US warship sails in disputed South China Sea amid trade tensions

US warship sails in disputed South China Sea amid trade tensions
The busy waterway is one of a growing number of flashpoints in the US-China relationship.
The US military said one of its warships sailed near the disputed Scarborough Shoal claimed by China in the South China Sea on Sunday, a move likely to anger Beijing at a time of tense ties between the world`s two biggest economies.
The busy waterway is one of a growing number of flashpoints in the US-China relationship, which also include a trade war, US sanctions and Taiwan.
The US destroyer Preble carried out the operation, a U.S. military spokesman told Reuters.
"Preble sailed within 12 nautical miles of Scarborough Reef in order to challenge excessive maritime claims and preserve access to the waterways as governed by international law," said Commander Clay Doss, a spokesman for the Seventh Fleet.

Attached: warshipsouthchina-sea.jpg (940x665, 65.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/obsolete-battleship-why-us-navy-still-building-aircraft-carriers-52937
lewrockwell.com/2018/07/donald-w-miller-jr-md/the-day-us-military-supremacy-ended/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vietnamese here, it's our fucking sea you goddamn chink.

I like getting my dick up in Vietnamese girls. Best pussy in the world.

Evil.

gross

Hurray, more profits for the military-industrial complex!

I want #1 fucky

OP talks about current story in S. China Sea.

Posts pic of USS cole with a big hole from a Popeye Cruise Missile fired by an Israeli Dolphin Class Sub.

In this timeline Israel is our closest ally and Chinese are our deadly enemy.

Yeah, let us kill lot's of Muzzies.
Fuck those Sandniggers

Kill everybody but hug the jewish plague rat to our bosom.

Fuck religion.
I found a muzzy faggot goat fucker.
You mad.
Iran is going to lose 50% of population .
HA HA HA,… I killed 8 Muzzies myself. I watched them cry like a bitch while i pissed in their mouth while they died.
My brothers are coming to do what we did in Iraq to Iran.
HA HA HA> I hope we kill your grandma.

And I just dug a jewish plague rat out of the dung heap.

I am Aryan blonde blue eyed.
I see anyone who Hates Islam must be Jew.
I bet you fucked your sister after your mom showed you how. then you fucked a goat.

Nope. You're a jew, 169%.

Says a nigger.
You just mad cause I owned you.
Fucking niggers never learn.

WARSHIP SAILS SOMEWHERE ON WATER

ALERT THE FUCKING MEDIA

degenerate and foul. I am surprised you don't just start fucking goats.

Thanks for giving the USSR a bunch of supplies to beat Germany and then allow China to fall to communism as a result, America.

Obama father from Iran that Obama gave billions of dollars, are going to cry when they get bombed. Die Muzzy scums//

Jews are liars. You are a jew. You are a liar.

You only say to grasp yout hate of the west.
We are not going to join your war against Israel.
I say let you fight and kill each other.
Muzzy goat fucker.
BTW you sound upset>
HA HA HA

Only a jew would identify Israel with "the west" when everyone knows that jews are the mortal enemies of the west.

Thus once again I have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a jew.

Attached: 7869.jpg (196x266, 8.77K)

Attached: 220px-Diana_Mitford_Photo.jpg (220x348, 17.41K)

I'm just posting these to purge this room of the stench of the jew.

Attached: images.jpg (188x268, 8.63K)

Attached: skorzeny-before-during-and-after-the-war.jpg (800x420, 75.09K)

Attached: ramsay-nameless-war.jpg (462x594 14.63 KB, 38.71K)

Attached: images.jpg (196x257, 10.45K)

Attached: coughlin.jpg (250x250, 8.02K)

Sink to the desert, parasite

C'mon jew, why don't you just go ahead and tell us how you really feel about that great American hero, Charles Lindbergh?

There's bigger problems for the US than some fucking islands or Chinese military assertiveness.

Literally nothing China can do. The United States can't be beaten militarily so unless China tries to wait out the empire, which it's well positioned to do, it'll have to continue to take these embarrassing encroachments on supposedly claimed territory.

Attached: Aircraft-Carriers.gif (850x1076, 115.58K)

You do realize aircraft carriers are totally obsolete and won't even last one week in a full scale war with China and Russia? So are all surface ships.

I'll bet you like fucking French jews too.

People always spout this, but I've yet to see any evidence backing it up.
What's the anti-carrier trump card everyone alludes to? Drones? Are they impervious to current anti-air, or ship defences like the phalanx, or the Navy's new lasers?

I've hears sunburn missiles render them obsolite. However, it's tough to confirm this

having a mobile base to launch planes isn't as important. maybe a couple, but having 2 more aircraft carriers than your opponent means shit

Enjoy your delusions.

The USA has the world's largest army, if only they would stop sucking the jews balls and stand up for themselves.

Kek trapped in the WWII paradigm…

God, people like you are stupid.

nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/obsolete-battleship-why-us-navy-still-building-aircraft-carriers-52937

The famed Adm. Horatio Nelson observed that “a ship’s a fool to fight a fort.” In the new age that is dawning, the “fort” is an increasingly sophisticated range of over-the-horizon anti-ship missiles that render surface ships vulnerable, and which will deny them proximity to the coastlines where U.S. carriers have reigned for decades.

These include ballistic missiles fired from a wide range of platforms, including easy to conceal mobile launchers. In a sweeping 2013 paper on the carrier’s future, Navy Capt. Henry Hendrix estimated China could produce 1,227 DF-21D ballistic anti-ship missiles for the cost of a single U.S. carrier.

Although one missile might not sink a carrier, a single missile might cause sufficient damage to take it out of commission.

Further, the radar signature of a 100,000-ton ship is very large and the sensors used on the carrier’s current defense systems only increase that signature.

In such an attack, the fleet must be able to defend against a large number of incoming weapons approaching on evasive trajectories at greater than twice the speed of sound, while the attacker needs to only score a few hits. These new anti-ship missiles “put U.S. forces on the wrong side of physics,” the U.S. Naval War College’s Andrew Erickson warned.

Emerging anti-ship technology also places the aircraft carrier on the wrong side of basic arithmetic.

In its capacity as a force projection platform, the carrier operates by launching various types of attack and tactical fighter aircraft from its decks. The unrefueled radius of the Navy’s current F/A-18E Super Hornet falls within 390–450 nautical miles. The F-35 Joint Strike Fighter will have an unrefueled combat radius of 730 nautical miles.

The Department of Defense, however, estimates that the range of the DF-21D anti-ship missile to be 1,500–1,750 nautical miles and some speculate the range to be greater.

If it's not a submarine, it's useless in a real war.

Attached: 1101540111_400.jpg (400x527, 42.77K)

Now let’s take a look at the unofficial record derived from war games. In 2002, the U.S. Navy held a large simulated war game, the Millennium Challenge, to test scenarios of attacks on the fleet by a hypothetical Gulf state — Iraq or possibly Iran.

The leader of the red team employed brilliant asymmetric tactics resulting in 16 U.S. ships, including two supercarriers, going to the bottom in a very short span of time. The Navy stopped the war game, prohibited the red team from using these tactics and then reran the exercise declaring victory on the second day.

As with Billy Mitchell and the Ostfriesland, according to the Navy the sinkings never happened. But, as Robert Gates noted in his memoirs, “the enemy always gets a vote.”

Ballistic missiles are just the most recent challenge to carrier vulnerability. “I would argue that you can put a ship out of action faster by putting a hole in the bottom [with a torpedo] than by putting a hole in the top [with a weapon like the DF-21],” former U.S. Naval Operations chief Gary Roughhead said.

This extends to diesel submarines. Although the number of simulated “sinkings” by ships of the Navy is officially unacknowledged, there are reports of around a dozen U.S. aircraft carriers being “sunk” in exercises with friendly countries including Canada, Denmark and Chile.

In 2005, the USS Ronald Reagan was “sunk” by the Gotland, an electric diesel sub that the U.S. Navy borrowed from Sweden between 2005 and 2007 and which was never detected in exercises by U.S. carrier groups during all that time.

Although it’s true that the Soviets and the Americans never faced off in an actual naval battle, there is every reason to believe that they would have had some success against the “invulnerable” carriers. As far back as 1968, a fast nuclear powered Russian submarine matched the Enterprise at top speed in the Pacific.

In 1995, Israeli Adm. Yedidia Ya’ri wrote in the 2005 Naval War College Review that the Russian SS-N-22 “Muskit” anti-ship missile “can probably penetrate any existing defense system, hard or soft-kill, especially when launched in salvos.”

Brazil has a fucking air craft carrier? Brazil has aircraft? What the fuck

also this

That's interesting, but I'd wager this is the kind of thing the navy developed/is developing lasers for:

Thanks for pulling those quotes together btw, user.

But that's just airborne missiles. Doesn't even begin to deal with supercavitation torpedos. Even around 2000 Scientific American did an article on those where they mention that in principle, there's not reason why a supercavitation torpedo could break the sound barrier under water. The Russians claim to have developed 70ft long supercavitation torpedo/underwater drones with new generation shoebox sized nuclear reactors that could operate autonomously at deep depths for years waiting to be activated. Depending on their warheads these could have conventional warheads that could destroy a carrier or nuclear warheads that could take out an entire carrier group.

lewrockwell.com/2018/07/donald-w-miller-jr-md/the-day-us-military-supremacy-ended/

And if it's a cobalt weapon that area will be unlivable for 5000 years.

faster torpedoes = more noise = nearby us submarines intercept it before it hits the carrier

why do you think so much money was/is sunk into UUVs and P-8s? They don't do anything except look for torpedoes, then deploy their own to intercept them.

Cool story Nguyen but no one here gives a shit

heh… >inb4 false flag

More like USA gets sucked deep into insane multiethnic multireligious war with grievances dating back thousands of years while China decides to blockade Taiwan and there's nothing we could do about it. Suddenly semiconductor and computer monitor prices skyrocket. Thanks jews.

I call BS

US regularly sails ships through this area of the South China Sea. It is called Freedom of Navigation Operations. It is nothing new