The inventor of the worldwide web is going to decentralize it

archive.is/8Wfdx

What do you think? Can he do it?

Attached: 23E2FA49-97D5-4019-A202-56448EF98DC8.jpeg (300x169, 11.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/8Wfdx
fastcompany.com/90243936/exclusive-tim-berners-lee-tells-us-his-radical-new-plan-to-upend-the-world-wide-web
fastcompany.com/40545727/i-unfortunately-have-the-equivalent-of-5-phds-in-twitter-harassment
github.com/solid
solid.community
inrupt.com/our-work/
webfoundation.org/2017/03/web-turns-28-letter/
businessinsider.com/mathias-dopfner-tim-berners-lee-world-wide-web-interview-2017-5?op=1
solidplatform.org/
csail.mit.edu/news/web-inventor-tim-berners-lees-next-project-platform-gives-users-control-their-data
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I doubt it. If they can't afford a shill enough to read the catalog and make an above-shit-tier post, they're doomed.

What about this torrent based web they've been talking about with torrent web pages etc?

An internet that cannot be censored is the dream of all who value freedom.

The internet was made by intelligent people. The web was made by retards. It shows.

bump
Our people will have internet freedom

I just want the original interest-driven Web 1.0 from before the tech giants and the normalfag cancer took over, but I'm sure we won't see anything like that again. At least not in this medium.

As the only person itt who actually read the whole interview, this is a really good development. It decentralizes control and keeps all your data isolated into its own independent, inaccessible node. This kills the corporate tech censorship and control, so expect lots of blackpilling and nervous shilling ITT

Is it censorable though?
I was thinking about this today, an uncensorable web like freenet or on blockchain.
So baste.

It read like it is giving back users control over their data, but that doesn't mean users can't be made to take down their own information/posts and the structure is immune to censorship?

The Jew fears freedom.

Freedom reveals kikery

>archive.is/8Wfdx
The Web is a glownigger psyop and you're all infected. Get off while you still can.

All want is this and to regain my drive.

Doomed to fail because he already made the biggest mistake…announcement before completion. Just too much of an attention whore to wait until he has a finished product ready.

He raped the reporter?
Seriously though he's just making a new browser/goybook/network? It will be the same shit.

Example from OP's article:
Decentralized glownigger app? Really?

Problem-Reaction-Solution
Web is a problem goy, and you want out, let us help you put all your data into easily organized (((pods))) for us… I-I meant for you, for you goy!

Your nose is showing, schlomo.

If you allow to be convinced to self-censor, no amount of tech can help you.

That was pretty silly of him.

Thread new title: Glownigger makes alternate botnet for goys
C is for Charlie, as in CIA.
SAGE
Glownigger astroturfing thread detected
SAGE

can a person support both? as anything that can compete and ultimate destroy the google's and the faceberg's is a worthy endeavor.

Fuck off, retard.

The pod thing throws off a bunch of red flags for me. Im assuming this system works in a way similar to asymmetric encryption systems like SSL (but for people). Meaning to avoid botspam flooding the network, pods will have something like Certificate Authorities rubber stamping them (meaning no anonymity when it comes to social interaction).

What did he meant by this?

Immigrant

GTFO BERNERS LEE EVIL FAKE TECH FAGGOT

The only decentralization is PEER TO PEER. That means your computer talks directly to your friend's computer without a corporate middleman. That means no cloud data. That means data is stored on personal servers not corporate ones.

What the British Rothschild agent Berners-Lee is peddling is barely better than controlled opposition. Don't trust one single fucking word that falls out of his forward orifice. He didn't invent jack shit.

Attached: 59bdb40e72e62.jpeg (719x900, 97.89K)

>archive.is/8Wfdx
No wonder you didn't post the actual link you glownigger
fastcompany.com/90243936/exclusive-tim-berners-lee-tells-us-his-radical-new-plan-to-upend-the-world-wide-web
When you need a front for your glow nigger astroturfing scheme to shill on fullchan, that produces articles like Brianna Wu's: I Unfortunately Have The Equivalent Of 5 PhDs In Twitter Harassment”
fastcompany.com/40545727/i-unfortunately-have-the-equivalent-of-5-phds-in-twitter-harassment

Thanks to you all I don't have to waste my time reading all that shit in his article.

glownigger confirmed.

Yes, it's total astroturf bait. The web is evil goy, use this botnet instead and help us sort out our problem of needles in a haystack.
The current intelligence problem is not recording everything it is linking the elements together to pin the data to a specific person with 100% accuracy.

Notice how this NWO final (((solution))) solves this 'problem':
i.e. His (((solution)) is the complete removal of privacy.

zeronet

Let's start legislating to have ISPs unblock the thepiratebay.org.

this

double-posting; both shitposts. GTFO

stop being a dumb nigger

>everything is a conspiracy plotted out point-by-point by (((agents of darkness)))
>>>/x/

it may be a bad idea for privacy/security/anonymity (most of what we do is) but that doesn't mean he's not actually making something better, or at least trying to

Sage Because LE OP

Essentially. Its the balancing act of the flood of information flow.

World Wide Web Umman Manda

inb4 he commits suicide by hanging himself on a door knob

they really aren't sending their best.

So the cia plan all along. Not surprizing especially when it was a darpa program. You fucks shoukdve realized it was bound to happen.

Attached: 74683dd09ab19f8e68e89bb8edc3df4f1336c64e7946001bf99bde9e6320c9f6.jpg (630x444, 75.56K)

t. brainlets

When will we see the inventors all go head to head and compete for users? Internet vs. Web vs. Cloud? That would be an ebin showdown the likes of which might bring on Ragnarok

Allowing faggotry to infect technology is the reason why we have gay shit like social media instead of real innovation…

Yes, we are brainlets because (you) don't know
-he's a NWO glownigger
-he's promoting NO PRIVACY ONLINE
-there are better alternatives that he's ripping this (((solution))) off of.
-how his proposal solves a MAJOR problem glowniggers have monitoring anons.
-why this is a cuckchan tier post
GTFO

I looked into this.
It's nothing but a shitty phone app.
Move on.

Hard to say.

This. Reading more into it, the Solid/pod way of doing things essentially has every user create their own encrypted database hosted on some cloud service, you put content/data into it and you whitelist apps/sites to pull said stuff out.

So if 8ch was using this model, I wouldn't be making this post directly to the 8ch servers, I would be posting it to my pod, and giving 8ch permission to pull it out this comment. Or I post a "tweet", and give permission to sites like Twitter/Gab.ai to access it. The control of your data really is an illusion here (because say you give Facebook permission to your pod, there is nothing to stop it from keeping the data you provided after you've revoked accessed at a later time) it's really just a convenience thing which lets you give up your data in one click.

The whole thing is fishy.

I had a look into Solid a while back [1] [2], it's been shilled by TBL unsuccessfully for many years now. It's more or less immature, lame ass federated bastard child between mastodon and oauth. This won't fly, not by a long shot.

Web, and by extension open computing stands and falls on the idea that a bloke comes around, and provides some service (or locally running software…), and usually retains control of that service or software. If the bloke attracts billions of goyim to get trapped by the service, you can't really do anything about it, that's just capitalism.

Centralized, federated or whatever protocol hardly plays any role in this dynamic, web stands and falls on that central bloke who comes up with something new because the power relation with end user is fully flexible.

However Tim is trying to advocate some sort of hardcoded restraints about what the service can and what it cannot do. Advocating such is just pants on head retarded as anyone with half a brain will simply avoid it the moment his arbitrary gizmo turn out to be too restrictive. Web is bloated and restrictive as it is, but it's by far the best we've got.

Quite obvious controlled opposition sponsored by the current tech media cartel.

[1] github.com/solid
[2] solid.community

Attached: paid.jpg (600x613, 57.67K)

The guy who says he's decentralizing the internet loads his site from freaking squarespace, what a pioneer!
inrupt.com/our-work/
Nigger technology. Image related.

Attached: inrupt.png (1000x391, 178.61K)

This is fucking bullshit.

It was bound to happen sooner or later regardless of who's running it. The vast majority of people only care about their NPC vanities and inanities and would be more than fine with having their internet access limited to 3 or so me me me social media platforms (already a thing in some third world countries), so those running the shit will go wherever they smell the most money.

This

checked digits of wisdom

If everyone here doesn't at the very least have their own PAID email account, or preferably their own domain name, you're talking out of your hat.

Too many normalfags use FB as email by default because of muh spam.

Best p2p web / browser / system?

P2P? Anyone that has an IP in there will be declared a terrorist.

So Protonmail and cock.li are a no-go?

If everyone could just use i2p we wouldn't have this faggotry…

Sidenote, many "AI" tools are open source, any application for these for me as a user or is it only to create botnets?

Attached: giraffe.jpeg (2561x1707, 493.21K)

IPFS?

Has he not noticed that this is already happening? Mastadon, Peertube, Activitypub protocol, IPFS, cryptocurrency
The only thing missing is the normies getting fed up with the Jew services enough to explore the great stuff that has already been built.

cock.li is great for throwaways now that most of the usual services are blacklisted. I wish they still had the @hitler.rocks domain available.

Nice digits, checked. I sadly don't see a majority getting fed up with the big players any time soon though - what would even set that off? Certainly not the increasing censorship, from what I've seen they largely don't know/care to know and the few that do are soccer mom tier types in favor of it.

That might have been possible while domain names were under consortium management, but Obama era cucks gifted control to the (((UN))). DNS was always a chokepoint and now ISPs cant unblock a domain if it doesn't exist. That's why DNS-less P2P blockchain systems are the only way forward.
Sage for >>>Zig Forums fagpost.

Fuck even if it doesn't become popular it'd be great to have a real viable fall back for when they inevitable come for the Chans.

Trips say shut the whole internet down for good
Let the weak starve

Checked
Kek

It's about fucking time. I dub thee the Deternet.

He will be target numero fucking uno for the honeytrappers,CoCsuckers, and metoo-mob, but, if he (and anyone else involved in the project, for that matter) can somehow avoid all that, he certainly could.
That said, it will be telling if he's not targeted.

Wouldn't this essentially transfer all responsibility and liability for protection of data from the companies to the user?
And, like said: once I've granted access to my data, there is nothing to keep a company from retaining it, meaning the chickens are left guarding their own roost.
Pretty disturbing, considering how unaware and lax your average web surfer is.
Also, imo, this sets the precedent for universal internet ID's, or, at least helps normalize the concept.

At the end of the day, it's still just a business (I assume money is going to be involved at some point) predicated on lowering the barrier of entry for normalfags who are too lazy and/or incompetent to learn how to operate all the newest technology.

Nice.
Seems dubs wills it, too.

He announced it beford it was born. The powers that be will snuff it out.

Not a very tech-literate guy here. Is all new Internet technology put out by government entities? I know the Internet was mainly an American government thing, with some European orgs like CERN in the mix, and TOR was US military or something. If an alternative ever gets popular, how are we supposed to assure ourselves the government (US or otherwise) hasn't already removed any privacy features. If P2P goes big, for example, what good will it do if backdoor access universal on all computer products legally sold. Not all of us have the know how to make our own computer tech.

Peer to peer is an architecture; it's a concept. This "Solid", or whatever he's calling it, is a realisation of the P2P concept into a new platform that he hopes will be a replacement for the existing web. It's not like because we know what P2P is, a platform that uses it to replace the web naturally follows; look at the years of work that have gone into developing IPFS, for example. You're an ignorant faggot that has probably never written line of code in his life.

i2p also; it's effectively internet over p2p

htt ps :// ge ti 2p.n et /en/

Accidental nailgun to the back of the head 36 times in 3… 2… 1….

yes
yes
yes, that is the desired end from this guy who was triggered over fake-news affecting the elections a few months ago.

if we already have ipfs and i2p, why do we need solid? and since ipfs and i2p didnt get that much users, why would solid?

It's all pozzed but this is about keeping personal information out of corporate control, not out of reach of spying.
Most normalfag facetwitgrams don't care about privacy. This will at least move them away from the big sharks and break up monopolies.
Not a tech person but I think it's like this. Right now you use Facebook (or Twitter Instagram Google) program. This is about being able to save your personal information on non-proprietary files (or a proprietary "POD" which is a universal filetype) and being able to use other programs and not being stuck to Facebook. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The hope may be that some day there will be an alternative to Twitter/Gab.ai that says we'll be your interface between your personal data (tweets) and the internet and when you unjoin us, we do not keep any data. (And of course, any posted to the internet can already be kept by anyone, but it means lusers are not stuck to one company that has outrageous T&Cs like having to give up copyright over everything they post and allow companies to censor them).

This is about
data portability
isn't it?

Honestly, you can't.
Always assume new tech is compromised from the get-go by government.
You should be more worried about the commodification and subsequent monopolization by corporate entities — especially in the era of big-data and regulatory capture.

We don't; boomers and soccer moms who refuse to learn for themselves and would rather trade money and/or privacy for convenience do.

Why is a precedent for Universal ID? So far I don't see anything that says you can't have a fake POD or several.

Revocation is a different problem, separate from decentralisation. It's also a difficult problem to solve, because once your bits are out there, they're out there. It's no different from the existing web, in that sense.

It normalizes the idea of having your personal data stored in the cloud in a way that can be tied back to you.
Expect some form of personal authentication to be introduced at some point (as Twatter and Faceburg already do).

Sure, anons like us think in terms like this, but, for your average normie, terms like OPSEC and INFOSEC may just as well be the high school Spanish they immediately forgot upon graduation day.
Normies don't care until after there's a problem.

fpbp

JUS

i2p is a joke maintained by clowns.

That sounds sort of like the moldburg plan (from what little I know about it). Is this guy a NRxer?

Or it may even be that with PODs stpred online and people can use software programs to access them (BTFO internet companies), such as how Twitter streams can be read with software programs even now. Oh this is not going to end well for Facebook.
This is not what I thought it was going to be, but so far I am not seeing a downside at all.

I don't see it. Time will tell.

I would say further normalises. We already crossed the personal-data-in-the-cloud threshold long ago. How many of your normalfag friends store all their photos, contacts, documents, etc. in the cloud, for example? Pretty much all of them; anyone that uses a smartphone does exactly this. If they're addicted to the convenience of using a smartphone now, then not much about that is going to change moving forward.
I think anons are getting confused as to what problem technologies like IPFS and Solid are trying to solve. Their purpose is not to provide additional security or control over your data; their purpose is to provide a platform for decentralising the web, to claw back control of the distribution of data from the Facebergs and the Twatters of the world. All of the privacy issues that exist today continue to exist on a decentralised internet.

Google is moving that direction hard. Chrome requires login to a jewgle account now, so it can link all browsing to that account iirc (don't know exactly because I don't use it).

Kike or CIA? The shill:

Checked. Indeed. All of them (alternative services) are shit, with the exception of Tox (you can do Tox over Tor (ToT)) and OnionShare. But neither of these are a replacement for anything particularly social.

So this Inrupt thing may be good. Will it work over Tor? Like without getting blocked, like EVERYTHING does now on the regular internet?

I don't know what he said about fake news so I looked it up.
It's a bit more complicated than just "fake news" in the sense that CNN cry about. He seems to be talking about online bubbles and confirmation bias preference for "fake news". I dont know how to paraphrase it and I won't try.
webfoundation.org/2017/03/web-turns-28-letter/
businessinsider.com/mathias-dopfner-tim-berners-lee-world-wide-web-interview-2017-5?op=1

For REAL power, insist upon the existence of crypto-verified pseudonyms.

Again not a tech person here but isnt't this what this POD thing is?
(What are you talking about?)

tl;dr social media has a financial interest in serving you clickbait that conforms to your existing political bias in preference to truth.

True enough. He falls short of the mark because he doesn't account for the fact that jewish tech giants shape the political conversation by dictating what you are and are not allowed to say on their platforms. But on the surface of it, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with what he said; they certainly do make a mint serving up clickbait to both sides of the isle, and have contributed enormously to the polarisation we see today.

And that will be full encrypted so that ISPs can't recognize them and block or throttle those packets ?

Thanks for putting it better than I am able to.

SOLID needs to include some way of serving up videos (and a comment platform) to break the YouTube monopoly.
That seems to be missing.

We don't know what the pod thing is, because he's out trying to get investors, and hasn't explained ANYTHING. Nobody has. But this week, or at least soon, there may be resources.

But we all know how this really goes. He'll give, to his fellow commies of cali, special insight, access, and resources, when creating apps.

Apple's done the same. Special companies are given special api access. Niggerman Gates the same.

thanks.

How is it in practice? is it slow? I take it that you become one of the servers as being part of the agreement like in TOR. Does that really overburden your computer? Any other drawbacks?

We don't even know what's missing, because we don't even know how it works. It's not even on Wikipedia yet.

You don't become one of the servers with Tor. You CAN become an exit node, but very few people dare do that, for obvious reasons. So the best way to run exit nodes is to fund people who run them.

That is, exit nodes.

solidplatform.org/
Maybe you can get more from this than I can.

csail.mit.edu/news/web-inventor-tim-berners-lees-next-project-platform-gives-users-control-their-data

you might need to go outside for a bit user, I know how it gets but this kind of behavior isn't normal friend