Migrating from Ubuntu/ Debian Mate to OpenBSD, CalmWindowManager

Logan Rivera
Logan Rivera

Migrating from Ubuntu/ Debian Mate to OpenBSD, CalmWindowManager. A blog.
be me
a hwite cis male w/ penis intact
hate the b l o a t of Linux, especially ubuntu, especially gnome
even gnome 2 (mate), your old standby, seems bloated
don't want to deal with gentoo suit
hate the fragmentation
hate the gpl
hate the CoCk
plan9 is literally retarded
9front is 3edgy5me
haiku is a forever early beta
windows
<absolutely proprietary
give openBSD a download
install it on my core2duo machine
connect to wifi with a config file
thisactuallyisntasbadasitsounds.jpg
start x with xenodm
all of cwm's configs in one file
so simple
so well documented
man [ ] pages make sense
tmux just as good if not better than gnuScreen
the install was a walk in the park
easier than debian minimal tbqh
forced me to learn vi instead of nano
honestly it's much better
I took the BSD pill. Will you? Or will you keep taking Linus's CoCk and letting Stallman tell you what freedom "really is"???

Attached: images.png (10.38 KB, 278x181)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.fsfe.org/Migrated/GPL Enforcement Cases
gnu.org/philosophy/proprietary.html
gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary.html
mrsatterly.com/openbsd_games.html
dosbox-x.com/
thfr.info/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mystuff/emulators/dosbox-x/
youtube.com/watch?v=lKXe3HUG2l4
opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee's_Alice
gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html
gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
gnu.org/proprietary/
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html
reproducible-builds.org/
bootstrappable.org/
fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom
h-node.org/
gnu.org/software/guix/
jami.net/
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
crowdsupply.com/libre-risc-v/m-class
fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/
fsf.org/campaigns/
jami.net/hardware-accelerated-encoding-and-decoding-in-jami/
gnu.org/licenses/copyleft.html.en
gnu.org/philosophy/pragmatic.en.html
gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html.en#ccbysa
gnu.org/licenses/license-compatibility.html
man.openbsd.org/man8/rc.d.8)
man.openbsd.org/help
wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/install_using_sysinst/
bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=232645
openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#Wireless
cromwell-intl.com/open-source/openbsd-wireless-wpa2.html
man.openbsd.org/hostname.if
openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Multibooting
boards.4channel.org/g/
c0ffee.net/blog/openbsd-on-a-laptop/#networking
wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_use_wpa_supplicant/
netbsd.org/docs/
pkgsrc.org/
openbsd.org/faq/ports/ports.html
man.openbsd.org/ports
openbsd.org/anoncvs.html

Easton Ramirez
Easton Ramirez

Migrating from Ubuntu/ Debian Mate
So you were using among the most bloated Linux distros/DEs, and you complain about bloat. OK.
9front is 3edgy5me
It's also CoCked, hard.
If you've got an old ATI video card and you don't mind piss poor performance, OpenBSD is, indeed, a good choice, as long as you don't take its security claims too seriously. It's full of 0days, largely because of the OBSD team's refusal to examine the gobs of Linux-world code it has slurped in (e.g. X DRM), and, of course, as soon as you install a single port or package its claims of "only X holes in the default install in Y timeframe" are irrelevant.

But, hey, enjoy.

Justin Collins
Justin Collins

I’m switching too, user. There is a small hitch but I’m going to run Linux in a VM and access it with X to solve my issue. But OpenBSD is based and works great.

Luis Howard
Luis Howard

hate the gpl
BSD cuck. Waiting for your commits being stolen by Apple.

Jacob Ross
Jacob Ross

Waiting for your commits being stolen by Apple.
Who cares? It's not like they added anything of value. Just pure consumerist trash products.

Hunter Morgan
Hunter Morgan

Who cares? It's not like they added anything of value. Just pure consumerist trash products.
Yeah and they make bilions out of it, use it to take away people's freedom and make the world a worse place, while the devs of cuck licensed software have nothing. Working for a corporation for gratis is pathetic.
On the other hand by using a copyleft license you support free software and force corporations to give back the source code.
Apple contributed to GCC just because they couldn't make proprietary extenstions for it, because of GPL. GCC is one of the most popular compilers, whereas *BSD cucks got nothing. The same situation with Wine - they had used a non-copyleft license, a corporation stole their code and gave nothing back. They changed Wine's license to LGPL and now Valve works together with Wine team on a free software project.
Oy vey! Stallman takes away my freedom to make proprietary software and mistreat users!

Isaac Lee
Isaac Lee

BSD users understand the BSD license and commits can’t be stolen because Apple can’t delete stuff from the source tree.

Go back to Russia you stinking commie.

Attached: BEED0B5A-46F4-4C15-A2E7-EBC8072C1A5A.jpeg (153.33 KB, 450x399)

Julian Anderson
Julian Anderson

Yeah and they make billions out of it
Without BSD, they'd just have a different internal clusterfuck. It's not like apple users care.

Kayden Morris
Kayden Morris

BSD users understand the BSD license and commits can’t be stolen because Apple can’t delete stuff from the source tree.
Using your definition of stealing, using a program or playing a game without paying for it isn't communism, so corporations using the law to forbid people doing that is communism, so corporations and making money is cummunism. Something doesn't work, don't you think?
Still you work for gratis for a corporation. Enjoy being cucked for the sake of free market.

Giving your software for gratis to a corporation is like giving a knife to someone, who wants to murder you. If someone cares about free software, he should never do that.
Using a cuck licensed software is ok only, when you don't contribute to it. When you're a parasite

Without BSD, they'd just have a different internal clusterfuck. It's not like apple users care.
And that would be ok. No working for free. They would maintain their clusterfuck for their money, It'd be a shit, like NT kernel, proprietary software world would be weaker.

Liam Perez
Liam Perez

like NT kernel
I'd say Windows is better than OSX. The OS is a bit more that a kernel.
OSX only has drivers for Apple hardware to start with.
to a corporation
To everyone, you, me, other people, the aids faggot, some corporations. It's not like I'd have to give them a copy in person.
No working for free.
This is the difference between freetards+companies and people with with higher values. To each their own.

Christian Nguyen
Christian Nguyen

To everyone, you, me, other people, the aids faggot, some corporations. It's not like I'd have to give them a copy in person.
GPL does the same, you don't have to give the source code, until you don't want to distribute it. But GPL supports only corporations that support free software.

This is the difference between freetards+companies and people with with higher values. To each their own.
What higher values, I'd like to know? Being selfish, or feeding enemies?
By using GPL you make sure, no one uses your software to mistreat freedom of it's users. You don't work for free (gratis), because you work to make all the software ethical.

Bentley Parker
Bentley Parker

let me completely ignore all the gpl violations that occur and cannot be remedied because no one will sue a billion dollar multinational corporation
GPL doesn't prevent loss of freedom and never has. Developers choosing to make software freely available, regardless of the open source license chosen, is what gives people "freedom". You treat the GPL as some savior when it was really about changing developers' attitude to give away source code freely (and the open source movement, OSI, changed more minds than the politicking of the FSF ever did).

Brandon Ortiz
Brandon Ortiz

GPL doesn't prevent loss of freedom and never has.
Wrong.
wiki.fsfe.org/Migrated/GPL Enforcement Cases

Asher Anderson
Asher Anderson

What higher values, I'd like to know? Being selfish, or feeding enemies?
R u retarded? Being altruistic. The complete opposite of a communist like you who only thinks of himself.

Charles Reed
Charles Reed

Ok that's retarded. Read what you've just written a few times.
How is giving freedom and preventing bad people from using your software to mistreat users' not altruistic? Do you think that caring about corporations is more important than caring about individual people?

Julian Cooper
Julian Cooper

based

based

based

based

Shit thread btw. Saged and unbased.

Owen Allen
Owen Allen

preventing
Why? Because of your selfish desires?
bad people
You're the only one saying they're bad.
from using your software
Not my software but a copy of the code of my software.
to mistreat users
Users can still use a copy of my software to do whatever they like.
Fuck off. Your posts are mere spam, both quality and frequency wise.

Alexander White
Alexander White

Do you think that caring about corporations is more important than caring about individual people?
This is neither about capitalism or individualism or other sins of yours. It's altruism.
It also doesn't mean it will inevitably be used to subvert my software and that that turns out to work.
Freetardism is also subversive. LibreOffice is just subverted OpenOffice with a license change and a few feature and GUI changes.
The devil is everywhere and the only way to protect yourself from him is a good heart! And killing kikes, of course!

Nathan Wilson
Nathan Wilson

unbased

unbased

Ian Anderson
Ian Anderson

Why? Because of your selfish desires?
Read my previous post.
You're the only one saying they're bad.
gnu.org/philosophy/proprietary.html
gnu.org/proprietary/proprietary.html
No, malware, spying, bricking, backdoors and censorship are perfectly fine.
Not my software but a copy of the code of my software.
A copy with their shit added.
Users can still use a copy of my software to do whatever they like.
But users can't use a copy of your modificated shit, because it can be proprietary and even DRM could prevent them from using version they can trust.

You don't seem to know how GPL works. You don't even seem to know what nonfree software is. If you are OP and you hate CoCks and GPL more than proprietary software and corporations having power over users, then you should probably install Windows or OSX.

Ryan Perez
Ryan Perez

A copy with their shit added.
Who says that their code is an extension to my code? What if my code is actually a component of their code?
But users can't use a copy of your modificated shit
your
But it isn't my code and if it's shit users can go there and complain to them.
Furthermore why do you automatically assume users want the program which contains parts of my code over my program?
Furthermore why should I care about what my users think about my license choice?
The average computer user never looked at program code in his life time.
It's not altruistic to force your will on others but the exact opposite and I assume you agree with this statement. You're just not accepting it pretending to be the ultimate good person.

Aaron Lee
Aaron Lee

Giving a killer a knife is altruistic too, but is it a good choice?
Who says that their code is an extension to my code? What if my code is actually a component of their code?
It doesn't matter, they can use your software, take all the profit and make it nonfree.
Furthermore why do you automatically assume users want the program which contains parts of my code over my program?
They don't have to, they could be forced, they don't have to know about your software, the proprietary version could have more features. That's basically what happend to *BSD systems. Almost no one uses *BSD, a lot of people use OSX and shit.
Furthermore why should I care about what my users think about my license choice?
That's not altruistic.
The average computer user never looked at program code in his life time.
Average Zig Forums user should always do that. You don't belong here, if you doesn't.
You're just not accepting it pretending to be the ultimate good person.
GPL isn't Mr. Nice Guy

Attached: Unix-history-simple.png (247.97 KB, 1280x853)

Jack King
Jack King

There has been some drama on the mailing lists, but it's not CoCked.

Carson Nguyen
Carson Nguyen

Giving your software for gratis to a corporation is like giving a knife to someone, who wants to murder you.

So use the power of BSD and don’t share your enhancements. With the GPL you MUST share. BSD is the superior license.

Austin Jackson
Austin Jackson

Shut up, liberal. There are always be people that will seek to take advantage of others and they will not stop just because you respect the NAP. The wicked need to be dealt with by other means.

Attached: sherman.png (731.92 KB, 640x714)

Luke Sullivan
Luke Sullivan

GPL is for trannies.

Xavier Sullivan
Xavier Sullivan

GPL
GPL
GPL
lol are Apple shills still mad at stallman because he refused to add their shitty scam plugins to emacs?

Adam Torres
Adam Torres

What plugins are you talking about? Also, I think every MacOS dev that used Emacs was phased out or possibly executed, along with the actual MacOS development team itself.

Jaxon Powell
Jaxon Powell

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES

Adrian Anderson
Adrian Anderson

It's also CoCked, hard.
The project got cocked and inclusive after uriel became an hero and that aiju antifa fag started to head it.
He removed the mein kampf from /lib/, put a anti-nazi image at the webpage and removed the edgy jokes.

If Uriel were alive he would've killed himself.

Hunter Reyes
Hunter Reyes

Based.

Evan Peterson
Evan Peterson

Christopher Green
Christopher Green

Dominic Rogers
Dominic Rogers

Charles Cox
Charles Cox

Henry Russell
Henry Russell

Isaiah Martin
Isaiah Martin

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE MODS ARE COMPROMISED MOSSAD/CIA SHILLS

Joshua Gomez
Joshua Gomez

Heil Israel

Nathaniel King
Nathaniel King

Elijah Campbell
Elijah Campbell

Good idea user, but don't you think that idea is a bit too Jewish?

Kayden Mitchell
Kayden Mitchell

i'm interested in plan9front, read the nemo's intro and currently programming on it 9front as hobby. would you mind to create a thread on the topic? i don't share the "plan9 is retarded" meme, but i do think aiju's SJW values is ruining the project. and he even isn't the MVP.

Luis Hughes
Luis Hughes

BSD cucks got nothing
clang is BSD compatible

Cooper Gonzalez
Cooper Gonzalez

What's wrong with CoCs?

Jonathan Russell
Jonathan Russell

IMHO
* it spawned from a mentally unstable tranny.
* it has nothing to do with technology, or even meritocracy.
* it dictates how and what one is allowed to speak.
* it's part of the worldwide, all-around creepy leftist agenda.
it's basically the beginning of something not related to freedom, which is one of the primary goals ALL open source projects.
be me, ugly_tranny on IRC
decides to give a shot on kernel programming because it's full of cis white males
can't understand shit, because it takes years to grasp both theory and current implementations
go on IRC for help, be told to RTFM
used to be treated like a "princess", decides this is transphobia
shame project, goes viral
personal life of developers shattered
developers quit project
trannies take over, can't code shit, goes back to web programming in a week
microsoft, apple, google, ibm and all the other corporations laughs in proprietary, slowly taking control over the project
jews laughs in worldwide control

Kevin Morgan
Kevin Morgan

mentally unstable
Is that just an insult or the truth?
tranny = bad?
dictates how and what one is allowed to speak
Do you think that can never be OK?
left
I don't really know anything about the political left and right, so I'm just gonna ignore this for now.
it's basically the beginning of something not related to freedom, which is one of the primary goals ALL open source projects
Not sure what you tried to say here.
ibm
proprietary
taking control
If IBM owns Red Hat now, and Lennart made systemd, does that mean that systemd is going to be used as a tool to have more control over the Linux world?
jews
Are they really that prevalent in the world and are a lot of them bad?

John Brown
John Brown

Any opinions on dragonfly BSD?

Hunter Reed
Hunter Reed

Is that just an insult or the truth?
truth, he tweeted several times about it.
tranny = bad?
i want to belive they can behave properly and be productive like "everyone else". but reality shows that most of them are mentaly unstable and tend to stay in web programming, which is arguably easy and imo cancerous.
Do you think that can never be OK?
i stand by the side of free speech and free association
Not sure what you tried to say here
not my fault, try reading it again out loud.
systemd is going to be used as a tool to have more control over the Linux world?
yes
jews are really that prevalent in the world and are a lot of them bad?
you must be new here. anyway, lurk on /pol/ and decide for yourself. imo they tend to put themselves first, but get salty when others do the same. been so prevalent worldwide (and history wise) even though they are less than 1% of world's population, makes it worse.

Brayden Howard
Brayden Howard

I would switch to a BSD, but I require those things:
decent nvidia performance
a FS with journaling

Dylan Sanders
Dylan Sanders

Have they enabled DVI output from Intel GMA yet?

Attached: dvi.jpg (117.79 KB, 1200x900)

Andrew Sanders
Andrew Sanders

All Unices are brain damage. You're arguing which boot fits better in your ass.

Colton Howard
Colton Howard

Could you recommend some alternative that provides similar functionality?

Ian Turner
Ian Turner

openbsd would be good if it was possible to disable all those security memes. they make it so slow.

Caleb Rivera
Caleb Rivera

journals are bloat

Hudson Sanchez
Hudson Sanchez

What about Kali-linux?

Lucas Foster
Lucas Foster

No games

Luke Lewis
Luke Lewis

Good!

William White
William White

I run it on lower end hardware; far snappier than openbsd on the same gear. Takes a bit more work to get a desktop going .. a few more tweaks than obsd .. but so far, I really like it. The dfly kernel (and multitasking) is apparently hot shit and my experience bears that out.

If I was running more than dual core hamsters, I'd probably opt for open. But dfly is not offensive in the least, comparable to both open and net, without the history/legacy, of course. Open, Net and Dfly are all good.

Dominic Diaz
Dominic Diaz

no

Attached: OpenBSD-28-05-2019-10-42-47.png (16.29 KB, 1024x768)

Aaron Sanchez
Aaron Sanchez

With somewhere between eight seconds and two minutes of typing, you can be running anything from i3 to gnome. The former is literally 'pkg_add i3' and putting the word 'i3' in ~/.xsession. Don't shit on the blue and red, that is LIVING HISTORY right there, laddy.

Luis King
Luis King

Pardon my retardedness, not a good thread reader. Prefer to just fire shit off before reading.

Isaiah Miller
Isaiah Miller

I can confirm that OpenBSD is pretty /comfy/. It's a complete OS, and it has good docs (manpages and faqs). OpenBSD has a clear vision and its developers are working steadily towards it.

nice try, tranny. but that's not true. 9front sucks a tranny CoC.

Do you think that a CoC can never be OK?
First, if you require a CoC to be able to behave like a normal functional human being, then I won't probably want to work with you tbh. Second, CoCks are an attack. CoCks can be used to get anyone's (be it a developer or a user) reputation ruined. CoC are SJWs' weapon that they use to bully anyone who they don't personally like. CoCs are only used to gain power over a project and subvert it. Technology and science projects should have as little politics as possible.

also, this:

Trannies are mentally unstable because a tranny is just another word for someone suffering from gender dysphoria (which is a psychological issue!) The HRT just makes things exponentially worse because when people who suffer from mental problems are given high doses of hormones that mess up even healthy persons' minds, then it's not wonder that the hormones have even more adverse effects on ill people (trannies) who should receive psychotherapy and not jew hormones or mutilations (aka sex change surgeries). The whole Tranny meme is just used to exploit mentally unstable and vulnerable people. That's why trannies commit a lot suicides even post-op. The reason why many autists are now becoming trannies is that they are especially vulnerable to suggestions since autistic people often feel alienated from their peers. Then (((they))) just tell them that becoming a hideous tranny will magically fix all of their problems.

does that mean that systemd is going to be used as a tool to have more control over the Linux world?
yes.

Good multi-thread support and the best FS (HAMMER and HAMMER2). It has also large amount of packages available.

muh games
See: mrsatterly.com/openbsd_games.html

Jackson Garcia
Jackson Garcia

cwm is quite shit on the desktop. twm is archaic although it has some really nice features. the fvwm version that comes with openbsd is like 2 decades old as well.

dwm is quite nice. jwm is also nice.

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

"letting Stallman tell you what freedom "really is"???"

Stallman isn't opposed to BSD operating systems so long as they have the 4 essential freedoms. Some are explicitly recommended by GNU on their website.

Isaiah Taylor
Isaiah Taylor

Sorry bud, but no WINE is a deal-breaker.

Kayden Peterson
Kayden Peterson

9front is really where it’s at. OpenBSD is a good second choice if you need stuff like browsers.

Lucas Hernandez
Lucas Hernandez

Doesn't matter, he can still suck it.

Aaron Taylor
Aaron Taylor

still needing windows baby shit
Look at this man, look at this man and laugh.

Jack Cooper
Jack Cooper

9front sucks a tranny CoC
you don't know shit

Jeremiah Ross
Jeremiah Ross

make a copy
stolen
found the MAFIAAfag

Colton Sanchez
Colton Sanchez

Browsers? Who needs 'em!

Seriously, though, why is there no software for 9front apart from the base system itself? Is it a matter of the chicken and the egg, or something else?

Aaron Anderson
Aaron Anderson

not using wine to play those classic Windows 95/98/XP games
You're no fun.

Attached: no-fun-allowed.jpg (84.47 KB, 488x516)

Oliver Miller
Oliver Miller

dosbox-x supports these dosbox-x.com/
there's a works in progress port from an openbsd dev here thfr.info/cgi-bin/cvsweb/mystuff/emulators/dosbox-x/

Lincoln Green
Lincoln Green

imagine taking a joke seriously
Ever wondered why the CoC page shows something different every time you visit?

Leo Williams
Leo Williams

no

Bentley Powell
Bentley Powell

This user sums it up perfectly.

Attached: b2fefa32404dbb191a156b316b560b02c0d828a7b4bdd390a49498744ed5cc85.jpg (100.02 KB, 960x944)

Xavier Lopez
Xavier Lopez

install openbsd
install dwm
thisisntsobad.png
install browser
try scrolling
100% CPU usage
tearing
try scrolling in terminal text editor
tearing + 100% CPU usage
for some reason there's no hardware acceleration
OpenBSD can't do hardware acceleration out of the box on a 10 year old thinkpad
it even uses more RAM than my lightweight Gentoo GNU/Linux install
still haven't figured out how to use hardware acceleration
openbsd = lame

Aaron Moore
Aaron Moore

tbh dwm does that even on linux.

Caleb Garcia
Caleb Garcia

tbh it works fine for me fam. I should've mentioned that it's a perfectly usable machine under gnu/linux

Thomas Turner
Thomas Turner

Yeah, be like capitalists doing everything for the people, not profit.

Jeremiah Lee
Jeremiah Lee

be gpl commie
have kernel taken over by red hat, intel, google
have systemdicks shoved up your init
"you bsd shitlords are slaves to the apple bourgeousie"

Attached: 477eb64d742b3791c679d32b1fe5c5989d4436855244d15fbc55498958cb45e3.gif (536.9 KB, 500x281)

Christopher Taylor
Christopher Taylor

unironically uses "tearing" outside of /v/
Now we know what you use your computer for, but you could have just as well installed Windows 10.

Attached: 65e915ce143514b3ffe0847800317dc9c4cb8583d42793306bcd36da73566f2e.png (22.84 KB, 351x289)

Brandon Jenkins
Brandon Jenkins

Remember to tell anti-copyleft americans to fuck off back to Maccy D's.
hurrrrrrrrr the freedom to have your freedom taken away means you're more free
They actually believe this, I've seen it. Not even ancaps are this bad.

Attached: maybelline,-grab-the-break-action.jpg (54.44 KB, 700x636)

Ryan Howard
Ryan Howard

Maybe they want to keep normies away? Not having bloated shit browser would be a good start.

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

Muh GPL is communism
Ok cuck

Attached: LMAO.jpg (51.85 KB, 800x663)

Liam Thompson
Liam Thompson

Commies flock to GPL because it resonates with them more than BSD, which doesn't focus of long-winded discussion about theoretical "freedoms" but rather just provides a practical reference to work from. There is no politics in the BSD, it doesn't care about that kind of stuff, whereas the GPL is all about politics.
But the reality is that the license itself means very little. Anything that can get subverted will be, period. Your license doesn't mean jack shit to the corporates, as they have already taken over Linux, Firefox, and other big projects. And now they fucking own you, if you depend on those projects, because you have no say in what goes on there, much like you have no say about what happens in Windows. The only way to escape them is write your own software, or use software that's small and simple enough you don't depend on other people to maintain it. The next best step (not ideal, but still fairly acceptable) is to use software maintainted by a team of invididuals with a leader like Theo who doesn't accept any kind of subversive bullshit into his project. Everything beyond that is full cuck, no matter what your fucking bullshit software license is.

Joseph Nguyen
Joseph Nguyen

Commies flock to GPL because it resonates with them more than BSD
Intellectual 'property' contradicts property rights, fighting that is libertarian.

And now they fucking own you, if you depend on those projects, because you have no say in what goes on there
I can change the code however I want and no one can stop me. I don't care who owns it.

Eli Bailey
Eli Bailey

You have a say for GPL projects whenever you decide to fork it. The only person stopping you to fork GPL software is yourself.

Levi Murphy
Levi Murphy

bsd
change code, have no sway over upstream development
"that's a good thing"
linux, gpl
change code, have no really sway over upstream development (like always)
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE they OWN UUUU!!
/pol/ braindamage.

Caleb Fisher
Caleb Fisher

Lol, this picrel, saved, thanks user.

Commies flock to GPL because it resonates with them more than BSD, which doesn't focus of long-winded discussion about theoretical "freedoms" but rather just provides a practical reference to work from. There is no politics in the BSD, it doesn't care about that kind of stuff, whereas the GPL is all about politics.
No, GPL isn't about 'politics', it is about looking after your business. With GPL your code won't be used by fat motherfuckers not giving anything in return. BSD allows that, and here's OSX and Apple making billions and *BSD cucks having nothing. Even Wine was fucked by a company, then they changed their license to LGPL and now Wine is better than it ever was, because Valve is contributing back to it (because they have to).
If you want to empower big corporations, give them your money for free, BSD is for you. But that's just being a cuck.

/pol/ braindamage.
This.

Christian Barnes
Christian Barnes

ok larper

Nolan Gutierrez
Nolan Gutierrez

Attached: IP-not-real.png (671.04 KB, 1706x1054)

Christopher Martinez
Christopher Martinez

/pol/ approves of GPL.

Attached: 1466852557464.png (949.21 KB, 1280x2000)

David Gray
David Gray

You can change the code if and only if you're willing to wrap your head around it and manage its complexity. Which in the case of Firefox, Linux kernel, Gnome, SystemD, and other bloats, you're going to quickly run into a brick wall all by yourself. That's my entire fucking point. You idiots think that a theoretical model is all that's necessary, a license is all that's necessary. No, that's complete bullshit. What matters is what you're actually *capable* of doing, nothing else. And those are the rules set by the universe itself, not some made-up human laws regarding a "license". Those human laws come and go, but the universe is always right. And that's where Stallman was wrong and Terry was right. Stallman thinks just having free/open code is enough, except it's obviously not when the codebase becomes monstrous and changes rapidly. Terry thinks having small codebase is important, because you're the user-developper and you're the guy who's responsible for everything.
Also you can watch this video, it's kinda interesting, and somewhat related:
youtube.com/watch?v=lKXe3HUG2l4
And don't forget to set your grunt path, heh.

Attached: SICP.jpg (502.24 KB, 1015x1505)

Hudson Carter
Hudson Carter

Terry thinks having small codebase is important, because you're the user-developper and you're the guy who's responsible for everything.
This is what Unix 'philosophy' should be about, but anyway, even if you could understand nonfree software and modify it, you couldn't distribute it and work with other people, because someone could sue you and put you to jail. There are programs you can't develop alone, no matter how determined you were to keep the codebase small.

Andrew Wood
Andrew Wood

Terry thinks having small codebase is important, because you're the user-developper and you're the guy who's responsible for everything.
You suggesting abolish any technology if a single individual can't use it without cooperation?

Stallman thinks just having free/open code is enough
If something is "not enough" - it useless?

Michael Young
Michael Young

No, GPL isn't about 'politics', it is about looking after your business.
True
With GPL your code won't be used by fat motherfuckers not giving anything in return.
I've heard stories about microsoft actually using gcc for windows' innards and the evidence was from reverse engineering 'law protected' code so no one can demonstrate this.
It doesn't stop them but at least forces them to pay the consequences but as of now microsoft hasn't yet.
BSD allows that, and here's OSX and Apple making billions and *BSD cucks having nothing.
Same with Google and GPL. Gentoo code runs their very core and gentoo couldn't even pay hosting last I've heard.
Generally speaking it just means that "FOSS OSS" in general can get cucked. Even if you made a new GPL browser for android some indian will just change the icon into their flag and sell it on playstore with 22 trackers. Linux also follows down into the shithole.
Even Wine was fucked by a company, then they changed their license to LGPL and now Wine is better than it ever was, because Valve is contributing back to it (because they have to).
Valve got angry at M$ for trying to jew them to be able to sell at windows software store and even promoting their xbox thing. Valve just happened to take sides with Linux in retaliation but also adds more stress and enmity towards corporate competition.
Firefox is MPL and used to be pretty based until Soros bought it off to track dissidents and de-anonymize people, it even tracks you. I always remember how easy it was to anonymize browsers before but now even with the libre overlay today it's still not enough. They even deleted addons like LSO cookie manager and others so they could realize the plan.

Linux is at 80% complete as it was too a 'pretty based' OS that dissidents and whistleblowers use due to its security but right now that 'security' is a lie with things like systemd sitting under your system.

If you want to empower big corporations, give them your money for free, BSD is for you. But that's just being a cuck.
Some BSD "coders" get paid even GPL niggers at google but that's not the issue,
The issue is every foss or oss shit is going down the drain and the corporations aren't even the issue here again. We're not talking about the billionaires, we're talking trillionaires like Soros or Rockefellers who could shit up all these foss inter-networking machines entirely for the sake of the NWO or NESARA or some cabal group pro warning: you already know too much... also nesara might be cicada
Wanna know the end game? They want to seize the internet. All your comms will be logged, you will require EVM, photo (fed to the beast computer) a fingerprint to be able to use the net soon and a valid operating system. You also are only allowed to consume modified starch or soy beans.

Eli Hall
Eli Hall

I've heard stories about microsoft actually using gcc for windows' innards and the evidence was from reverse engineering 'law protected' code so no one can demonstrate this.
It doesn't stop them but at least forces them to pay the consequences but as of now microsoft hasn't yet.
If this is true the FSF can sue Microsoft, they sued other companies in the past, so they can do it now.
Same with Google and GPL. Gentoo code runs their very core and gentoo couldn't even pay hosting last I've heard.
There's a special license for that, AGPL. But actually Google employees have the right to copy and redistribute the source code, and forbidding them to do so is illegal. But until Google doesn't take away user's freedom, we can do nothing. And you know, if you don't want to enforce the GPL, no one will do this for you, so if Gentoo maintainers don't mind, the GPL is useless, because only copyright holders can sue someone who violates the GPL. But still with GPL you at least can sue someone, BSD makes you hopeless cuck.
Even if you made a new GPL browser for android some indian will just change the icon into their flag and sell it on playstore with 22 trackers. Linux also follows down into the shithole.
But you can sue this Pajeet after all.
Firefox
If developers are malicious, the license doesn't matter. And MPL is not GPL. Also GNU Icecat.
Linux
Actually Linux is just a kernel, whereas GNU/Linux is the system and you don't have to use systemd.
Wanna know the end game? They want to seize the internet. All your comms will be logged, you will require EVM, photo (fed to the beast computer) a fingerprint to be able to use the net soon and a valid operating system.
That's the reason free software is more important than ever and we should make people aware of all these issues.
Soros or Rockefellers
Lol, just stop this consumerism shit, buy only things you really need, make yourself self-reliable. By using free software and not paying for licenses for software you don't even own, you have more power over your life and you give less power to someone else.

Samuel Watson
Samuel Watson

Tearing is not a openbsd specific problem, install a compositor.

Chase Anderson
Chase Anderson

xcompmgr is in base.

Nolan Cook
Nolan Cook

NAME
DESCRIPTION
xcompmgr is a sample compositing manager for X servers supporting the
XFIXES, DAMAGE, and COMPOSITE extensions. It enables basic eye-candy
effects.

It enables basic eye-candy effects.
This is the kind of shit that made X bloated. It started when some dumb cunts wanted anti-aliased fonts, and it will never, ever end. They will keep making up bullshit "needs" and lots of bloated code to work around it.

Joshua Rogers
Joshua Rogers

In X's defense, it anti-aliases very well,
It's everything else in xrenderer that goes to shit.

Jaxson Cook
Jaxson Cook

actually Google employees have the right to copy and redistribute the source code, and forbidding them to do so is illegal
So you're basically giving them your code for free, with nothing in return? What a hopeless cuck. Proprietary is the anti-capitalist way!
<b-but a-at least i can sue them
And achieve nothing but being a brainless virtue-signalizing tranny that gets nowhere
until Google doesn't take away user's freedom
It's impossible to take away user's freedom with any open source license, unlike what gplcucks say. They cannot "copyright" it for themselves and neither can it be "stolen", no matter how many times the communist swine will repeat the opposite.
software you don't even own
You mean, like GPL ones? I sure like being sued for posting my gimp build in my blog, such great freedom, just like in the old soviet days. And incompatibility with other licenses also comes as a bonus price for the user freedoms of sucking stallman's dick.

John Jenkins
John Jenkins

GPL is the circlejerk license tbh

Christopher Martin
Christopher Martin

/pol/ is our bitch, not our ally

Jacob Campbell
Jacob Campbell

<b-but a-at least i can sue them
And achieve nothing but being a brainless virtue-signalizing tranny that gets nowhere
Thanks to GPL enforcement we have for example a few routers working with completely free operating systems, whereas thanks to BSD cucks we have Apple's malware being more popular than other BSDs and jailed bricks seen as something fancy.
It's impossible to take away user's freedom with any open source license, unlike what gplcucks say.
With non-copyleft license you can just change a program's license to proprietary and mistreat user's freedom. *BSD and OSX, that's all.
They cannot "copyright" it for themselves and neither can it be "stolen", no matter how many times the communist swine will repeat the opposite.
Can't they? Thanks to BSD cucks they can! Here you go, BSD cucked and copyrighted by Apple. Fortunately they released the source code, because "open source" became popular.
opensource.apple.com/source/xnu/
<Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
You mean, like GPL ones?
I have all 4 freedoms preserved and if copyright holders don't want their code being used, for example by Apple to build their PrisonOS, that's ok.
I sure like being sued for posting my gimp build in my blog, such great freedom, just like in the old soviet days.
If you didn't modified the source code, you don't have to give the source code. But developers of GIMP didn't make the program, so you can modify it and give nothing back. GPL makes sure everyone can run, study, modify, and distribute a program, not only you to modify and then prevent everyone else from doing that.
muh soviets, muh commie
Lol, are you a burger? GPL compared to what soviets did is much better.
And incompatibility with other licenses also comes as a bonus price for the user freedoms of sucking stallman's dick.
I'm sorry we don't want to give you the source code, so you can add malware to it and prevent users from modifying it.

Wyatt Myers
Wyatt Myers

thanks to BSD cucks we have Apple's malware being more popular than other BSDs and jailed bricks seen as something fancy
<Waah, why don't they spread my cult! They should be destroyed! How dare anyone be any better than me!
With non-copyleft license you can just change a program's license to proprietary and mistreat user's freedom
No, you cannot. A permissive license is for most practical purposes a public domain that cannot be copyrighted again. The best you could do is to stop distributing it. And before you say "muh license change", gpshit can do that as well, allowing some companies a paid pass and effectively serving as a soft version of copyright for freetard oriented developers.
BSD cucked and copyrighted by Apple
So the devs gifted the copyright or what? Was it owned by apple before?
I have all 4 freedoms
And your "freedoms" are retarded and only a faggot jew like stallman could come up with a concept that would subvert the concept of "freedom" as "gibs and limitations".
if copyright holders don't want their code being used, for example by Apple to build their PrisonOS, that's ok
So copyright is ok if you do it now? Typical left scum.
GPL makes sure everyone can run, study, modify, and distribute a program, not only you to modify and then prevent everyone else from doing that.
No it doesn't, it prevents the distributions of any modifications outside of the copyright holder's authority by making sure everyone who uses it has to forgive all his work and perpetuate the faggot cult. it does so by directly preventing modified copies from distribution, as well as any other software that doesn't follow this specific license.
not only you to modify
If i'm modifying the opened source than i'm not restricting anyone's freedom to do it. Gibs me dats tier.
then prevent everyone else from doing that
Except i don't. Unlike GPL scum i actually allow free distribution of my work.
I'm sorry we don't want to give you the source code
But you do, you give them up only to stir shit up later with suing those who don't care about the licensing mess you've created, nigger.
so you can add malware to it
<Any changes that don't benefit ME are malware!
prevent users from modifying it
They are still free to modify and use the original.

GPL is not a tool to fight copyright, it's a mean to prevent innovation from arising by controlling the infrastructure and securing the influence of big projects, except now they are free so for stallmaintes it doesn't count. That's why your software is shit.

REMINDER TO LICENSE YOUR WORKS WITH CC-BY-SA TO CUCK THE GPL COMMUNISTS

Attached: cc-tw-license-compatibility-wizard.png (26.83 KB, 480x360)

Christian Cooper
Christian Cooper

No, you cannot. A permissive license is for most practical purposes a public domain that cannot be copyrighted again.
Lol. Public domain can be copyrighted again.
For example the book "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" is in the public domain. But you could just rewrite it and sell your version copyrighted as yours. There's a computer game based on this book, and it's copyrighted en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_McGee's_Alice
And before you say "muh license change", gpshit can do that as well, allowing some companies a paid pass and effectively serving as a soft version of copyright for freetard oriented developers.
You can relicense only if all copyright holders allow doing this. Imagine trying to change the license of the Linux kernel, which has probably thousands of contributors. You can't change the license if just one person disagrees, especially if you're using GPL only instead of GPL+, GPL+ can be upgraded to any later GPL version.
Instead of LARPing and spreading false informations, better visit gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html and learn how copyrighting and licenses work.
So the devs gifted the copyright or what? Was it owned by apple before?
Don't ask me, the fact is Apple's systems run modified code of other BSDs and this code is proprietary, I'm talking here about the system which people are actually using on Apple computers, not the dummy Darwin, not usable at all without having high level of technical knowledge.
And your "freedoms" are retarded and only a faggot jew like stallman could come up with a concept that would subvert the concept of "freedom" as "gibs and limitations".
GPL restricts only people who want to take away other's freedom. Not giving the modified source code to people is taking away their freedoms. Binary is not a fully functional program, but just its byproduct.
So copyright is ok if you do it now? Typical left scum.
Where did I say copyright is something wrong? Stop projecting. Did you know "copyleft" uses copyright?
No it doesn't, it prevents the distributions of any modifications outside of the copyright holder's authority by making sure everyone who uses it has to forgive all his work and perpetuate the faggot cult.
What? Again instead of pretending you're a lawyer, read this gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
If i'm modifying the opened source than i'm not restricting anyone's freedom to do it. Gibs me dats tier.
By modifying a program and distributing it without the source code you make modifying your version of the software extremely hard. People can still modify a free program you forked, but thats all, your program is nonfree without the source code.
Except i don't. Unlike GPL scum i actually allow free distribution of my work.
But you make it possible for someone else to do this. It's like giving a murderer a knife. Btw give me the link to your software, I'll make a proprietary version better than yours and I'll sell it as a commercial solution for money.
<Any changes that don't benefit ME are malware!
Lol, that's basically what you're saying about the GPL - you're mad because it gives freedom to everyone else, but prevents you form being a jerk, by not giving the source code of modified versions. And yes, any changes that benefit you, but not an user of your program, are malware.
They are still free to modify and use the original.
Again, but your version is nonfree. Look at what Apple did, everyone gets nothing by having the ability to modify original, free operating systems, because Apple's system is better in some way. I can modify FreeBSD, but for a long time Darwin's code was unavailable - this time gave Apple a power to grow faster than other BSDs and it still gives Apple the power to restrict the way, people having Apple devices use them, for example jailbreaking is illegal, and I can't run *BSD code on these devices
GPL is not a tool to fight copyright
No, the GPL uses copyright to preserve software freedom and to fight parasites who want to exploit it for own purposes.
REMINDER TO LICENSE YOUR WORKS WITH CC-BY-SA TO CUCK THE GPL COMMUNISTS
gommunism :-DDD
You're soooo creative. Great capslock. GPL allows you selling your code and making money from maintaining it, there are companies doing that. CC-BY-SA is a lazy solution for lazy dumb fucks like you. And letting your code being stolen sounds more like what you call communism - giving away no matter what, you're a commie yourself.
picrel
I guess you like anal sex, because it is compatible both with males and females.
People like non-copyleft licenses as far as their code isn't stolen, they're total cucks or software they write is so shitty, no one wants to steal it.

Jacob Green
Jacob Green

Public domain can be copyrighted again
No it cannot, retard. The original work stays there and when you download it noone can sue you just because they also made a copy. Kill yourself, you fucking faggot.
There's a computer game based on this book, and it's copyrighted
Ok, you're absolutely retarded, got it.
You can relicense only if all copyright holders allow doing this
Only if they didn't surrender their rights to you, that is.
Don't ask me
Don't dodge teh question. If they bought it like they did with TCP/IP then you're the only one who's cucked here, bitch boy.
GPL restricts only people who want to take away other's freedom
Not giving the modified source code to people is taking away their freedoms
NO, IT'S NOT YOU FUCKING NIGGER.
Binary is not a fully functional program, but just its byproduct.
You're not a functioning creature, just a pile of garbage.
Where did I say copyright is something wrong?
You didn't. I did.
Did you know "copyleft" uses copyright?
And that's my fucking point. You faggots are no better than muh corporations you're always bitching about and all your fucking sect has nothing to do with freedom and everything with lies and control.
instead of pretending you're a lawyer, read this
Fuck off with your commie newspeak, gnutard. You'll be allowed to link that shit when you stop turning things like freedom inside out.
But you make it possible for someone else to do this
And my code isn't going anywhere so your shitty double false equivalence with murder = stealing = copying isn't worth shit. just like you and your nigger mother.
By modifying a program and distributing it without the source code you make modifying your version of the software extremely hard
And it'd be irrelevant for users and not programmers. Not like we're talking about closed source, goalpost moving faggot.
your program is nonfree without the source code
Only by your shitty subversive newspeak.
give me the link to your software, I'll make a proprietary version better than yours and I'll sell it as a commercial solution for money
Assuming you ever ad IQ to learn typing i'd allow that as it would not only not undermine the quality of my code but also give me the ideas to improve my code so that i end up with a superior option that is open source
you're mad because it gives freedom to everyone else
It doesn't, again. GPL never was about freedom.
prevents you form being a jerk, by not giving the source code of modified versions
any changes that benefit you, but not an user of your program, are malware
<It doesn't know I can use my programs
everyone gets nothing by having the ability to modify original, free operating systems, because Apple's system is better in some way
Who's "everyone"? I get a good system, apple gets a good system and you're a nigger with a tranny cock stuck up your ass.
it still gives Apple the power to restrict the way
And why would you be against that? You were all for copyright a minute ago. And it's not like it doesn't make apple's products worse.
fight parasites who want to exploit it for own purposes
And letting your code being stolen
code isn't stolen
giving away no matter what
YOU CANNOT STEAL SOMETHING YOU GIVE AWAY FOR FREE YOU RETARDED NIGGER, IT'S ALL ABOUT FORCED SHARING AND CONTROL OF INFRASTRUCTURE. Cucking yourself to the copyright holders under the premise of "fairness", "paying back" and "user freedoms" is more retarded than buying a shitty blocked phone for 10x it's price because of shiny apple on it.

Elijah White
Elijah White

prevents you form being a jerk, by not giving the source code of modified versions
<y-you're also a jerk if you don't gibsmedats, you're literally stealing from me! Think of those lost sales commits!
You are a great representation of modern big media bred communists.

Jaxson Robinson
Jaxson Robinson

Better prove my arguments are wrong instead of calling me a communist.

Adrian Rogers
Adrian Rogers

I'd do that if you had any. instead you just link to your gnutard nest and repeat your deceitful newspeak expecting everyone to just follow it. Stay cucked, niggerlover.

Jacob Robinson
Jacob Robinson

Get your code stolen, BSD, /pol/cuck.

Ryan Thomas
Ryan Thomas

It repeats itself
The only cuck here is you. Go get yourself jailed for piracy, left scum.

Carter Powell
Carter Powell

Go get yourself jailed for piracy, left scum.
What, piracy? Like killing and robbing on a sea?
mfw he unironically repeats propaganda made by big corporations to make people think using their software without paying is morally equal to robbing and killing on a sea.
Also I don't use nonfree software, no matter if I payed for it or not. What next, you're using Windows to support capitalism, or what?

John Baker
John Baker

What, piracy? Like killing and robbing on a sea?
Don't play dumb, gnutard. I don't care about your shitty semantic games.
propaganda made by big corporations to make people think using their software without paying is morally equal to robbing and killing on a sea
t. "not contributing my(not) freely given code is equal to perpetuating murder"

Benjamin Myers
Benjamin Myers

based

Levi Wilson
Levi Wilson

GPL fanboys constantly whine about commercial software houses "not paying their fair share," but they never stop to consider the alternative.

Attached: Screenshot-20190702-173131.png (101.75 KB, 792x226)

Carson Gomez
Carson Gomez

What alternative are you referring to?

Luis Jenkins
Luis Jenkins

There are actually two.
The first alternative is that because they don't want to play copyleft, they roll their own code. Nobody else sees it, so it's allowed to be trash. Everyone suffers from the effects of their garbage software.

The second alternative is even worse. They decide to use copylefted code in their product, so they get their own developers to take control of the upstream project. The original community can either fork, which is costly, or else become unpaid developers for the company.
Either way, it's actually better if they just take the code and bugger off.]

Parker Brooks
Parker Brooks

Everyone suffers from the effects of their garbage software.
except for those who are redpilled enough to boycott it in favor of Free as in speech alternatives..
Really, that is the smartest option. I mean it's not like vendors shipping OpenSSH and such are that much better off, if their gay IoT devices are still compromised by heartbleed or whatever the latest meme vulnerability is.
Like it or not, the GNU folks have some good ideas, particularly with the argument against tivotization. This whole "just throw the code at them and let them figure it out" is a half-assed solution if your goal is security, as you know they won't be as autistically committed in many cases as Free Software developers when it comes to maintaining/administering their shit, and it's a half-assed solution if your goal is freedom, as it encourages them to continue keeping the other 95% of their codebase nonfree and tyrranical.

Dominic Martinez
Dominic Martinez

Everyone suffers from the effects of their garbage software.
except for those who are redpilled enough to boycott it in favor of Free as in speech alternatives..
Boycotting non-free software is a good idea, but it won't improve security. You live on the same internet with billions of Windows users, so it's fortunate that Microsoft stole the BSD tcp/ip stack rather than write their own (which they probably would have if it had been GPL).
You're talking about being for or against this or that thing (e.g. tivoization), but having opinions isn't a security practice.

Jordan White
Jordan White

they won't be as autistically committed in many cases as Free Software developers when it comes to maintaining/administering their shit
LOL, (((free))) software devs only care about shilling GPL and restricting access of others, not security or maintenance. If anything, the quality of GPL code is just as half-assed and even more unfinished and unpolished than proprietary, with it's only benefit of being able to more easily filter the bloat resulting in the common "10 programs and all are shit" problem that is countered by the intentionally broken compatibility for the sake of their religious zealotry against unopen anything anyways.

You're fine with shit software as long as it fits into your politics and hate any software that is not, no matter how good it is. If anything, you're just propagating closed standards because you'd rather sit in shitty software with no compatibility rather than accept the existence of things like open standards.

Michael Jones
Michael Jones

proprietary
good
Spyware, universal backdoors, updates breaking system, jails and DRM are the quality you're talking about?
gnu.org/proprietary/

Cooper Cruz
Cooper Cruz

core2 duo
Everything is clear now - why you hate bloat and popular software - you just can't run it well on your shitty "computer". How about buying a $10 xeon off aliexpress and stop being a slave to your PC?
Jeeesh

Jacob White
Jacob White

That sounds botnet fam. Pic is the fastest non-botnet computer I can afford. If something can't run on this, it's probably bad for me.

Attached: Olimex-a64-olinuxino-rev-c-id.jpg (136.48 KB, 1280x721)

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

That sounds botnet fam
Don't throw around words like that unless you can back them up. Being technologically literate is most of the battle. How do gaymers with their pirated shit, 10 chat clients, and ""pc tuning"" apps not get hacked? Why would you above all people get hacked?
Fuck, just get a xeon off aliexpress and pop it in instead of your dogshit core2, maybe overclock it and your PC will fly.

Landon Hughes
Landon Hughes

Not what i said, shit for brains gnutard.

Jace Long
Jace Long

You said
You're fine with shit software as long as it fits into your politics and hate any software that is not, no matter how good it is.
no matter how good it is.
So how good is it, tell me? I think proprietary software isn't good at all.

Jace Gonzalez
Jace Gonzalez

You're fine with shit software as long as it fits into your politics and hate any software that is not, no matter how good it is.
any software that is not
Was your whore mother as retarded or did Tyrone grant you his most retarded and decayed genes instead?

Parker Green
Parker Green

Not him but you can disable spyware and other shit in windows 10 with apps like w10 privacy, at least to a level where nothing is sent to microsoft and you can check it with wireshark. Full driver support for all modern (and not so modern) amd and nvidia GPUs as well as full support for popular programs sounds good. I see where you're coming from but don't make freedom fighters look like sourgrapefags.

Grayson Jenkins
Grayson Jenkins

Not him but you can disable spyware and other shit in windows 10 with apps like w10 privacy
Ok, but what about backdoors running on the kernel level? An applications running in the userspace can't stop things kernel does and also you're communicating with the system using its proprietary APIs, you have no guarantee the system will obey your orders, even if you would block something in the Windows firewall, you can only hope it will do what you want it to do. Without analyzing gigabytes of binaries, you're never sure how the program works.
at least to a level where nothing is sent to microsoft and you can check it with wireshark.
It depends, if you're using wireshark on Windows, it can hide packets from you, so you can only check it, using a different machine and still Windows can have built-in p2p programs, for example actualizations on W10 can be made faster by using Microsoft's p2p network, to it can use other computers using Windows as a proxy. If this is a case, then only unplugging a computer with W10 can make you safe.
I see where you're coming from but don't make freedom fighters look like sourgrapefags.
Explain

Julian Harris
Julian Harris

kernel level
no guarantee
I agree there and I will mitigate as best I can. Can you give me an up-to-date list of backdoors in Windows 10?
analyzing gigabytes
As opposed to analyzing mega-lines of code. I'm afraid I trust others either way and still download binaries of FOSS, probably killing the point thereof.
it can hide packages from you
I'm not thoroughly convinced. I've turned off update torrenting.
Explain
Well aggressive FOSS supporters really stand out relative quiet, productive users. We are already a minority, hence each one of us is representative of the community. It's best we act diplomatically and do not use cynical tones and "black pills" to shock others into quitting proprietary. Currently gathering users, consumers takes priority - a lot of them are still used to Vista-era Windows and programs not working - our chance to amass support. Lest we fall behind not only in support for popular tradesman software but also basic features which people notice.

Michael Williams
Michael Williams

Can you give me an up-to-date list of backdoors in Windows 10?
I with I had it, but you can be sure there are some for sure. For those, who don't believe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html
As opposed to analyzing mega-lines of code.
Source code is much, much better.
I'm afraid I trust others either way and still download binaries of FOSS, probably killing the point thereof.
There are source-based distributions like Guix System, NixOS or Gentoo. And Guix pushes reproducibility, bootstrapping and increasing security really far, see
reproducible-builds.org/
bootstrappable.org/
I'm not thoroughly convinced. I've turned off update torrenting.
Rootkits work in that way, they for example hide their files and activity from you. If crackers can do this, Microsoft can too. Nothing stops them from doing that.
Well aggressive FOSS supporters really stand out relative quiet, productive users.
I try not to be one of those, but it is hard, especially when people call you a freetard, gnutard, or tell things like "I have nothing to hide", or "why do you care", etc. They're often aggressive first. I even changed the way I talk to people in the real life and generally, I try to be kind, but it often doesn't work. Some people are even laughing, just because I care.

Luis Taylor
Luis Taylor

I've morally given up on free software. The only people who seem to use it are shady people, hobbyists, and security researchers. I wish there was overall a chain of authority much like BSDs and Linux and a clear direction. That publishing code would be a sign of honor and support of open source was seen as apprenticeship into our craft.
As it is, I'm trying hard to stick to linux, let alone BSDs. I've nvidia and intel hardware that won't be replaced soon and the drivers and vulns are killing me. I am this close to just quitting and running windows. What are some projects I can contribute and actually help the community?

Kevin Moore
Kevin Moore

The only people who seem to use it are shady people, hobbyists, and security researchers.
I've actually convinced my non-shady friends to use free software. I use Devuan and I am going to switch to Guix as soon as I'll get a libre computer. My sister uses GNU/Linux Mint same my other friend, he has Mint on two computers. Also I'm helping my friends with GNU Jami - a free communicator. I made at least 6 people running GNU/Linux for at least a year and also 5 other people know why nonfree software is bad. From my perspective the situation is getting better.
I wish there was overall a chain of authority much like BSDs and Linux and a clear direction.
If I understand you correctly, there's an authority - the FSF and the GNU project. GNU was supposed to give directions, but by not knowing about it, the system is shapeless.
That publishing code would be a sign of honor and support of open source was seen as apprenticeship into our craft.
Isn't publishing your code a honor already? I check some mailing lists of free software projects, and people are really happy to release their code and see code being released.
I've nvidia and intel hardware that won't be replaced soon and the drivers and vulns are killing me.
Your hardware is the problem, if you ran a libre hardware, or just hardware letting you run a free OS, drivers wouldn't be a problem.
Check out the list of devices respecting your freedom:
fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom
And list of devices on which you can run free software
h-node.org/
What are some projects I can contribute and actually help the community?
The coolest and the most important ones are:
Guix - a great package manager and the official GNU distribution
gnu.org/software/guix/
Jami - a free replacement for Skype, etc.
jami.net/
And libre hardware projects
crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
crowdsupply.com/libre-risc-v/m-class
And there's a huge list of high priority free software campaigns
fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/
And just campaigns
fsf.org/campaigns/
I am this close to just quitting and running windows.
Don't give up, we need you. It isn't easy, but fighting for freedom is never easy. It is such a great and refreshing feeling to run your system and life in the way you want. Thanks to free software, my machine runs quietly and quickly, the system is not spying on me and I decide what I want to have installed. I will never use Windows again on my machine, I don't care what fancy things they have, it won't change my mind.

Brandon Russell
Brandon Russell

I tried Jami and I wish I could specify a bitrate for audio and video. Works well.
Your hardware
Sadly I can't see any videocards or powerful processors there. My workstation requires state of the art components.
refreshing
True, true. It felt like a blanket to run openbsd for the first time. Really felt like someone actually took care of me - the user.

I'll have a go at Jami, I really want to specify bitrate. Thanks for listing.

Benjamin King
Benjamin King

That's what i'm talking about: GNU/scum is just an eternal circle of autofellatio, a cult that only glorifies itself by absorbing and controlling actually free software through the same means of copyright while breaking compatibility and attacking everything else and covering every bit of it's lecherous and invasive activity under deceitful and dishonest virtue-signalizing lies that insult the very things that they use to cover this dirty games.

GNU/cultism is the systemd of open source software and licensing.

Connor Walker
Connor Walker

Sadly I can't see any videocards or powerful processors there. My workstation requires state of the art components.
Unfortunately we must wait for it, but there are a lot of projects working on Risc-V based processors, for example the one I listed is going to be ready in 3 years. Just use proprietary software or hardware only if you really must, while supporting free software, so you'll be ready when it comes.
I'll have a go at Jami, I really want to specify bitrate.
They're working on it a lot, it exists only for three years, but they've made a huge progress.
bitrate
They mentioned something about it on the blog
jami.net/hardware-accelerated-encoding-and-decoding-in-jami/
<The next article will discuss a new feature we are currently implementing and that will automatically adapt the bitrate to the transfer capacity of the device’s Internet connection.

Jason White
Jason White

There are good articles about why copyleft is practical, read them.
gnu.org/licenses/copyleft.html.en
<The simplest way to make a program free software is to put it in the public domain, uncopyrighted. This allows people to share the program and their improvements, if they are so minded. But it also allows uncooperative people to convert the program into proprietary software. They can make changes, many or few, and distribute the result as a proprietary product. People who receive the program in that modified form do not have the freedom that the original author gave them; the middleman has stripped it away.
You're not serious about sharing and free software, if you use a non-copyleft license without a good reason, you can't fight proprietary software by giving power over your software to your enemies. It's like you would tell people smoking is bad, but then give away cigarettes. It's not serious at all. Do you mind proprietary software, or is it okay for you?
Here, an article about why GPL is pragmatic:
gnu.org/philosophy/pragmatic.en.html
And nothing will help me convince you, if our definitions of freedom are different. Non-copyleft licenses allow you to make a program proprietary, which is in my opinion a bad thing. GPL only forbids things at the meta level - at level of the license, but it doesn't forbid you things at the level of software - these freedoms are preserved:
- The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose
- The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
- The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help others (freedom 2).
- The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
That's enough freedom for me, at the level of a program, I'm even free to create a war machine. GPL only defines sharing as a good thing, and not sharing as something bad, that's all. And calling me a scum won't change my mind. I don't want to support with my software people, who don't want to support me with theirs - that's a fine rule of cooperation - an eye for an eye.

Levi White
Levi White

People who receive the program in that modified form do not have the freedom that the original author gave them; the middleman has stripped it away
Except they don't, the original program is still there and they can freely use it. They will always have more freedom than using gnutard shit, and your butthurt and gnushit spam will only prove that further.
use a non-copyleft license without a good reason
Holy shit you mother fucking scum. only communists can be this dishonest.
It's like you would tell people smoking is bad, but then give away cigarettes
Where's the murder analogy, gnutard?
Non-copyleft licenses allow you to make a program proprietary
No they do not, you fucking faggot. The only thing they allow is the appearance of other proprietary programs and noone cares about this shit.
The freedom to run the program as you wish, for any purpose
Fake and gay, freedom has a different definition, this one is ability.
The freedom to study how the program works, and change it
Fake and gay, freedom has a different definition, this one is ability.
The freedom to redistribute copies
ABSOLUTELY fake and gay, this license infringes on this ability making it objectively unfree.
The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others
See above, you're a total faggot
That's enough freedom for me
So you're the one who's stuck with a dick up your ass. Now go fuck yourself and be a slave somewhere else, tranny.
our definitions of freedom are different
They are not different, it's just yours are fake, you lying scum.
GPL only defines sharing as a good thing, and not sharing as something bad, that's all
Don't give me this shit, you worthless faggot. You're not "defining anything", you just use copyright and pretend that control it gives is good by hiding it behind words like "sharing" "community" "us" and "society" when in reality it's just another copyright with freetard testers.
I don't want to support with my software people, who don't want to support me with theirs
Then why would you release the source? If you're here for the money then use propietary, it's not like you filth mind copyrights. Or does SAAS make you more money these days?

Funny how the only thing that a gnutard brain can hold is the link to their faggot nest. A bigger NPC than antifa, assuming they are not the same thing.

Attached: NPC.jpg (12.18 KB, 408x431)

Oliver Foster
Oliver Foster

The freedom to redistribute copies
<ABSOLUTELY fake and gay, this license infringes on this ability making it objectively unfree.
Lol, you can't even distinguish the source code from a binary made from it. Compiling isn't a process of copying. Making copies isn't restricted, but the form in which a program is distributed.
Except they don't, the original program is still there and they can freely use it. They will always have more freedom than using gnutard shit, and your butthurt and gnushit spam will only prove that further.
You keep repeating that. It doesn't matter. I don't care about the original one, but a modified version. If someone took a free program, for example about 10K LoC and build a proprietary program having 100K LoC, the ability to modify the original one gives me nothing, my freedom to modify a derivate was has been taken away. And it doesn't only apply to these 90K LoC, but the whole program, even the original part. I can't modify it, because I don't have the source code.
They are not different, it's just yours are fake, you lying scum.
xD
Then why would you release the source?
To support people who share with me and others.
If you're here for the money then use propietary, it's not like you filth mind copyrights.
It's not about money, it's about, look above, share with others who want to share with me too, I'm not supporting selfish people, who want to exploit me or my software or use it to exploit others.
Funny how the only thing that a gnutard brain can hold is the link to their faggot nest.
Lol, that's called giving citations.
A bigger NPC than antifa, assuming they are not the same thing.
Thanks you noticed, I worked so hard to be a braindead NPC, you too~! UwU <3

Dylan Watson
Dylan Watson

you can't even distinguish the source code from a binary made from it
Keep projecting.
Making copies isn't restricted, but the form in which a program is distributed
So the process of redistribution of copies is limited and your license is not free, that's it.
I don't care about the original one, but a modified version
But modified version is not the program, it's a modified version. You just want to control what others do with the software and all your speak of freedom is a fake fraud.
my freedom to modify a derivate
Your ability to access a derivative was never an issue and isn't fixed by gpl in the first place. You're trying to, though, but not for the sake of freedom but for the sake of expanding your influence and gaining from these changes.
And it doesn't only apply to these 90K LoC, but the whole program, even the original part
Imagine being so retarded you can't comprehend the concept of actually free software.
I can't modify it, because I don't have the source code.
And your attempts to acquire it through copyright are no different from microsoft's data collection and have just as much with freedom. Your machinations are just a power grab.
To support people who share with me and others.
But they don't, obviously, and you're not about sharing, you're about centralizing the development and overtaking other projects.
buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords
/leftypol/index.html
that's called giving citations
Nah, that's called blatant shilling.

Where's more brainless spam of gnuorg links, GNU/dipshit?
<Freedom is slavery! Surrender your code! Support your oppressors!

Attached: 2k6dw1.jpg (45.38 KB, 500x607)

Luis Hall
Luis Hall

Making copies isn't restricted, but the form in which a program is distributed
<So the process of redistribution of copies is limited and your license is not free, that's it.
Wait, actually you can distribute a program in whatever form you like, a soon as you provide the source code for it.
You just want to control what others do with the software and all your speak of freedom is a fake fraud.
It's free software, not anarchy software.

Okay, I probably partially see your point - a non-copyleft license actually gives you more freedom than GPL, objectively, but does it make overall sum of software more free? I mean, let's for example give freedom points to licenses - CC0, because CC-BY-SA, you proposed earlier to kill the GPL actually restricts the way you share a thing - it forces you to tell who made the original thing and also
<ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
So you're forced to use the same license, just like with GPL, something doesn't work with this logic, but anyway. Let's give 10 freedom points to CC0 and for example 8 points to the GPL. And imagine now, people are using these licenses. One person makes a program under CC0, +10 points to CC0, but then someone makes a nonfree program based on it, so +0 points, then another one makes a proprietary program, +0, then someone makes a free program too (new, or based on it) that gives +10. With GPL, even if you have only +8 points per redistribution, you're always going to get +8 points, no matter what. So GPL is by that more effective in an environment in which some people are not working fair, whereas CC0 gets less points. Maybe I could make a computer simulation to figure out critical values and where would CC0 be more effective, but probably in an environment, where everyone uses CC0. There are actually science papers about things like this, for example Game theory.

Jack Bailey
Jack Bailey

you can distribute a program in whatever form you like, a soon as you provide the source code for it
So if you don't, you cannot, rendering your license unfree. Stop using the word "free". It's not a buzzword and you don't care about freedom.
It's free software, not anarchy software
So it's unfree software then. Stop using the word "free". It's not a buzzword and you don't care about freedom.
a non-copyleft license actually gives you more freedom than GPL, objectively
Then stop referring to your shitty cult as related to freedom.
overall sum of software
overall sum of software
Holy shit mental gymnastics. Amazing how quickly a communist jumped from standing for freedom to anti freedom apologetics.
So you're forced to use the same license, just like with GPL
GPL is CC-BY-SA
You're retarded.
With GPL, even if you have only +8 points per redistribution, you're always going to get +8 points, no matter what
No, dipshit, nobody uses it and it causes problems for other software. Cases where GPL has actually achieved something beyond limiting others and concentrating development power in the hands of a monopolist: 0. Cases where GPL breaks compatibility more than a proprietary program does: shit ton. Even if someone is subhuman enough to consider utilitarianism as anything of value your shitty math falls apart when you remove points for incompatibility and worse software as a whole. And your usage of copyright only reinforces that, further increasing the reason the software has become so shitty over time and this mess created - copyright. But those who caused that already know about it and sure do exploit it to its full extent. Good job, useful idiot.

Elijah Sullivan
Elijah Sullivan

So you're forced to use the same license, just like with GPL
GPL is CC-BY-SA
<You're retarded.
No, here what you say is illogical.
CC-BY-SA is not a free license, following your logic, because:
It takes away your freedom not to tell who the author is, while distributing a derivative work:
<Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
And it takes away your freedom to change the license, just like the GPL does.
<ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
And this license forbids you to make a derivate nonfree
<No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
AND IT IS ACTUALLY LISTED AS A COPYLEFT LICENSE
gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html.en#ccbysa
<This is a copyleft free license that is good for artistic and entertainment works, and educational works. Like all CC licenses, it should not be used on software.
License LARPer BTFO
I'm not talking to you anymore, you're obviously baiting. Don't waste my time anymore and learn how copyright and licensing works, instead of LARPing.

Caleb Sullivan
Caleb Sullivan

he doesn't know that the only way to fight copyleft license is with other copyleft licenses
You only BTFO yourself, nigger. Also good job ignoring the point and dropping the argument when getting the remains of your crumbled logic demolished.

<It returns to gnuorg shilling
And so the NPC reverts back to it's original form. Expect this woman to double up on gnu/shilling and shoving their shitty system into every non related discussion. Add hypocritical redefinitions of freedom and pile of pretentious buzzwords to taste, mixed with terrible punctuation and broken English from an ESL user as well.

Attached: 2kexp7.jpg (85.35 KB, 500x1214)

Adrian Thompson
Adrian Thompson

the ban of slavery is restricting my freedom to be a slave!!
This is the mind of the BSD cuck.

Attached: freedom.png (18.31 KB, 1306x853)

Brayden Jenkins
Brayden Jenkins

it goes again
You're the only one cucked here, we've already figured that out.

Attached: 4.jpg (181.62 KB, 1036x627)

Jeremiah Fisher
Jeremiah Fisher

Also
freedom is slavery
Lul, i guessed it right beforehand

Carson Foster
Carson Foster

You are the one shilling for poeple to donate code to corporations. It's also hilarious how you think some vague bullshit that some defector was told to say by his CIA handlers at the threat of being deported has any value.
Forbidding slavery is a reduction of indiviudal freedoms. You'd like to own slaves, right?

Attached: libertarian-snake.jpg (32.38 KB, 640x427)

William Reyes
William Reyes

donate code to corporations
Nice strawman. Truly, the fullest use of feeble freetard mind.
vague bullshit
I'm not subscribed to the gnuorg, kiddo.
his CIA handlers
t. RedHat. Stay cucked, bitch boy.
Forbidding slavery is a reduction of indiviudal freedoms
You never understood that slavery is in itself the lack of those freedoms, it can never be prohibited by further restrictions, only by their recognition.
<It still goes with slavery=freedom narrative
Why haven't you jumped straight back to murder false equivalence, gnutard?
pretentious strawman spam
/leftypol/index.html and say there

Elijah Rivera
Elijah Rivera

Oh, and i forgot your depicion that you love so much.

Attached: 1539735317525.png (158.82 KB, 890x1427)

Christian Ward
Christian Ward

I think it ditches the natural peaceful cooperation through civility and respect that everyone knows is the right way to behave as peers, for some text file that states "from now on we're good bois". This makes the whole thing lamer, like if they need their mom to remind them to not fight with other kids. That's the psychological aspect I've thought about. And of course there's the whole problem of it being used as a platform to remove people from the project by people who probably just add superfluous value. I guess some people see FOSS projects like a company they live with, they get recognized and validated, which is ok, except when the politics end up killing the actual development, and then it just dies, and people that left early saying "ha I told you it would happen" doesn't help. I would think software nerds are smarter than that.

Jordan Hall
Jordan Hall

Leave this BSD cuck alone, he's trolling. He said copyleft is restricting freedom and communism, then he shills a copyleft license (cc-by-sa), then he calls me retarded, because I pointed it out and then he says that's to fight GPL. So he wants to defeat what he calls communism using communism and that's magically fine with him. It's not 'communism', because he does it, but if we do, that's 'communism'.

Hey, you, BSD shill. I was wrong, don't use GPL, use CC0, or any other public domain license, so we can relicense your code to GPL. That's the freedom you give us. Thank you!

Blake Mitchell
Blake Mitchell

he shills a copyleft license
<Any copyleft is the same
You never understood why gpl is so shit in the first place, nigger.
BSD shill
Do you know what shilling is, /trannypol/? Go suck some cocks.
we can relicense your code to GPL
You cannot though, that's the point. When you try to copy a free project the only ones cucking out are other gnutards unfortunate enough to have brain damaged enough to follow your shitty cultist ideology.

Lucas Allen
Lucas Allen

You never understood why gpl is so shit in the first place, nigger.
<Any copyleft is the same
GPL is bad because muh compatibility? But you know every copyleft license is incompatible by design? cc-by-sa is as much incompatible as the GPL. And compatibility problems among different GPL versions are caused not because the license is bad, but because people are licensing their software do it in the wrong way - they should use GPL version N or later, instead of GPL version N only. The Linux kernel uses GPLv2 only and thanks to this, it is incompatible with any other GPL version. Or is GPL so shit, because it is "all about GNU/cultism and communism"? It's almost no different from cc-by-sa, but it's evil!
gnu.org/licenses/license-compatibility.html
<In general, two different copyleft licenses are unavoidably incompatible unless they have explicit compatibility provisions. This is not due to a mistake in the details; it's inherent in the idea of copyleft. The idea of copyleft is that “Modified and extended versions must be under the same license.”

Carter Phillips
Carter Phillips

GPL is bad because muh compatibility?
No, it's bad because it's hypocrisy. The fact that it uses copyright and controls controls developers simply makes it just another variation of IP, which sucks but is not any more special than any other. The incompatibility is also there but is also nothing special. The problem with gpl is that it's a restrictive license that pretends to be not just free but the fundamental to free software when in reality it's the opposite - it's just another soft coyright that has only gained popularity because of it's dishonesty, hypocrisy and stallman's personality cult and would be just another unfree license if it ever was even remotely honest about it.
compatibility problems among different GPL versions are caused not because the license is bad, but because people are licensing their software do it in the wrong way - they should use GPL version N or later, instead of GPL version N only
<Waah, nobody buys my bullshit and surrenders the future of software to my retarded whims, how dare they!
Kill yourself, you fucking invasive scum.
compatibility problems among different GPL versions
among different GPL versions
Were never the point, just another step in gnutard degenerate retardation.

<Follow GNU/cult! Use GNU/speak! Becaome GNU/bot! That's the meaning of the true freedom!
Just fellate a shotgun already.

Attached: npc-group-meme-e1539789319420.jpg (19.21 KB, 350x263)

Nicholas Perez
Nicholas Perez

So the GPL is hypocritical because you don't understand the issues involved. Gotcha loud and clear!

Hunter Gonzalez
Hunter Gonzalez

You've already admitted that it's unfree, it gets boring if you revert to your point 0 after tasting shit.

Attached: DpiWf9-UcAAo1Gr.jpg (105.13 KB, 600x1200)

Angel Richardson
Angel Richardson

Something isn't hypocrisy just because it's aware of the current environment it exists in and acts accordingly.

Attached: hugry.png (76.6 KB, 641x768)

Angel King
Angel King

Since this thread has degenerated into some argument about licenses, can somebody tell me: If I make some open source project and want others who modify it to make their changes open too, GPL is correct right?

Alexander Hall
Alexander Hall

Yes

Jaxson Walker
Jaxson Walker

thanks user

Brandon Scott
Brandon Scott

GPL doesn't force anyone to contribute their changes back in all cases. If they use the software internally then they're not obligated. For example, they could modify some backend web code and since it only runs on their servers, they're not obligated to do anything. Maybe they will if they don't want to deal with maintaining a fork, but that's their call.

Kayden Campbell
Kayden Campbell

Okay interesting. I'll do some more reading to make sure I fully understand and pick what suits my needs and situation best.

Thanks

Henry Garcia
Henry Garcia

FreeBSD has those with ZFS and a nVidia driver on par or close enough to Linux/Windows. It's just a hassle to run any games, you either have to use WINE or SteamLinux via the Linux Emulation Layer.

There are issues with the politics of the project, with a tranny imposing Code of Conduct being implemented for FreeBSD. Sad, because the project is actually quite interesting and technically sound, it's just ruined by politics.

Attached: mainstream.jpg (49.6 KB, 407x405)

Ayden Thomas
Ayden Thomas

Attached: 1562261313389.png (232.59 KB, 1200x781)

Colton Ortiz
Colton Ortiz

Why not just use CC0? That is the real public domain license.

Colton Martin
Colton Martin

Because public domain isn't a license.

Logan Russell
Logan Russell

Decided to switch to FreeBSD because of this thread.
How long until I completely rice bspwm?

Attached: 1562452546.png (21.38 KB, 462x247)

Robert Myers
Robert Myers

neoflex

Lucas Roberts
Lucas Roberts

too hard to install openBSD, cosest i got was a CLI os. it had no desktop.. is freeBSD easier?

Ryan Diaz
Ryan Diaz

getting a error. MIssing SHA256.SIG file.

Gabriel Lopez
Gabriel Lopez

you didn't select the x* sets in the installer? Basically just install everything, it's not even very much stuff.

Elijah Martinez
Elijah Martinez

she didn't tell the installer to start xenodm during boot (the X11 Display Manager)
try: /etc/rc.d/xenodm start as root. (and read man.openbsd.org/man8/rc.d.8)
if that doesn't work, see (you should install all file sets when installing OpenBSD)

if you are installing from a FTP/HTTP server, chances are that you tried to fetch the file sets during a mirror update.
if it's a USB/CD installation media, you should just check the .iso/.fs image before writing it.

Mason Sullivan
Mason Sullivan

ill try it the /etc comand.

looks like it was set to NO. now it's turned on after i did the -F force start

/etc/rc.d/xenodm -f start.

ill give that link a read. thanks.

Brayden Ross
Brayden Ross

iso i guess i did insgal opwnBSD. its just i dont have a desktop evironment. im not stupid. i just havn't done this before.

another adventure. at least these commands work and i can actually navigate the sytem. so something is working.

man.openbsd.org/help

Easton Perez
Easton Perez

nah openBSD is not beginner feindly. and tbh i dont fee secure knowing i've installed it. id rather get somebody whos familiar to do it. oh well. back to linux..

Sebastian Roberts
Sebastian Roberts

FreeBSD took me half of a day to set up the way I wanted. It was way simpler than I anticipated.

Gabriel Cox
Gabriel Cox

FaggotBSD
Install OpenBSD/NetBSD

Robert Roberts
Robert Roberts

Do OpenBSD/NetBSD Allow you to set up your network during install? Do they have an equivalent to bsdconfig? I didn't use bsdconfig but the install procedure for FreeBSD was easier than any OS I've used in a while, especially when it comes to just getting my wireless set up with zero effort. Linux has awful support for 802.11ac

Attached: 1562529158.png (9.88 KB, 771x111)

Ryder Murphy
Ryder Murphy

In OpenBSD you do everything via ifconfig, and it's really simple (plus the man page has various examples). In NetBSD it's basically the same thing, but I never used wireless on it, so dunno about shit like WPA. I think it uses the wpa_supplicant shit like in Linux.

Jayden Sullivan
Jayden Sullivan

Also there's sysint in NetBSD. It really just runs ifconfig for you though. That's probably the closest you'll get to the FreeBSD thing.
wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/install_using_sysinst/

Attached: foo.png (51.12 KB, 1360x748)

Isaiah Green
Isaiah Green

Yes. The installer for either sets up your network if you want,
bsdconfig
No equivalent. Only a set of individual utilities and their manuals/files on /etc

Jordan Cruz
Jordan Cruz

So there's no Nvidia support?

Elijah Rodriguez
Elijah Rodriguez

Runs surprisingly well on a netbook. First installation was straightforward.

Andrew Flores
Andrew Flores

trying. i dl the install65.iso onto a disk and booted. did install. wants me to read mail. what do i have to do to get this thing working on an amd/64 system. do i need to load another cd with the sha.256 file? am i missing something here. reading the instructions. tbh they're not the greatest.

Blake Foster
Blake Foster

maybe i imagined it differently. but people have desktops. mines just a cli lol

Gabriel Sanders
Gabriel Sanders

nvidia drivers on netbsd are from 2006.

Christian Thomas
Christian Thomas

And OpenBSD?

Bentley Lee
Bentley Lee

How about a multiboot setup where OpenBSD sits on a logical volume and can be booted in addition to other OSes (Windows/Linux etc.)? Any caveats? What bootloader does OpenBSD use and can it be installed just to the volume boot record so that another bootloader can chainload it?

Cooper Clark
Cooper Clark

actually the more i navigate. openbsd is super light and clean.

Alexander Morgan
Alexander Morgan

holy fuck user. thank you.

Wyatt Turner
Wyatt Turner

whats the point of all that autism if you are going to run botnet on the same computer

Evan Wright
Evan Wright

What is the benefit of OpenBSD being the only OS on a computer? What is the harm in other OSes being installed, if always just one of them is running at any given time?

Samuel Moore
Samuel Moore

because muh botnet
Anyways, you shouldn't use OpenBSD. It's shit.

Lincoln Hall
Lincoln Hall

no point in having any autism os there if you are going to boot windows on the same system.

Luke Ortiz
Luke Ortiz

No harm, just more complicated to setup dual-boot. I did it with NetBSD and Devuan on ARM SBC, and even made a crappy boot menu for u-boot. But it was basically a waste of time, because Firefox and Chromium only crash in Devuan, and that was my main reason to have it, so I can have newer botnet browser than Firefox 52 (the latest version available for NetBSD/earmv7hf).
Anyway one of the nice things about BSD is you can basically leave it running, don't have to reboot unless you compile new kernel or upgrade to a new release. You don't get pointless stuff like:
A reboot is required to replace the running dbus-daemon.

Attached: apt-get.png (7.89 KB, 800x600)

David Martinez
David Martinez

i agree, but only because i'm learning how to use it. my opinion will change as i gain more knowledge. for now i must suffer. it physically hurts to learn openbsd, but i know it will be worth it in the end.

Luke Cruz
Luke Cruz

Retroarch is in the repos so you can emulate nearly every good game console. Plenty of games there.
And then there are native games such as ufo:ai, cataclysm-dda, quake, doom, wesnoth, openttd. That doesn't come even close to every game there, but they are a few of the ones I played and know are good.

OpenBSD has more games than a playstation 4, an xbox one, and a switch combined, all the current dedicated gaming devices from their respective companies, if that is good for this generation of kids, then so are the many more and better games you can play on OpenBSD.

Attached: gamers-rise-up.mp4 (5.73 MB, 640x360)

Anthony Morgan
Anthony Morgan

whats with the video mang.

James Baker
James Baker

No nvidia drivers on OpenBSD. Only a really basic one that gets you an image.

Grayson Sanders
Grayson Sanders

theres 3 default interfaces with OpenBSD

lo0

pflog0

enc0

I'm not seeing any interface called em0, which is mentioned, as an example in bsd tutorial. Instead my ethernet is called re0. does are interface names just based on what hardware(wireless chip) the computer has? or r is using- ex. cable.

Michael Davis
Michael Davis

The network device names are by driver. "man 4 re" will show you which hardware that driver supports. Your stuff will be listed in "dmesg" (also /var/log/messages), and if you have more than one of the same type, they get numbered sequentially re0, re1, etc.

Xavier Wright
Xavier Wright

bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=232645
Use the third patch in that bug report for the latest drivers.

Matthew Young
Matthew Young

hey great people. what network manager do you suggest for a bare-bones openbsd?

Julian Cook
Julian Cook

see

I just use hostname.if files and dhcp. The FAQ also covers WIFI: openbsd.org/faq/faq6.html#Wireless (you might have to install wpa_supplicant)

Jonathan King
Jonathan King

muh botnet
How is other partitions with dormant OSes which are not running at the time "botnet"? What if those volumes with other OSes files are not even mounted at all while you are running the BSD OS? Sorry, but your argument sounds like nonsense.

Aiden Nelson
Aiden Nelson

don't have to reboot unless you compile new kernel or upgrade to a new release.
You should have seen Windows 98. Basically touching any system setting required a reboot to apply the settings.

Gabriel Gomez
Gabriel Gomez

its not shit. if you're a competent administrator you would be using openBSD.

Evan Morales
Evan Morales

understood.

hostname.if
resolv.conf

the wifi was installed during BSD installation.

The part that I struggle with is, connecting wifi, with out having to reboot the system. What command are you using specifically, in order to REconnect to a ESSID? it could be with yours or, for example, another wifi.

ifconfig
will display the interfaces, but won't reconnect.

If you wanted to connect to somebodies wifi. Do you need to mk new hostname.if file? and resolv.conf file?

Jaxon Miller
Jaxon Miller

pt.2
dhclient <wifi interface>

no link..............sleeping

but it will work again if I reboot. ethernet has no problem connecting. idk. i honestly have no idea. ive read the manuals for wifi adapter. idk. ill keep fucking with it.

Hudson Gonzalez
Hudson Gonzalez

Whatever you do when installing, do not trust the OpenBSD partitioning tools if you do not plan to leave your whole drive to that OS. Used those tools on an empty (thankfully, it was just testing) disk, created a primary partition from within the installer and then told it to "use (O)penBSD area" (rather than "(W)hole disk") to create its carving/labelling/whatever its sheenaningans are called within that. Guess what, despite that it created a BSD-style partition table (unreadable to most anything else) and bizarrely installed itself all over the disk. It worked as expected only after wiping the partition table, creating a DOS-style one with an external tool along with a 0xa6 type partition, and then pointing the installer to that. It more than likely still overwrote the MBR bootloader in order for itself to be able to bootstrap itself from the partition, so still need to be wary of that and be prepared to reinstall your main bootloader if aiming for a multiboot setup.

Andrew Wood
Andrew Wood

ifconfig
Hasn't it been considered obsolescent for a long time? Don't BSD systems have their port of the ip(8) suite?

Parker Morgan
Parker Morgan

wifi is botnet. anyone who cares about their privacy would not be using it.

Joseph Walker
Joseph Walker

i think i recall them saying they recommended just using one OS, rather duel OS.

Jordan Campbell
Jordan Campbell

I found wifind when I searched ports but hostname.if files should do the same thing.

I mostly use an ethernet cable, and the hostname.if files are enough for my needs. As far as I know, the OS should automatically reconnect to the WIFI networks specified in a hostname.if file. I think that ifconfig is the way to go when connecting to wifi manually: https://man.openbsd.org/ifconfig#IEEE_802.11_(WIRELESS_DEVICES)

According to cromwell-intl.com/open-source/openbsd-wireless-wpa2.html the following command-line should work

ifconfig INTERFACE_GOES_HERE nwid SSID_GOES_HERE wpa wpapsk "wpa-psk SSID_GOES_HERE PASSWORD_GOES_HERE"

If you wanted to connect to somebodies wifi. Do you need to mk new hostname.if file?
No, you can just add all WIFI networks to the file: man.openbsd.org/hostname.if
For example:

join free-botnet-wifi
join superwifi9000 wpakey pass123
join home-wifi wpakey password123
dhcp

The partitioning (I.E. adding a GPT partition with type A600 and telling the installer to use it) worked fine on my laptop. All old partitions remained untouched. Keep in mind that OpenBSD's fdisk is very different from the one on GNU/Linux.

Different OS.

No, OpenBSD fully supports multi-booting. See: openbsd.org/faq/faq4.html#Multibooting and

Austin Nguyen
Austin Nguyen

the interfaces that just show a list of available networks are so much comfier than these terminal config file things.

Jonathan Reed
Jonathan Reed

comfy
boards.4channel.org/g/

Charles Gray
Charles Gray

trying to fit in this hard
/reddit/index.html

Kayden Richardson
Kayden Richardson

interesting. I've configured these settings. I think it could be a hardware problem. I'd like to experiment with Macs and see how openBSD OS behaves with apples hardware, apple being based on unix, the two correlate.

i re-installed openBSD with ethernet, it was able to bind to essid netmask np's. its my wireless adaptor, wasn't able to bind during installation setup. thanks for the help user.

Zachary Allen
Zachary Allen

Have you tried to install the firmware with fw_update -a? While you are at it, you should also patch the OS: syspatch

Adrian Jenkins
Adrian Jenkins

got her going, finally. It's always something so simple. I did not do the firmware update,but I have now. thank you user.

Christian Wood
Christian Wood

also found a good blog for beginners, whom might pick up a few commands from.

c0ffee.net/blog/openbsd-on-a-laptop/#networking

Jonathan White
Jonathan White

IBM = new world order
Same with Google + Google X. say hello, they are reading this right now
Machine Learning Fairness (DO NOT RESEARCH)
Deep state cabal trying to take a stronghold over technology as technology == power.
'Newspeak' IRL is technology without Open Source thus they attacked FOSS communities with CoC and other tantrums and even done open source stunts to extinguish them later with the CoCk army.
Open Hardware is our next step and this is something for sure will be a success.
Bitcoin was the first rock tossed over the cabal and it crashed their plans. Thank the Nobody. Now these cabals're adopting the concept of cryptocurrency but proprietary but fail to do so and it's laughable.

Centralized IoT is New world order's wetdream and they hate OpenWRT. They want your homes wiretapped with voice recording and even cameras or routers with a bugged firmware to track what you browse.
Centralization ensures a cryptic Order.
Independent decentralized solutions are what they exactly hate, they want your device overflowing with 100+ telemetry and spying services. Chaos, unity, transparency are the keys, also chaotic attractors are beautiful.

I'll stick with Open-prefix/Public Domain/GNU/RYF/FOSS/FLOSS/FOSH/FLOSH/OSH and every incompetent and NWO CoCk drones can slowly die in human condition without our intervention. Their karma is ignorance and serving them. Reminder: Ignorance is power to the cabals.
You know something is BASED when it's being targeted.
GNU/Linux which by now might be a half-success infiltrated, they fucked up Tor devs and replaced with drones and niggers, they fucked up Pale moon browser but it is now recovering (read about:palemoon cryptic message), they arrested Assange and discredited the leaks but in the end everyone will be Awakened.

Also, Nobody will save you.

Attached: cc3c057618879.560aea2675a76.jpg (1.2 MB, 1200x1697)

Asher Adams
Asher Adams

its always phoneposters who dumb this garbage on the board

Bentley Hall
Bentley Hall

I think it's these people that had these weird websites on geocities, remember? The ones with badly compressed screenshots of newscasts that interpreted image compression as confirmation for hebrew illuminati jew lizard shapeshifters and then went on multi-page triades about the NWO and fema deathcamps and god knows what else. Seems they eventually got a smartphone as a hand-me-down from some family member (or found one on the side of the road in whatever hick-town they live in) and post here now, the writing style is exactly the same. It really is ridiculous and shits up every thread. Can we implement some captcha that filters the boomers out?

Ian Bell
Ian Bell

I think it uses the wpa_supplicant
Ya
wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_to_use_wpa_supplicant/
netbsd.org/docs/

NetBSD does stuff the most generic bsd/unix way possible. If you knew how to use BSD386 in the 1990's then you know how use NetBSD 8.x.

Attached: netbsd-jornada.jpg (173.82 KB, 640x480)

Jack Bennett
Jack Bennett

OpenBSD is more beginner-friendly than GNU/Linux. However, FreeBSD is more beginner-friendly than OpenBSD. OpenBSD becomes much more usable after learning how Unix works.

Ethan Rivera
Ethan Rivera

I installed OpenBSD on separate headless SBC so I can use more recent browser in a relatively locked-down environment, but looks like Iridium is not functional over "ssh -X". Or maybe it's not functional, period (I'm not sure which yet). But like I said, even if I did have a monitor for this board...

"lcd-controller" at simplebus0 not configured
"hdmi" at simplebus0 not configured
"hdmi-phy" at simplebus0 not configured

The "links -g" works though. But of course that wasn't the point of this SBC, I can use that comfortably already on my A20 board.

Attached: foo.png (80.32 KB, 1360x748)

William Perry
William Perry

how many bad choices is it even possible to make.. slow af sbc openbsd to make it even slower and the most bloated browser ever made

Lincoln Young
Lincoln Young

I agree now, but only because of how incredible the manuals are in openBSD. GNU/linux has no starting point-- you just get plopped into it. I had to pick up a couple of books when I learned GNu/linux...but I don't think I 'll need one for openBSD. The manuals are so in depth. It's the operating system that will save the world when everything goes down. Everything we need to know about being a competent admin is all in the kernel.

Liam Morgan
Liam Morgan

I didn't do this for speed, I don't even care about speed. Hell I'm even running X over ssh on local network. I'm doing this because firefox 45 and 52 (all that's available for NetBSD/armv7) weren't cutting it anymore for some sites I have to login to (because they're not current enough). Otherwise I'd still be using those on my A20 board (which is quite a bit slower than this A64).
Anyway it turns out that chromium works, so that achieves my objective for now. Iridium would have been a little nicer (less google tracking shits), but both are almost the same codebase and have been heavily pledge'd and unveil'd. When they fix the iridium bug, I'll switch to that.

Attached: scr.png (109.67 KB, 1366x768)

Thomas Lewis
Thomas Lewis

ssh x over local network isnt slow if you enable the compression option too. without it its probably going to lag even with a gigabit connection.

Carter Collins
Carter Collins

How the fuck do you keep your packages/ports up to date on this system? Do I literally have to be subscribed to the ports security mailing list and manually update each port?

Eli Scott
Eli Scott

I don't know about openbsd but on netbsd I use pkgsrc
pkgsrc.org/
It supports OpenBSD also.

Xavier Gutierrez
Xavier Gutierrez

That's not what the ssh man page says though.

-C Requests compression of all data (including stdin, stdout,
stderr, and data for forwarded X11, TCP and UNIX-domain
connections). The compression algorithm is the same used by
gzip(1). Compression is desirable on modem lines and other slow
connections, but will only slow down things on fast networks.
The default value can be set on a host-by-host basis in the
configuration files; see the Compression option.

Also the sshd_config man page...

Compression
Specifies whether compression is enabled after the user has
authenticated successfully. The argument must be yes, delayed (a
legacy synonym for yes) or no. The default is yes.

I didn't change anything except enable X11 forwarding, so it's still set to compress. Maybe if I turned it off, it would be faster. Guess I'll try later on just to see if there's any noticeable difference.
The fastest would be to just use X11's protocol alone, but I kinda like having those ports closed and going through ssh.

pkg_add -u

Ayden Gonzalez
Ayden Gonzalez

GPL
Even Terry Davis said "you sold your soul" when you depend on GPL

Tyler Gomez
Tyler Gomez

Update the ports tree (use either cvs or fetch a snapshot) and make update. Read openbsd.org/faq/ports/ports.html and man.openbsd.org/ports (and openbsd.org/anoncvs.html if you choose to use cvs)

#if you don't want to run cvs as root
user mod -G wsrc jcdenton
user mod -G staff jcdenton
#You should increase the resource limits in ''/etc/login.conf''
#(relogin)

cd /usr/src
#cvs -qd [email protected]:/cvs checkout -rOPENBSD_6_5 -P ports #to get the initial tree. you can find mirrors from the links
cvs -q up -P ports -d -rOPENBSD_6_5 #to update
make update

It's not recommended to install pkgsrc as systemwide on OpenBSD because it won't provide all security features of OpenBSD (such as pledge) and it will overwrite OpenBSD's package manager (make a backup). However, you can install pkgsrc in your home dir by using ./bootstrap --unprivileged

pkg_add -u
only updates binary packages

GPL vs BSD license
no one cares as long as it's free software. you are free to choose the license that you use for your own projects.

Dylan Collins
Dylan Collins

Actually, OpenBSD has a problem in that it tries to only use man pages. The developers are averse to writing something like the FreeBSD handbooks, and averse to using or rewriting the BSD PSD, SMM, and USD docs.

Kayden Sanchez
Kayden Sanchez

How the fuck do you keep your packages/ports up to date on this system?
You don't. OpenBSD is a good OS, but packages/ports are unfortunately only updated once every six months, along with the rest of the system.

Owen Sullivan
Owen Sullivan

Hey I have just a question. where is the .xsession/xinitrc files i'm supposed to edit, for running xfce4(desktop evironment(? i'm trying to set it up so i dont have to use the 'startxfce4' command everytime i reboot. thank you.

Gabriel James
Gabriel James

pt.2

simply add '/usr/local/bin/startxfce4' to your .xinitrc/.xsession

do they mean shell? basically not sure where to find config file so it always boots with xfce.

Kayden Gomez
Kayden Gomez

i probably sound like a confused bastard, sorry.

Levi Rodriguez
Levi Rodriguez

.xinitrc is read by xinit, which is how you start X from a terminal prompt (usually via startx).
.xsession is read by xdm (now xenodm in OpenBSD), which is how you start X automatically at boot without having to login to a terminal first.
See the examples in the man pages for xinit or xenodm.

Luis Collins
Luis Collins

If this is reddit, and based = upvoat, and unbased = downvoat, then what is a sage?
Or is it that based = upvoat, unbased = no voat, and sage = downvoat?
And where does this leave brownpills and scatpills? If a post is brownpilled is that like a supervoat?
Why does this site not have votes anyway?
Any,way.... OpenBaSeD is securitypilled as F. Most SOAT. greatest security of all time. Basically Theo is the 21st century jesus, here to save us from the NDA and it's treacherous rhymes. OpenBaSeD said "FUCK NVIDIA" before it was cool, and went on to be like "heartbleed? fuck you liberal bitches how about *slices openssl in half* "play with your shitty source code by yourself," "we are making our own encryption library." "sayonara, libtard bitches." It's a fact that there has never been a single line of compromised code in OpenBaSeD because Lord Raadt personally combs through every character with an australian knife. Not only is OpenBaSeD the most secure, but Mr Theo was anti-sjw and anti-antifa *before* it was cool, meaning he's also the original tech hipster, and everyone this days are ironically being anti-Theo but assuming his personae because it's literally based.

As far as Debian goes? Would you rather have a distro made for lesbians by a guy that literally killed himself, or a distro made by the original red-pilled meme machine Theo von Raadt herself?

Carson Cox
Carson Cox

Works perfectly smooth for me, are you sure you know how to use a computer, genius?

Just buy a MacBook with T2 security chip, it’s surely more of a match to your technical capabilities.

Caleb Turner
Caleb Turner

buying expensive botnet Mac
caring about GPU and tearing or anything that modern gaymes/GUI normies rant about
not buying an Allwinner T2 on indutrial-grade ARM board for well under $100

Attached: 98c127bebb1d73f05575a69537c3113a38451cfb2a41968b53bc58dfce493211.mp4 (74.24 KB, 400x400)

Nathan Turner
Nathan Turner

You CAN trust em, you just can't be a retard while using it. I made the same mistake as you, but I've learned and haven't made it again.

Bentley Murphy
Bentley Murphy

based

James Martin
James Martin

ARM
Your just trading one botnet for another.

Easton Sullivan
Easton Sullivan

what's not botnet them?

Jayden Johnson
Jayden Johnson

Ubuntu bloated? Wtf is wrong with you? It’s Debian Linux + Gnome + updated packages. If you don’t like Gnome, install something else.

Also, how the fuck do you learn vi due to openBSD? Should have known it since the beginning or used a GUI. Fucking noobs using nano.

Zachary King
Zachary King

If it has systemd, it's bloated.

Carter Evans
Carter Evans

runs like garbage. after fw_update and syspatch still runs like an absolute fucking piece of shit. smh at these shills. there is absolutely no reason you should be using a BSD instead of gnu/Linux.

Dylan Nelson
Dylan Nelson

/v/index.html

Attached: 3aba84f0c0b4f4bf5b3d191ebc3161bfad561ffcbcbab04b0e636770a0f1a7be.mp4 (3.6 MB, 576x720)

Eli Wilson
Eli Wilson

Increase system and process memory limits, add yourself to staff group, etc.

Cooper Anderson
Cooper Anderson

last word
herself???
this is some next level prediction

Nolan Turner
Nolan Turner

after fw_update
If you have to run fw_update to get things to work then your hardware is non-free botnet. Stop buying shit at walmart get a real computer.

Gabriel Fisher
Gabriel Fisher

real computer

thats getting more difficult each year.

how do I make files? I need to create a file for monitor function, power_save etc. I need to create a file called (((/etc/wsconsctl.conf))) so the computer boots commands instead of resetting.

Jayden Foster
Jayden Foster

*file is wsconsctl.conf.

its not there with default installation. need to create it.

Xavier Brown
Xavier Brown

increase system and process memory limits
which directory is that under?

Jayden Lee
Jayden Lee

You should read the website FAQ first (Keyboard and Display Controls), to see how the wscons stuff fits together. Then you just 'vi /etc/wsconsctl.conf' and put whatever settings you want in there. There's also a sample file in /etc/examples, but it's nothing you can't figure out by just reading the man pages.

He means ulimit (man ksh, search for ulimit). But if you try to increase a limit beyond what your login class is allowed, it won't work. So then you get to learn about the wonderful world of Unix login classes (man login.conf), which exist to ensure that no single user or process can be a cunt and hog the entire system. This may or may not be relevant to you on a single-user machine, but the defaults are sane enough for servers. You might try adding yourself first to the staff group and see if that fixes your problem, since it has higher limits than default.

Elijah Collins
Elijah Collins

2387 suicide in 20 minutes gg/Xq2uYaa

Juan Gonzalez
Juan Gonzalez

you are one sad mother fucker.

Brody Hughes
Brody Hughes

/usr/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc

why does not have this? installed openBSD. no '.xinitrc' file. where the fuck is it/?

Juan Murphy
Juan Murphy

I know where it is, but I think you should use locate or find. ^_^

Attached: foo.png (2.98 KB, 964x100)

Aaron Davis
Aaron Davis

user really, all im trying to do is customize my Xwindow. Everytime I reboot the computer it's back to default.

Attached: index.jpeg (4.68 KB, 219x230)

David Rivera
David Rivera

1441 NO CP ALLOWED gg/Xq2uYaa

Adam Perry
Adam Perry

You might need to make $HOME/.xsession file instead, see here: