Sony Bans Spic's "Kike" PSN Account Over Cultural Misunderstanding

Sony Bans Spic's "Kike" PSN Account Over Cultural Misunderstanding

It’s a holiday in the United States, so that means there are no press releases to mull over and games industry drama gets a big fat spotlight shined in its eyes instead. To be fair, this is an unfortunate story that we hope will be resolved promptly. Over on Reddit, a Mexican gamer claims that his PlayStation Network account has been closed due to a cultural misunderstanding.

According to his post, his username Kike_0615 was banned due to it including an offensive term. But as he explains, Kike is short for Enrique, which is his real name. Of course the word is also used as a derogatory name for Jewish people, which is why the ban was issued in the first place. “I’m really sorry if I offend anyone by posting my nickname, I swear to God that’s my nickname since I was little,” he explained.

Seeing as this is very clearly a misunderstanding, you’d think it’d be easily resolved, right? Unfortunately not. Multiple representatives at Sony’s customer services department have explained that nothing can be done, one even adding that he may need to try again in a few months when the PSN name change feature goes live publicly.

Of course none of this is good enough, because all of the user’s purchases are tied to his banned username. We’re confident that this will get resolved in due time, but it’s a sad situation. At least the victim is behaving very maturely about the whole unfortunate scenario: “I understand it’s offensive, and just like I don’t like it when someone calls me an offensive name I wouldn’t want to offend anyone I play with,” he said. “All I ask from Sony is to let me change my name.”
archive.is/CpYRo

Attached: jews-video-games.jpg (290x302, 81.13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/C7NMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's right. South of the border, that is a short-hand for that name. I don't know why though. I guess because "que" is phoneticall "Ke", so "Kike" where the ke is is not pronounced like a "ch" with a silent h like in "kike" but rather sounding like "que" as in "Enrique."

Yeah the name doesn't fit but I'm sure they had a reason to nickname you that, thieving spic. kek

Hahahahahaha thats one hell of a nickname. To know who rules over you, simply see who you are not allowed to offend.

I imagine it's Keykay.

Attached: hernandez.jpg (326x458 55.79 KB, 30.72K)

Gotta police feelings instead of just making video games and shutting the fuck up.

My actual nickname is "Beaner."
I like beans.

this is what happens when you buy imaginary things in the (((cloud)))
never pay for extended rentals of intellectual "property"

this was especially lulzy when amazon banned 10,000 users for posting paid reviews and all their botnet devices, amazon phones, amazon tv's, amazon echo's, all their data stored in the cloud, family photo's, movies, academic books yuppy students purchased on their kindles for college, everything; disappeared.

they only restored some of the accounts and only after weeks of downtime, most did not get their accounts re-opened, and any accounts opened under the same names will also be banned.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-20 Used Custom-made license plates for sale in Covina - letgo.png (700x525, 846.29K)

Based Kike.

Duly noted. Now how can we wake up normies to the fact that this country is infested with enriques?

people need to relax & have a shower,

tax season is coming, go fill out your T4 forms,

this should wake em up!

Wow its real.
archive.is/C7NMM

He should have written it as Kiké to emphasize the pronunciation.

kek

Attached: kike_gas2.jpg (1020x1856 134.97 KB, 617.13K)

Lel. Only thing I have in that regard is a steam account. And only because you can't really buy physical computer games these days.

Puertoricans are honorary

Were Kike_0001 through Kike_0614 already taken?

Kek. probably his birthday

ok this was legit worth a kek

KEKKIN,LOL!

KEKKIN' HARD

Somedays I can actually tolerate beaners. And today is one of those days.

It's the only time I've felt sorry for a kike

Attached: original.gif (145x175, 9.97K)