Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

I'm eating dinner with my family and my brother's like "I'm reading The Prince" and i'm like what do you mean you're reading the prince it's 80 pages you either are about to read the prince, have already read the prince or the prince is in your hands and you are currently reading the prince. My mom got mad at me she said I shouldn't discourage him from reading but i'm like he's lying about reading the book can be read in an hour what a joke my father remarked "Should all books under 200 pages be read in 1 sitting" and I point blank said Yes. He shook his head and said i'm an Elitist.

Bit of background my parents both went to NYU and my mom studied Philosophy my dad History. They work as teachers at a private high school in NYC.

my brother never went to any university.

I went to Harvard got a B.S. in Mathematics and am currently doing a dual JD/MBA at NYU.

Attached: don-draper-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 63.39K)

Reported for faggotry. And lying.

You were kind of a dick but you are also completely right.
Now go blogpost somewhere else

You are right but you shouldn't be discouraging him from reading because it is better than nothing. You went to the wrong board user.

Saged because it is nothing to do with Zig Forums.

Back to reddit, fag.

kike confirmed

OP is such distinguished a man of letters he literally wrote a 400pp treatise on the subject of this thread

Attached: 6d3bec8732655bab330acac238bd91f7edb0a8799e6ad4c379b11786cfa70af1.jpg (200x191, 10K)

You're in the right. Raise standards, raise expectations.
Not worth a thread

I'm not a fast reader, so no.

Low effort shill

sage

shill for what you dumb cunt

Top fucking lel. I mean what else are they going to do with their degrees.

Saying for OP being a self concieted kike blog poster

well they are slightly better off than public school teachers my Dad make 90k and my mom is around the same

Nice blogpost, but it doesn't belong here.

ahahaha

(checked)
For a Harvard grade, your punctuation is terrible. Just another indicator of the degradation of our institutions, I suppose.

*grad
For a retard, mine is only passably better.

as if im proof reading posts on infinity chan

I'm in university, and reading the prince, along with numerous other texts. I haven't read it in one sitting because it's not that great. Also reading war and peace, and of grammatology.

One should always set high standards in all that one does.

Why?

It's for school

You're right, but I'm really bad at reading. I have a lot of trouble focusing enough to read. While reading speed is important, just reading at all is more important. It's a great accomplishment to be able to break free from consumerism and instant gratification; although, I've seen a lot of 'normies' who just read for show. If your mind isn't able to incorporate the things you're reading then it's not that much of a step up from watching TV.

It's funny that you mention "The Prince" specifically. When I was 13 or so, my mother recommended it. I read it, which was a big deal for someone who grew up in a house with absolutely no one who reads shit other than facebook. But then when she asked what I learned, the only major thing I could recall was the dangers of neutrality. All I remember after that was her arguing with my dad about making sure I understand what I'm reading. The whole thing gave me a bit of a complex about reading while other people are around. I'm worried that they'll judge me by how slow I'm reading. If I'm reading a physical book I'll only do it when I know someone won't walk into my room; if it's a PDF on the computer then I'll have another tab to switch to. Reading is definitely a good thing, but don't act like /lit/ and be a snob about it. If you set up all sorts of standards and expectations for people to read then you'll just contribute to the reasons why people don't read. Most people haven't been encouraged to read, or at least read properly. If you're an "Elitist" about it, then you're doing more harm than good.

Also what are your thoughts on the JD/MBA? I've been considering doing that.

You are right, but a fag for making this thread.

You should go play in traffic, faggot. This isn't your blog.

Holy shit. Is this your first time posting here?