Tox group for Zig Forums

Maybe we should have like an official group bot for this board since the other group bot got shut down permanently unfortunately i wonder if i can contact the moderator of this board and send him a recommendation for it

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426
chefkochblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/r-i-p-tox-messenger/
github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/issues/1379)
archive.is/7Vvm3)
github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426)
google-melange.com/archive/gsoc/2014/orgs/tox)
lwn.net/Articles/651003/
jami.net
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

congrats of failing to make a thread again.

I try muh best

Well if nobody's going to do it I'll do it for them and i shall advertise it to muh friends

No one in the older thread appears to be online.
Is this how I do this?
E062CD7EA2166C11F6D55AFCCF395E8A70_A63C92B5DA4FE15411B542465D7F17AEBE7826660F

Don't use Tox. It's insecure trash that leaks your IP with a protocol that was written by /g/ LARPers.

github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426

chefkochblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/05/r-i-p-tox-messenger/
>One of the leader members (now ex) stole 3000 dollars donated money from the Tox Foundation™ in order to pay for his college tuition. (github.com/irungentoo/toxcore/issues/1379)
>The Tox Logo was stolen. (archive.is/7Vvm3)
>Some developers seems to not understand their own source code, as proven here. (github.com/TokTok/c-toxcore/issues/426)
>The Tox Messenger has an IP leakage problem. (google-melange.com/archive/gsoc/2014/orgs/tox)

lwn.net/Articles/651003/

then what should one use? it seems there is issues with everything. is there really nothing that is 100%?

Because tox is love tox is life

I have all the tox Merchandise and i pray to the developers every day

Tox isn't even 10%

well why dont you just tell us what you are using then

Discord of course :^)

Whatsapp of course. Only way to stay in touch with ny normie friends.

It'd be better to run a Jami/Ring group. It's literally Tox just complete and doesn't have autistic devs.

They fixed this afaik.
Non-issue since you need to compromise a user's system to abuse this.

jami.net

t. doesn't know what KCI is
Protip: It is explained in the Github issue. Try reading it, you might learn something.

I know what it is and read the issue. How would you perform this type of attack without compromising the user's system?

>The Tox Messenger has an IP leakage problem. (google-melange.com/archive/gsoc/2014/orgs/tox)
I don't use Tox, but why the fuck are there still retards saying this? Tox is p2p, there is no ip leakable, you are communicating directly to the other peers, there is no server to hide behind (or depend on), of course your IP is visible. That said, I believe you are able to use Tox with Tor, not sure if all clients can do this though.

You wouldn't. KCI requires knowing the users private key. Which if you have any notion of cryptography is a Bad Thing™. The shitshow on github was because the dev of ToxCore didn't understand that KCI is a problem and admitted to not knowing the codebase (he took it over after last person stopped). Tox seems to be fine but you have to be aware the person developing it doesn't understand the thing he's workiny on. Which when it comes to Crypto is Not Good®

IP leak doesn't mean revealing your IP. It means revealing your true IP while you're behind VPN/Tor. I haven't seen any proof that Tox clients leak IP and the fact that there's an official guide on how to use Tox over Tor which makes no mention of IP leaks has me believe that Tox is just fine.

so it requiers tor to be secure?

i just want something that works as it is and is secure and does not want my phonenumber or anything. why is that so hard? is there nothing like that?

Tox/Ring for something decentralized. If you need centralization then maybe keybase?

t. actual retard

Because Tox still leaks your IP.
So? I'm not giving my IP to some random nigger on the internet.

nsa wat
did you even look at the tox community?
not bashing the protocol, just asking...

weather its p2p or not your ip is still leak-able hell the owner of this image board can see all of our addresses just because some thing is centralized dose not mean its safe either

i hope you like your meta data being leaked out to some third party vendor faggot

is there no app that everyone would agree was safe to use? really?

you bet your ass there isn't

your not even safe with keybase

No.

So use Tor, retard.

Read the thread.

Yeah no body reads my thread Because I as not Fortunate enough to get a proper education And particularly When it came to proper grammar or wording things so every time I post something I sound like a retired so nobody reads when I have to say In fact I am constantly insulted for it so that's why I go to anonymous image boards to spew my shit So I am not pursued or constantly harassed or even after worry about being given death threats because I don't have proper grammar

keep it up. youre doing great.

HAPAS ARE SUPERIOR TO WHITES