Poland Wants an American Garrison: Let Germany Do It!

Poland Wants an American Garrison: Let Germany Do It!

Before taking office Trump seemed to understand that European free-riding was counterproductive. What about now?

Uh,oh

For years American officials have variously demanded, urged, and begged European governments to increase military outlays. For years the Europeans have instead reduced their spending, manpower, and procurement. There has been a slight uptick in their defense efforts under President Donald Trump, but most NATO members, including large and important nations such as Germany, Italy, and Spain, aren’t coming close to meeting the official standard of spending 2 percent of their GDPs on defense.

Now Poland, which fell just short of that level last year, is requesting that Washington establish a permanent base and garrison. Warsaw says it will kick in a couple billion dollars, while Washington can pick up the change on its way to confronting nuclear-armed Russia in a crisis.

But instead of sticking America with yet another tab, it would make more sense for Poland to send its bill to Berlin. German Chancellor Angela Merkel has called for European leadership on defense. But her coalition partners won’t let the continent’s dominant nation and biggest economy meet its military obligations. The Germans should garrison their neighbor in return for the cash.

The transatlantic alliance made sense when it was established in 1949. Western Europe was still recovering from World War II and Joseph Stalin’s Soviet Union was a cautious predator. The continent required time to reestablish something approaching a reasonable balance of power.

Still, Dwight Eisenhower, who served as NATO’s first Supreme Allied Commander, warned against a permanent American presence that would “discourage the development of the necessary military strength Western European countries should provide themselves.”

Allied outlays remained anemic even after the continent’s recovery. The end of the Cold War triggered a rush to demobilize while NATO expanded toward the new Russian Federation’s shrunken borders—despite contrary Western assurances given to Soviet and later Russian officials. Few considered how to defend new members, essentially treating the alliance as a gentleman’s club to which every respectable nation should belong.

The Russo-Georgian war of 2008 and especially the 2014 conflict between Ukraine and Russia have since reminded Europeans that NATO is, in fact, a military alliance. Yet only “new” Europe, as Donald Rumsfeld called it, seemed much worried about Moscow’s intentions, demanding guarantees that the alliance would hold off Vladimir Putin and his hordes.

“Old” Europe offered its formal assent but not much more. Instead, Washington created a special budget line to augment its forces in Europe. First came the European Reassurance Initiative, which then morphed into the European Deterrence Initiative. At $6.5 billion this year, the EDI spends more than Belgium, Denmark, Romania, and Greece devote to their entire militaries. Meanwhile, the pending National Defense Authorization sets as policy an “increased United States presence in Europe through additional permanently stationed forces, including logistics enablers and a combat aviation brigade,” along with “increased United States pre-positioned military equipment, including munitions, logistics enablers, and a division headquarters” and “sufficient and necessary infrastructure additions and improvements throughout Europe.”

Attached: 1528358150888.png (1220x1180, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theamericanconservative.com/articles/poland-wants-an-american-garrison-let-germany-do-it/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cont.
Vladimir Putin is an unpleasant character, but he is not suicidal. Russia today looks a lot like the pre-1914 Russian Empire, intent on having its interests respected and its borders protected. Taking back Crimea, which hosts the Black Sea base at Sevastopol, and preventing Georgia and Ukraine from joining NATO were obvious and important interests. But Putin would stand to gain little from triggering full-scale war by invading one or more of the Baltic States or Poland, the most nervous alliance members.

Most of Europe agrees with this assessment. The specter of Russian aggression simply does not frighten. Europeans recognize that Russian troops are not going to march through their neighborhoods, so why spend more on defense? Especially since Uncle Sam can be trusted to play his default role.

The recent increase in allied outlays isn’t great and isn’t likely to be sustained. Only four European countries last year hit 2 percent of GDP on defense. Most of the others are unlikely to ever reach that level, irrespective of their promises.

All this has left “New” Europe dissatisfied. So Warsaw wants the U.S. to offer extra protection directly, even though we already maintain two combat brigades in Germany and Italy has an equivalent force that rotates through Eastern Europe. Warsaw, however, wants its very own American garrison.

Declared the Polish defense ministry: “Poland is a steadfast ally of the United States and is committed to advancing our shared interests and values, which increasingly are being threatened by Russian interference. A permanent U.S. presence in Poland will ensure that both nations can continue to advance, strengthen, and protect these values and interests.”

At least the Poles offered to contribute $1.5 billion to $2 billion to the effort, saying, “The Government of Poland understands that such a burden must be shared,” and “such expenses cannot and should not be financed by one country alone.” Which, admittedly, is contrary to what most European governments believe.

Still, this is an awful idea. First, Moscow doesn’t threaten America. And nothing suggests Russia plans to attack Poland. Merely being in NATO does not entitle member states to a U.S. military unit stationed within their borders.

Second, Polish analysts worry that the proposed contribution will be deducted from outlays to improve their own country’s military. Lukasz Kister of the Jagiellonian Institute warns that “The proposal to pay the U.S. for ensuring our security raises doubts we will be able to finance the modernization of our own armed forces.”

Third, the proposal ignores the fact that the major cost of commitments such as NATO isn’t in overseas basing, but in creating extra units. The more and greater Washington’s military guarantees, the larger the force that is required.

Fourth, American soldiers are not mercenaries to be rented out to the highest bidder. If the Poles really believe themselves to be at risk, they should spend not 2 percent of GDP on their military, but 5 or 10 percent, perhaps even more. They should ask themselves how much their freedom is worth.

There is, however, an obvious solution. Some 240 years ago Great Britain hired “Hessians,” who came from several German principalities, to fight against American revolutionaries. Poles could hire modern “Hessians” to guard Poland.

After all, Chancellor Merkel responded to President Trump’s criticism of Europe’s defense dependence by calling on Europeans to “take our fate into our own hands.” Alas, Berlin’s behavior has yet to reflect her rhetoric—but Germany is contributing 450 soldiers to a NATO mission in Lithuania. That’s a start.

final
The biggest problem today is that Berlin’s actions don’t match its words. In 2014, Merkel’s last government promised to hit 2 percent of GDP by 2024. She recently said reaching that level is “not completely beyond the imagination.” But in 2015, total German defense spending dropped to 1.1 percent. During last year’s election campaign, the opposition Social Democrats hardened their position against expenditures that, from Berlin’s standpoint, make no sense, since the likelihood of a Russian attack on Germany is only a bit greater than that of a Martian invasion.

German Defense Minister Ursula von der Leyen recently expressed a desire “to reach defense expenditures of 1.5 percent of GDP in 2025.” However, the coalition budget caps military outlays at 1.3 percent.

This helps explain the judgment of the Atlantic Council’s Jorge Benitez: “The readiness of the German military is abysmal.” During a recent assessment, the German army had 244 tanks, but only 95 were battle-ready. None of the country’s six (count ‘em, six!) submarines were in service. Not one Eurojet fighter was combat-ready. Just 8 percent of German soldiers said they trusted their weapons.

Alas, admitted Hans-Peter Bartels, parliamentary commissioner for the armed forces: “the Bundeswehr as a whole cannot currently be used in the collective defense.” With dramatic understatement, he noted: “Additional efforts are necessary.”

Obviously the Bundeswehr could use Poland’s $2 billion.

What does Europe need for its defense? Inadequate resources is not a problem. The continent enjoys about 12 times the economic strength of Russia. Italy’s GDP alone is larger than that of Russia. Moreover, the Europeans have more than three times Russia’s population.

Yet none of the nations worried in principle about Russian aggression act worried about it in practice. Bulgaria, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, and Romania respectively devote 1.53, 1.73, 1.75, 1.80, 1.99, and 2.08 percent of their GDPs to their militaries. That compares to America’s 3.57 percent.

They have no reason to do better so long as the U.S. will do it for them. President Trump said that European laggards would be “dealt with,” but they have no reason to change as long as Washington continues to subsidize them. For instance, despite its irresponsible defense policy, Germany continues to host some 35,000 American troops.

Before taking office, the president seemed to understand that America’s defense of Europe was counterproductive. But he surrounded himself with officials determined to increase U.S. military entanglements. And the Polish government is lobbying hard. Opined Polish defense minister Mariusz Blaszczak: “The decisions on this matter are moving in a good direction,” by which he meant bad for the American people.

The president should tell Warsaw no. If Poland doesn’t want to raise more of its own soldiers, then it should hire a few Hessians from its German neighbor.

Doug Bandow is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute and a former special assistant to President Ronald Reagan. He is author of Foreign Follies: America’s New Global Empire.

theamericanconservative.com/articles/poland-wants-an-american-garrison-let-germany-do-it/

The Poles would be retarded to rely on the German military.

t. German

Sound nice but I do not think both the germs and poles would accept.

I would too tbh

Attached: Ben_Garrison.jpg (172x166, 25.75K)

Niggers go to Poland
NO

Already happened. People were really eager to see their first nigs, they crowded round an American AV and stopped it from continuing, once the soldiers have gotten out people started taking pictures of them, and climbing the vehicle to have their picture taken.

Attached: 26F1B0FD00000578-3009704-image-a-37_1427215293723.jpg (962x597 250.17 KB, 166.77K)

I thought I was the only one to misread that…

Americans are in Poland to stop the BND from (((restoring order, democracy and rule of law))) that is up to rigorious (((EU standards))).
Russia is a boogeyman
Territorial Defense Forces use muh russia as a recruitment driving boogeyman, while in reality their organization, goals and structure is targeted towards stopping ukrainian bydlo from doing Wolhynia 2

Was disappointed to open the thread and not have someone else notice earlier

You are a special brand of stupid, Grzegorz.

It's funny seeing Western media twist itself into pretzels to attack Poland because of a law that makes it illegal to blame Polish people for the Holocaust. Which even if the myths were true, the Polish were never blamed for.

Poland is a continually good supporter of NATO, by law their government has to spend the 2% needed to be in NATO. If they fell below the target it was likely because of currency depreciation or some other financial skullfuckery, and not intentional.

Attached: nato_spending_chart.jpg (1958x1506, 338.08K)

Does not compute

Your recent surge in ukrainian nationalism is a CIA operation to kill off more ukrops and have area ready for Israel 2, in case Iran, and then other neighboring angry muslims get a nuclear program: unless you're retarded enough to believe neocohens like McCain or kikes like Anna Applebaum just see how BASTE you are and decided to support you.

In case of war with Russia, Poland will be nuked, so that's clearly now what burger soldiers are there for

You were replying to a schizo

America uses Poland as it's main line of border conflict against Russia (which worked out so well for the Poles in WWI & WWII…), retarded zionist media fed Americans see this as Poland free loading off the zionist occupied states of America who want Poland to be the dumb patsies for when ZOG directs its golem America to initiate WWIII.

The sooner ZOG brings down America (economic bubble crash, who knows ?) the sooner the West can fight back without America being the golem to stop them defending their own territories from ZOG

Let the EU ar- I mean the German army take care of Poland's "far right problems".

Attached: 696.jpg (1024x696, 86.23K)

hahaha exactly what I was thinking. Poles will find out the hard way, like our honorary Aryans, the Japanese. Ask any of the japs if they are sick of nigger and spic U.S. service men committing violent crimes in the communities.

I cannot wait for an economic collapse here in the States. there will be a fucking cleansing

The singer might had been a commie but he ironically had the right idea, he just could not identify who the "enemies" were and where he stood.

Poland is a trash country. They deserve to be wiped out.

this

>begging to be occupied by (((America)))
What is there to like about Poland?

>Niggers flirting with Polish women constantly, most not having itI swear the women there are mostly 7 outta 10s
She was painfully average looking though

Attached: debcca6fc41d1c1627eb1fefbbd8a22f6ec23690dc541f3a826ea12059e03a95.jpg (365x349, 95.09K)

They are an ethnostate.

Both US and german army are majorly white.

Attached: agent smith evil laugh.webm (320x240, 697.17K)

No.

It wont just be an american collapse.
If your banks do down, so will ours luckily.

And you really think they will send their realible whites to protect a "problematic" nation? Which hurts (((their))) interests? Come on! We both know they will send their worst! The nigs and the turks, plus some useless cowards.

Yes.

For example, the niggers were a tiny minority in both the German garrison and Japan garrison.

Fighting is a white man's job.

American soldiers are neither white nor reliable. They are mutt trash. ZOG collaborators are honorary Jews and cannot be considered white.

t. D&C

False. American military is majority non-white. Your mestizo trash mutts aren't white, juan-pablo

Attached: fd0c892c528bfa4f80de98177eb012a71af2fa8d0b4e9a8e3ae346f52926b0f0.jpg (600x450, 179.93K)

Divide subhuman zogbots from real white people. What is the problem?

Fuck off d&c cunt, I am mostly Irish, a bit of britcuck with a dash of Czech.

But raping is for niggers.

I look forward to killing you all in the inevitable war to drive you out of Europe

You're an honorary kike if you are in the military. And you will be killed when the day comes if that is the case.

You think those lazy worthless muslims join the army?
Have you eveer met any in real life?

The solution is simple:

ABOLISH NATO

I personally don't think we should be here and I refuse to shoot facists or any right winged movement towards a independent Europe.

Feelsbadman, the only person who ever voices against Israel and folks look at me strange unsuprisgly.

Tough talk, bitch.

Except most americans are germanic/anglos, D&C kike.

Wrong, bitch, the stats back this up.

As America decays, we will get support from China and wipe you fuckers out. Enjoy your time serving Israel while it lasts, zogbots.

No, since "white" in America includes mongrels, mestizos, quadroons, Arabs, Hindus, etc. American racial stats are not at all reliable. American military is not white.

I appreciate the anti D&C you're doing, but you're not going to get any love here being from the military. Israel has used the American military since it became a state to push war. It's undeniable, and that's why people call you zogbot. You, and people like you, either ignorantly or willingly chose to fight for ZOG.

Meant to say knowingly. Everyone does it willingly.

I wont disagree with this, I just had a incredible itch of duty that I couldn't resist. Almost regret it now.

Come on. Posting here, you should regret it 100%, and I'm betting you do. The "duty" you felt was your reaction to indoctrination and hopelessness created by the jew. Your willful ignorance of educating yourself led you the the military, and the regret you felt after led you here.

Attached: 6.gif (290x198, 993.38K)

Loving nu/pol/

I was just giving you a hard time you guys are alright

I refer you to this post:

It's a serious question.

I say almost because despite wanting to leave, I have gained alot of insight and positive personal improvement. It's opened my eyes in more ways than one and I have met some good soldiers along the way that have helped with that.

but the natives are already niggers

Attached: typical pole.jpg (471x400, 118.55K)

Well at least they pogrom jews. That's magnitudes better on every aspect. Kikes are no friends of poles either unlike niggers.

American garrisons is too small to deal with Polish Army (which is the largest in Europe now). These symbolic US garrisons in the Baltic ect are scapegoats in teh case of Russian invasion (nonrussain nonivasion thereisnorussaiantroopsinthecremea if you are triggered tatar). To conquer country Russians need to kill these garrisons first and this is trigger for the war with US. Insurance that US actually takes actions besides deep concerns. Not 100% guarantee but better than noting.

About that….

Attached: jews of central europe .jpg (4782x3936, 3.96M)

That's the willful ignorance I was talking about. We both know you can gain insight, personal improvement, and eye opening knowledge without the military. Like I said:
Instead of using that reaction to confront the hard truths and educate yourself about (((who))) was causing all these societal ills, you chose to get in line and have someone tell you what to do.

Not trying to put you down by the way, being here on Zig Forums shows that you at least seek the knowledge you gave up earlier in life.

This is why you will need to be killed. Soldiers will always be more loyal to the military, and it's why you're our enemy.

I know I could of gained the same insight eventually but who knows how long that would of taken if I didn't go down this route.
>Instead of using that reaction to confront the hard truths and educate yourself about (((who))) was causing all these societal ills, you chose to get in line and have someone tell you what to do.
I knew before joining sadly, and sometimes it takes another person to realize what you are doing is wrong.

Guess my previous posts just flew over your head huh bud?

Attached: e0ba2dcce709ce03e0dab22a94aaad96b774eef4253cd2c41b7c4cbec528ed37-co.png (638x480, 128.26K)

Thats idiotic. For any kind of non-peaceful action against the (((powers))) to be successful, you need military men on your side.
Anyway, at worst the majority are being used as tools, they can be brought to our side.

But Yurop, how are you going to kill us when you've got no guns and are a completely irrelevant continent?

Translation: jewish gov bring zogbots to safeguard itself and diversity/immigrants.

Fuck off. Americans are another occupiers.

Thats how we know jews are complete shit - we had them for a long time on our lands.

Oh, so straight up invasion on Poland wouldnt warrant a response?. True "allies", like in 1939.

And they still wonder why people here consider them lower than Germans.

wait, how the flipping fuck is greece above all those other countries?

You make it sound like they had a choice in the matter. How is having ZOG's genocidal agenda forced on you by American military might "free riding"?

The military is like a sword, whoever wants to win will want to hold it.

The fags who dish the military here are complete idiots.

their national budget is like 10 dollars so they gave two dollars and fourty cents to buy icecream for some general's daughter

It's percentage of the nation's GDP, not raw amount spent.
Greece are poorfags, but they spend a higher percentage relative to their GDP.

Woodraw Wilson made it imperative to make Poland a nation again after WWI.
After WWII, despite working with Soviet kikes for the duration of the war, they fought the cold war against them because Soviet kikes would not give Eastern Germany to the Germans and Poland to the Poles.

US is determined to help Poland, not hurt it.

Not contributing your share of the defense budget is free riding. European countries have managed to get by with near-zero military spending for over half a century now because they expect that America will swoop in and provide military support if they ever need it.

Shouldn't have lost the war.

No. America needs other be destroyed. The system cannot be reformed. Obviously the US military will oppose that, so they will need to be killed. Simple as that. We will work with all enemies of America to ensure that as many American soldiers die as possible.

Smart move by Poland. This basically would make them untouchable militarily while they could spend time building their defense force up for the inevitable attack on their country from the now Muslim controlled former western allies.

But Yurop, you're a bunch of disarmed eunuchs. How will you ever fight anything?

Good luck with that lol.

Look at this idiot, even the bolsheviks relied on the army defection in order to topple their government, same for the "french revolution".

But of course, please entertain how you are going to kill all the government and the military with it, or worse, wish America to be invaded or nuked.

Wrong. US is determined to hurt Europe. Creating Poland and using it to divide Russia and Germany accomplishes that.

What? So you want Russian and germans to conquer Poland?

We will work with foreign enemies of America.

You glow in the dark, get the fuck out of here CIAnigger

You sure sound like a traitorous white killing son of a bitch right now.

I'm American. We will foment many secessionist and different racial identity groups (white, black, mestizo, etc.) to fracture the USA and pull it apart.

Well shit, maybe Yurop shouldn't have demolished itself over and over again if they didn't want buffer zones to be created. You guys couldn't get your shit together for centuries, so America came in and created a buffer to try to keep you from demolishing yourselves yet again. Yet despite our help, you've still failed to unfuck yourselves, with the result that Yurop today is a dystopian overly-bureaucratic multinational coalition of irrelevant nations.

We have IDs here.

America is the biggest enemy of whites on earth. Always has been. Pro-white and pro-American are mutually exclusive positions. If some American whites need to be killed so that whites can be saved on global scale, then we will be glad to do it.

The most hilarious thing about the entire affair is that Poland was already created as a nation state by the Germans on former Russian territory with the treaty of Brest-Litwosks.
There military was even called the "polnische Wehrmacht"

You wouldn't have the damn roach banning people here anymore, shitskin.

White pride worldwide.

You will be identified and terminated long before you cause any issues. Been watching what has happened to your "comrades" of late and how many have mysteriously gone missing or been nabbed by the feds? They have been getting obliterated and disappeared often the past few years which is good. Whichever agency or group is doing it.. well done to them.

You provide a perfect example of how Americans are the enemy of whites and will need to be killed.

You're right. America didn't create a new Polish state. America created an independent Polish state.

How, by killing whites in America?

More brother wars, that's what you want?

And I never even implied I was not American in this thread.

This hasn't happened. Fake news.

But it is good to see you Amerikikes openly siding with the Jews over white people. It will make it that much easier in the future to convince people that you need to be killed.

america is the white nation … all other nations are trash shit

I see you're staying true to your bitchy Yurop-style "someone offended me, so they should die" mentality. You'd fit in great with some Austrian archduke or terminally offended German princeling.

When you are openly declaring your loyalty to Jewry over whites, then you are not brothers. Most Americans are enemies of whites.