Math Ruins Hopes & Dreams of Female Brainlets/Sheboons; Jews Kvetch

Hundreds of NC teachers are flunking math exams
>Teachers in Florida and Indiana have also seen mass failures when their states adopted Pearson testing, according to news reports from those states. Concern about the validity of the Pearson licensing exams is so pervasive that it was discussed at this year’s National Education Association conference, said North Carolina Association of Educators President (((Mark Jewell)))
>Jamie Duda, who spent the past year teaching language arts in a Charlotte-Mecklenburg elementary school, believes it’s the latter. Two years ago, after getting her degree from the Arizona-based University of Phoenix, she passed her Arizona licensing exams on the first try. In North Carolina, she passed the reading and general curriculum portions. But she failed math.
>Duda says she has one child who just graduated from high school and one in ninth grade. The older child “took honors and AP math classes and could not help me on some of the practice questions,” Duda said, while the younger said he didn’t expect to learn some of the material until 11th grade.
“I am confused as to why I am being tested extremely above the math level of my degree,” said Duda

tl;dr - Several states switched to private testing companies to certify teachers and now Idiots with shit affirmative action degrees can't pass high school math and are failing to get teacher certification. Oy vey! Now, of course, the jews who want to keep goys stupid are attacking the tests.

Here are the tests if you want to laugh at how stupid these women/dindus are:
nc.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/GENRB_PrepPractice.html

archive.is/Rj31L
charlotteobserver.com/news/local/education/article215848065.html#storylink=cpy

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Fz5LCmfh
imgur.com/a/YO289
pastebin.com/zezXUrNg
pastebin.com/4f23NfnR
pastebin.com/qWFSd330
archive.org/details/DefensiveRacismByEdgarJSteele
twitter.com/AnonBabble

"Too difficult" sample question kek

Attached: math-problem.jpg (464x449, 21.79K)

k but wtf is a ''

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (800x610, 51.26K)

An arbitrary and outdated unit of measure.

>secretly obviously a reading question

SO DIFFICULT

Attached: big grin 4k.jpg (3840x2160, 363.71K)

user, the trick question is that it says the measurements in the diagram are ROUNDED to the nearest whole number. You're supposed to determine what areas fit into the range of measurements that still give you 2 inches of width and 4 inches of length. The answer is C.

you deserved to fail your teaching exams, nigs

Classic Pearson Vue. They just want people to spend more money on their provided training resources so you can memorize their test that has way more than you ever need to know for the occupation.

It's not C because it doesn't say rounded up or down. The question is literally trying to see if you understand wtf a whole number means.

That’s a woman?

'' means inches, whereas ' is feet

I lived in NC briefly. Went to a college to get a certification. Female nog was the teacher in charge while we prepped for our tests. She legitimately didn’t know that a negative multiplied by a negative is a positive. An actual college teacher.

I assumed the ebonics was asking what 'A' was

Lmao I'm a history teacher who sucks at math and even I didn't have trouble passing any exams they gave me.

No, you’re wrong. The question asks for a possible value of the area, GIVEN that the numbers are rounded. 5 is objectively too small for any rounding, and 12 is objectively too large for any rounding. You’re totally retarded. If you do the absolute minimum from which they could have been rounded (3.5*1.5), you get 5.25. So 5.5 is pretty damn close to that. If you do the absolute maximum (4.4*2.4). It’s 10.56. So 11.5 is also out of the question.
The answer is B, you stupid fucking illiterate.

“I am confused as to why I am being tested extremely above the math level of my degree,”

Attached: dindus can't read.png (588x681, 40.78K)

In my opinion, if you have multiple correct answers in a multiple choice test doesn't that defeat the purpose of it? Although, I have to say it was quite a clever question, but I prefer showing proof and actually working out a math problem than circling an answer.

See

Though I have to say B, because it is the closest in terms of estimation.

tl;dr 2 -> [1.5, 2.5) and 4 -> [3.5, 4.5), assuming you round up on .5. The minimum bound is 5.25 and the max is 11.25. So, the area range is [5.25, 11.25). The only answer is B, correct?

C

Are we starting to see why these idiots clamor for Bernie to shower them with gibsmedats?

Attached: math-problems2.jpg (425x493, 48.75K)

I'll say B, because it's 30% off EACH not together like C.

E: >buying games

B

B

B & B

Correct.

Is this a calculator test?

Earned 3.85 mil yearly, earned (on average) 30k monthly. This means 12*30k = 360k yearly. I.e. 3.85 * 10^6 vs. 3.60 * 10^5.
Off by roughly a factor of 10. I.e., too low by a factor of 10. So, B again.

For the second question, you have the relationship of 1 AU : 93 * 10^6 mi on average. Just divide the 2.794 * 10^9 to obtain 30.04 ~ 30 AU. I.e., A.

Store 1. 20-4 = 16(2) = $32.00
Store 2. 20(0.70) = 14(2) = $28.00
Store 3. 40(0.33) = 13.2; 40-13.2 = $26.80
Store 4. 20+20(0.5) = $30.00

THIS SHIT BE TOO FUGGIN HARD YOU WHITE MUH FUGGAZ

Why cant they pass their exams?
because they are niggers. here is scientific proof
RACE STATS
genitics: pastebin.com/Fz5LCmfh
Myths: imgur.com/a/YO289
Diversity: pastebin.com/zezXUrNg
Immigration: pastebin.com/4f23NfnR
Genocide: pastebin.com/qWFSd330
archive.org/details/DefensiveRacismByEdgarJSteele

Fuck, the game one is C. Too early for this shit.

I assume you are a euro user, fyi we dont use the metric system here.

Oh and,
Are you fucking kidding me. It isn't like any of these falls under a master's math or doctorate math program. Hell, it doesn't even fall under a math major's first year. Technically, this wouldn't even fall under shitty business grad's freshman year because even fags with business majors learn calculus their first year.

1, (20 - 4) * 2 = 32
2, (20 * 0.7) * 2 = 28
3, (20 + 20) * 2/3 = 26.667
4, 20 + (20/2) = 30
Your skin will never be white

Too bad, you're also a shitskin now.

Attached: its-all-so-tiresome-34354344.png (500x380, 96.23K)

real question is why is store one giving $4 off while the others are reducing the prices significantly more?

SHIEEEEET
I guess I need to brush on my non-calculator skills since I am taking Calculus.

Area. You fuck.

Why offer less when niggers can math and will pick the store that presents them with information they understand.

Seriously….

Attached: seeing black scientist.gif (300x235, 1.9M)

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit

if I can pass the test, but don't have a degree, can I teach?

Shieet, dem crackaz be tryin' to scam me again. I never seen no store where I's can pay with purcants 'n shiet.

A mentor is someone who can't become better at something so they teach it, being the best and all. These retards don't even know pre-calc.

Literal cattle-training in action.

Ok, actually reading this shit:
I would love to know the ranking on that university (if it's the real state one), unless it's one of those fake online unis. Also, how did she pass the other math test for licensing? After all, I'll admit that the tests aren't mathematically difficult, but with the new Common Core shit, it takes more than 2 brain cells to determine the question. In addition,
So, the honors boy seems stupider than the younger? Also, if the older took honors, they don't count for shit I guses. As for the AP, what was his score? First of all, AP calculus is just calculus, it would have no impact on basic reasoning questions (his ACT/SAT score would be more reflective of that). Also, the AP exams aren't scored on an absolute score. Suppose there are 100 pts on a test. Every one gets 50 or under. Those closest to a 50 get 5s (best) on the AP.
How can you fail "load of bullshit" class? At least if it was AP you'd have to memorize facts/propaganda, but in normal social studies what do you even learn? The branches of gov.? Watch a shitty flick about "how a bill becomes a bill"?
Technically, this should be impossible. After all, math builds on itself. This goes to show they aren't willing to keep kids from passing when they start failing, so it snowballs from there (a nig is a nig, but that just means what takes a white 5 months [reflection/self test] takes a nig 5 years. So, if they were held back, they could at least pass after x amount of time–they'd probably forget the material after graduating HS, however.)

Calculus is taught in a retarded manner. Having a very analytic approach is good in the senst that you don't have to waste paper/brain power calculating shit, however it undermines a core principle of calculus. E.g., when you take an upper division (entry-level) analysis course, you see that a lot of estimation, sequences, partial sums, inequalities, etc. are used in proving things. If you don't have a good intution with action nitty-gritty numbers, you wont be able to do shit (it's like knowing conclusions of a theorem without knowing the premises).

This legit just a third grade fractions problem dressed up to take half a page. I have more problems solving 8chans captchas than these

I.
1) discount $4/$20 = 1/5
2) discount %30= 3/10
3) discount 1/3
4) discount 1/4

1/3 is the largest discount

University of Phoenix is a shitty "oh no I couldn't even make it in community college" school. It's a place for welfare leeches to feel smart.

(wubaluba dub dubs)
What's disturbing is that school are hiring "teachers" with degrees from online schools like the University of Phoenix.

Phoenixfag here. U of P was well known as a for-profit degree mill back in the day. A few years back it "cleaned up" its act while the state met it halfways by relaxing its standards, and the silhouette of a backroom deal and kickback is plainly obvious to anyone not accompanied by a seeing eye dog. Plus, anyone who attends that school tends to develop this nervous tic where they endlessly repeat that their degree is just as valid as any from the for-realsies universities, like a cultist or a fraud. This ghetto crunk ape flunking out of some other state's exam is not surprising at all.

it's fucking B you retard

The only answer possible is A.
I am not getting into an argument about basic maths, semantics and objective reality with you.
That's the fact. Now shut the fuck up you sliding shitface.

haha checkmate lol

Yeah. Really confusing. At my highschool, the vast majority of teachers had at least a 4 year degree from either one of the state universities or the in-town private Catholic college. The only good one to come out of the main state university was the band director, now that I think about it

see

idiot

So he didn't take AP Honors Math, he didn't pass AP Honors Math, or he took (((AP Honors Math))) with lower standards than 1st grade math to make the teachers look good for state/federal funding.

The answer is B. This user is correct:

Attached: 1519367489731.png (529x487, 304.3K)

You can literally check the answers at the back you mouth breathing nigger.

Attached: answers.png (772x309, 19.78K)

That's why I hope my Math class still starts us with learning how it works and using definitions more than the formulaic way, I'm going to take Calculus with Analytic Geometry 1 first year in college. I scored nearly perfect on the math SAT section 750 out of 800, I prefer Math than other subjects purely because it is a subject that's based on objectivity and skill though I know that's not the case once I get into the higher math courses. It is just sickening to see kids not learning the basics of patterns and sequences when they are in Kindergarten, and apply it from there with basic mathematics.

The first time my mind was honestly blown was when I did definition of derivatives in IB Calculus, because how it was in essence basic algebra from sixth grade just combining them.

It's disheartening. Not because they flunked it, but because they've been frequently lied to only to remain in a handicapped stater forever. They can't get good criticism as a minority anymore because of the systemic racism bullshit, so they're unable to grow and get severely crushed when they meet the outside world.

It's the reason why I pretend to be a white male online.

I think so, is teach for america stilla thing? careful with that youll only end up teaching black kids.

this happened to my friends sister, just a class full of dumb niggers….. every. day.

Attached: nnnniiiiiiiiigggggeeeerrrrrr.jpg (1200x843, 199.98K)

I'm not a burger, but if you study math then why are you confronted with other subjects than math related ones?

I wonder if Phoenix is Soros funded because iirc Argosy (another for-profit) is Soros funded.

You have to remember the rules.

That is CLEARLY WAY TOO HARD!!! You need to do math 4 times.
FOUR WHOLE TIMES
THAT'S LIKE FOUR SCOOPS OF MATH!!!

we have people on the same tier of intelligence as sheboons larping on Zig Forums
thanks, four chins
i'm not evne american and i know it's B

It's just people solving it hastily. They need to read the problem properly rather than rushing it.

Attached: 064a78b9f6c18e3d5b0a7842b3b3a3de.jpg (768x926, 100.64K)

man you guys are fucking RETARDED

You have a pretty good SAT score considering the fact that you're just taking standard calc. I your first year. You should've taken a shot at AP calc. you just wanted credits (or the sAT Math II test).
I wouldn't say that. It's still objective in higher courses, it's just that math is a system. You assume some axioms and you derive a set of truths from that set (e.g. from ZF/C). Thus, they're objective within the context of those assumed axioms. As for skill, that's still the case in higher mathematics. Maybe more so considering you also need creativity and ingenuity in order to formulate proofs (after all, although some problems on your test would be standard things to test your knowledge, some will be true tests of deep undersanding).
Yep. In theory all should know how to count (counting is one of the things most people are worst at). Well, AoPS number theory/counting & probability books are good (I never checked beast academy, but I know elementary school kids who are smarter than me having gone through their curriculum).
Truth be told, I consider combinatorics & number theory the white man's branches of math. After all, although they're the most basic, they're incomparably deep (not shitting on other branches, it's just that the notion of the most primitive thing becoming the most deep thing is something I like).

What do you mean? Are you talking in uni.? If so, that's in order to be (((well-rounded))). I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. After all, supposedly jews were not well-rounded back in the day, it was your average joe who was well-rounded. So, well-roundedness could only be deemed bad in a modern setting where well-rounded just means getting indoctrination.

Lastly, none of this even needs a calculator. I wonder if people can still do long division by hand/in their head.

Honestly, abolish the education system. It is extremely outdated, just have the kids home school with extracurricular activities based in their community.

I love other subjects with the exceptions of Sociology and Foreign Languagesthough I have a soft spot for Psychology. I love analyzing classic literature, learning about Biology and the natural order Chemistry was a shitshow due to the teacher I had.

Also, math seems to be the subject I adore since I was little when my father gave me worksheets on multiplication, division, and algebra. He also put me through summer reading programs and penmanship worksheets as a kid.

AND YES, I REALIZED GOT IT WRONG. I NEED TO GIT GUD. AND I NEED TO STOP ACTING LIKE A NIGGER. CHRIST, IT'S THE REASON WHY NIGGERS DON'T WANT ME.

Because the inches are rounded the question basically asks which of these numbers lie within the minimum and maximum possible area.
Lowest possible area: 1.51 * 3.51 = 5.30"
Highest possible area: 2.49 * 4.49 = 11.18"

It's B. This isn't a math question, it's a basic thinking question, and for some reason I am NOT surprised this low IQ shithole can't figure it out. This board used to be pretty intelligent and renowned for it's digging. Now, it's just christcucks constantly doubling down on their idealogs, practically self-inflicting a lower intelligence the more they think.

What math courses would you recommend me since I am majoring in Computer Engineering? I know I have to do Calculus 2&3.

I don't know when my math courses were this easy, but solving these problems takes me way back. Late nights drawing lewd graphs on my TI-84 were fantastic. I wish I could go back and really apply myself, this shit is fun.

Attached: i like niggermath.png (580x337, 27.26K)

It's C took me 9 secs.
Stop being negroids.

Attached: HAND.jpg (400x589, 48.5K)

That's impossible because it's never stated what 'A' is, it's never given in an inequality to solve either.
That's so fucking triggering they expect me to assume A = area?

can you even fucking read you basement turd

Yeah, I miscalculated.

Easy. B.
180 can be divided equally by 18, 12, and 15.

Hint: I'm being sarcastic you dumbass

have you seen people writing paragraphs for wrong answers in this thread?

Incorrect my dear user, multiplication is commutative (it does not matter what order a series of multiplication operations are performed, the result is always the same, e.g. 3*2=6 and 2*3=6):

Store 2 offers:
($20 * 0.3) + ($20 * 0.3)
($20 + $20) * 0.3
$20 * 0.3 * 2

Store 3 offers:
($20 + $20) * (1/3)
($20 * (1/3)) + ($20 * (1/3))
$20 * (1/3) * 2

Attached: 1518730745745.jpg (396x385, 38.36K)

Yeah so, I wouldn't actually consider math necessary for CE (unless you want to go into graphics or some shit and want to know the underlying linear algebra stuff. Also, probability of you care about AI).
Here's the thing, math helps in that it gives you something to link your knowledge to (e.g. dealing with 1s & 0s in the context of gates is just a Boolean Algebra–see abstract algebra texts).
Technically though, you don't really need any math, everything is self contained (note, I'm saying this 'cause you said CE and not EE).

Here's how it goes in CE, the lowest you could go and still be CE & not EE would be gates, and those are just truth tables (they're atomic from the view-point of CE. I.e., it's just a tatoulogy that 1 AND 1 = 1 anything else yields 0, etc.)
Then, about gates you'd build things like adders, multiplexers, decoders, encoders, etc. (maybe using gates when you're getting started, eventually using (system) verilog). None of this actually requires math knowledge per se. Insight into how things are done (e.g. the process of adding when making a multi-bit adder helps. Such things lead you to making a look-ahead adder in place of a carry adder). If there is any math needed there it's that shift left by 1 bit is multiply by 2 and right 1 bit is divide by 2.
Above this level you'd deal with C and talking with devices/periphereals. Maybe you'd need some math there depending on the periphreal you're using, however, I'd again claim you'd just need basic math skills and a logical mind. Above that would just be some general programming which, again, doesn't really require deep math skill.

Now, if you do take EE courses, you might need some path. In EE courses you'd deal with Fourier analysis, complex analysis, and some ugly algebra at some points (graphing, bode plots, some equivalent circuit Theorems/cut theorems, etc.) In these classes, it's taught from a EE perspective and, in theory, you don't need to know Fourier analysis and complex analysis, but this lends itself to just memorizing facts as opposed to understanding why something is. One would also want to know a bit about physics to be able to conceptualize some transistor things.

CS fags may need a bit more math if they're staying in academia (graph theory, computational geometry, etc.), but if you're just looking for a job…well, if pajeet can get by, you can get by without any math knowledge.

Never put your children in public schools

I dont care if it's convienient, you need time for yourself, you don't have money, or any other reason.

Don't say

No

Don't send your kids to public school.

Also, although commutativity plays a role, it's the distributivity that allows n(x + y) = nx + ny.

It's fucking C. All of you mongoloids answering otherwise make me doubt the 'Zig Forums has an average IQ of 130' meme.

No, its a well established fact that you use the inferior system.

Attached: d5917bf737a47e8ec520891472c5c811713186b743390ed74731dce8b789604f.jpg (425x516, 51.79K)

B

You startled the Colbert!

Attached: TWO SCOOPS.gif (480x360, 531.01K)

I can't fucking see what the exponent is on 4 because I have shitty eyes.

You are correct, and more so I believe that that is actually at the heart of user's misunderstanding given that his confusion seems to stem from not seeing that:

($20 * (1/3)) + ($20 * (1/3)) = ($20 + $20) * (1/3)

LOOOOOL SUP NIGNOG, HOW DID YOU FIND US?

It's true

Attached: Math_c1c637_302866.jpg (707x441 827.51 KB, 46.09K)

This is actually the hardest question of all the ones here because it's not actually a math question. None of the answers are the area; they're asking you to guess what numbers could give you an area that makes sense instead of just asking you to calculate the area itself.

tbh my mind works better when given problems like this in a tangible real world setting, seeing it written out in certain ways throw me off and i have to think on it longer

It's absolutely solvable. You have to a) be able to read [the part you failed at], perform two multiplications to establish upper and lower bounds, and then check to see which of the available choices falls within those bounds.
nigger

I've never been so convinced that this board is infested with shitskins than by the responses to a 3rd grade math problem.