Is the CCNA a meme cert or will it actually get me out of help desk to become a network engineer?

Is the CCNA a meme cert or will it actually get me out of help desk to become a network engineer?

Attached: cisco.jpg (4032x3024, 3.09M)

It will get you a job that pays way better than help desk. It takes forever to study for though.

The entire Comptia suite of certifications is an international scam that somehow got accredited, probably via dick sucking and bribe.

Which CCNA, the still-current one, or the "revamped" one that will come February 24th, 2020? There seems to be a vast difference judging from the draft syllabus.

^^probably failed his A+ cert

Anyone knows how to make Packet Tracer 7 run offline? All practice lab files released in the last years need PT7, but its mandatory login botnet shit is obviously annoying.

you will never be an engineer without going to college.

I passed my A+ cert. The material in the A+ 900 is devoid of content and often contain outright lies. And you 1) don't even need this cert to enter the industry and 2) are required to take a new certification exam every 3 years.

Comptia is a scam. Research it.

Tell me, oh great wizard of the gentoo guild... How the fuck do I install that shit? I got so far as to be able to boot into the harddrive gentoo shell, but everytime I do everything is read only and it the wifi card shows up as some random name and shows no network connectivity, even when I plug in the ethernet, and it only boots into the shell, not the desktop environment (I tried using the desktop/KDE option during setup) I've spent the better part of a week trying to make it work. I think it might be something to do with the kernel configuration, idk if I'm making something a part of the bootloader or module or what. Should I try genkernel? because really I don't know what else to do because I keep fucking up. pls help.

What is this derailing shit? GTFO
That doesn't mean much. Like, are you certain you run from HDD or what?
That doesn't make sense unless either you are logged in as non-root and want to edit a privileged file or something is fucked up really badly.
man wpa_supplicant
man dhcpcd
man dhcpcd
Assuming you have it actually installed, it's started either via display manager or just via startx (no display manager method). Look it up. And how to set it up to boot by default, too. I personally think it's a bad idea actually, but it's not the worst.
It might be, but if your kernel is bootable and KMS managed to turn on (displaying your console in native resolution of display), there is probably nothing wrong with the kernel. Well, nothing that would prevent you from running X, at least.
Do you even understand what you're saying?
You don't have to. I mean, if you have you kernel already, you don't. And even if you don't have it, you can always compile kernel by hand.

I followed the install manual as closely as possible, trying to read every detail to ensure I get it right.
I used the minimal install cd instead of a USB. I follow it closely and when I get to kernel configuration I do it manually, I compile most of everything (hardware and network drivers) as kernel and not module.
After that I install most of the reccomended tools and such. I install GRUB2 and after that I move onto the final installation step, the unmounting and reboot. However when I get to the final step it won't allow me to umount /mnt/gentoo saying that it doesnt exist and then saying that it does, but it doesn't let me do anything otherwise. The same happens with the reboot command as it won't let me reboot without first unmounting the previous /mnt/gentoo, it won't let me do poweroff either.
After I press the power button and let it power down I boot it back up and remove the cd before it starts.
Then it boots into what I assume is GRUB/shell or one of those. The command line says "localhost~#" which makes me think it's in root. But when I type "ip addr" a different name is in place where my wifi card name was and I can't change anything with nano or execute any commands outside of the most basic.

As for every [insert name] cert, it solely depends on how your portfolio is looking.
Employers don't care about certs, they care about experience. The whole tech sector in general does not give a fucking about education, if you can show what you have done. A fat public commit history gets you employed faster than any cert will.
If you have experience in networking and can show it in some way, be it past work, some project you did or whatever, will carry more weight. If you know your shit a cert won't help you.
If you don't have anything concrete to show though, it is a good way to prove your worth. However, contact some companies first and ask if they care about that cert specifically. 9 times out of then they have never heard about it.

You're out of your element here Donnie. You need to get hard and come back when you are ready.

Stop egging him on.

Depends where you go. I'm basically helpdesk right now with no experience and CCNA.
Where I work you're going to need at very least CCNP for network engineering.

What I did was take a shitload of bullshit easy certs. Resume fluff works. Lots of DC contracting companies want Sec+ which any retard off the street can pass, but few do it since it's worthless outside of there.

Story time

That being said I will always have the CCNA as a goal just for my own knowledge but I feel its less needed now. The point of this blog post is if you're interviewing show initiative and have some projects under your belt or some attempts to actually do something.

Just passed CCNA Security 210-260, dunno what the fuck to go for next

he left because they offer better pay, but I don't think the tradeoff between more money and wanting to kill yourself is worth it

This, I'm A+ and Network+ certified and employers don't give a fuck.

No, it's not (quite) a meme cert.
No, it will not get you a job by itself.
Investment-wise, being an unpaid intern for a year in a relevant job position will help you more.
But do make sure to study in your spare time nonetheless.

I love how comptia brags that sec+ is the most popular cert in the DoD. I've seen one job posting outside government work that even mentions it.

Nobody? Is it really that difficult to patch out the login screen and make the program skip to loading instead?

Those who went for the CCNA, what were the most important resources for you and most effective ways to absorb and retain the knowledge?

5333 Anonymous server with self-harm, traps, steam giveaways, premium snaps and minimal rules! gg/Xq2uYaa

sure you can. network falls into the same window as sales engineer or hr engineer. doomed to be forever known as the niggercattle of the engineering world by anyone with more than a few brain cells

If you learn on your own (connect the dots not repeat) you're an engineer. Some can get past tests but if you can't learn from taking something apart (ie:put it back together good as new) you're not an engineer.
I had no college and barely passed highschool, I just slept through class. Started as field end user desktop support, to small business and sbs servers, to larger businesses and domains, to hosting to coding, to networking.

Without others guidance, able to learn to connect dots and "see" what's out of place is the only true qualification of an engineer

holy shit lads looks like I'm set! what certs should I get?

This is not what an engineer is. Sure its a part, but the ability to start from zero and design a complex system (when there are no "dots") is much more important. You must also be able to step outside the system you are designing and be able to understand the broader effects and consequences that introducing such a system entails. Even this is only a broad definition of what an actual engineer is but the first step to becoming an one is a degree from an accredited university like the other user has suggested. You will never be able to earn the right to call yourself an engineer without that first step (in addition to the steps that follow).

6889 Awesome server for Anonymous, please join! gg/Xq2uYaa

8200 Official Zig Forums + 4chan Discord server gg/Xq2uYaa

9591 FREE STEAM GIVEAWAY gg/Xq2uYaa

Maybe 10+ years ago, nowadays for a proper networking job you usually need at least CCNP plus a shitload of knowledge about non-Cisco stuff. CCNA might get you away from phone support of end users and into a generic 2nd line support, but chances it would focus on network technologies are not very high.

I also have the A+ 900 series and agree it is mostly bullshit useless info and CompTIA is a piece of shit company but

A) most hiring managers don't give a shit or know anything about any of this and just want the piece of paper or even require it before they can hire you

B) The CCNA has nothing to do with CompTIA. The CCNA is the "CISCO CERTIFIED NETWORK ANALYST" and is a Cisco company certification -- no relation at all with CompTIA.

I am not sure why you brought up COMPTIA in a thread about a CISCO certification.

To OP: I personally am trying to learn node.js (meme language, do not tell Zig Forums or /g/ that you intend to learn node they will shit on you) but check it out: Node jobs are easy as fuck and pay like 90k starting salary which blows all T1-T2 jobs out of the fucking water.

whats the best way to study for ccna?

5195 Furry server let's go raid! gg/Xq2uYaa