Current US soybean prices don't support farmers paying bills, says top industry official

cnbc.com/2018/07/12/fall-in-soybean-prices-from-china-trade-spat-leaves-farmers-struggling.html

Drink the soy. Drink the soy for MAGA.

Attached: fempepe.jpg (204x213, 9.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

extension.psu.edu/pumpkin-production
ag.tennessee.edu/cpa/Documents/Pumpkins for Profit Tour/Enterprise Budgeting.pdf
farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php?fips=00000&progcode=soybean
archive.fo/2OP6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How will the soy industry ever recover from Drumpf?

Attached: dumbledores_army.png (500x517, 175.39K)

Maybe if the lazy faggots would get of their asses and process the shit themselves instead of sending it ACROSS THE FUCKING PLANET and then back again just to poison themselves this wouldn't be happening. No pity for the shitheads who shut down all the potato shacks and dairy farms around here for more worthless bean farms.

I hope they never recover, America needs to be strong, stop soying the boys

What a shame.

Soy is animal feed.
It is processed through pigs and dairy cows.

Where will you get your soylent now, faggot?

Attached: 734a329d74ce5fcea137398a783fc0e566fa4dc1e08541e949693869d83cf578.png (600x777, 165.95K)

good, those fucking faggots are destroying the country. let's hope their monsanto (((soy))) farming neighborhood elementary schools get enriched with 45 year old afghan predators

Attached: cancer.png (760x587, 218.77K)

So stop producing soy, thats not an aryan crop.

Eat your soy.

Attached: soylent.jpg (750x750, 89.74K)

SOY TARIFFS
How upset are you about Drumpf cutting down soy production?

Pfft, fag.

I grew up across from a big field and when I was a kid, it was mostly corn and they only planted soybeans for "crop rotation" to fix nitrogen back into the soil so the soil would stay fertile.
Over the years, they switched out and started planting soybeans more and more until now when it is soybeans every year. I can't remember the last time that field was corn when I go back and visit.

Soy and corn are terrible cattle feeds. They have to be pumped full of antacids because it wrecks their digestive system.

All legumes fix nitrogen to the soil.
Nearly every other legume tastes better and contains less phytoestrogens than soy.
The faggot farmers planting soy as a crop rotation are farming a poison to save a buck when they could be farming good food instead.

Daily Reminder that farmers in the US sell their product BEFORE HAND on futures markets, therefore if anyone is losing money right now its INVESTORS in said futures markets. the idea that any farmer is struggling *right now* is absolutely preposterous

Attached: soylent open sleeve hand.jpg (484x383, 55.59K)

Good, soy sucks shit and is mostly gmo. It's the main weapon of the globalist used to create faggots. Hopefully they stop using it and soy oil gets removed from everything

Attached: Screenshot_20180703-211417_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 339.36K)

That alone was worth electing him.

Attached: 2b12c837fa2276e1dd6d03967426050c05a5fb99d2a2806e5da05fb679d8c692.jpg (632x482, 84.23K)

This does not hurt any farmer it hurts speculators that bought soybean futures and prepaid the farmer for their crop. Soy beans get harvested in September. The Farmers have almost half a year to decide what to plant next year to be profitable. Some break off soy beans and plant something else others keep at soy beans there is a run on soy beans next year and the price goes up and more speculation buying again.

Then stop growing soy you fucking turd nuggets

I think they also farm the soybean for the industrial applications of it, not just for food.

ITT we see the difference in anons that are urban retards or rural masterrace.

Let me guess, are we going to do a thread next week that it's ~145 to plant an acre of corn, and it's currently ~165 an acre to sell that corn? END OF THE WORLD!

This is why you plant tobacco and pumpkins.

Cotton breaks even.
Corn and soy pay the bills.
Pumpkins will send your kids to Harvard.

Thanks for injecting some sanity.

Don't forget to mention crop rotations too, so they might end up being forced to plant soybeans this year if they're farming properly.

Who the fuck buys pumpkins and why?

I hear the seeds are used for a lot of things.

Halloween and decorative mini pumpkins are great money makers. Doubly so because they're perfect for smaller scale stuff, and if you can do a yearly "Pick your own pumpkin patch" you don't even have to harvest the damn things.

extension.psu.edu/pumpkin-production

ag.tennessee.edu/cpa/Documents/Pumpkins for Profit Tour/Enterprise Budgeting.pdf

Lol.
Thanks for answering.

Can't wait for the Soypocalypse this fall. Elections have consequences, Jethro.

83,582,000 acres are dedicated to soy production in the USA, meaning 27,861,000 acres of American land, roughly the size of Tennessee, are being used to fuel an empire of bugs that aim to destroy us.
FUCK. THAT.

Attached: 1426467217270.jpg (600x706, 42.83K)

Companies that manufacture pumpkin spice and pumpkin pie mix. Pumpkin pies are one of the most popular pies in the US.

Holyfuck I now know, what my digestive system is so fucked, which in cause has side effects like increased anxiety, lower cognitive functioning

You're welcome. When you see the prices in stores, you'll know why pumpkins are valuable.

Like I said, the urban retards are going to out themselves quickly.

Oy Vey, muh soybean futures. MUH FUTURES! Futures market price.

So what they're saying is, the chinks are already switching to brazillian soybeans? Who would have guessed!

No kidding. Let Brazil destroy their land. Give American land to Americans so they can start their own family farms. No more corporate aggro sending food out of the US.

J'accuse, shalomblew

Hi, self-admitted paid shill. No one believes a single thing you say. You’ve destroyed your ID before you even began.

t. Zionist 'Splainer

Think of it like this: You are cow. What do cows eat? Cows eat grass and other greens. You are a white person. What do white people eat? Meat, dairy, oats, and seasonal greens/nuts/berries. Suddenly corn is introduced into the cows diet because it's easy to produce and corporate corn farmers get sweet subsidies. Cows never evolved to process corn. They get sick. Now we have to stuff them with antacids and other drugs to keep them from getting sick from the stuff they didn't evolve to eat. Another industry springs up to keep cows from getting sick from the stuff they were never meant to eat.

You are a white man. Your government subsidizes shit crop used to feed beef and dairy cattle. Mr. Shekelberg thinks: "Oy vey, da goyim are cattle, so why not feed them corn too!" Now Mr. Shekelberg's corporate farm is producing even more corn, and his brother, Mr. Shekelberg, has started a company that turns that corn into high fructose corn syrup. Yum, yum. Da goyim love sweets! Now you're a fat white person with diabetes, heat disease, and your joints are failing from not being meant to support 500 pounds of your fat ass. Don't work. Mr. Shekelberg has a cousin, Dr. Shekelberg, who will be happy to prescribe you medication that is produced by his uncle, Mr. Shekelberg, that will treat the diabetes, keep your heart from exploding for another 15 years, and dope you up so you don't feel that joint pain anymore, and so you can keep eating all of that wonderful food produced by Mr. Shekelberg! Bonus: If you become addicted to those pain pills Dr. Shekelberg prescribed he will refer you to his sister-in-law, Mrs. Shekelberg, who runs a rehab clinic that doesn't solve any of your problems, but does get back into enjoying the life that is killing you.

The wonders of Jewish capitalism! Don't forget to watch Mike and Molly at 7:00 PM on the CW.

Fuck them, they can grow another crop if it matters that much. It's part of the trade. Especially the factory farmers, and all of the other assholes who leech off of the taxpayer with bloated subsidies.

Corn-fed cattle are consumed as a result of two reasons - one, it effectively costs less because of subsidies; two, it enables the cattle to be raised in more confined spaces. Because of this, the majority of Americans are used to corn-fed, which leads to a distaste of the more gamey taste of grass-fed cattle. In terms of health reasons, grass-fed cattle are much better for human consumption, and are themselves much healthier animals.

To fix this, you cut off government subsidies. It's that fucking simple. The government shouldn't be paying jack shit to farmers.

Checked!

Soy long, yellow doggers!

(check'd)
It seems these (((officials))) either don't understand that soy is a subsidized crop, or don't want to mention it.
farm.ewg.org/progdetail.php?fips=00000&progcode=soybean
archive.fo/2OP6E
$35 billion dollar deficit from subsidizing Soybeans for 20 years!
The US taxpayer pays for soybeans to be grown. They have never been a profitable crop, and exist solely for kikes that issue deceptive loans to farmers, that they know they can not pay off, while getting kickbacks from the US government. They're taking advantage of depression era deals made to protect small farmers and our food supply, and these kikes are destroying them with it.

Attached: 1401769168896.jpg (340x320, 61.14K)

Keep memeing boys. SOYBOYS NO MORE!

Can we please force these farms to adopt robotics?

We know…

Attached: slow clap.gif (371x371, 252.42K)

Good. Fuck these welfare queens.

Ag subsidies are evil, even worse than giving the money to "urbans". For all their talk about bootstraps and their other fables, farmers sure do love their free shit on the government teet.

A (nationalist) government should be supporting small farmers, because small farmers reproduce at above-replacement levels and are self-sufficient. They are the natural bulwark against communist Jews, which is why they are the first target once commies take over a country. In America, small farmers have been destroyed over the past century.

Mega agricultural corps are what need to be removed.

Grow a plant that isn't soy, you disgusting faggots.

NO MERCY FOR RATS WHO MAKE THE BIOWEAPONS JEWS USE TO DESTROY WHITE MEN

actually, soy is a really, really good crop for crop rotation bc it stop the dirt from eroding and if i'm not mistaken it is a legume so it puts (potassium? some important nutrient) back in the soil, thereby decreasing dependence on fertilizers

Urban retard discovered.
Wait till you learn about alfalfa farming.

Read:

"Plum" sauce for your tendies is actually pumpkin sauce.

no fucking way. I dont believe you

Maybe mandate a more total shift towards soy-based plastics/paints stuff like that. Shift them over to hemp.

Attached: pumpkins.jpg (259x194, 8.07K)

theres still plum in there. If anything this means the plum content will go up and I get a higher quality plum sauce.

I dunno. I used to be really uptight and angry all the time. Since I substituted half of my meat diet with tofu I'm a lot more calm and satisfied with life.

I no longer even care if women don't like me. I'm good with it. I even have some gay friends now - they have excellent fashion sense.

That has more to do with your current semen intake. Reduce it back to 0 and the faggotry should subside.

The farmers around me in Ohio mostly grow soybeans. They're also Trump idjits. So, yeah, let the invisible hand of capitalism wipe them the fuck out. No more subsidies. No more ag exemptions while waiting to sell out to land developers. No more RoundUp in my well.

They didn't whine while buying $4 T shirts at WalMart or $22 Carharts made in Mexico. So excuse me if I don't shed a tear for their plight. "Sorry, Hank. Farm Aid ain't coming for you this time…"

thread reminder that China lacks the ability to feed itself through farming since pollution + retard commie farming practices has destroyed vast amounts of the good farmland. Secondary reminder that China's viable farmland is vastly inferior to what we have in America. You cannot be a world power if you need to import food.

pumpkins are a very popular squash as food during autumn in burgerland, you can't escape it no matter where you go.

We eat lots of squash year-round, but especially in the autumn when it's in-season. Acorn squash is my favorite - extremely versatile and flavorful vegetable.

Those of you in Europeland who don't know about squashes would do yourselves a favor and learn about them.

We don't eat "pumpkins" though - we just carve them up and smash them later. I get that some make pies and shit from them, but most of Americans eat squashes not pumpkins.

(yes, I know pumpkins are squashes)

butternut squash is great and they're super easy to prepare. Cut it in half. Drizzle some olive oil and throw some herbs and put it in the oven.

RoundUp ready is some of the GMO garbage on the planet.

You have to get the right pumpkins for pie. The kind used for jack-o-lanterns aren't for eating.

?????

thread reminder that "organic" pesticides are much worse for human consumption

(checked)
yes this kills the soy

Yes, he's retarded, but he's right.

The VAST VAST majority of soybeans grown in the US have been genetically modified via a Monsanto / Bayer patent to make them immune to glyphosate (aka 'RoundUp'). All of the farmers around me, including the field 42 ft from my rural house, use them. They plant the soybeans, then come back and fog everything with roundup. Then about 6 weeks later they come back in and spray everything again with roundup. Makes for pretty fields, but is a biological genocide.

六四天安门事件

Attached: Zerg Lush.png (480x345, 315.12K)

pesticides are going to cause that period. Until the time where overpopulation is taken seriously and we finally stop exporting food to allow the sustainable rate of humans to occur across the world our local farmlands are going to be dreadful to the biosphere. Let's hope this trade war isn't a meme and Trump decides to get real though I doubt he will.

I'm not going to get into the details (I don't remember them fully), but RoundUp is an herbicide (glyphostate) that blocks a metabolic pathway in plants. RoundUp ready plants are plants that have been modified through the insertion of a bacterium that that allows this pathway to remain open in the presence of the chemical that typically blocks this pathway, thus you can spray (soak) everything in your targeted environment with RoundUp and the modified plants won't be affected by it. The funny thing is that the principle that allows these RoundUp ready plants to be developed in a lab also allows the bacteria that confers this trait to be passed on in the natural environment via the soil, so now we have weeds that are RoundUp resistant just like the plants that have been modified in the lab.

How am I retarded? RoundUp ready is some of the worst GMO garbage on the planet.

Yes, that is also true. I live on 2 acres surrounded by about 1200 acres of soy / corn / wheat (depending on the year). I have a neighbor 1/4 mile away who raises honeybees / comb for profit. It's interesting to see the dynamic of the suburbans who pay $100 / month for chemicals to make their turfgrass pretty (including 2x applications of pesticides to keep the jap beetles in check), the mowing of the milkweeds/etc along the edges of fields to make the yields 100%, and the farmers who blast their fields with pesticides and herbicides to make harvesting easier. All the while all the extra nitrogen everyone adds to their own land to make everything perfect is causing Lake Erie to eutrophy and destroy the planet's largest single source of fresh water.

Interdasting.

china is also draining the great lakes

Roundup / glyphosate itself isn't GMO. It's a toxic herbicide that, while it degrades more quickly than 2,4-d and other herbicides, is also suspected to cause cancer at levels approaching 2,4-d (agent orange). The fact that it degrades quickly is used to obscure from the fact that it is so widely used. Everywhere.

The retarded thing was about the idea that a herbicide is a GMO. The seeds are GMO. The poison is not.

I didn't say RoundUp was GMO. I said the RoundUp ready plants were.

OK. I retract the retarded statement. We're on the same page now.

Cool.

Too late, paid jewish shill.

The chinks needed that much soy? Why didn't the Russians provide it to them? They grow a shitton of wheat for example.

China's main food is soy. They need something to supplement their plastic eggs and rice.

Soy spelled backwards is yos which is too close to jew/kike lord stuff. You're being lied to. It's all part of the plan.

thanks for this.

Soybeans are not even a real food:

Soybeans were first introduced to North America from China in 1765, by Samuel Bowen, a former East India Company sailor who had visited China in conjunction with James Flint, the first Englishman legally permitted by the Chinese authorities to learn Chinese.[80] The first "New World" soybean crop was grown on Skidaway Island, Georgia in 1765 by Henry Yonge from seeds given him by Samuel Bowen.[81][82][83] Bowen grew soy near Savannah, Georgia, possibly using funds from Flint, and made soy sauce for sale to England.[84] Although, soybean was introduced into North America in 1765, for the next 155 years, the crop was grown primarily for forage.[85]

In 1831, the first soy product "a few dozen India Soy" [sauce] arrived in Canada. Soybeans were probably first cultivated in Canada by 1855, and definitely in 1895 at Ontario Agricultural College.[86]

It was not until Lafayette Mendel and Thomas Burr Osborne showed that the nutritional value of soybean seeds could be increased by cooking, moisture or heat, that soy went from a farm animal feed to a human food.[87][88]

FARM ANIMAL FEED. Nobody used soy for anything other than soy sauce and farm animal feed! You couldn't pay me to eat that shit. On a side note; all the traditional methods of preparing soy for human consumption involve fermenting it's juices. This in theory reduces the phytoestrogen content.

You can use the big ones just the same. They're just usually not as sweet add more molasses as they're grown for size primarily. They're also just fine in savory dishes and soups, especially with game meat.

There's nothing wrong with round up ready plants. Now how they license it and sue the fuck out of farmers for their roundup ReadyTM crops pollinating other corn fields, that's some top tier Jewry.

>The farmers around me in Ohio mostly grow soybeans. They're also Trump idjits. So, yeah, let the invisible hand of capitalism wipe them the fuck out. No more subsidies. No more ag exemptions while waiting to sell out to land developers.

Found the urban retard. Having a surplus of food and food subsidies are a national defense issue. Same reason we have free school lunches actually, during WWII we had to turn away a LOT of draftees due to malnutrition. For better or for worse, these programs are obstinately for national defense.

Found another urban retard.
I mean, that's the point. You want to spend your money growing the crop that makes you money. And only that crop.

We're never going to stop growing a surplus of food. It's considered part of national defense to have a cheap and stable food supply here.

Wat

Yeah, ok. Found the rural "I don't need know book learnin" inbred.

SAD!

No, one of the most common methods is to simply boil them whole in their pods in salted water.
All plant foods contain phytoestrogens. Plants require plant hormones to live. There is no evidence that plant hormones have any effect on humans. Strawberries contain more phytoestrogen than soybeans, but you retards just spout reddit memes and don't actually know anything.

Was genetics part of your degree?

Japan is historically one of the highest consumers of soy in the form of tofu.

traditionally made japanese tofu actually has high magnesium due to magnesium sulfate or magnesium chloride being used as a coagulant in the manufacturing process. it actually counters the estrogens in the soy and increases natural testosterone production.

under shogun rule the samurai were actually banned from consuming meat other than fish (and deer with special permission) and were on this magnesium rich tofu diet.

the coagulant for traditional japanese style tofu is called "nigari" and is also used as a magnesium supplement in other foods

"nigari" is also the japanese word for magnesium chloride.

most tofu outside of japan was (((chinese style))) using calcium sulfate (gypsum) as a coagulant instead with no magnesium content. chinese style tofu was traditionally used by buddhist monks to decrease the libido.

During World War II and the decade that followed, tofu making in Japan changed more than it had in the previous thousand years. The war brought about two important changes: the change from natural nigari to calcium sulfate curding agents and the development of pressed silken tofu. Up until 1941, virtually all of the tofu made in Japan was curded with natural nigari. A detailed history of nigari in Japan is given in The Book of Tofu (Shurtleff and Aoyagi 1975, p. 284-85, 213). When the war started, the Japanese government appropriated all of the country's nigari (which is primarily magnesium chloride) for use as a source of magnesium to build lightweight aircraft. Tofu makers were forced to switch to calcium sulfate and consumers generally agreed that the flavor of the tofu suffered as a result. After the war, however, most tofu shops continued to use calcium sulfate for (((various reasons)))

get magnesium back into the japanese diet and the samurai will rise again

Attached: Japan_then-and-now1.jpg (231x413, 37.91K)

Drinkable soy milk was invented in China by an American named Harry Willis Miller. He built the first full scale soy dairy in January 1937 then in August 1937 the Imperial Japanese Army destroyed it. Harry escaped the Japanese, left China, and returned to America in 1939 where he founded The International Nutrition Foundation introducing "soyfoods" to the world and became the root of our modern soyboy problem. The samurai tried to stop it.

The samurai also ate a lot of brown rice too, which is far more nutritious compared to white rice garbage.

Not roundup
Roundup-ready

Oh ok, so 8-Prenylnaringenin in hops doesn't real

A smaller part, but yes. You do know genetics is very important to farming, right?

Roundup is actually one of the better pesticides due to it's lack of persistence and ability to bioaccumulate. It's relatively harmless to animals as well.

But then again, we also banned DDT which was a mistake.

The research is mixed on those effects. It's starting to form a consensus that it does have an estrogen esque effect.

they should grow anything other than soy

Strawberries aren't used in virtually everything.

shoo shoo, Monsanto shill.