Hey dudes. Long story short my isp hopped my fence almost a week ago now to work on pic related (underground cable box...

Hey dudes. Long story short my isp hopped my fence almost a week ago now to work on pic related (underground cable box?) for what im assuming was to work on our neighbors internet (it has their address on it, not mine). While he was back there he fucked up my internet somehow and customer support is refusing to believe that they did that because its "against policy" to hop fences and is being extremely difficult while i try to get a tech out out here.

TL;DR can i open one of these and turn my internet back on myself? Are there sensors or anything like that that detect tampering?

Attached: Screenshot_20190617-164857_Google.jpg (1080x1382, 450.75K)

they'd probably be able to tell that you tampered with it somehow, then actually cancel your internet for it
even if you don't do it they might try to pin it on you anyways, make sure you have an alibi

Don't open it. There's always tamper proof shit on these things.

Any unruly kids in the neighborhood?
Get them to smash it.

They left it loose so I opened it just to see how it looked in there and it was all just a mess. There doesnt seem to be any way they could tell if it was tampered with. Worse comes to worse i could say i hit it while mowing my yard. Anyone know how the wiring in it works or any links to diagrams?

Don't do it lol. How old are you? I've broke 2 routers while fucking with them when I was younger and got my ISP to replace them just by calling them up. Well, actually one of them IIRC was faulty and I tried it to fix it by opening it up because I thought it was overheating, but when it shit the bed for real I put it back together and they didn't notice. The other one I fucked by replacing the busybox binary with an incompatible version (admin keys for a telnet session for the Linux system inside had leaked online). They guy who came to replace it was suspicious I had fucked with it after seeing I had Debian installed on my PC but still replaced it ("these never break you know"). Also bricked a phone by overwriting the partition header of the flash ROM and got it replaced by the warranty. Nowadays I don't fuck with expensive shit or shit I don't own, and try to stay as out of the radar of the legal system as possible.
Forget about the fence hopping business, just tell them your Internet doesn't work and to fix it or you'll stop paying. Probably nothing you could do inside it either.

This.

Low IQ advice right there.

Well if it's open already you might as well take some pics and post them here.

Im a 21 EE student so i know at least a little about electrical stuff. Took the top off and snapped a couple pics

Attached: 20190617_174217.jpg (4032x3024 5.26 MB, 4.67M)

Cool serial number.

if you open it you will be raped in jail.

Why is all DSL/ADSL messy as hell? Don't the techs care?

No they don't. They care about long term reliability. This means they don't have to revisit the box to fix the work they did before.

Yeah it's the connections for different people's lines. To find out which one is your line call some number and leave a recording playing and then tap into the different lines with the leads from an old phone to find which one is yours.

It looks like those orange tags may be addresses? Can anyone verify this?

Man your Samsung Galaxy S7 edge took a great picture at 6:42pm Eastern Time!

that's for the part, which will just lead back to the company that purchased it

OP, what you need is a service manual to start some phreaking.

Likely the idiot knocked out some wires from that shit mess or a board in 2nd pic. Maybe the green and red that look loose and uncrapped in 1st pic?
Are those tags dated to show the work of the engineer? Try to find the most up to date tag to see what he did.

Also some clearer shots of the wiring would be helpful.

It's also possible a nigger neighbour of yours switched wires on you to give themselves internet access, so perhaps not the isp.

The good old days of Carding/Wire-fraud involved acquiring someone's details, then phone-ordering expensive gear using their phone wires. Free phone sex, too.
Being a ha.-.dcor3 1980s Cyberpunk, cunts used to try shenanigans on my phone pit all the time.

Attached: a8a12c33-9232-40f9-b900-bc1dc5f342f9.jpg (600x600, 175.33K)

Cut the red and the purple wires OP!

We're all very impressed
go back, idiot

Simple solution. Rip all the wires out. Then they HAVE to send someone out, say it was some local teens.

based

You had one job.

That's fucking 1337 dude. Reading EXIF data is some pr0 H4XX0r shit, yo.