U.S. hits E.U., Canada and Mexico with steel, aluminum tariffs, sparking trade war

"It will open a Pandora's box," said Dan Ikenson, director of the Cato Institute’s trade policy studies center.
nbcnews.com/business/economy/u-s-hits-e-u-canada-mexico-steel-aluminum-tariffs-n878881
archive.is/bpRF4

Attached: Screenshot_20180531-124453(1).jpg (718x650, 139.68K)

Attached: 08be40433269a52f711eca70d1097511fc60105735fbd8a3637610a024b7a7f9.png (740x410, 352.28K)

lol at the EUs reaction.

Im surprised they didnt write trump a strongly worded letter, threatening that if he doesnt back down he might recieve an even more stronglyer worded letter which threatens an even more strongly worded letter.

Love my President. MAGA!

King Leaf is upset…. announcing our response now!

Attached: kingleaf.JPG (983x557, 67.72K)

Fuck him.

B….but Americans might have to pay more for their maple syrup.

Oh no, if imports get expensive americans might be able to MAKE SHIT HERE IN THE USA AND COMPETE WITH THESE ASSHOLES.

Hmmmm, I can buy shitty shoes from mexico, (or whatever the fuck mexico manufactures) OR I can buy a superior version of the product made in America…. this is TERRIBLE! I should have voted for Hillary! I'm a Hilldawg now!

forgot pic

Attached: 1429787809773.jpg (607x443, 97.53K)

If the EU existed to serve the people now they would respond by banning everything american out of Europe: The Mcdonald's, the Coca-Colas, the apple shit, the microsoft shit, the video games, the consoles, the shitty pop music, the hollywood garbage, the clothing…everything.

Failing to see a problem here.

EU needs shekels to survive and give benefits to rapefugees, they won't tolerate any threats to their revenue stream.

Attached: NUT 110.jpg (248x310, 62.62K)

I might support the EU if they banned American 'black gangsta' culture.

also cue democrats whining about how spending 10 cents more on canned soup is going to hurt our impoverished at-risk communities and how trump is literally murdering babies to stroke his ego with this trade war

Dubs confirmation

This.
Boycotting the US would cripple those faggots.

Invest in garbage companies, recycling, and local steel. No more buying chinesium through distribution hubs like Canukistan.

Well they can always cover it with one of their bullshit candy or soft-drink taxes. kek

If the EU want free trade back all they should have to do is pay the US hundreds millions of dollars a week, accept laws made in America and permit the free movement of Americans into Europe.

It's very entitled and unrealistic of them to just expect free trade without accepting certain provisions, right?

Sharia will take care of that soon enough.

Attached: Kek.gif (250x175, 267.5K)

OY VEY

Attached: CALLTHEeuIDON'TGIVEAFUCK.jpg (402x413, 48.41K)

Sounds like a plan.

Attached: Not Even Mad.png (234x206, 66.38K)

We should be buying local anyway with how much that shit costs from Canada as it is.

Attached: half_gallon_maple_syrup[1].jpg (1258x1655, 363.2K)

The US could compete – several decades ago when its population was largely indistinguishable from that of Europe. The US will never, ever compete with East Asia or Europe ever again.

I can follow your logic for East Asia. As they have transformed their societies and economies overwhelmingly, and made themselves much more compettitive. The number of engineers China produces each year is insane.

Europe on the other hand is becoming less compettitive over time. As our population is increasingly comprised of people from countries with very low literacy rates. And we are turning out more fucking womens studies graduates than engineers now.

There will me mass chimping out in the streets when they can no longer get their KFC. And you thought the first uprising was bad???

Get fucked.

That's the rub, we need to have worth ethic, standards, etc. which means no niggers, jews, or beaners. At least the asians here will work hard and keep their noses down while only trying to steal secrets and technology, and they can't steal skill.
I will gladly pay more for a product that will last me a lifetime. I still have tools (electrical hazards and all intact) from back in the days before many of those here's parents were born. Still work to this day.
Hell, I still have a set of old coveralls from the 30s that still haven't fallen apart after being used and retired from a local seattle gas company back in the day.
Give the people something to take pride in again and they will. It is in our nature to be competitive and white people love to win. It will be costly starting it all back up again but it will be worth it in the long run because we got to skip over a few decades of constant upgrading. I want to see production return.

Those problems mostly exist in a handful of Western European countries. They are the big ones, sure, but basically don't exist east of the Oder. Some of those affected Western countries also still have the demographics to stop that dead in its tracks, if they act on it of course.

And that is basically already over. The Millenial generation is already like ~50% non-White, give or take. When you get into under 10 and under 5 demographics in the US, it is literally South Africa-tier. It happens much faster than you think.

So its OK when the EU does it to other people but not when someone does it to the EU?
The old noggin is certainly joggin.

Attached: african_wmd.jpg (720x720, 141.74K)

This TBH

Ok no point then, kill yourself. Fuck off kike.

Attached: eternalboomer.jpg (255x255, 27.07K)

Attached: 817348_616553-20180320_LePageMap6-1024x856[1].jpg (500x500 48.79 KB, 102.81K)

The word you're looking for is "nigger", friend.

Nice thumbnail, faggot.

I think you and I have very different views on this. The white European portions of America are still just as intelligent, creative, and hard-working as they ever were. They definitely could compete with China if the monetary playing-field were level. Schools that pump out degrees do not actually make good engineers. If China's engineers are so great why to apartments made of Styrofoam tip over when it rains?

There is a very big gulf, that most of you jew-tinged hystericals have trouble bridging, between the genuine security of the White race's future and America's future. They are not, despite what you may believe because of your own geographical happenstance or feelings of nostalgia, the same thing. In theory, they COULD be the same thing, but unless you think a mass genocide of spicnigger 7 year olds is right around the corner, I don't see it happening. In just 10-15 years they will all be college and working age.

Damn good thing I'm not a boomer otherwise I'd have to put you over my knee and spank you.

Attached: U7HC9GN[1].gif (319x179 2.53 MB, 6.3M)

Buy? Nigger I have family who owns a sugar shack, I don't have to pay a dime for syrup unless I need more than a liter a year.

1.) Not everyone in the E.U is allowed free movement into America
2.) No one will pay millions of dollars a week
3.) America never won a trade war with Europe
4.) We will ruin your petrodollar monopoly; Iran is adopting the Euro to trade for oil, if you want to play like this, we will crash you too

Attached: sdhsdfh.jpg (622x334, 124.87K)

Thanks for sharing, be sure to let leddit know so you can get a boat.

"People have no idea how badly our country has been treated by other countries.”

people have no idea how badly white people have been treated by minorities … race war trade war NOW

whats good for america is good for you

to the zognald shills inevitably drawn to post in this thread, explain how will this be beneficial to America.

Please do. They deserve it

Die consuming HFCS then, fucking nigger.

BASED TRUMP

Hans you are being unreasonable, for free trade to work you need to make certain concessions.
I tell you what, how about a promise that you can make SOME laws and you get a bit of that money back? America will choose how it's spent but you need to thank them for being so generous.

You're right, we do have very different views on this. I don't believe that at all. I'm not saying they've completely fallen off a cliff, but they are most certainly not the same. Theoretical potential if ideal conditions were realized is not the same as actual reality.
It can't be level because China has a significantly more massive population with very similar average intelligence without a government dedicated to its mongrelization and extermination or a majority of total racial aliens dominating it at home.
I think you would be better served, mil-shill, to avoid harping on incidents that are obviously the result of such crazy, free-for-all economic growth that charlatans and scammers take advantage. Rickety and shady construction was a very common occurrence in the US during our industrial boom. Meanwhile, China is building a railroad network that practically spans the globe, is buying up Western technology at a breakneck pace, has already effectively colonized the entirety of the North American Pacific coast, and is in the middle stages of destroying the US dollar.

It won't that's the point.

less foreign goods with the same domestic demand means increases in domestic supply so more jobs if the other countries don't pay up
if they do pay up we get free shekels for nothing

you don't need any refined sugars in your diet at all, just walk away from diabeetus fam. opt out.

Enjoy your eventual brain damage. I'll stick with maple syrup for the rare occasions I crave sweets.

Attached: 1426528779255.jpg (300x449, 103.57K)

I think the thing you're sort of glossing over here is "pay up" for what? Buy American gas instead of Russian? Buy a Chevrolet instead of a BMW? Buy whatever appliances are still made in America instead of a Bosch? Buy GMO frankenfood from Colorado or Iowa instead of Burgundy or Puglia?

with a tariff the other countries would need to pay to have their goods exported to USA
hence "pay up"

No, I understand how a tariff works. The tariffs are being threatened and levied because these other countries don't buy American products. They don't buy American products because they are inferior, nigger-made trash. The only real agricultural market for America is China's exploding zerg hive. When Trump was campaigning, there was a real hope that he understood the genuine, root problems with the US economy. He very well might, but he certainly doesn't intend to address them. He is content to try to threaten other countries into giving the US a bigger cut even in the face of these structural problems.

They won't. Buy 'murrican instead. And say goodbye to most planes by the way, Canada has most of the aluminium production in the west.

Attached: bcf192_6492491.png (1293x1407, 613.08K)

whoops, currency free, not current free.

Yet I don't see Murrica creating jobs for what they impose tariffs on. Anyway it will get bombed by terrorist leftist eco-groups.That's how fucked the US is right now.

What will they do? Raise their tariffs to the same level?
Oh wait the US just matched the tariffs put against it.
Don't be surprised that your economy goes into the shitter when you become dependent on theft and the operation gets countered.

Attached: 2YLUjc.jpg (1031x1070, 120.47K)

Are you sure user? In 2017 many manufacturing companies moved their operations back to the us. Foxconn and ford are the two biggest ones off the top of my head. I know you don't know how to read as evidenced again by but theyre just 2 of over 50 examples of industry returning to american shores. Do they just hire any shitskin to come shill nowadays?

With reserve currency status, it's actually the other way around. The US doesn't make much of anything other countries actually need – it has outsourced the vast majority of its productive capability. So the US relies on occupation and military coercion to keep people in line and willing to trade real goods for functional toilet paper. With both the shattered illusions of US military supremacy and the increasing domestic calls to do something about foreigners "taking advantage" of the US which results in restricting access to the US consumer market for the very intended vassals that the US demands accept its petrodollar, the end result is going to be a mass abandonment of the JewSA.

Isn't that the trade extortion racket that's effectively run by the US?

I have rarely seen 3 (you)s in a single post, thank you user. I actually didn't know foxconn returned to the US, must be why their cables are awesome compared to 2 years ago. Old cables failed after a month.

Phoneposting is a blessing and a curse. Im not sure if theyve finished their factories stateside but I know the average manufacturer was expecting finished good production to start by at least 2019.

Oh look the JIDF blackpill division is back in full force. Glad to see this kind of (((intellecutal diversity))) back on Zig Forums

Not really. The US's industrial base was built up over a century and has been largely dismantled while education was made as expensive as possible and infected with as much niggerization as could be arranged. You don't just flip a switch and it's all better.

By the way I realized I fucked up, I read sucrose as sucralose, which is far different. Anyway, the cables I have are 2 months in and they still work perfectly.

[citation needed]
In your wet dreams leftypol.

Attached: 8c1.png (600x555, 281.44K)

Filtered.

If the US made so many things that other countries needed, genuinely needed, then why is there a trade deficit? The same way you don't technically need a Mercedes because a Lincoln could technically suffice, works in the exact inverse. You understand, right?

Dear Anons, you do realize the 25% tariffs placed on industrial manufacturing material will cause higher prices in everything that is related from consumer goods to construction material.

If the prices rise to a level that the consuming or construction slows down significantly, these is the possibility that manufacturing will be scaled back and jobs will disappear.

The shitskins and kikes will be cleansed in under 10 years, kike. Trump bought time but not even he can stop the war that is coming.
So you see, there is no reason to worry about spiclets, we will kill them long before they grow a beard.

Attached: 1485311752748.jpg (608x331, 162.67K)

Anyone here know if, or how much, aluminum and steel that supposedly originates from Canada, the EU, and Mexico actually comes from China?

Which speaks volumes to how close to the edge they are for them to react like they did.
It won't be long now, not long at all, till some little hiccup will set it all spiraling out of control.

Oh, how cute.
:(
Is that the reply (You) wanted?

Aluminum and Iron are the third and fourth most-abundant elements in the Earth's crust, respectively.
We won't be hurting for long.
In fact, it may spur innovation on our part.

Canada doesn't make any steal anymore. Hamilton is an unemployed hellhole of muds and crack whores.

DRUMPF IS A KIKE! DRUMPF IS A KIKE! DRUMPF IS A KIKE OWNED BY PUTIN, JUST LIKE SPENCER!! I'm NOT retarded, so stop saying that! GOd-damn, I hate Drump and Kampfy so damn much!

255X255
Do better next time. No shitty jpg and pixelation either.

Top kek, niggers have no innovation, they steal and appropriate whatever others make.

It is useless to discuss that with 3D chess nigger.
For us a weakened and slipping into irrelevancy USA is better, they were undermining us for to long, stripped us of important resources, the value of our work. God riddance.
Our problems are different, that are the regimes they have installed in our countries holding us down and now trying to colonize us with masses of nigger.
Another problem is the US IT monopoly they managed to install with the help of the traitor regimes. Eleminating basicly all of our own communication and IT industry, bugging our economy inside out.
So for the time we should welcome Chinas rise as a competitor to the USA. Primarily as an opportunity to get rid of the USA.

Checked and Heil'd for raging kikeshills and their pathetic attempts to fit in.

Attached: Auschecken_diese_Nummern.jpg (236x306, 12.53K)

That is true. Last place around here which used to mine Iron closed down, thanks to chinks. Only aluminium mines survived out of the 2.

America never saved anyone.

Okay great?
So we build it back up which creates an incredible amount of jobs and internal profit for the people of the country.
Tell me, how is that bad or contrary to my argument?

No they didn't, yet they flaunt their BS everywhere and censor anyone who don't want to suck their cock.

That's a strength on our the US's side - not (((your))) side - as the US is already pulling by with little exports. So what now, are these countries going to turn off exports to the US? Oh no, we have to internalize manufacturing. HOW HORRIBLE THE US WILL BE AN ISOLATED MANUFACTURING GIANT AGAIN.

I see you can not read.

who buys more steel from who?

~4.5 million tons in 2017 (55% of all of their imported steel)
~6 million tons in 2017 (17% of all their imported steel)

so who do you think would be hurt more? canadian businesses that make up 17% of where we get our steel from? or US businesses which makes up 55% of where they get their steel from?

It's not bad, it's backwards. You build it up BEFORE the trade war. It's why Trump folded like a cheap suit over Chinese firm ZTE – the Chinks started holding up pork and Fords at the docks and the US has literally nobody else to sell those things to. Trump is taking a page out of Herbert Hoover's book.
>not (((your))) side
I am an American. I'm just White, not a kike or a shitskin so I don't reflexively support the ZOG policies and root problems that have gotten us here.

Its not like you have to keep a record of where it originally comes from so its always going to be hard to say.
But I can tell you none of it is made in Britain. Ours is all closed down now due to overseas imports. All the hippies here dont want heavy industry so they put taxes on everything. Overseas governments are doing the opposite and subsidising the prices of their steel exports. Nobody can compete like that.

Interestingly a lot of our steel comes from India now. They are Chinas biggest compettition in steel production which nobody seems to have mentioned so far.

I think that will be their angle to the extent that it is possible. Whether or not the numbers can be made to work with other markets picking up the slack, or enough of the slack, will be apparent by which direction Europe goes in with regards to Trump's ultra-zionist, anti-Nationalist stance on Iran.

Damned shame, that.
Amazing how people ignored the inescapable truth that outsourcing your materials production is slipping the noose around your nation's neck.

Funny (and not in a ha-ha way) how you can gauge the racial composition of a city by the type of narcotics prevailing there.
Every rust-bucket town still consisting of a White majority I've visited has invariably been heroin.

Do (You) even into satire? ;^)

Chinks buying out everything out has been the standard story I've encountered in Canada.
A place in Northern Manitoba has a shuttered gold mining and processing facility that the Chinks are beside themselves trying to acquire (if they haven't already) because modern refining techniques makes the gold left there quite profitable.

But I can tell you none of it is made in Britain

Another damned shame.
If there ever is another regional/World War, countries that lost their industries, like ours, are going to be fucked, depending on how the lines fall between ourselves and our suppliers.
Which may be a reason there will be no war: we've been neutralized before the first volley was launched…

A pajeet owns most of Europes steel industry

Global pork production is actually set to decline where as Chinas demand for it has increased sharply.
China desperately needs to increase the supply coming in to keep the prices down. Not reduce it.
One of the metrics of Chinas success is that each year millions more rural Chinese can afford to eat meat. Where in years past they were vegetareans simply due to being poorfags. If that basic luxury becomes unavailable it would undermine the ruling party by spoiling their record of steady progress.

It actually costs canadians more than americans.

Its a contest of "who blinks first" and I don't think canada is in a position to make america blink first. Also, did anyone notice they did not talk about lumber, the thing usa imports more of from canada than any other resource?