Is dual monitor a meme? How is it better than one monitor?

Is dual monitor a meme? How is it better than one monitor?

Attached: 601.jpg (657x527, 24.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

whatever-tech.com/best-dual-monitor-stand-reviews/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Incel technologies makes it possible.

No, in fact, triple monitor is IMHO even better, as in most workflows it will allow room for reference materials on one and palettes/tools/readouts on another, in addition to what you're working on.

Other benefits include:

Maybe, in the future, giant curved monitors and much better designed DEs with more standards-compliant software will render multiple monitors mostly obsolete, but we're not there yet.

Attached: starfire.jpg (572x420, 140.65K)

It's more a distraction than anything. There's no way you're more productive when looking at two things at once.
So, just use one monitor and switch between things with alt tab for example. If you need to have so many things open that you need more than one monitor to organize them, something is probably wrong with your workflow.

Attached: mahboi.png (546x459, 8.75K)

t. NEET supreme

Meme for faggots without easy to switch workspaces.

Why? If you have monitors lying around, why not connect them to your machine?
If you have unused resources on your machine, there's no deficit in using them.
Sure you might not want some old low res panel to be your main monitor but as a secondary they will allow you to place compact things in your sight. Like an excel chart or an audiobook.

Two monitors is very useful when referring to stuff and going back and forth.
However, one large 30-in monitor with enough resolution is better.
16:10 2560x1600 27-30inch is the height of displays and no one will ever top it, FACT.

Attached: yadumbcat.png (254x300, 56.69K)

All I see is 2560x1440, nobody makes 16:10 screens anymore.
Also, from what I hear anything above 1920x1200 is considered "non-compliant" with no guarantee for proper support under Linux/*BSD.

single monitor's good if you're doing one thing and all the info is pretty much in your head. You can divide the screen in half if if you're doing a quick cross-reference of one source of info with another.

Sometimes you want to tail logs, and having a dedicated screen for that helps. Sometimes you want to tail logs while you also tail those same logs for a specific keyword or set of keywords when debugging. This helps there, whilst also allowing you to have the source code open on the other monitor and walk through what's happening while referencing the logs.

If you throw a third monitor into the fray, then you can do everything listed above, but also have a second piece of reference material open. Likely you won't focus on three things at once, but if you're going to switch repeatedly, making them highly available speeds things up considerably.

I'll generally have a couple different workspaces where each screen has a specific job, (one for communication, one for testing/reading logs, one for writing+referencing+version controlling source code, the rest). It's useful, specifically when hopping between tasks and projects repeatedly, to have that sort of organizational structure there so that I can have all the tools/info open at the same time to tackle the current task at hand.

Best DE/WM for multi monitor setups?

Attached: 1529717642.png (717x642, 109.05K)

IPS/PLS/VA panels consume a lot of energy, even if it's not CRT tier, you know?

Are you implying that moving your head, neck and eyes then refocusing your attention/gaze is faster than mod+[0-9]?

Anything with Xinerama, faggot. Don't know how you're supposed to do on Gayland.

Dell still makes them. I just bought a couple 1920x1200 ones that look really nice.
Hopefully they continue to make them for awhile maybe even one with freesync

I'm sure you can get cheaper ones.

PC Parts Picker show 20 >27" 2560x1600 displays, though most of them are a bit old, and all are >$1K MSRP.

The eye's saccade movements are the fastest and lowest latency any part of the human body is consciously capable of. Also, peripheral vision allows you to constantly monitor a large number of items for changes.

Depends on your workflow, I have the main monitor where I do stuff, and the second is monitoring other stuff that I glance from time to time.
Other uses is having references or other documentation there.

this is the worst meme

I use 4 with one being a 21 inch CRT. I can't go back to just one monitor. Most everyone I know that started using 2 ormore feel the same way.

total meme

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1600x1200, 4.3M)

Wish that keyboard wasn't ~$350 USD.

i've had one for a few years and it's worth it tbh

You idiot. Two eyes are better than an eye, and two hands are better than one hand. It's same. Two monitors are better than one monitor.

it isn't better but tards who spent all their allowance on dual 4k 120hz monitors with 3 gtxtitan in sli overclocked i9 rizen gaymin peeseas will say otherwise

My eyes barely work so I have to keep my monitors so close that I have to physically turn my head to see a different one; my main monitor takes up most of my periphery. I have a secondary monitor hooked up but the neck pain from using it isn't worth it so it hasn't been used in months.

Attached: __blind_prince_usotsuki_hime_to_moumoku_ouji_drawn_by_un_c__8b8a746d3f295300803693584e5bb544.png (868x1228, 760.62K)

yes. one large widescreen monitor is better.

second monitors are awesome, get one if you can.

- when programming you can have the web browser open
- when watching videos you can have the web browser open
- when playing roguelikes or similar games you can have the web browser open
and irc and whatnot.

alt-Tabbing is more annoying than you think.

Yeah, if ordinary fixed, two monitors are not doing us justice as we have to bend our necks frequently trying to align with the position of the screens. But the if you have a dual monitor stand you can kiss goodbye to such inconveniences and enjoy the picture) Have a look at some great options whatever-tech.com/best-dual-monitor-stand-reviews/

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES