All computers since 2003 can read your keystrokes, screen, files

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

Full remote backdoor available in all Intel and AMD computers since 2003
All your keystrokes, screens, files can be remotely read or modified on demand at any time by MOSSAD, even if your PC is turned off. That includes your encryption password.
Pre-PSP and pre-ME cpu's are not safe. ASF and DASH are previous versions of PSP/ME botnet. ASF --> DASH --> ME/PSP

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alert_Standard_Format
Alert Standard Format (ASF) (also sometimes referred to as Alert Standard Forum, Alerting Specifications Forum, Alert Specification Function, etc.) is a DMTF standard for remote monitoring, management and control of computer systems in both OS-present and OS-absent environments.

dmtf.org/standards/dash
DASH provides support for the redirection of KVM (Keyboard, Video and Mouse) and text consoles, as well as USB and media, and supports the management of software updates, BIOS (Basic Input Output System), batteries, NIC (Network Interface Card), MAC and IP addresses, as well as DNS and DHCP configuration. DASH specifications also address operating system status, opaque data management, and more.
they can access your keyboard, video, mouse over the internet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_and_mobile_Architecture_for_System_Hardware
Desktop and mobile Architecture for System Hardware (DASH) is a Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) standard.
Intel Active Management Technology is a compliant implementation of DASH.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology
Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) is hardware and firmware technology for remote out-of-band management of personal computers,[1][2][3][4][5] running on the Intel Management Engine, a separate microprocessor not exposed to the user, in order to monitor, maintain, update, upgrade, and repair them.
Intel confirmed a Remote Elevation of Privilege bug (CVE-2017-5689, SA-00075) in its Management Technology on May 1, 2017.[12] Every Intel platform with either Intel Standard Manageability, Active Management Technology, or Small Business Technology, from Nehalem in 2008 to Kaby Lake in 2017 has a remotely exploitable security hole in the ME. [13][14] Some manufacturers, like Purism[15] and System76[16] are already selling hardware with Intel Management Engine disabled to prevent the remote exploit. Additional major security flaws in the ME affecting a very large number of computers incorporating Management Engine, Trusted Execution Engine, and Server Platform Services firmware, from Skylake in 2015 to Coffee Lake in 2017, were confirmed by Intel on November 20, 2017 (SA-00086).

archivecaslytosk.onion/GN3h4
amd.com/en/technologies/security-manageability
AMD PRO A-Series platforms utilizing DASH manageability enable manageability features you need and want. These affordable, easy-to-use management tools and features enable remote management of client systems, whether they are powered on (in-band) with a responsive operating system (in-service), or when the clients are powered off (out-of-band) or have a non-responsive operating system (out-of-service). Our powerful management tools also offer remote diagnostics and troubleshooting, asset management, automated system startup and shut down.

archivecaslytosk.onion/XNmxw
developer.amd.com/tools-for-dmtf-dash/
Client systems that support out-of-band management help IT administrators perform tasks independent of the power state of the machine or the state of the operating system. Examples of out-of-band management tasks include: 1) Securely starting up a system remotely, even if it is currently powered off; 2) Viewing asset inventory information for a system that is powered off; 3) Retrieving health information about system components even if the OS is unavailable.

(body too long)

Other urls found in this thread:

archivecaslytosk.onion/N6GmV
xml.coverpages.org/ni2007-03-23-a.html
archivecaslytosk.onion/tnVWG
computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9014180
archivecaslytosk.onion/5xcum
networkcomputing.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=198500136
archivecaslytosk.onion/yVdyO
tomshardware.com/reviews/vpro-amt-management-kvm,3003-13.html
web.archive.org/web/2/https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/vpro-amt-management-kvm,3003-13.html
ssi.gouv.fr/uploads/IMG/pdf/csw-trustnetworkcard.pdf
archivecaslytosk.onion/K7a8t
tenable.com/plugins/nessus/45555
archivecaslytosk.onion/BquXS
dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP2014_1.1.0.pdf
archivecaslytosk.onion/Uu8eI
h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01944865
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_700_chipset_series
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_800_chipset_series
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
archivecaslytosk.onion/8uWfI
support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO47637.html
archivecaslytosk.onion/MTAYA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Mode
anonfile.com/QfE7Rbs9n5/SecureComms1063871.html_pdf
archive.ph/fT0mB
anonfile.com/x9V6R3s6ne/All_computers_since_2003_can_read_your_keystrokes_screen_files_1064555.html_pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIA_C7
github.com/christinaa/rpi-open-firmware
zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-04/google-parses-your-gmail-financial-transactions
meguca.org/nya/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_RISC_System/6000#Service_processor
ps-2.kev009.com/rs6000/redbook-cd/sg245144.pdf
lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php#inversion-all.png
github.com/fulldecent/system-bus-radio

Andrew Scott
Andrew Scott

archivecaslytosk.onion/N6GmV
xml.coverpages.org/ni2007-03-23-a.html
Since the DMTF's Desktop and Mobile Working Group (DMWG) was announced, the group has attracted more than 180 members from over different companies, demonstrating a strong commitment by vendors and users across the industry to collaborate on this effort. Statements of support for the new DASH Initiative have been provided by (((AMD))), (((Avocent))), (((Broadcom))), (((Dell))), (((HP))), (((IBM))), (((Intel))), (((Microsoft))), (((Novell))), (((NVIDIA))), (((Symantec))), and (((WBEM Solutions))).
Extra emphasis has been placed in the development of DASH to enable lightweight implementations which are architecturally consistent. This has been done to enable a full spectrum of implementations without sacrificing the richness of the CIM heritage. This includes software-only solutions and small footprint firmware solutions. Emphasis has been placed on ensuring that these implementations will be interoperable, independent of implementation, CPU architecture, chipset solutions, vendor or operating environment.
Through the DASH Initiative, the DMTF will provide the next generation of standards for secure out-of-band and remote management of desktop and mobile systems.

Intel
"As a leader in industry standards for PC manageability for over two decades and as a founding member of the DMTF, Intel supports DASH as another advancement for IT as we move into the WS-Management era," said Gregory Bryant, vice president and general manager of Intel's Digital Office Platform Division. "Intel vPro technology was originally designed to support a seamless transition to this new standard, and our 2007 product roadmap enables one of the industry's first DASH and WS-Management supported enterprise PCs through our next-generation Intel vPro technology."
Microsoft
"We have been a strong advocate of standards, such as WS-Management, as part of our Dynamic Systems Initiative (DSI) and have accelerated the adoption of these technologies in Windows Vista and our System Center family of management solutions."
AMD
"As a founding member of the DASH working group and key contributor to the specification, AMD is pleased to see the broad adoption of DASH in the industry," said Terri Hall, vice president, Software Alliances and Solutions, AMD.

About Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF)
With more than 3,500 active participants representing 39 countries and nearly 200 organizations, the Distributed Management Task Force, Inc. (DMTF) is the industry organization leading the development, adoption and promotion of interoperable management initiatives and standards.
DMTF was founded in 1992. Board member companies included [2007-03] Cisco Systems; Dell Computer Corp.; EMC; HP; Hitachi, Ltd; IBM; Intel; Microsoft; Novell; Oracle; Sun Microsystems; Symantec; and WBEM Solutions.
The DMTF works closely with its Alliance Partners, including (...) Federation Against Software Theft (FAST)

archivecaslytosk.onion/tnVWG
computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9014180
DASH will use another better-known DMTF specification, Web Services for Management (WS-Management), to enable management software to pull status information from PC hardware components and peripherals stored in flash memory, Bumpus said. That would allow machines that are "out-of-band," or not running normally, to be diagnosed and even fixed remotely. Most existing management software and monitoring technology rely on software agents running on the machines to send back status information, said Lars Ewe, a division marketing manager at AMD Inc., which is a supporter of DASH. But software agents don't work if the machine's operating system can't boot because the latter is hung, corrupted by a virus, or not yet deployed. "If you have a savvy administrator, DASH will let him diagnose whether an operating system is fried and let him remote boot it with a gold standard image of the OS," Ewe said. Or "if the hard drive is dead, you can see that. Or you can wake up a PC and read the POST BIOS test data, as long as the power isn't totally switched off." [...] Bumpus predicted that PCs with DASH capabilities will start shipping within the next six to 12 months. He declined to predict how long it would take for DASH to become mainstream, but noted that DASH's predecessor, Alert Standard Format (ASF), was introduced in mid-2003 and is now used in "tens of millions" of PCs, mostly within businesses.

(body too long)

Hunter Taylor
Hunter Taylor

archivecaslytosk.onion/5xcum
networkcomputing.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=198500136
DMTF says Web services-based specifications will facilitate mobile and desktop management and cut administration costs... It isn't often that competitors like Intel and AMD, Microsoft and Symantec or Dell, HP and IBM can all agree on something. When they do, it either represents the future of the PC industry or is so meaningless that it can be largely ignored in practice.

archivecaslytosk.onion/yVdyO
tomshardware.com/reviews/vpro-amt-management-kvm,3003-13.html
An error (403 Forbidden) has occurred in response to this request.
web.archive.org/web/2/https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/vpro-amt-management-kvm,3003-13.html
This URL has been excluded from the Wayback Machine.
What are they hiding from us? Did this article leak too much information to us, goys?

Can you still trust your network card?
ssi.gouv.fr/uploads/IMG/pdf/csw-trustnetworkcard.pdf
Alert Standard Format exploits

Alert Standard Format / Remote Management and Control Protocol Detection
archivecaslytosk.onion/K7a8t
tenable.com/plugins/nessus/45555
Disable this service if you do not use it, or filter incoming traffic to this port.

archivecaslytosk.onion/BquXS
dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP2014_1.1.0.pdf
PCs that have Wake On LAN configured will awake on receipt of the Magic Packet. DASH provides a similar capability through the Out Of Band DASH Service.
10.4 PC needs to be woken up remotely on a wireless network
Wake On LAN is not commonly implemented on wireless NICs because of the power requirements of keeping the radio on, but some systems can be configured to periodically wake up and listen for traffic on the wireless connections. While the wireless NIC is powered, the DASH Service can act as described in use case 10.3.
can remotely start your PC even if you use wireless NIC

archivecaslytosk.onion/Uu8eI
h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01944865
Key Features
Service availability without the requirement of an installed operating system
so it doesn't matter if you install GNU/Linux, because DASH botnet works independent of OS, it doesn't even require any OS

(body too long)

Michael Jones
Michael Jones

Several members were launched in the end of 2007 and the first half of 2008, others launched throughout the rest of 2008.
SB700
DASH 1.0 support
even old AMD chipsets had this botnet. even 10+ year old laptops contain DASH or it's predecessor, ASF.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_800_chipset_series
Two embedded 8051 controllers, and one dedicated for DASH compliance
special chip in your old motherboard dedicated for DASH botnet

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
Intel motherboards. It is a part of Intel Active Management Technology, which allows system administrators to perform tasks on the machine remotely[5]. System administrators can use it to turn the computer on and off, and they can login remotely into the computer regardless of whether or not an operating system is installed.[6]
The Intel Management Engine always runs as long as the motherboard is receiving power, even when the computer is turned off.
The IME is an attractive target for hackers, since it has top level access to all devices and completely bypasses the operating system. Intel has not released much information on the Intel Management Engine, prompting speculation that it may include a backdoor. The Electronic Frontier Foundation has voiced concern about IME.
Starting with ME 11, it is based on the Intel Quark x86-based 32-bit CPU and runs the MINIX 3 operating system.
Starting with ME 7.1, the ARC processor could also execute signed Java applets.
The ME has its own MAC and IP address for the out-of-band interface, with direct access to the Ethernet controller; one portion of the Ethernet traffic is diverted to the ME even before reaching the host's operating system, for what support exists in various Ethernet controllers, exported and made configurable via Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP).[16][17] The ME also communicates with the host via PCI interface.[15] Under Linux, communication between the host and the ME is done via /dev/mei.[18]

In August 2017, Russian company Positive Technologies (Dmitry Sklyarov) published a method to disable the ME via an undocumented built-in mode. As Intel has confirmed[44] the ME contains a switch to enable government authorities such as the NSA to make the ME go into High-Assurance Platform (HAP) mode after boot. This mode disables most of ME's functions.[45][46] It is authorized for use by government authorities only and is supposed to be available only in machines produced for them.
Dell, in December 2017,[54] began showing certain laptops on its website that offered the "Systems Management" option "Intel vPro - ME Inoperable, Custom Order" for an additional fee. Dell has not announced or publicly explained the methods used. In response to press requests, Dell stated that those systems had been offered for quite a while, but not for the general public, and had found their way to the website only inadvertently.[55] The laptops are available only by custom order and only to military, government and intelligence agencies.[56] They are specifically designed for covert operations, such as providing a very robust case and a "stealth" operating mode kill switch that disables display, LED lights, speaker, fan and any wireless technology.[57]
(((they))) can disable ME for themselves. it has to be enabled only for goys.

archivecaslytosk.onion/8uWfI
support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO47637.html
Comparison of Intel AMT, ASF, and DASH
ASF = DASH = AMT = PSP
same botnet, it started decades ago with ASF. 15 year old laptops contain ASF. They kept improving it and adding more features.

We need to discuss, investigate, decide which is last desktop and mobile system that we can safely use. It turns out pre-PSP AMD like AMD FX are not safe.

Spread information about this botnet everywhere.

Jose Harris
Jose Harris

Thank you for the information user. I also like to point out that ASF was created in 2001, or at least in terms of public knowledge. These may have been implemented in secret beforehand, but became known due to the security state created post-9/11. I do not know what non-x86 systems are safe, but it is apparent that ARM and SPARC have something fishy. In ARM processors like the Raspi, there is something called a VideoCore. This has acess to RAM, and the ability to boot from cold at all times. SPARC, would imagine, might have something considering how close Sun was to the US government in the 90s, but I haven't found much on this yet. Keep up the good work, user.

Kevin Bell
Kevin Bell

What are they hiding from us? Did this article leak too much information to us, goys?
Loads fine for me.

DASH needs motherboard-level support and as far as I can tell, that is pretty rare outside of business class shit because the vendors can demand extra bucks for it. Mine certainly doesn't support it. Can't find much about ASF but I'd expect something similar.

Attached: vpro-amt-fullpage.png (659.56 KB, 1059x7989)

Angel Harris
Angel Harris

I do not know what non-x86 systems are safe, but it is apparent that ARM and SPARC have something fishy.
(((Modern))) ARM is a botnet

Maybe we should be using x86, but very old ones?
(((performance))) is a meme. people were using computers 20 years ago for same tasks that we do today (email, web browsing, office work, watching videos and music, games). the only reason we can't today is because of shit operating systems and shit software, bloat.
if we remove bloat and start making and using quality OS and software, we could comfortably use very old x86 (or non x86) CPU's

William Miller
William Miller

also, never use direct ethernet cable internet connection with DHCP. this type of connection is easiest to use by hardware backdoors

Jordan Allen
Jordan Allen

DASH needs motherboard-level support and as far as I can tell, that is pretty rare outside of business class shit because the vendors can demand extra bucks for it.
do you have proofs, sources? all publicly accessible sources tell that ASF or DASH is present in all post 2003-2004 computers (mobile and desktop), even the cheapest consumer shit laptops

for example
SB700
DASH 1.0 support
it is built into chipset

maybe they want you to pay for DASH if you want to use it in your business, but doesn't mean DASH can't be used by (((them))) on your PC, that has DASH built into hardware

Kayden Brown
Kayden Brown

I think part of the problem with the suggestion for old hardware is that some people straight up need to use modern hardware because of school or work. I don't want to give too much away, but every semester, I sadly have 2 or so classes that require a bloated javascript website.I try to have a very secure enviroment for when I need to do these assignments, but otherwise I try use software that is respecting.
I do agree that software is bloated, and the creation of more efficient software is necessary, but this is sadly not a possibility for many.

Brandon Cruz
Brandon Cruz

If my hard drive is encrypted using TrueCrypt pre-boot authentication, would I be able to fill in the password using Intels vPro?

someone wanting to do such thing

but how old can we go? a lot of software requires SSE2 instructions

I think part of the problem with the suggestion for old hardware is that some people straight up need to use modern hardware because of school or work.
can consider quitting school and work
can consider having separate PC for personal use and for public use (school, work, etc)
can consider running (((modern))) OS in a virtual machine just to do what's necessary for school and work

I don't want to give too much away, but every semester, I sadly have 2 or so classes that require a bloated javascript website.I try to have a very secure enviroment for when I need to do these assignments, but otherwise I try use software that is respecting.
I think if you need to access such website you can still use very old PC. Where is the problem?

I do agree that software is bloated, and the creation of more efficient software is necessary, but this is sadly not a possibility for many.
I don't believe that

Cameron Flores
Cameron Flores

I literally posted one in the post you quoted. You can also check MB vendors.
It's true that this is no guarantee it isn't still in there, but at that point you'd be better off by dropping x86 altogether.

Luke Morales
Luke Morales

if thats true then why cant i use that on any machine? some should support it but theres no way to configure it or use it

Austin Cruz
Austin Cruz

Oh, I do have a seperate PC for these things running a modern operating system. Sorry, I was likely complaining for nothing. The PC in use has coreboot, and again I try to mitigate modern computing pitfalls as much as possible on it.

As for >I think if you need to access such website you can still use very old PC. Where is the problem?
I tried acessing said website with a PIII and it kernel panic'd OpenBSD, and would lock up GNU/Linux for a very long time.

I don't believe that
I'm generally cynical, and I do not believe that the modern nicities people have could just be traded away for privacy. This is something I hold to be true. It is admirable and something to be worked towards to create and use non-controlled software and hardware as you suggested.

Colton Hall
Colton Hall

I literally posted one in the post you quoted. You can also check MB vendors.
you did not post any mobo/chipset/laptop model

if thats true then why cant i use that on any machine? some should support it but theres no way to configure it or use it
goyim, because it was not made to be used by you, the real purpose of this is so it can be used by (((them))) to access and control every PC in the world

Landon Bell
Landon Bell

I tried acessing said website with a PIII and it kernel panic'd OpenBSD, and would lock up GNU/Linux for a very long time.
sounds like a problem with software/OS/drivers or too small amount of RAM. GNU/Linux is shit at managing swap so you have to buy a lot of RAM

Isaiah Bailey
Isaiah Bailey

ASF was not the first iteration of this botnet

archivecaslytosk.onion/MTAYA
Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI)
The specification is led by Intel and was first published on September 16, 1998. It is supported by more than 200 computer system vendors, such as Cisco, Dell, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Intel, NEC Corporation, SuperMicro and Tyan.
As a message-based, hardware-level interface specification, IPMI operates independently of the operating system (OS) to allow administrators to manage a system remotely in the absence of an operating system or of the system management software.

but not sure if this was embedded into every motherboard like ASF, DMTF, ME/PSP

Jonathan Ortiz
Jonathan Ortiz

Take your meds and stop shitting up this board with conspiracy shit.

Ayden Adams
Ayden Adams

The python tool me_cleaner.py can remove most of ME and set the HAP bit to make it unoperable. Even works on non-coreboot/libreboot boards as all it needs is the BIOS update and modifies it to remove ME. AMD users and post skylake intel users are screwed though.

Blake Edwards
Blake Edwards

omg, give me a fucking break.
IPMI is meant for servers and is used everywhere to remotely manage them. or do you want to head down to the datacenter and plug into a serial console?

Blake Torres
Blake Torres

Yes because that means the five year old script kiddy has to do the same to access it. But unlike you the five year old script kiddy would be barred entrace to the data center. Its inherenly better to install software that works sanely and is stable/secure to begin with so that you never have issues as to walk down with a serial terminal.
I just imagined someone walking up to a warehouse building carrying an ancient z80 board with a vt100 and appropriate cables to do exactly that. It is indeed possible.

Jack Green
Jack Green

If you're this paranoid simply don't connect your computer to the internet. Use a third party computer or phone exclusively for online only things you cannot do any other way and other wise avoid all internet usage.

Only an idiot wouldn't assume anything you do online isn't recorded.

Justin Hill
Justin Hill

The python tool me_cleaner.py can remove most of ME and set the HAP bit to make it unoperable. Even works on non-coreboot/libreboot boards as all it needs is the BIOS update and modifies it to remove ME. AMD users and post skylake intel users are screwed though.
do you have proof me_cleaner.py and HAP bit fully removes it? do you have proof there are no other backdoors in Intel CPU and chipsets?

AMD users are screwed
but which AMD users?
We need to define what is last safe AMD and Intel

Jace Turner
Jace Turner

We need to define what is last safe AMD and Intel
Pentium 3, don't know for AMD
But those are slow as fuck, dude.

Cameron Roberts
Cameron Roberts

Pentium 3
safe

Chase Gutierrez
Chase Gutierrez

this is all a meme anyway. for example if you use a wifi dongle, to send or receive any packets you have to know the key which the ME won't know because to know the key it would have to parse the kernel's memory and to do that it would need to have its software updated every time the kernel changes or it would quickly become incompatible. if you use a simple ethernet DHCP connection then maybe but then again I wonder how many ethernet cards would allow a secondary kernel to read or send packets through it without knowledge of the driver's structures in memory, and whether that would cause a kernel panic or at least crashing the network card driver on the primary kernel. I wager not many. the Intel ME and the PSP are designed to either work when the main system is offline or work in cooperation with the primary OS, to actually use the networking hardware without coordination with the primary kernel or having regular updates is very non-trivial. plus ignoring the knowledge about the keys and coordination with the main kernel, most OSes either don't have drivers for most wifi dongles or require downloading them every time a new one is connected. Linux is the only one that more or less works out of the box for most of them. Minix belongs to the first one, it doesn't even have drivers for most wifi dongles, and probably even for most ethernet cards. so your main worry is using the default ethernet port on the motherboard with a simple DHCP connection with no form of authentication or encryption (because it could be pre-emptively arranged to work with the ME software stack). even non DHCP connections could probably be sniffed for IP settings. anything more complex than that and you just likely broke the NSA's wiretap. also it's probably not a problem for 99% of us mortals, because the NSA wouldn't want to potentially waste their backdoors (by packet inspection on the part of the victim or ISPs and some form of patch coming out of it) with low priority targets and risk leaks confirming their methods to the public that for now are just speculation.
IMO people should be more worried about thing such as the possibility of blocking connections to "legacy" IPs (as I'm pretty sure they'll call it) for low level consumers and just allowing connections to Faceberg and Joogle (and browsing kosher pages through a transparent proxy included by default on chrome by the later) and setting up networks based on ham radio and physical media transfers. also useful after the zombie apocalypse. cell towers will unfortunately be useless without internet fiber optic links as the call routing happens in the cloud
homework for anyone reading: compile a list of "dumb pipe" geostationary VHF and UHF sats that could be (legally or otherwise) used by rebels in a difficult situation

Leo Turner
Leo Turner

This. I have a dedicated Internet shitposting machine that stores nothing of value in persistent memory. I have an airgapped machine that stores my super secret tomes of immortality.

Charles Long
Charles Long

don't have drivers for most wifi dongles or require downloading them every time a new one is connected. Linux is the only one that more or less works out of the box for most of them.
I don't know about WLan USB dongles but I have yet to see a WLan chip Windows doesn't immediately recognize.
it's probably not a problem for 99% of us mortals
probably
It is a problem for exactly those 99.99% of us mortals.

Attached: 9267dc178270705d8111d95b15dd187a4ad49725904d6c2726c7649e6a3745de.png (20.25 KB, 540x300)

Jace Lee
Jace Lee

you did not post any mobo/chipset/laptop model
Because the source clearly says that there isn't any (for consumers), you moron. How about you show us a consumer board that does support it, since it's you who's claiming that all AMD shit is fucked? So far, your interpretation looks like typical /pol/ schizo conspiracy. And that is completely fine, but keep that shit on /pol/.

Angel Jenkins
Angel Jenkins

You're the only one who mentioned /pol/, user. This is a discussion about safe computing platforms. It is apparent you are trying to create an aggresive accusation and discussion for no reason, than to perhaps derail the thread. Someone could be a libertarian or socialist and be skeptical of modern survaillance states.

William Gomez
William Gomez

typical /pol/ schizo conspiracy.
Oh look, it's /trannypol/index.html
Go back to sucking your BOs dick and being a corporate whore!

Attached: absolutely-disgraceful..webm (501.52 KB, 640x360)

William Taylor
William Taylor

I don't know about WLan USB dongles but I have yet to see a WLan chip Windows doesn't immediately recognize.
I've worked with lots of USB wifi dongles over the last 10 years from different models and brands, Windows never recognized ANY of them. I had to manually install third-party drivers for all of them. I don't doubt there exist some that have built-in drivers in Windows, but probably not many.

Of course native support for built-in notebook wifi chipsets is another story.

Samuel Ward
Samuel Ward

goyim
(((them)))
"but what if he's just a random libertarian not connected with /pol/"
I'm not an idiot, user.
I'd welcome civil discussion, but that's hardly possible with someone who sees jews behind every user that doubts his claims. See - a typical /pol/nigger retorting with nothing but namecalling instead of providing some sort of proof that consumer boards can be exploited.

Brayden Clark
Brayden Clark

last safe x86
While initially special SL versions were required for SMM, Intel incorporated SMM in its mainline 486 and Pentium processors in 1993. AMD implemented Intel's SMM with the Am386 processors in 1991.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Mode

Jacob Russell
Jacob Russell

Pentium 3, don't know for AMD
But those are slow as fuck, dude.
slow is not a problem, but lack of SSE2 instructions is a big problem

this is all a meme anyway. for example if you use a wifi dongle, to send or receive any packets you have to know the key
many people on desktop use ethernet connection
99.9% of laptop users use bundled wifi card, for which ME has drivers and everything

the Intel ME and the PSP are designed to either work when the main system is offline or work in cooperation with the primary OS, to actually use the networking hardware without coordination with the primary kernel or having regular updates is very non-trivial
(((Intel))) ME and PSP work both without operating system and with operating system. If you want your PC to work you also need some drivers in your operating system. drivers and operating systems can cooperate with ME and PSP and give them internet connection. ME and PSP could also store last network setup (if you use manual IP for ethernet) and try it even when PC is turned off

most OSes either don't have drivers for most wifi dongles or require downloading them every time a new one is connected
maybe such wifi dongles are a protection against ME and PSP, maybe not
but majority of people use wifi card shipped with their laptop or they use ethernet connection in case of desktop. those cards can be fully exploited by the ME and PSP

even non DHCP connections could probably be sniffed for IP settings. anything more complex than that and you just likely broke the NSA's wiretap.
possible, but not proven
and do not forget that ME and PSP is not only about internet connection behind your back. those botnets can do anything, they could steal your encryption passwords and store them in special memory, they could modify your files, add backdoors to binary software on your PC, or even edit your source code in case you are software developer

also it's probably not a problem for 99% of us mortals, because the NSA wouldn't want to potentially waste their backdoors (by packet inspection on the part of the victim or ISPs and some form of patch coming out of it) with low priority targets and risk leaks confirming their methods to the public that for now are just speculation.
false. NSA is not focused on "terrorists", they record everyone and everything they can
also, why don't you care about activists and whistleblowers?

This. I have a dedicated Internet shitposting machine that stores nothing of value in persistent memory. I have an airgapped machine that stores my super secret tomes of immortality.
this is interesting concept and worth trying, but I see many problems with it. PC without internet is useless, how would you update your OS, install new software, download things? if you will physically move data between two computers (internet machine and airgapped one) you might transfer malware

Because the source clearly says that there isn't any (for consumers), you moron. How about you show us a consumer board that does support it, since it's you who's claiming that all AMD shit is fucked?
you did not understand this thread and the article you talk about
DASH botnet is physically implanted and present on every chipset from last 15 years
what the article says is, you (consumer) cannot use it to manage your PC. it is not available to you
because in reality, DASH was not developed for remote management for companies or consumers. it was developed as backdoor for CIA and MOSSAD. but they needed some official explanation in case someone found those chips, so they pretend DASH is so "we" can remotely manage "our" computers

I've worked with lots of USB wifi dongles over the last 10 years from different models and brands, Windows never recognized ANY of them. I had to manually install third-party drivers for all of them.
when you install drivers for it, what stops windows from cooperating with ME/PSP to allow them to send/receive anything they want?
maybe ME/PSP won't be able to use the chip with PC turned off, but when windows is started, it can cooperate. linux too, with the use of systemd botnet

Of course native support for built-in notebook wifi chipsets is another story.
and most normies got brainwashed into smartphones and notebooks, which have all of their components integrated or chosen in factory

why GNU isn't developing their own CPU and chipsets? open hardware

Dominic Hall
Dominic Hall

If you have another Internet connection active at the moment it'll auto-download the drivers from MS servers.
It is a problem for exactly those 99.99% of us mortals.
Yet you didnd't address the technical arguments I presented.

yeah, don't do that. at least set up a router with some kind of encryption scheme between the computer and the internet
99.9% of laptop users use bundled wifi card, for which ME has drivers and everything
again, it cannot use a wifi connection even if it has the drivers for it because it encrypts everything with a key that only the OS and the AP know about, and you need to know this key to send any packets. unless it's an open network.
(((Intel))) ME and PSP work both without operating system and with operating system.
it's actually easier for it to work without OS or when the PC is off. trying to use a piece of hardware while another operating system is using it is hard if possible at all, it's not just a matter of including the right driver because you have to be aware of the other OS actions and coordinate your activity with it. we'd have to study the datasheets to know for sure whether it is doable for any given chip.
drivers and operating systems can cooperate with ME and PSP and give them internet connection.
show me the lines in the Linux kernel where it cooperates with the ME or the PSP
false. NSA is not focused on "terrorists", they record everyone and everything they can
not with active attacks, and especially not with the ME/PSP stuff. again, NO public accounts of unauthorized packets coming from the ME/PSP have ever been published on the Internet. finding out for yourself whether it is communicating is easy to do, just set up a linux pc as a router in between an idling computer and the net and run wireshark on it.
also, why don't you care about activists and whistleblowers?
implying they don't have multiple 0-days on any popular piece of software
if you are a high value target you should assume all silicon and software is compromised.
they shouldn't be using the internet at all. just an offline laptop that should be used while covered in tinfoil or some other metallic container that's connected to ground to prevent TEMPEST attacks (or in the middle of nowhere to ensure no fed presence although that won't protect you against active implants beaming to satellites) and use optical media for external data storage, kept in a safe while not in use to prevent physical attacks.
if you MUST send the info through the internet then get a second laptop that can't be traced back to you, find an open wifi network with no cameras, boot up a live distro, and use the aforementioned cd-roms to load the info and send it through the internet. problem is when they trace it back and see that laptop connecting from another AP they're gonna send the police right away. spoofing MAC might help but there could be other ways to fingerprint it. Tor might or might not help, because it sticks out like a sore thumb and might be compromised anyways through a myriad of ways.
if you're a whistleblower I'd say it's not worth it unless you have a video of Hillary killing a baby or something, because chances they'll find you are high. it might be safer to do in person meetings than use the internet, although the russian spies a couple years back were caught anyways. still might be a better option if you manage to avoid physical surveillance (like by meeting in remote places, but in that case watch out for tracking devices in your car). also here's a trick these people could use: to hide large-ish amounts of data in plain sight, (all this from a live cd) create a file in your windows partition with random data. then overwrite it with your encrypted data. then delete the file. your encrypted data will still remain on the platter. if anybody questions why you have large amounts of random data on your disk, say all you did was run
dd if=/dev/urandom of=myfile.bin && rm myfile.bin
to wipe the partition's free space to delete remnants of old files for privacy reasons. obviously your encrypted data has to be headerless, this can be done with plain dm-crypt. or just hide flash drives in remote or hard to access places
if you're an activist then for the most part you don't need to send sensitive data through the internet anyways so keep it off internet connected systems

Isaiah Roberts
Isaiah Roberts

this is interesting concept and worth trying, but I see many problems with it. PC without internet is useless, how would you update your OS, install new software, download things? if you will physically move data between two computers (internet machine and airgapped one) you might transfer malware
if you will physically move data between two computers (internet machine and airgapped one) you might transfer malware
optical media ensures the transfer is one-way only, so you can bring in updates, software, etc. but if you never write CDs on the machine with secret info then nothing will leak. if you need to bring out info you can do it through an old text-only printer without leaking unknown data.
producing CPUs and then auditing one of them for each produced batch with an electron microscope would be extremely expensive. and if they aren't audited then you can't know your adversary didn't put some extra logic in the mask without your knowledge
trustable silicon is a pipe dream. closest you can get is FPGAs because it'd extremely hard to adulterate the logic on the fly

Carson Kelly
Carson Kelly

GNU has a clear and distinct mission: their mission is advance the world of free software by developing the GNU OS. The matter of designing and manufacturing computer hardware is not a part of the mission. The FSF's mission is an advocacy group for the ideal of user software freedom. The matter of designing and manufacturing computer hardware is not a part of the mission. They will happily partner with projects that are interested in open hardware designs, but they will not take the initiative to nurture this direction.

Lucas Morales
Lucas Morales

why is hardware not in the scope of GNU
because it's not in the scope
durr

Oliver Lewis
Oliver Lewis

because in reality, DASH was not developed for remote management for companies or consumers. it was developed as backdoor for CIA and MOSSAD. but they needed some official explanation in case someone found those chips, so they pretend DASH is so "we" can remotely manage "our" computers
Unsupported assertion. Furthermore, board manufacturers are quite greedy. if they could get a marketable feature with simple software switch and thus match the intel boards, there's no way they wouldn't do it at least on some boards.

Jace Bennett
Jace Bennett

Fags think they can espace hell.. but it is too late now.
Give up with privacy, embrace the BOTNET, what are you waiting for ?
Just buy a IsraelCorei7 with WIN10 & lot of yummy blobs everywhere RIGHT NOW.

Cameron Rodriguez
Cameron Rodriguez

*escape

Jackson Rivera
Jackson Rivera

yeah, don't do that. at least set up a router with some kind of encryption scheme between the computer and the internet
TY user. Is my assumption correct that every encryption tool provided by router manufacturer is compromised at this point? Will flashing openWRT on router and proper config provide any substantial secutity benefit? Im not very good with networking.

Ian Wood
Ian Wood

why don't you kill yourself?

Jaxon Jackson
Jaxon Jackson

Also Butlerian DJhad when?

Joshua Morales
Joshua Morales

when you install drivers for it, what stops windows from cooperating with ME/PSP to allow them to send/receive anything they want?
Theoretically nothing, but my point is that it's unlikely to be able to use it with the PC turned off.

Adrian Howard
Adrian Howard

how can people like you even use computers.. with that kind of paranoia you probably think that its spying on you even if its off and all cables and power sources are unplugged

Isaiah Ortiz
Isaiah Ortiz

Support RISC-V

Attached: RISCV.png (27.79 KB, 512x512)

Nathan Perez
Nathan Perez

Fuck off, glow in the dark nigger. It's a fact that every pice if hardware is backdoored by at least the USA.

Noah Anderson
Noah Anderson

turn off the computer then instead of screeching here. its the only way to avoid it and you arent doing it.

Easton Sanchez
Easton Sanchez

Good thing I have a Pentium 3-
The Pentium III was the first x86 CPU to include a unique, retrievable, identification number, called PSN (Processor Serial Number). A Pentium III's PSN can be read by software through the CPUID instruction if this feature has not been disabled through the BIOS.
FUCK

Nicholas Gutierrez
Nicholas Gutierrez

dying is inevitable so you might as well kill yourself
you first

Caleb Hall
Caleb Hall

Bitches about people using auditable encryption.
Doesn't object to beeing called glownigger.
Glownigger detected.

Joshua Cruz
Joshua Cruz

i said nothing about encryption there. just said that paranoid fucks like you should turn the computer off if you really want to avoid the botnet. also that glownigger thing is one of the overused memes so i just ignore it. at this point its in the same category with incel which i also ignore since its used by people who dont have any real arguments against what i said.

Easton Barnes
Easton Barnes

And what it is that you've said you glownigger?
You laughed at people trying to fing the safer way of using existing technology. That's all you've got you NIGGER. Now rope your neck.
Classic derailment.

Chase Collins
Chase Collins

You niggers need to be less obvious.

Isaiah Kelly
Isaiah Kelly

incel
lololololol

Oliver Foster
Oliver Foster

the thing is that there is no safe tech. if you connect it to the internet then its botnet and if you are near other botnet devices then you might be on the botnet anyway even if you didnt own any computers. you can keep screeching about it but there wont ever be such tech available for you. if theres something then it will cost way more than you would want to pay for it and you would need a special room too to be safe and that costs even more.

Parker Perez
Parker Perez

The only one here screeching is you- about how others are trying to mitigate the damage that's already been done to privacy or security.

Attached: bother-someone-else.png (115.65 KB, 267x300)

Jacob Diaz
Jacob Diaz

based. I recommedn living innawoods like Ted Kaczynski with or without letterbombs

Aiden Hall
Aiden Hall

DASH need support
This.
Feds and jews can also use sonar to 3d map your face and benis but not if you do not have mic or speakers, or if they are in use if you do have them.

It also requires there to be information stored in RAM which is preventable with proper machine selection and opsec controls. In a live amnesic setting there is only risk in-session but not between sessions.

Also, this type of shit is a reminder to
ROLL YOUR OWN ONE-TIME CRYPTO

Ryder Jackson
Ryder Jackson

But the motherboard can be read with javascript so how is this different ? Can't you spoof the processor id ?

Kevin Taylor
Kevin Taylor

show me the lines in the Linux kernel where it cooperates with the ME or the PSP
it's in systemd

not with active attacks, and especially not with the ME/PSP stuff. again, NO public accounts of unauthorized packets coming from the ME/PSP have ever been published on the Internet. finding out for yourself whether it is communicating is easy to do, just set up a linux pc as a router in between an idling computer and the net and run wireshark on it.
linux pc with proprietary network card won't show you. network card manufacturers are ordered to hide those packets
also me/psp might be activated by special packets. for example, they look for dangerous people (tor/vpn users), they send special packet to those people, those packets activate full surveillance mode in me/psp

problem is when they trace it back and see that laptop connecting from another AP they're gonna send the police right away. spoofing MAC might help but there could be other ways to fingerprint it. Tor might or might not help, because it sticks out like a sore thumb and might be compromised anyways through a myriad of ways.
tor definitely helps. either they won't be able to find original IP, or they will be able but after long time, which gives you time to flee and to destroy all evidence

producing CPUs and then auditing one of them for each produced batch with an electron microscope would be extremely expensive. and if they aren't audited then you can't know your adversary didn't put some extra logic in the mask without your knowledge
then let's do it. if we don't have money, let's steal it from jews. I am not joking

trustable silicon is a pipe dream. closest you can get is FPGAs because it'd extremely hard to adulterate the logic on the fly
then let's use FPGA

their mission is advance the world of free software by developing the GNU OS
software cannot be free if it runs on non-free hardware
hardware and software work in tandem, you cannot run software without hardware

Furthermore, board manufacturers are quite greedy.
it's not the board manufacturers that put ASF/DASH/ME/PSP. the chipset manufacturer does, Intel and AMD

if they could get a marketable feature with simple software switch and thus match the intel boards, there's no way they wouldn't do it at least on some boards.
no, because they are not allowed to. they (Intel and AMD) get paid from jews and NSA to implant those backdoors, if they made consumers use it, soon someone could find holes or the true behaviour of the system

i said nothing about encryption there. just said that paranoid fucks like you should turn the computer off if you really want to avoid the botnet
you are the jew that says
muh you can't escape botnet fully so I recommend you to buy newest Intel-Aviv CPU, or just don't use computers
you are wrong jew, because there are levels to botnet. we can get less botnet by:
-using complicated network connection like chinese USB wifi dongles, second old PC as firewall
-using old CPU and chipsets
-avoiding systemd and windows 10
-using VIA cpu and chipset instead of Intel and AMD
-using two computers (one with internet connection, one without internet)

Nathan James
Nathan James

Show me the lines in the systemd where it cooperates with the ME or the PSP

Connor Butler
Connor Butler

Software can be free if it runs on non-free hardware
Hardware and software work in tandem, you cannot run software without hardware

Cooper Morris
Cooper Morris

rolling your own crypto
that is beyond retarded user. use whats tried and tested, dont get pwned for being a BAKA

Angel Phillips
Angel Phillips

Is my assumption correct that every encryption tool provided by router manufacturer is compromised at this point?
Yes
Will flashing openWRT on router and proper config provide any substantial secutity benefit?
Maybe, especially if you use it to monitor traffic and block ICMP, disallow UPnP and block other unnecessary stuff. But that takes time and effort on your part. Also the thing is, if you're worried about ME you shouldn't use the Internet at all. The NSA has lots of 0-days on every OS, and they will use them before having to pull the big guns (hardware exploits).
Every couple years a new arbitrary code execution exploit on Loonix surfaces that allows you to pwn systems by just sending malformed IP packets. It's reasonable to assume the feds know about them years before they come out to the public, thus allowing them to own any system they really need to access (they won't do the most effective attacks except against high priority targets though, because you have a limited number of times you can use an exploit before people find out and patch it).
But I'll tell you what the lowest hanging fruit is: install Wireshark and find out what servers your PC is talking to, it might surprise you (won't show you connections from well written rootkits though).

Jose Barnes
Jose Barnes

no, because they are not allowed to. they (Intel and AMD) get paid from jews and NSA to implant those backdoors, if they made consumers use it, soon someone could find holes or the true behaviour of the system
And the proof for that is where? Not only does it not make sense (it was available to consumers on intel systems), you just pulled that out of your ass.

Jaxon Johnson
Jaxon Johnson

immediately after power up ME sends out a gratuitious ARP packet containing the hostname configured in the previously booted operating system
it does it even if the OS didn't have any HECI/MEI driver installed
HOW does ME capture the hostname of the running OS, WHERE does it store it, and HOW MUCH OTHER DATA does it covertly capture and store while an OS is running?

Jace Reyes
Jace Reyes

ok so you get cheap old pci-e network card instead of using motherboards ports, the supposed "hidden os" and bios doesnt have drivers for it
?????

Oliver Jenkins
Oliver Jenkins

Show me the lines in the systemd where it cooperates with the ME or the PSP
systemd is over 1 million lines. there is no way to check where does it have those lines
how can you be sure it doesn't have those lines?

Software can be free if it runs on non-free hardware
cannot. botnet hardware will steal your freedoms

And the proof for that is where?
proof is in National Security Agency. I work there and will soon leak it

HOW does ME capture the hostname of the running OS, WHERE does it store it, and HOW MUCH OTHER DATA does it covertly capture and store while an OS is running?
THIS
WAITING FOR EXPLANATION. MAYBE LET'S ASK (((INTEL)))?

ok so you get cheap old pci-e network card instead of using motherboards ports, the supposed "hidden os" and bios doesnt have drivers for it
maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't underestimate ME capabilities
even if it protects you, it will only protect you when PC is turned off, when PC is turned on, ME can cooperate with operating system and use it to get access to the internet

Connor Rogers
Connor Rogers

Trips + dubs of inquisitiveness. Inspiring.
We must destroy and dissolve all (((jews, evil, illuminati, soros, negative, trilateral comission, bildelberg club, negative entities, rothschilds, rockefellers, etc...))) forever.
We are Free.

Logan Hall
Logan Hall

cannot. botnet hardware will steal your freedoms
You are confusing software freedoms with other ideals. Please don't do that.

Adam Allen
Adam Allen

AMD PSP doesn't touch the network at all. Newer AMD motherboards/bios updates have an option to disable AMD PSP after the system has booted. AMD is MUCH safer in comparison to intel. AMD has even expressed interest in open sourcing the PSP in the past. No sources on hand but have this [redacted] comment:

"They did (external)audits and decided that it is more safe (probably from a business perspective) to keep it closed source. The end." AMD users: see pic for option and try and find it in your bios. I don't want to upgrade my BIOS due to paranoia (I don't have another system to test) but those with new-ish ryzon processors should report their results itt.

TL;DR AMD > Intel for processor security in many, many regards, not just this issue.

Attached: asrock-disable-psp.jpg (111.82 KB, 1035x776)

Anthony Wilson
Anthony Wilson

Off topic but in a similar realm, here's a PDF of the recent page "Secure comms" that was archived after a couple days. Perhaps there's some info in it that the controllers of 8ch don't want others to know about. That it was halted so quickly could indicate that 8ch isnt a place for agencies to watch, but is under their control, and especially in regards to projects that allow us untraceable movements.

anonfile.com/QfE7Rbs9n5/SecureComms1063871.html_pdf

Brayden Ross
Brayden Ross

Current thread

archive.ph/fT0mB

Benjamin Rodriguez
Benjamin Rodriguez

What a waste of archive.ph server space. You don't have to archive literally every fucking thread filled with your blogposts you dumb nigger. Most of the shit posted already have archive links, you should've made some sort of infograph instead to make your walls of text more digestible but that requires an actual brain.

Attached: retard.png (53.25 KB, 403x448)

Eli Cox
Eli Cox

muh internets ain't fer use

Found the glownigger!

Jace Hall
Jace Hall

You can "disable" the ME in most computers through the BIOS as well.
Though if you believe the claims of both companies you're gullible as fuck.

David Ross
David Ross

Here's a PDF of the current thread for you to save the other URLs to PDF before the alien niggers order the agency kikes to SHUT IT DOWN

anonfile.com/x9V6R3s6ne/All_computers_since_2003_can_read_your_keystrokes_screen_files_1064555.html_pdf

Jaxon Lopez
Jaxon Lopez

Attached: di.jpg (78.96 KB, 567x499)

Grayson Perry
Grayson Perry

Support RISC-V
Unfortunately 100% SoC bullshit.

Leo Morales
Leo Morales

boomer-tier facebook memes

Zachary Morales
Zachary Morales

I'm GenX

Attached: 7gkfv1xyv8v21.jpg (45.23 KB, 640x651)

Caleb Thomas
Caleb Thomas

Smug defeatism will get you nowhere

Parker Lee
Parker Lee

But are they doing enough?

Attached: Is-The-Government-Spying-On-Schizophrenics-Enough.mp4 (6.1 MB, 480x360)

Owen Lopez
Owen Lopez

What about Elbrus? I won't believe it's botnet unless I see actual proof.
Ahahaha.
not actually funny, but at first I thought it was real news

Noah Stewart
Noah Stewart

I won't believe it exists until I can actually acquire one.

Isaac Howard
Isaac Howard

The Elbrus-8S (Russian: Эльбрус-8С) is a Russian 28 nanometer 8-core microprocessor developed by Moscow Center of SPARC Technologies (MCST).
haha nope.

Benjamin Carter
Benjamin Carter

What's the point of stating "supported programming platforms" any Turing Complete instruction set should be able to run any compiler and the processor is x64 so it should work the same as any other of the family? Why say "supported programming platforms" that doesn't make any sense?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (88.28 KB, 1568x623)

Jack Thompson
Jack Thompson

x64
family
The architecture is Elbrus 2000.

Landon Roberts
Landon Roberts

Oh you were referring to "instruction set" on the wiki page.
That's just emulated with their self baked software side emulator.
Aside from that: Those things are super expensive and only used by the Russian military.

Alexander Mitchell
Alexander Mitchell

how botnet would this thing be? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIA_C7

Liam Wright
Liam Wright

intel and AMD? thats definintely botnet goy
chink-khazar processor is NOT BOTNET UNTIL I SEE PROOFS
It's all so tiresome.

Attached: 1554925066.mp4 (1.94 MB, 1280x720)

Landon Reed
Landon Reed

is VIA the answer to AMD/Intel botnet? VIA boards and cpus do not have ME/PSP
VIA thread VIA is taiwanese, so not (((American))) and not Chinese

A Russian provider is willing to host a free server of 50 slots at no price as long as its used at least once every 30 days
sounds shady as fuck. the only reason why someone would offer this is to collect metadata

Nathan Smith
Nathan Smith

What about Open Firmware?

Landon Ortiz
Landon Ortiz

What was the context for this? Was Homer high?

John Ward
John Ward

He saw an ad for Clown College, then couldn't stop thinking about clowns.

Christopher Price
Christopher Price

Is MOSSAD trying to downplay legitimate government overreach by bombarding people with dubious claims of further overreach, thus creating a general feeling of inundation and apathy?

Attached: 3ba1cc88ad54e0a3587fee2f4f671b34.jpg (22.71 KB, 500x376)

Chase Ward
Chase Ward

Naw, it's just confirmation of what everyone already knew to begin with: computers are insecure and unreliable.
fucking captcha

Adam Williams
Adam Williams

So... I can finally just submit to a botnet, create faceberg, jewtube, jewgle accounts and live like a normal person? All that running away and trying to hide from the cameras was worthless?
Also I wonder if Stallman knows that he was assblasted all the time.without knowing it

Asher Thomas
Asher Thomas

All that running away and trying to hide from the cameras was worthless

fucking this.

Juan James
Juan James

RPi/VideoCore
VideoCore is the GPU that they use to do hardware init. There is a project to replace some of the VC code with an open source replacement:
github.com/christinaa/rpi-open-firmware
It's intended as a libre replacement for the stock bootcode.bin normally loaded from the SD card.
it works, but the project is on "indefinite hold" by the main dev, who doesn't want to waste her free time dealing with Broadcom's shit anymore.

Anyway, IIRC, there may be other VC code that gets loaded before/after bootcode.bin,

SPARC paranoia
seriously? OpenSPARC was more open then RISC-V, you can literally download the verilog for T1 and T2

Luis Anderson
Luis Anderson

Even Raspberry Pis?
Don't do the Reddit thing and say "Especially Raspberry Pis."

Jackson Jones
Jackson Jones

No. Time to buy an 8-bit machine and start soldering your own add-on boards and writing your own drivers to get anything close to what would now be considered vastly sub-par but basically functional workstation. It's time to start living in the future of 1982. The only way forward is backward.

Jackson Perry
Jackson Perry

Gotta be a way to run the keyboard output into some kinda FPGA or TPM, no? Is it even possible to use TPM for that?

Basically run it into a device that generates random letters and number into the output, but only allows the actual text to be deployed.

Adam Collins
Adam Collins

(((her)))

I know nothing about this but Ima go ahead and bet ten bucks "christina" is either some pasty nerd dude looking manlet with hair that would make glam metal bands jealous or some fat and half-bald disheveled ogre hooked on titty skittles. The chin is weirdly prominent and masculine in both cases. What do I win? It's funny because just as degenerate and broken these gross fucks are, their unstable man brains still work better at this kind of stuff than a woman's ever will.

Also y'all sound like a bunch of out-of-touch boomers. While I agree that the current black box systems we have now are a lot less than ideal, maybe, uh, try creating content worth stealing/spying-on first? Or hell, just work on figuring these systems out better, lots of stuff to do and lots of grounds the cover. The ways how to start are all described out there, if you'd truly care but you don't really care. We both know that.

You also know that nobody cares you said nigger on that one imageboard one time. Nobody cares about your degenerate loli animu garbage or the very fact that you're maybe a pedo and sexual degenerate and have a bunch of videos of naked 14 year olds because it's just so "taboo". Nobody cares about your feefees re: Jews/nigs/orange men/right wingers/left wingers. It's just you people whining 24/7 because you think some bizarre conspiracy theory you saw on youtube or 8ch that you think explains your boring and meaningless lives gives you some kind of special insight or secret knowledge about the world. You know nothing and there's nothing special about you. Grow up.

If you want nobody to haxx that document in which you wrote that hitler did nothing wrong and also about your secret desire to fuck a trannys boipussi, just put it on an internet-disconnected machine. There. I just solved all your OCD about being spied on - and it is irrational. If you were truly serious about the shit you spew here (and we already have figured out that you don't care) you would not be here in the first place. You would not watch degenerate anime or whatever 1st world entertainment you use to whittle your boring life in front of the screen away. This is still all bread and games and nobody cares. You never left the zoo, man.

I remember when this board wasn't an echo chamber of technical inept boomer conspiracy nuts, trolls and the ocasional reddit normie stumbling in and asking/saying something incredibly basic. I miss those two seconds!

Mason Watson
Mason Watson

y'all
You ain't fooling anyone.

Daniel Phillips
Daniel Phillips

FUCK OFF YOU RETARDED NORMALFAG NIGGER GO BACK TO YOUR SHITHOLE YOU CANCER PIECE OF SHIT

Grayson Butler
Grayson Butler

kys

Gabriel Gray
Gabriel Gray

This thread
zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-04/google-parses-your-gmail-financial-transactions
<The blackpills just keep piling up
meguca.org/nya/

Attached: --cerulean-jaguar-and-small-clawed-otter-kemono-friends-drawn-by-konabetate--40e016c3436f168bc26b4797f3d57be3.jpg (211.29 KB, 1200x988)

Aaron Walker
Aaron Walker

"lol user you aren't being spied on"
leaked government documents conclusively prove, yes everyone is being spied on
"lol who cares they aren't going to do anything with all that info"
this has always bugged me

Carter Gomez
Carter Gomez

Your computer is connected to the outside. If you want privacy, unplug it. Problem solved. No amount of free software or VPNs will save you from a physical connection outside your house. Legally the internet never had a level of expectation of privacy. You won’t do that though because it’s too big a lifestyle change for your artistic ass so you just bitch and moan on an anonymous message board instead

Anthony Walker
Anthony Walker

Did I do something to offend you, comrade?

Ian Russell
Ian Russell

Did I write anything as to imply I was offended?

Attached: 111C11F7-C5E4-4154-8803-84C30F1A3E0C.jpeg (16.07 KB, 252x239)

Xavier Ward
Xavier Ward

Seems as much given you seem compelled to reply to questions regarding privacy with bugman-tier non-answers and sour grapes mentality. Your attitude of "it's fucked beyond repair" is not only meaningless, but also a detriment only to your self. Even if only a partial unfucking of security holes and backdoors in modern systems are possible, the effort will have been worth it- rather than being a naysayer that proclaims nothing can be done while wasting every waking hour dispensing blackpills to compensate for his own lack of confidence.

Attached: Dy6sfnwWoAAxBRr.jpg (15.92 KB, 541x351)

Gavin Davis
Gavin Davis

unplug it

what about that 3G transmitters on intel cpus?

Nathaniel Barnes
Nathaniel Barnes

If you lack this much self-contro, that you literally cannot live without internet then you are in no position to be talking about privacy at all. Legally expectation of privacy never existed online. Is cold hard facts, cope.

Noah Richardson
Noah Richardson

Do you just have a script that generates these for you? Nothing in there relates to what the other guy wrote in .

Oliver Jackson
Oliver Jackson

It doesn't exist.

Anthony Rodriguez
Anthony Rodriguez

Data Recovery and Reverse Engineering Expert here just coming to say this is total BS dash never had access to any graphical information so the whole 'Can See your Screen' Is total BS aswell as the fact Dash is usually only supported on enterprise mobos plus lintel dropped support for it and AMD has no official statement this is pure misinformation if you actually read your sources you would know this shit, Stop pulling stuff out of your ass. -Thanks From R/QuitYourBs

James Russell
James Russell

Sorry for the lack of periods the key there is not working correctly/

Daniel Murphy
Daniel Murphy

Dash is usually only supported on enterprise mobos
They not exposing it to the user != it not being available to glownigs... But you already know that.
this is total BS dash never had access to any graphical information
Sure... Until the NSA loads remote_desktop.exe
Data Recovery and Reverse Engineering Expert here
Damn, the NSA sure is overworked... Putting their forensic experts to shill on a vietnamese cuckime forum, who would've thought.

Joseph Perry
Joseph Perry

Im sadly not working for the NSA nor am I even in the USA, I am employed at 45 drives but intrested to see how the NSA re-mote loads and executes software onto my custom mobo.

Colton Morris
Colton Morris

but intrested to see how the NSA re-mote loads and executes software onto my custom mobo.
No such thing unless you replaced the south bridge with an FPGA. And even then the CPU might easily have a microcontroller on-die, or even be able to run in a low power mode from the 5v offered at all times by the PSU even with the fans off and the PC "shut down". And when it is on it could have a -6gorillion ring with acces to some megabytes of slow on-die SRAM so it could happily chug away at your data in a way that would be extremely hard to detect even with a logic analyzer logging every bit of data coming out of the CPU, just waiting for the magic packet from the glownigs to dump a compilation of important logged keywords, passwords, public keys, phone numbers etc. Or even live display data if they thought the channel was wide enough.
You'd need access to proprietary info to distinguish caching, throttling and other timing and power consumption irregularities from clandestine processing.

Chase Ross
Chase Ross

any evidence that this bullshit actually enabled on regular normie hardware out of the box? (except for vulnerabilities which are fixed by now)
it's not like you were the one who "found" about it, and it would be a pretty big deal if it was true.

Nathan Hughes
Nathan Hughes

even if your PC is turned off

Stopped reading right there.

no electrical current flow in PC motherboard + hard drive at all. But files can be remotely read or modified.

Lol, ok.

Attached: 1507909249273.jpg (33.49 KB, 552x414)

Angel Howard
Angel Howard

They do it through radio waves which are actually microwaves that can bend through the air and concentrate power directly on your board, which turns it on. It's the same technology they use to shock superman's balls.

Robert Gonzalez
Robert Gonzalez

Your PC isn't actually off, just "off". They market this as a feature.

Lincoln Turner
Lincoln Turner

Got any proof or just baseless claims from sources you have not even read?

Oliver Roberts
Oliver Roberts

if you remove the power cable then it is really off(if laptop then you remove the batteries too). if you dont then its indeed in some standby mode since it can be started with a modern non mechanical button. the old computers that were really off would be turned on/off with a real mechanical switch.

Owen Kelly
Owen Kelly

how the fuck do you think wake on lan works

Jacob Murphy
Jacob Murphy

GLOWnogs can read your HDD while the power is soft-off and drives are spun down.
Yeah and my CPU can run at full speed without the fan running and not over-heat...

Just a friendly reminder, computers were not energy efficient in the early days, that wasn't a priority until the IME and PSP systems started rolling out. Most people also had really slow Internet back then too, so remote (over the Internet) out-of-band access was not really practical outside of LAN. Most of the remote management features (IPMI) were upsell functionality that required a daughterboard to be physically installed on the motherboard. Remote viewing of the screen would take a noticeable hit to bandwidth and system performance.

It'd also be good to mention that a lot of 90s hardware was still in use around that time and some of those machines still had dial-in/dial-out parameters.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_RISC_System/6000#Service_processor
I've looked at some of the documentation for that card and it can give you a general idea of what they do.

Benjamin Stewart
Benjamin Stewart

ps-2.kev009.com/rs6000/redbook-cd/sg245144.pdf
(Search "Service Processor" in that document, Chapter 7)

Some models do have it integrated onto the board, but most are on the optional SM card. That doc is from 1998.

Thomas Lopez
Thomas Lopez

Kill yourself nigger. All the NSA would need is a way to retrieve certain blocks from the hard drive, not to literally see your screen.

Alexander Rogers
Alexander Rogers

Seeing this shit makes me want to kill myself, fucking rabbit hole you dig yourself in, i just reinstalled chrome in my windows 10 virtual machine, this gay shit is going to kill me

Austin Richardson
Austin Richardson

Read that Wikipedia link. The AMD 780V supports it, that is made for Enterprise / Server use. Hint: If it supports IPMI it is generally intended for a rack. And if your motherboard doesn't have the TPM header populated you can be pretty sure none of this crap is going to be supported.

Lucas Lee
Lucas Lee

Intel ME is not supported in consumer mobos either. Yet we know it's there.
When we're talking a die area that basically amounts to a $2 microcontroller, it's generally cheaper and easier for the manufacturer to leave it in place and expose it or not through firmware or e-fuse configs depending on the device, than to change the design of the circuit just to actually remove that part of the die. Plus you have the added benefit that if you ever want to re-purpose consumer grade silicon designs for enterprise you can do it without having to make a new set of masks.

Charles Long
Charles Long

Where's the botnet exactly? Unlike x86, there's no indication that ARM is botnet, unless you count the speculative nature of most recent ARM CPUs. And those are easily avoided, just don't buy those ones. Buy instead Cortex-A7 and A53. And don't buy board like Raspberry Pi that needs proprietary firmware blob to run on the Broadcom chip before it even starts the ARM cores.

Julian Richardson
Julian Richardson

Why not simply....bore a hole into the chip? And physically target the ME..and kill it. Surely the computer isn't so stupid that it will die without ME..r-right? Coreboot and Trannyboot aren't enough, I want it dead.

Jonathan Kelly
Jonathan Kelly

Or how about, breaking to connection to the ME, and bridging it beyond the chip? To, essentially skip ME upon startup, only at the hardware level. Is this eve possible?

Chase Kelly
Chase Kelly

the connection* sorry

Dylan Bailey
Dylan Bailey

ME does power management. It won't boot without me.

Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott

You can't do what you imagine with a borer but there's me_cleaner which tries to apply your idea in software.

Xavier Rogers
Xavier Rogers

meant for

Asher Johnson
Asher Johnson

i know about me_cleaner, but I mean a total solution to the problem.
power management? I doubt a little shitty program can take the place of a transformer or a battery. Sometimes I think all this shit is just hype to keep people pozzed, gotta be a complete cure to this madness. Like a universal BIOS or something.

Jordan Ross
Jordan Ross

and I say total solution because not all units are compatible with those programs (coreboot, me cleaner, libreboot), some units are just screwed with no way off the ride.

Parker Cruz
Parker Cruz

The best solution is just don't buy the chips with ME or similar remote access backdoor. Learn to live with less CPU power, either with older 32-bit x86, or something altogether different like ARM or PowerPC.

Liam Lewis
Liam Lewis

I was looking into old laptops, even 56k phoneline junk. I like old tech, but there is no reason why we can't have decent modern tech. We're just not putting our minds to it. No reason to live with shit we don't like.

Logan Thompson
Logan Thompson

Power management in this context means the CPU sends a code to the VRM to supply the CPU with a certain voltage and the clock generator to supply a certain frequency clock, depending on how much work for the CPU there is. But all that can be set to a fixed value with some electronics.
Still, there might be some functionality that is required from the chip, such as loading values onto registers to configure the CPU structures. We just don't know, since nobody has reverse engineered it even though a decrypted version is available.
Also, drilling might cause a short inside the CPU, and it would be hard to physically aim the drill to destroy it without affecting surrounding structures, since modern CPUs have the die inside a solid block of epoxy. And partially destroying it, or just leaving the traces floating can cause the rest of the CPU to get false signals disrupting its normal function.

Mason Parker
Mason Parker

fixed value with some electronics.
Sounds like a solution to me, it's worth exploring, another option may be some kind of PCIe with some kind of FPGA dedicated to blocking specific input and managing that input itself, like a middle man relaying the information to the unit if it's even possible

Tyler Richardson
Tyler Richardson

This thread is pretty depressing. So am I right in saying the last Intel CPUs without the botnets were the Penitum IIs? So :
Intel Pentium II 450 SECC-2
Deschutes 450 MHz 100 MHz 32 KB/512 KB/- 0,25 µm

Gabriel James
Gabriel James

Israeli tentacles: Now with anal penetration.

Kevin Allen
Kevin Allen

There is nothing here that would lead me to believe that you aren't just a schizophrenic who escaped his cage.

Cooper Murphy
Cooper Murphy

Haha, no. Oldest """"no botnet"""" CPU is the Pentium MMX because no speculative execution/Smeltdown.

Nathan Taylor
Nathan Taylor

What about the mobile pentium MMX? And what can be done today, with that architecture?

Christian Morgan
Christian Morgan

Not really depressing. Just don't buy anymore laptops from stores, buy used laptops from flea markets and garage sales.

Lincoln Richardson
Lincoln Richardson

You can run FreeDOS and play mid 90's and earlier games on it. Otherwise you can run old stuff like OS/2, Win95/98/NT. Probably also oddball stuff like NeXTSTEP and QNX, if you can find them.
It probably wouldn't be able to run any modern *nix very well unless you're just doing very basic CLI stuff. But there even my A20 SoC (dual core Cortex-A7) is rather slow to start up youtube-dl, and it's more equivalent to an Intel Atom than the old Pentium. I had a p120 with 32 MB RAM that ran Linux 1.2.x really well, but that was 20+ years ago.

Attached: tvQNX-pterm-photon.jpg (133.92 KB, 654x435)

Asher Cook
Asher Cook

Interesting. This image's background causes flicker on my screen

Angel Parker
Angel Parker

modern monitors cant handle such things

Attached: test2.gif (5.18 KB, 500x500)

Adrian Powell
Adrian Powell

Sounds like that may be pixel walking
lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php#inversion-all.png

Connor Rivera
Connor Rivera

i unplugged my pc and the microwaves from local towers were enough to send data!

Jaxson Johnson
Jaxson Johnson

Can you obtain a motherboard which doesn't have ME but is capable of 16 or more GB of DDR3 RAM?

Tyler Peterson
Tyler Peterson

X58 with a Xeon+48GB RAM.

Careful though, motherboard prices are kiked to hell and back because gaymers.

Easton Collins
Easton Collins

10+ years old Xeon motherboard expensive because muh gaems?

Adrian Brown
Adrian Brown

10+ years old Xeon motherboard expensive because muh gaems?
if gaymers raise prices of new motherboards, then sane people go and buy older ones. so demand for older ones is growing, raising the prices of older ones too

imagine if all new cars doubled in price today. wouldn't that push many people into used car market and raise the prices of older cars?

Joshua Gutierrez
Joshua Gutierrez

Holy fuck user. This is new information to me. I’m aware of ME/PSP/etc. but DASH is an entirely new thing to me.

Charles Morales
Charles Morales

What about Computrace? I hear that's pretty bad too.

Zachary Harris
Zachary Harris

don't click this

Attached: aaaaaaaa.jpeg (52.65 KB, 1125x1034)

Jeremiah Nguyen
Jeremiah Nguyen

X58 was Intlel's first HEDT platform and it's highly popular even 10 years on because cheap as shit 6c/12t Xeons that also overclock extremely well.

Joseph Cook
Joseph Cook

6c/12t
HT
enjoy your Portsmash

Michael Parker
Michael Parker

show me the lines
No, that’s not how it works any more. It’s safe to assume systemd is botnet. Botnet is pervasive and systemd is botnet software from a botnet firm. Prove it isn’t. If you can’t, it’s botnet.

Kayden Stewart
Kayden Stewart

Software freedom as a concept dates from a time before pervasive botnet, and the general computer using public is still largely unaware of the implications or even existence of pervasive botnet. Essentially you might as well complain that the Founding Fathers didn’t see the need to ban botnet hardware backdoors in the Constitution.

Owen Gonzalez
Owen Gonzalez

you can literally download the verilog for T1 and T2
Just like Power9, but how do you verify the silicon? Electron microscope, peeling off a few atoms at a time and photographing it and creating a simulation? Even that wouldn’t get you the state of the microcode.

Matthew Wood
Matthew Wood

Prove it.

Angel Wright
Angel Wright

there is no reason why we can't have decent modern tech
At the risk of stating the obvious, yes there is. They can write a national security letter compelling you to include botnet, or force you to sell your startup to Intel or whoever, and if you fail to comply or decide to tell people what happened they can throw you in jail or possibly even kill you.

The only solutions would be to use old tech or hardware and software produced beyond the reach of western intelligence agencies and as even normies can run nmap and fingerprint an OS it seems reasonable that intelligence agencies can too so even these measures may not suffice or be sustainable long term.

James Gonzalez
James Gonzalez

They can write a national security letter compelling you to include botnet
lel americucks

Attached: DjMyielW0AAvY5D.jpg (23.27 KB, 546x492)

Chase Wright
Chase Wright

It’s safe to assume systemd is botnet.
Botnet is pervasive
Botnet is a buzzword that doesn't carry any more information than "bad things related to computers".
So saying "botnet is pervasive" doesn't really mean anything.
systemd is botnet software from a botnet firm.
When has Red Hat been caught using their customer's hardware to do work for them? Never? Then it's not a botnet firm.
Prove it isn’t.
I can't prove it isn't a word that doesn't mean anything.
I've looked at the packets coming from my computer and there isn't any address that I don't recognize. That's enough proof for me that the ME isn't spying on me.
If you need more proof than that, then you do you.
Transmitters require an antenna and filtering and impedance matching LC networks. The datasheets used by motherboard designers are public and don't describe any such thing.
So if there was a GSM transmitter in the die, it would be useless, because if it tried to transmit the output stage would be burnt out because of SWR.

Carson Gutierrez
Carson Gutierrez

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. You can send AM radio with only the CPU.

github.com/fulldecent/system-bus-radio

Brody Peterson
Brody Peterson

NO U. AM radio is a different technique to 3G radio.

Brandon Clark
Brandon Clark

Sorry, I meant
necessary for transmitters which have enough output power to get farther than 2 meters from your asshole
samefagging this obviously in 20k+20

Aaron Clark
Aaron Clark

20k+20
2011+8
ISHYGDDT

Gavin Parker
Gavin Parker

So you can’t prove systemd isn’t botnet. Maybe once they freeze it and an independent organization can audit the whole thing and verify it’s integrity I will consider using it. Until then, it’s botnet.

And antennas can be made as a layer on silicon or using circuit board traces, both have been done for a long time.

Frankly you’re glowing.

Anthony Harris
Anthony Harris

Bump.

Jacob Sanchez
Jacob Sanchez

I sure hope they can read my keystrokes, screen, and files. If not they'd be overpriced Hellen Keller boxes.

Samuel Smith
Samuel Smith

(((AMD))), (((Avocent))), (((Broadcom))), (((Dell))), (((HP))), (((IBM))), (((Intel))), (((Microsoft))), (((Novell))), (((NVIDIA))), (((Symantec))), and (((WBEM Solutions)))
Imagine being this much of an incel.