If you haven't read Plato's Republic, then you are not educate

Plato nailed the current year:

Attached: themostimportantbookinhistory.jpg (328x499, 45.37K)

tldr Plato says the signs of Tyranny approaching are:

Same shit. Different millennium.

Come back when you learn basic grammar and how to make a proper OP.

I have been told by (((academics))) that Plato supported faggotry and kid-diddling, please provide sources destroying these kike claims.

don't need any sources. just faggots projecting as usual.

You're missing a comma.

Kill yourself roach.

You are wrong.
t. teacher.

shills trying hard to derail

This was the benefit of a classical education and why it is no longer provided to progressive children today. It formulates analytical thought, the history of the past, if forgotten will be relearned.

Exactly this; critical thought was replaced by (((critical theory))).

What's so sad is these people thinking they're on the "right side of History" when they're just ignorantly repeating it.

Attached: 43543hj.png (248x236, 243.51K)

Was that how this exchange went down?

You make a fair point and it is sad to observe, but whom you're referring to are not people to begin with–they're just talmudvision-programmed bugmen and shabbos goyim. On the brighter side, they're birth rates are rock bottom and the msm industry that poisoned their minds is dying even faster than the boomers that supported it.

While the infographs I've posted may sound cold and utterly cruel by describing these unexceptional individuals as soulless NPCs, the analogy isn't too far off from reality when you consider how little their world of marvel movies, tumblr, reddit, and sportsball actually is. Reflect on the goals, aspirations, and ideals you've placed upon yourself and sought to achieve and then ask yourself if any of the plebs you have to socialize with have come close to that.

Attached: Limit of souls2, roman boogaloo.png (1265x604 136.6 KB, 263.84K)

Exactly. If you look at leftist "arguments" now it's all parroted, none of it is real as it comes mostly from media and authority, nor do they handle the basic intellectual principle of learning their opponents positions or entertaining their ideas.

Pretty much, only "she" mumbled about a section in The Republic and failed again to provide an actual page number when pressed.

See pic related and consume bleach.

Attached: Divide and kike.jpg (3800x1904, 1.57M)

I assure you that my ancestry is 100% pure white german, unlike those dirty greeks.

It was very noticeable during the run up to the Trump election. A scandal, or a breaking event would be posted here and on 4chan, then Reddit and there would be a few hour delay while centralized authority decided to come up with a command 0(((talking points))) for the drones to follow, and then twitter would light up with hundreds of thousands of tweets, and the shills would flood the chans but during the 4 to 8 hours preceding that, nothing from the drones at all.

The Symposium.
Plato has Socrates depict philosophical eros as explicitly heterosexual, and depicts the characters praising homosexual behavior as immature, intemperate, and otherwise defective (with the sole exception of Aristophanes, whose speech isn't to be taken at face value).

Plato talks about them too:
Jews and their drones. Cut them out like a cancer.

Plato's ideal Republic is a basically a totalitarian communist state. Marxists all believe they are "philosopher-kings" whose duty is to impose their will on humanity for the greater good. His student Aristotle BTFO'd him on every point. Plato and The Republic are good to know, but Aristotle is the real father of Western thought.

see pic. Also, remember ancient historians often talked shit about people they didn't like, and uncritically believed the (((rumors))) they were told about certain societies.

Attached: 096854035968403-596.png (1277x1879, 342.38K)

while we're here

Plato didn't really say; Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Scholars say it's not in the Dialogues, or anywhere else, etc.

Plato's republic was created assuming a number of ideal conditions which communism also assumes. I highly doubt he believed such a republic possible, it was more a framing device for his explanation of justice than a true template for what government should be. I don't think you should be so hard on him.

Every time I here a laughable claim like that I remember that shitty phrase I first heard in a CoD game.
I certainly didn't think such a throwaway phrase would turn out so true.

What if I just read the Upanishads instead?

I wish more people were interested in this discussion

Would conservacucks ever learn?

Attached: 760044.jpg (600x800, 88.37K)

>>>Zig Forums

Plato's Republic shouldn't necessarily be read as a sincere depiction of his ideal society. It's not completely unreasonable to think that it is, but there are enough things in the text that suggest otherwise that you shouldn't assume it going in.
The problem is that you have a whole bunch of fucking retards who read the Republic first, rather than starting with simpler dialogues so they can learn how to read Plato, and end up interpreting it the same way they would a normal philosophical treatise, which is wrong. Plato is not just writing a philosophical treatise, he's writing literature. If you start with his sequence about the death of Socrates (Euthyphro, Apology, Crito, Phaedo) this is obvious, but people don't do that anymore because they're not interested in the topic of the Euthyphro.

Thanks a ton anons, that's exactly what I wanted.

The phrase "There is nothing new under the sun" is more true than people think.

My irony for the day.

THE REPUBLIC IS THE MODEL FOR US

"The Laws" is Plato's follow-up book to "The Republic." Plato openly admits that the ideal society of Philosopher Kings that he writes about in The Republic is not a society that could exist in real life. He wrote "The Laws" to discuss practical laws that a real society could implement to come as close as possible to the Philosopher Kingdom.

It makes me sad to imagine being raised with that unbelievably well-rounded education some people used to get. I'm imagining the timeline where I'm sent to a military boarding school that teaches me the Classics, Science, Math, Philosophy, and an extremely Aryan interpretation of Hinduism, Christianity, and other religions. The current education system is such an abomination in comparison to what it could be. You don't learn shit, but still pretty much have your childhood ruined.

Yep, I'm having to spend every last drop of my twenties doing what I should have been doing in my teens.

Overrated.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (580x567, 50.23K)

holy shit your dumb. let me fix that for you. "your, missing a comma."

Attached: how to write good.jpg (640x376 49.6 KB, 34.99K)

REEEEEEEE

Attached: joke flew past you.gif (448x352, 958.72K)

The republic is a good read, but the ideas for structuring society are untenable.

The central argument boils down to

The only decent things he advocates for are eugenic breeding and meritocracy.

When he stars constructing the analogy of the city to explain justice he should have stopped at the concept of how different people need to rely on one another because each specializes in a job and when people can't rely on one another this system falls apart.

That would be a sufficient argument to refute the ring of gyges argument, because you cannot have luxuries and pleasures in a broken system, so the invisible unjust man would be self defeating by acting unjustly.

Not true.

Marx clearly stole HEAVILY from Plato, but Plato only advocates the abolition of property for the ruling class, while the retaining of private property for the working class. In this way, people who desire material power and wealth will have no incentive to become rulers.

Why do you even want to pick a school of thought, or a philosophy, or a religion, or…??? Either your mind works analytically and you can think for yourself, or you adopt someone ele's canned thought like a slave.

How could you read every single page of that book and come out the other side with such a dull and shallow interpretation? You missed the point completely. The Republic is about the natural order and how, no matter what restrictions you put on people, they will always gravitate back to the natural order. The are some people that are better than others. Fitness combined with wisdom results in the apex citizen. Nobody can master everything. Evilness leads to ruin. It's the fucking bible before the bible was written. Anyone criticizing such an amazing work of literature is obviously stupid enough to think that they are more enlightened than Plato.

Attached: 1499599833770.jpg (550x822, 227.1K)

Ancient Greeks were white. Just because Turks live in Greece now doesn't retroactively turn white people from 2000 years ago brown.

Holy shit I didn't realize it was possible to be that stupid.

Well Greeks WERE stupid. They thought that Earth is the center of the universe and didn't know what oxygen or vitamin C is. Dumb.

Attached: 24324.jpg (1302x112, 91.52K)

That is not being dumb. You only know the Earth isn't the center of the universe because people and/or educational material told you so. If such understanding didn't come to you from others, you wouldn't know any better.
Wisdom != knowledge.

KILL ALL THE ARTISTS
Sounds marxist to me.
Maybe why the US has enacted almost the entire thing.
Even the "just lie" and rigged voting systems (sex lottery).

Not greeks, you. Reset your router again and try one more time.

Literally not a ruler. I've got Plato on my shelf, but everything I've read in this thread makes him sound like a stupid child.

Someone should translate it into modern English. It's a bit archaic and in grammar and diction; it reads like the King James Version bible.

Ever read the fables that get (((cut out))) of every modern edition of Aesop fables?

Let alone translated properly.

Attached: ZeusandShame.png (661x224, 16.85K)

Montaigne says OP is a faggot

You should have used a colon.

Marx actually thought communism would be good for the arts since it would give more people free time to make it. Didn't turn out that way though.

Reading Plato, Socrates and Aristotle should be a requirement in any person's education. Also Pythagoras, not just for his theorem but for his philosophies as well.

The priest class is a waste of fucking time for all of history. Mystery school priest faggots are at least obviously retarded… unless you go to mystery school yourself of course.

we are a mystery school, kid

I'd like to think you're just trolling, but I'll bite. Basic empirical facts that we take for granted such as that water is really H2O are the product of hundreds of years of scientific and technological efforts. The greeks were not dumb because they thought things such as that the earth was the center of the universe, they simply came too early in history for information about oxygen or vitamins to be available. If you talked to Plato or Aristotle and demonstrated the evidence that water is really H2O, they would be convinced by you; they were philosophers and facts like those were not particularly important to them.

The Republic explains why democracy is shit.

The system it offers is a type of republic/meritocratic kingdom, but that's because Plato was living in an era where no other systems existed. He didn't even have words to describe fascism.

Attached: fasces28.jpg (474x411 51.58 KB, 31.19K)

No. This place is toxic to priests.
ps. This is the third secret of Thoth please don't tell the uninitiated.

Are you the asshole in every thread making asshole comments and saging? Don't you have anything better to do, or are you paid by the post to try to discourage people from posting on here?

Shills like you trying to fuck this place up will be dealt with the same as kikes.

A comma there would only be needed for clarity, because it's a two-item list

Thank you. A sane voice in a sea of shit this board has become.

uh oh, guess what you just did faggot.

And for the numbnuts who haven't read it yet: While the title in English is "The Republic", Plato is not talking about muh [only] democracy [in the Middle East]. It's a shitty translation and in many other languages the title of his musing is simply "The State" or similar. In fact, were he alive today, Plato would despise the forms of government that are currently on offer in the world and probably go on a rampage. Actually, he would probably be like Hitler. Hitler was like a man raised from the ancients in his clarity of thought, sanity and action, suddenly awoken to a world of lies, insane stupidity and bugmen.

He might well have been Hitler, or Hitler been him, and it is why they destroyed Hitler and made a caricature of him that even many of the people on "our" side believe in.

only comment that matters here, everyone needs to read The Laws before they can even pretend to comment intelligently about what Plato "believed." not that anyone will as it's too long and complex to be handwaved away with some idiotic one-liner worthy of a Harvard freshmen seminar on privilege.

I read half of it a while back but got caught up in personal issues, so I thank you kindly for reminding me. Gotta start over though. Don't remember my place in it.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (500x333, 35.57K)

Neo-platonism and Hermeticism ftw.

Shiggity diggity beep bop boop

Attached: Lain reality bleed.gif (806x900 481.48 KB, 1.37M)

heh

Even without reading it, this is common sense for anyone who can observe things critically.

Everyone who lacks critical observation probably wouldn't read it anyways

Attached: Screenshot_20180624-124400_Firefox.jpg (669x733, 124.89K)

hmmm

How the fuck are you supposed to practice that?
Is lain an egregore? Or is she an already entity revealed by SEL?

Attached: Lets all love Lain.gif (1005x742, 2.42M)

Socrates was already warning us long before him even.

This one hurts

Attached: oh shit face when hostage.jpg (480x480, 62.58K)

palto

The reason Plato is not maligned like Hitler and MUH classics

(((State)))?

Attached: plato democracy dictatorships liberty.jpg (719x960, 85.78K)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Attached: baby boomer 2.jpg (586x385, 45.89K)

>I have been told by (((academics)))

did those (((academics))) have any proof that supported their claims?

Don't feel too bad, user. I'm doing it in my late 30's. Other than a two Shakespeare plays from high-school English, my curriculum was completely devoid of classic literature. This is by design, because they want to sever the connection to wisdom and culture of the past; all the better for creating rootless cosmopolitans. But remember: you'll get more out of it studying for yourself because you chose the path, rather than having it forced upon you.

Should I bother to learn Latin and Green for reading the classics? I don't care for kiked "translations".

s/Green/Greek/

I like this type of discourse going on in this thread. Im happy that Zig Forums is getting back to the real debates like philosophical questions, linguistics/grammar, and mathematics.
It will truly be a great next 6 years with trump in office.

Attached: cat-reading-to-kill-a-mockingbird.jpg (1166x871, 316.73K)

Well, you know, you can't prove the Earth is a sphere.

8^)

< Nazism didn't result in enormous increases in the lives of the people of Germany

You are so cia-summer.

provide their sources so they may be debunked

I have no knowledge of these acusations nor any belife personaly of their merit

So, the thing is that Greeks had powerful ideas. This challenges kike hegemony. kikes have for a very long time hated Greece. What they hate most of all is that they loved wisdom. A culture which loves wisdom is kike-proof.

who the fuck are you replying too???

You're discussing debunking kikes. I'm continuing the concept of kikes hating Greece.

Debunking kikes is a waste of time. Force them to offer exceptional hard logic. They fail in every case, so, when dealing with intellectuals, kikes are swept from the room, easily - kikes rely upon fallacies entirely.

got it , thats what I was doing, I was by asking OP to respond with resources

yes we both know its a waste of time, plato lived in a time when logical discourse was of value

I think plato would agree that now the better sentiment is … fuck it , kill them all they dont want a republic they dont want a balanced life

they are savages, they are persons that use their skills to be a thief rather than to be a thief catcher (if you read the republic youll know that both must know the trade)

Checked.

There are two things:
1. theft
2. defiling

These are the heart of the liberal, the kike, the faggot.

They only get into arguments when there is conflict over the primacy of (1) vs (2), and where there is opportunity cost or a matter of impatience.