would be a very noisy canvas that bares no resemblance to the source picture, since those bits are completely unrelated to the actual colors that makes the image), or two-file masks (where you combine two images and the result is the hidden data).

Either way, we're talking steganography (which is the process of hiding the existence of a message), and not cryptography (which is the process of concealing the meaning of a message, not its existence). In short, you could have an encrypted lump hiding beneath a normal file and analyzing a whole stream wouldn't return a single thing, because you'd assume the information is clear.

If you want to retrieve the information, there are some brute-force data extraction tools designed for video games resources files that could be useful here, but that would still require doing it by hand I think.
If you want to get rid of the secret lumps, I would recommend the lazy way out, such as using a batch image editing program like irfan, acdsee, xnview or whatever: select all and convert to a proper image file (which would discard all extra data - be careful not to convert image types to different images formats that do not support specific features, like transparency or animations).

That's all I have.

How do you split them after, tho?

ha, retards

Ever thought about making and distributing copies of such a fantastic collection?

Bumping this question.

Damn. I saw a good presentation from some hacker con on just this subject a few years ago. It was on non cryptographic means of hiding data from law enforcement. It also mentioned soldering flash memory directly to the USB hub on the Mobo, because it's not often they do a thourough physical inspection. I can't find the damn talk on YouTube now. I remember it was given by some skinny dude that was drinking beer during the whole talk and was fairly drunk by the end. I don't remember what con it was, though.

I tried this yesterday and it worked, but now all I'm getting is a 30 KB image. Did it get purged or something?

Images get stripped after a while on infinitychan. Like exif and non-image data.

How the fuck do you hide files in jpgs? That's the bullshit. Why is it even possible to do so?

It’s not exactly steganography, it’s a polyglot file.

It's easy and how do you think a viruses are spread People hide shit in images all the time Why do you think your email client tries to block remote content such as images by default

privacy
security

Viruses spread through buffer overflows and shit like that, that's not what OP did which is hide a file in a legit image that actually renders and can apparently also be opened with .rar software.

that remote content could be something that exploits a vulnerability in the image libraries. some of those get updates almost every day because theres always some bug in them.

Sigh... another piece random piece of shitware I have to write.

Big Question here: wouldn't the filesize for most of this hidden stuff be unreasonably bloated? Just like the OP here, all the pictures have file sizes that are waaay larger than what you'd expect a picture like that to be. With a gif or webm I can kinda understand but wouldn't it be a huge red flag otherwise? Or is there ways to hide that too?

Attached: b5fb7787080e95ee16bcf1ce7ab9c8c3.jpg (236x236, 10.87K)