REAL ID: Not even a Law: TSA plans to put new lying signs in airports

papersplease.org/wp/2019/04/04/tsa-plans-to-put-new-lying-signs-in-airports/

archive.is/fpzMc

web.archive.org/web/20190605060138/https://papersplease.org/wp/2019/04/04/tsa-plans-to-put-new-lying-signs-in-airports/

According to a press release issued today by the Transportation Security Administration, the TSA plans to start posting signs as shown above in airports throughout the USA, claiming that “ID Requirements Are Changing” and that “Beginning Beginning October 1, 2020, you will need a REAL ID compliant license or another acceptable form of ID, such
as a valid passport or U.S. military ID, to fly within the U.S.”

According to today’s TSA press release:

REAL ID-compliant licenses or other acceptable forms of ID, such as a valid passport, federal government PIV card or U.S. military ID, will be mandatory for air travel beginning on October 1, 2020. Critically important, on October 1, 2020, individuals who are unable to verify their identity will not be permitted to enter the TSA checkpoint and will not be allowed to fly.

These signs and this and similar press releases are lies.

This isn’t the first time, and probably won’t be the last, that the TSA and/or DHS have made lying statements, issued lying press releases, or posted lying signs about the REAL-ID Act and ID to fly.

Is ID required to fly? No.

One would expect “requirements” announced by a Federal agency to be contained in laws or regulations. But the TSA’s own lawyers, officials, and witnesses testifying under oath have told judges in every lawsuit ion which the issue has arisen that no law or regulation required domestic air travelers to have, carry, or show any ID cards or credentials.

The TSA’s responses to our Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA) requests for its records of people who show up at TSA and TSA-contractor checkpoints at airports without ID show that more than 98% of them — hundreds a day, and tens of thousands every year — are allowed to continue to board their flights without carrying or showing ID.

Is this scheduled to change? No.

Changes to Federal laws require action by Congress. No bill has been introduced in the current Congress (or ever, so far as we can tell) that would impose any ID requirement for air travel.

Changes to Federal regulations require a process governed by the Administrative Procedure Act that starts with a “Notice of Proposed Rulemaking” (NPRM) published in the Federal Register. No notice of any proposed rules related to ID to fly has been published.

Attached: real-id.png (690x881, 152.33K)

In 2016, the TSA published a notice that it planned to seek approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) — but had not yet sought that approval — for a new version of a form some air travelers without ID have been asked to fill out. (Because the form has never been submitted to, or approved by, OMB, its use is illegal and no penalty can lawfully be imposed for declining to respond to the questions on the form.)

We pointed out to the TSA and OMB that it was improper to ask OMB to approve this form without first enacting a law or promulgating regulations providing a legal basis for the form. Other organizations and individuals also objected to the proposed form. The TSA has neither responded to any of the objections nor submitted the form for OMB approval.

Will the REAL-ID Act of 2005 change this? No.

The REAL-ID Act and implementing regulations are concerned only with which ID cards are considered “acceptable”, in circumstances in which some (other) valid Federal law regulations requires ID for some Federal purpose. The REAL-ID Act itself did not purport to impose any new ID requirements, either when it was enacted, in 2010, or ever.

Will I still be allowed to fly without ID in the future? Maybe, maybe not. That’s up to the TSA. But if the TSA or its contractors prevent you from traveling, without a lawful basis, they will be violating your rights and breaking the law.

Since the TSA is wielding power by secret internal orders and security directives to staff, contractors, and airlines, announced (if at all) through press releases rather than through proper formal notices in the Federal Register, it’s impossible to say with certainty what it will try to do. What it will do is likely to depend, in significant part, on its assessment of how widely and strongly particular assertions of illegitimate authority will be resisted.

The TSA has been making threats to start harassing residents of states and territories that it hasn’t chosen — in what it has claimed is its standardless discretion — to certify as being sufficiently “compliant” with the REAL-ID Act, or to give extensions of time to comply. These certifications and extensions of time have had little apparent relationship with actual compliance, so they too are impossible to predict.

The next of these threats is an extension of time to California to comply with the REAL-ID Act which is scheduled to expire at the end of the day on April 10, 2019.

We suspect, especially after today’s press release — which focuses on an arbitrary date of October 1, 2020, rather than any of the “extension” expiration dates — that the DHS will either certify California and all of the other states and territories as “compliant” (even if they aren’t) or extend their time to comply until October 1, 2020.

the papers please meme used by cypheranarchists is weak. how the fuck else was the Reich able to so efficiently relocate the kikes to work camps in the east, other than by having papers please at every travel way stop?

i only wish the DHS and TSA and Federal faggot traitors were 1/100th as efficient as the Reich. my god, just imagine that glad day when the 32 million illegal beaners could no longer board a plane, train, bus, subway or even a fucking Uber, because their stolen identity social security card does not match their biometrics? i can only dream of the day when the NSA perverts stop jacking off to dick pics in PRISM and spying on opponents of Democrats and builds a program code named TACOTIME that hooks RealID verification up to a nationwide real time alert system that summons ICE blackhawk choppers to any location where an illegal is found.

then after the beaners are deported like an extra hot enchilda spewing out of your asshole the next morning, this same RealID system can be repurposed to expel the kikes for the 110th time.

the whole goddamn Mexican invasion could be stopped yesterday. we have the technology to do it. what we lack are leaders with the will power to do it. the reason our leaders are chicken shit cowards at enforcing the Law of the Land is because they do not fear the wrath of the electorate enough to save their own traitorous necks from the rope.

I don't own property there fore i have no bills, so I couldn't get the beaner pass, I'm sure the mexicans will, they can just get a drivers license and SS from california

the reinstated the ss double check program

Bootlicker

Bump

>>>Zig Forums
But I agree too much appeal to authority. The invasion could be stopped yesterday indeed, but with live ammunition, police raids and mass graves. It would literally take under a week to clean the entire country up and wash the streets in their blood. Just sayin’

why do they want this real id shit so bad? does it have a GPS chip in it or something? how do they differ from a traditional id?

You know this will more likely lead to you being expelled than them? No government parasites are going to give up 32 million votes, especially those which allow them to leech more money through various schemes.

Agree

In traditional ID, the records are kept in the state databases. With Real-ID, the records are in the federal database. They also are a step away from ceasing to be State IDs to become National IDs. Other than that, there are security features added under guidelines to better prevent counterfeiting and that has made a lot of theorists believe that yes, they will eventually be made GPS-enabled.

This, of course, doesn't apply to illegal immigrants who get free flights all over the country courtesy of my taxes.

Real ID Act of 2005
Now make it mandatory to Vote.
Mandatory to Collect any and all Gibs.
Etc.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (450x278 860.96 KB, 45.08K)

Biometrics harvesting.

Doesn't have to be a law for flights nigger. You are free to walk and that is the only freedom the government gives you when it comes to transport. Everything else is at their discretion.

They do not require ID to fly nor are they required to let you board for any fucking reason.

i love watching people argue for their enslavement.

What kind of low class pleb doesn't already have a passport?

Lol yeah right, the NAACP would be out in the streets chimping if you needed any kind of ID to vote

The majority of Americans don't own one.

I guess they're working with the DMV, who says the exact same thing.

1. The vast majority of americans cannot afford to take an vacation over into the next town once a year, never mind go somewhere not america.
2. If you have one as a way to escape when shit goes tits up, you are not going anywhere anyway.
3. Most people are tying to get into the US, not out.
4. Most historical places people would want to visit are now third world shitholes filled with the same diversity they can see at home.
5. The price of whatever trip you make can be better placed in preparing your family for the trials that are already appearing here, a single three hundred dollar ticked will get you a lot of wheatberries or another weekends worth of ammo for your children to practice on, or a few more silver duckets that might be able to pay for passage out of dangerous war zones domestically and into safer areas.

So if your some cum guzzling world trecker whom can afford to cut your own wrist ignoring whats coming, great for you in your child fucking adventures across the pond. One of the few whom can do it left. And I have to ask, why the fuck is someone as oblivious as you here?

From where I live it cost more than $300 even I plan ahead months in advance, every flight requires me to fly to the east coast then fly into Europe. So it's 2 or three flights to get to my destination.

I prefer travel over larping personally but to each his own

A Jihad against Panopticon!

Bumo

Necrobump

Real ID was put in plan during tsa organization under michael chertoff. It is a national ID database administratively run by DHS. It is being connected to all possible organizations and will be integrated by all state services including background checks on atf 4473s which as of last year began using state drivers license numbers for NICS transactions. Michael chertoff is on the board of BAE and is a big ol jew who once compared 9/11 suspicion as equivalent to "Holocaust denial". His father and grandfather were Talmudic scholars.