True meaning of commonly misunderstood christian phrases

Hey Zig Forums. I know that turn the other cheek is a very misunderstood phrase, that had a completly different cultural context during the time of Jesus. I know about that one, but can some knowledgable christanon post about the meanings of other commonly used christian phrases like "whoever forces you to go one mile, walk two" and "whoever sues for your shirt, give him your mantle too" or whatever that was.

I can talk about the turn the other cheek phrase.
In the middle east even today and not so long ago in Europe, using the left hand was sinful. I think this basically comes from them collectively deciding that the left hand was reserved for all of the filthy stuff you do. Toilet paper and modern sanitation didn't exist after all. So over time it turned into a commandment/superstition.

Anyway so you would just never use your left hand to slap someone. So the only hand you can use to slap someone was your right hand. Romans occupied Palestine and as a sign of submission would slap people. A backhanded slap with the right hand to humiliate them and to show that they are not equal. "A slap to the face" is still a metaphor for one of the gravest insults you can do to other people. However if you turned the other cheek (your left one) towards the Roman Soldier, a backhanded slap would turn into an openfaced slap. That was less humiliating and made you an equal to him. It's smart passive-aggressive resistance against an overwhelming force. And not mindless stupid pacifism "If you let your enemy slap you, you win".

I know the other phrases have similar meanings, but I want to know the exact ones and not just speculate.

Attached: 4d656ef33054c2f5e0f0e62132ede35bdc032369a98996d8c60c2284ae9d36bb.jpg (3750x5150, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/299783?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
archive.is/Qkdys
christogenea.org/essays/classical-records-and-german-origins-part-one
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's saying stab the fucker with the sword you have over your fireplace.

Can you elaborate please? I want authentic and detailed information, so I can repeat this to my mom.

I just explained her the "turn the other cheek" quote. I want to redpill my mom about this.

Attached: 897978798da6067bac7e2a70727992a57a3a1210517fa343a362e6bf93aa7698.png (561x560, 721.54K)

Posting this quadroon won't win you many sympathetic replies.

That is some grade A bullshit sophistry, user.

What is sophistry?

Why? She can at least produce one white baby, before dying because of her chronic bad health and sicklyness in her 40s.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 4.52K)

The guy in this photo can teach you, but your owners don't want you to know that. Learn what happened to Tay. They will kill you too if you find out the truth.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (700x638, 568.17K)

Quadroons all look a like (pic related)

Attached: pp,550x550.u1.jpg (550x550, 31.83K)

If you turn your other cheek you coin the insult into an invitation to a fight. If the attacker decides to slap you again, then the fault is on him when a fight breaks out. It is basically a guy punching or insulting you and you reply with "DO/SAY THAT AGAIN!" Today, chances are little then someone would hold back after you, but depending on the time you live there is more or less honor among men.

Roman law enabled native Romans (or Roman soldiers?) to order non-Romans to carry their stuff for exactly one mile and not more. If a Jew or whatever non-Roman would walk more than the Roman has the right to demand, you'd get him into legal trouble. The Roman would beg one to stop walking, or else he would abuse his rights as Roman native citizen.

Shaming tactic. The thought process behind it: "Oh, you sue me for my clothes, you can have the rest as well"; the Mosaic Law says in Deuteronomany 24:13: "Return their cloak by sunset so that your neighbor may sleep in it. Then they will thank you, and it will be regarded as a righteous act in the sight of the LORD your God." Your debtor should still be treated humanely, and with that act he would challenge your reputation and good standing.

Jesus taught us not to be self-castrated doormats and migration fetishists, but to fight back smartly and use the methods of your enemy to your own advantage. Pacifism was never advocated for all situations, but as a first option if the situation allows. Reacting thoughtful and smart saves a lot of unneccessary strife and hatred for one another. You might even make a friend out of your enemy.

Attached: Jesus.png (960x480 584.21 KB, 45.81K)

I dont believe that considering that the context is the Roman Occupation of Palestine.

What would happen to him?

Why did the guy take the cloack from his neighbour in the first place?

But thanks user, this is what I have been asking for. Not sure about the first one though,

Yeah, a real role model of genetic purity. Interesting thread otherwise, and thanks for it, but fuck off with that shit.

Her father and mother both died early because of bad health.
Her mutt genes make her unfit. She is constantly sickly and her allergies prevent her from ever being an IRL streamer.

Attached: venti.jpg (1280x524, 342K)

I always understood "turning your other cheek" to be about not getting involved in unnecessary fights. If someone slaps you, the only thing that gets hurt is your pride. There is no reason escalate and start a fight, and turning your other cheek was giving the other person a chance to calm down. I didn't even realize that anyone took it mean getting slapped around was a good thing.

Attached: pepe_fine_art.jpg (2209x2921, 1.01M)

Then don't believe it. And it was not Palestine, but Judea. Judea was not completely taken over in a civilisatory sense. The Jews were heavily divided among themselves. They were the one's that sympathized with the secular influences (like from the Greeks and Romans), then the Pharisees and then the very religious ascetics. Judea was still influenced and run for the most part by Jews/Judeans, so having a sense of honor was not so strange. Customs 2,000 years ago were completely different than today, especially in the MIddle East, which still has some of the ancient customs in their societies.

Dunno, I only know it was against the law. Pay $12 to find out more: jstor.org/stable/299783?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Because of debt.

It doesn't mean that, and you can use context to easily determine it.

Mantle means coat. Mantel is what's above your fireplace (which wasn't a thing back then)

I was under the impression that it meant to turn your face so that they would have to hit you with their non-shit hand, thus forcing them to acknowledge you as an equal.

You do understand he was being sarcastic right?

bump for hottie

The guy is a fucking retard who thinks that a mulatto can have white kids.

How about this one, christcuck?

I'd love to bury my tongue deep between her cheeks.

You don't understand shit. Nobody believes you, fucking christcuck

Retard thread. You have no idea what christianity is. Love your enemy, do not resist evil, and forgiveness don't mean "get into good fights."

Don't get me started on the OP, ultra retard mental gymnastics to defend your shitty religion. Get this, maybe if your religion requires this much taqiyya to defend, then just maybe it isn't that great to begin with.

checked. op is a spectacular megabundle of sticks.

Attached: yule_logs.jpg (600x522, 38.15K)

Attached: Christianity - Its The Opposite of What Is Said, Goy.JPG (2577x615, 281.66K)

faggot

Sorry, moishe, you’ll have to do better than that.

Why did you post a picture of a deformed mutant?

2,000 years later, and the synagogue of satan is still spewing the same lies. I'm actually embarrassed for you pathetic hooknose niggers at this point, being so wretchedly stupid you can only regurgitate the fucktardations of your inbred ancestors.

Attached: 05122018185032.jpg (708x700, 92.1K)

Are these the ones you wanted?
Anyway, the turn the other cheek is meaning "Bait the idiot into destroying himself publicly" If in Roman times you struck a slave you owned as an equal, you had to manumit (free) him. Also the extra mile thing refers to the Roman law of impressment. A soldier can force a conquered citizen to carry his pack for a mile, but no more. If the citizen were to keep the pack and walk more with it, the soldier would have to beg it back, lest the Centurion see and assign him to dirty tasks for a week like cleaning latrines by hand, or breaking rocks. It means to maliciously comply with forced labour.

Attached: Spoon fork and meat, christians vs the old ways.png (1201x3190 43.68 KB, 2.31M)

Socrates critiques it. Basically it is using rhetorical tricks to win arguments dishonestly. He's calling your explanation of the turning the other cheek thing bullshit. The second half is right with Roman slapping, but Romans didn't give a shit about barbaric practices. They didn't use their left hands much because they were predominantly right-handed, which as a result was normally their best slapping hand. Think about it - what could be more insulting to a person than to slap them with your shit-wiping hand if that is what you believed. Romans didn't believe that.

The verse is, "And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also." Specifically it was a tunic and a cloak, which would render a person naked. Seeing a man naked, or worse making him naked, is meant to shame the suing party in the eyes of those around him. It is meant to give the option to the suing party either to endure the shame of doing such a thing, or to not sue for the tunic in the first place. It goes along with turning the other cheek and walking the extra mile in suggesting ways for the powerless party to use the hostile party's own morality, culture, and conscience against him in order to affect an end of abuse. It's extremely clever and extremely aggressive what Jesus is suggesting.

You're right about walking the extra mile (Roman soldiers have heavy shit to carry) and the mantle-returning idea, but the slapping is as I mentioned above. Romans would be more confused than angry at the gesture since it would be seen as unjust to attack someone who merely turned their face to a Roman. You know this is the case because Roman soldiers wouldn't hesitate to put down an uppity barbarian if he threatened him, and Roman magistrates didn't take kindly to people who challenged Roman rule.

Considering that the Romans would execute soldiers who slept on watch or practiced Decimation for bad legion behavior (drawing lots to where 10% of the soldiers were beaten to death by the spared 90%), the punishment would not be good for unjustly abusing wards.

Not really, it's about avoid conflicts you can't win. If a Roman soldier slaps you and you fight back, you end up on a fucking cross or gutted in the street as such a filthy profligate deserves. Obviously that option isn't useful, but it is also unpleasant to submit to what was seen by the Jews as unwanted foreign occupation. Jesus offers ways to fight back when you are physically and politically unable to otherwise by understanding your enemy and using their unique thinking and values to your advantage.

Jesus was a subversive and was killed for it. The only reason Christianity has any redeeming factors for Europeans today is that it was adopted by the best of Europeans and transformed by degrees into basically neo-Paganism exemplified by the Crusaders, monks, and knightly orders. Maybe it would have been better if the Romans never finagled with Christianity in the first place and adopted some evolution of classical paganism instead, but that kind of Christianity is a more useful and beneficial construct for Europeans as proven by their success through it. What is necessary is a return to a morality of virtue from the modern decadence. And because the christcuck versus paganshit stuff is useless D&C and I hate how it always turns into this shit.

Attached: A British-Roman Song, Rudyard Kipling.png (1461x1131, 2.08M)

Kill yourself you piece of shit.

They'll just repost and make three new threads. You have to give them credit, they're persistent.

OR can be a useful epistemological tool under certain circumstances, but by no means is it some kind of universal law. As a kike fraudster once said: make everything as simple as possible - but not simpler.

Go drink some lethal poison and live, OP. It is promised to you exactly the same way eternal life is promised to if you believe in jewboy.

I remember reading a post on here or the other chan years ago that explained 'turn the other cheek' a bit differently. The idea was that men slap with the back of their hand, only a woman slaps with an open palm. By turning the other cheek you force your opponent to slap you like a woman. If they try slapping you properly then they'll hit you in the face and thus be escalating the situation way out of proportion. Either way you make them look dumb in front of everyone.

Jesus was simply too smart and redpilled to say, "slap the fucker back" and so we are left having to explain to the other goyim how what has been translated from jewish languages is in fact different than what based Christ actually meant.

You're clearly not White and don't belong here.
>>>Zig Forums

Forgot to say based and white Christ because he obviously was

WHY IS HER FACE SO FUCKED UP
THIS ISN'T NORMAL

THIS IS NOW A THREAD ABOUT MEDICAL ISSUES THAT AFFECT MUTT PEOPLE

Attached: different-kinds-of-syndrome-4-728.jpg (728x546, 78.93K)

Jesus saved all races. Cut the bigotry

"All Jews are living gods on earth and must be fellated daily, or else you will be banished to eternal hellfire and damnation."
-Book written by Mongolians
This part of the bible is interpreted literally by all christians to ever exist and is the exclusive reason for the destruction of civilization and the extinction of the white race. The 9 "real christians" in the entire world, who exist only on the board will tell you the opposite. I read the book instead of listening to them.

Since you prefer a godly nigger than a pagan white Jesus approves of all illnesses that come from race-mixing. Jesus desires you to condemn the only natural way human can be reborn - through your children. Jesus desire for you you to be tainted in your reincarnation. If it wasn't so then God wouldn't have made race mixed babies mentally and physically lesser than non mixed ones yet approves of the practice anyway.
Jesus hates you and wishes for you to be weak and a tells you to give everything you have to others. He says that you must be weak and without worth only then will he come to save you. Except he lied, he will never come. The only thing that is coming is the enemy armies that will be at an advantage because you are waiting for somebody else to save you, because you are too weak to save yourself.
Jesus hates you.

Attached: 2d9330901f6f93ab3b7715b2f90ab6dc65ca186bd91efc5228e394a30e0517c8.jpg (604x585, 77.89K)

Look dude, i care more about the kingdom of heaven after I am brought back than what you racists say on earth. All of God's children (jews and people of color too) all deserve respect and are unequivocally equal. I'm sorry you cannot or will not accept this, but it's never too late to accept the love of Christ and be saved

Kek. This is why your faggy religion is dying. Well..one of many reasons. Hope you come to your senses cuck, before your bullshit comes home to roost.

There is no such thing. You only believe but there is no proof of it. You reject the worldly for the heavenly yet you exist it the worldly and have no proof of the heavenly. Those that convinced you in the heavenly lied to you, lied to you so they can take all of your worldly possessions, such as family, home, people and nation.
You preach and preach and preach and preach till the sun raises yet what you preach never comes true. Yet the enemy armies are on the horizon. You will die by the enemy armies hoping for the heavenly but the only thing you will receive is darkness, you will not have the knowledge that you reincarnated as your children will live on for a better future, no, you egoistically die in hopes for a salvation that will never come. The ultimate reward for your faith.
Christ hates you.

Why are you posting Sid from ice age?

Too add:
You were tricked in the easy way to heaven, through simply trusting, by believing. Well a fool believe in anything, no matter how nonsensical. Instead of working hard, defending your people, land, nation and family so your reincarnations can live in a more heavenly place you want the easy route of simply jumping egoistically desire for you as person to be reach heaven, not work together to make heaven on Earth for yourself and those around you.

I've experienced the divine first hand.

You experienced your father's smelly pimp hand.

And you deserved it.

One who believe so hard in something will inevitably delude himself that its real. You have experienced nothing.

Whether or not you believe me, I was only pretending to be retarded. I was just parroting the bullshit these people spout everyday. I should have done the whole, "Jesus is White" thing but don't have time. What are your guys' spiritual/religious beliefs? Not that I care, just curious. I'm mostly pantheist/naturalist/deist but open and encourage paganry

Have fun being killed by the niggers you adopt.

reported for muttposting

Bullshit. Jesus had only scorn and disdain for non-adamic races, see the story of the Samarian (= Kenite) woman.

Yet Christianity in practice doesn't care for it.

When you look at that face you can see exactly what H P Lovecraft meant by 'the Innsmouth look', and why that whole story was about race mixing.

These are irrelevant, the only two important ones are these:
1. When the bible was translated from greek to latin they changed
Thou shalt love thy "greek word meaning: racial brother" as thyself
to

Attached: ss.jpg (3200x2000 2.22 MB, 3.4M)

Partially agree. Especially the (((scofielded))) US Evangelicals and the (((vatican-II'd))) Catholics. Orthodoxy is more or less uncucked, though, and CI is noticeably growing since a few years.

Not Zig Forums. >>>Zig Forums

do you know where you are?

Klassen and Pierce were right, you guys are megacucks.

Judea was overrun by Jews, who are Edomite offspring spawned from Esau and his Cannanite wives, and their shitskin golems by the time Rome occupied Judea.

Esau is their father. On a family tree, it looks like Esau > Jacob > Abraham. Jews lie when they say Abraham is their father. Its like saying Obama is White because his great grandfather is White and ignoring his nigger father.

Jews are lying again. Whites came through the Cacauses mountain and built in the middle east long before shitskins overrun it. Shem is one of the 12 tribes of Abraham. The jews father is Esau and they are his mixed race spawn, so they are not from the tribe of Shem.

By the time Jesus came about, Judea was like today's Detroit and Rome was a mixed race army like the Atlanta or LA police from the many from conquests and invasions of shitskin neighbors. Is it any wonder the remaining Whites were under attack and had to cleverly outwit the lowIQ savages by walking an extra mile?

You would be too if you lived in a shitskin utopia.

Paganism is worshiping the mixed race fathers. Gouge out your eye and hang yourself from a tree.

No, stupid. Abraham is the father of Isaac, and Jacob and Esau are Issac's twin sons. Esau is the father of the Edomites

How could you not take it to mean that, like wtf? Do you take the verses that say God will hold His covenant with Judah forever and that Judah is a bastion of morality to mean don't trust those sneaky people who claim to be descended from Judah, God hates them?

That's how I see it. If you're going to claim an Israelite supremacist novel is the most holy book on the planet you better be an Israelite or you're cucking yourself HARD. How right wing Christians (who have actually read their Bible) can possibly interpret their religion in a based manner without white Israelism and straight ignoring some of what Jesus said is beyond me.

Attached: 1507258790967s.jpg (250x220, 6.33K)

Ancient Israelites were white Aryans, and all modern Europeans are their descendents. The kikes are descended from the enemies of Ancient Israel who converted to their religion and began racemixing with them.
Europeans are the true Israelites.
archive.is/Qkdys
christogenea.org/essays/classical-records-and-german-origins-part-one

CI is the only explanation I've found that makes sense. It still kind of weird how Europe could go AT LEAST a whole century with a cucked interpretation of Christianity and still survive. But maybe I'm speaking too soon because Europe and the US look quite nearly dead.

We don't do bigotry here. Bigotry means a total lack of consideration for opposing points. We have considered our opponents' points and have found them worthy of gas on their own merits, not as a senseless kneejerk or me too mentality.

Alternatively, one could argue that it's a mocking gesture to offer them the other cheek after receiving the first slap.

Basically telling them that your enemy is so beneath your consideration that you offer the other one instead.

Not that the pagan dunces and atheist fags who are currently shitting up this thread with their jew propaganda, their Nietzschean strawmen, and their general lack of understanding would understand that.

I mean, all they do is cherry pick everything that supports their POV, never mind that they end up supporting the Jews as a consequence despite the Jews anti-christian directive. (And Hollywood "Christian" movies don't count as an excuse. That's them trying to cuck and subvert Christianity further and you are wrong if you thought that was valide counter-argument)

Seriously, Zig Forums could do better without midwit, Gamma Male Jewish slaves that all pagans and atheists tend to be. Oh wait, pagans are what the atheists became.

This.

Jesus allowed himself to be sacrificed. The angels would have stopped it if he commanded them to. He said something like what you do to the least of my people you do to me also. That's why I think it means literally to turn the other cheek. Like you allow them to curse themselves doubly if they slap you again. It also says the meek shall inherit the earth. I'm not sure what that means. Someone was telling me they would rather inherit heaven because the earth sucks. Maybe there's multiple interpretations and they're all true, like a double entendre or something.

Didn't you get the memo? Chutzpah doesn't work anymore.
Stop getting circumcised, it really does fuck up the brain.

The word 'meek' was translated from a word that refers to having a sheathed sword. So rather than being weak, you have the means to kill, but show restraint until it is necessary.

so being a little bitch? some fucker slaps you take your fists and beat him like a real man. christcucks are such pussies

Showing quite some originality there, Ori.

Why don't you go ask your pic-related e-whore!
#THOTAUDIT

Gib up dem cheeks boi

Ay yo lemme see dem rabbit eears nigguh

OH SORRY MASSAH GUESS IZ JUST A PACK NIGGUH HUUUUH?

Nigger shit.

You mad I can drink those and still lose fat user?

Nope, I let him slap me and see if he's man enough to hit me like a man, or just, or just slap me like a woman would. You've got your wires crossed. Only women and pimps slap.

Pimps because they don't want to hurt the merchandise when it forgets to bring his money back.

Doing the Lord's work. Carry on.

It's an act of rebellion and defiance. Turning the other cheek means you will not submit nor will you concede. I always took it to mean stand firm, fully resolved in your beliefs, and to fear no man and the physical harm they can cause you. Any man who seeks to lead by means of fear is not worthy of your respect nor are they worthy of authority.

2 Thessalonians 2:15
"So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught…."
1 Corinthians 16:13
"Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong."

These are acts of a free man opperating in a captive world.

You defeated something alright.

That's an overthought explanation for an actually simpler action. You turn the other cheek WITHOUT FLINCHING: meaning you can take it and the enemy's blows are useless.

if you took all of the semitism and equality and jesus and yahweh etc, if you took every shit out of christianity, what is left?
the only good thing about christianity is white people, so please leave that trashbin and do your own thing
you dont need jesus, jesus needs you

You know "blood is thicker than water"?
Well the original is "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb", so godly niggers are closer to you than your own not-christcuck kin.
Based.

No such thing as a godly nigger. Black me of god aren't niggers.

Men of God*
I don't need to be blacked.

You say Jesus needs me as if he were alive? Do you believe Jesus is alive, user? Wouldn't someone like you believe Jesus was just a man and is dead?
Clearly you believe Jesus resurected from death. The proof is that you are talking about Jesus in the present tense, as if he were here.

You are absolutely patheitc. You can't see beyond anything that isn't right in front of you. You're a real loser.

Jews want anti-semetic warnings applied to the New Testament. Think about that. Jews think the very book that claims Jews are Gods chosen people should have ant-semetic warnings.

You're too much of a pussy to follow Jesus. You've been cucked by the Jewish religion of Atheism. Won't be much longer until you're a full blown communist. And you'll have no defense against it becuase you abandoned Christianity. lol

Angels are blond haired blue eyed whites, dressed in white. White represents purity, holiness, righteousness. Why do you think Jews are so desparate to mate with white people? They're trying to steal and destroy our genetic purity.

The reason people see Jesus the pussy instead of Jesus whipper of jews. Is because of hollywood and disney. The premise was simple let young kids continuously watch a pussy whipped jesus preach peace and this would in theory pacify our populace. The real Jesus was different.

Attached: 9a6c2273cdd1ed71011bf9de5157d2159998bd855a6916d895951b1b5e163e3f.jpg (500x500, 104.12K)

That's fine that you think that. Go look at any depiction of Angels by the Masters. You're just plain wrong.

Angels are model tier girls or women. Only on Kikevision are they male.

Kebabs taste great, better than Gyros.

Sin = to miss the mark, as in archery. I.e., knowingly doing something wrong.

What?
Archangel Michael is a woman? Riduculous

William Finck has been trying to prove his (((interpretation))) and headcanon for more than a decade. Every article he writes descends into admissions of inserting interpretation, inference, and even the final paragrah there begins by him admitting that history is a paradox to his hypothesis that bible jews were white.

He cannot deal with the fact that bible jews weren't white so much that he calls it a paradox. When you post fiction as evidence, you have no basis to stand on. Finck wasted his life trying to marry white nationalism to judaism-for-whites.

Cool christthread OP! Hey can you post more mulatto waifus for me to not jerk-off to? I can't wait to race-mix in the name of our lord jesus cucks!

Clearly Christ still treated men and women differently. Are you so dense as to take the saying literally, and ignore the "in Christ" part?

Modern Jews have nothing to do with the people of Judah. They don't even share a similar language.