/housepill/ - lost principles of longlasting building

there is a lot of talk about architecture and ugliness of postmodern design, but rarer do people go deeper in that topic and realize the structural stupidity of modern buildings and their toxicity to humans.

ITT Ill present many principles of longlasting and healthy house buildin Ive gathered from researching architecture and all kinds of building technology, Ill touch on (((construction industry))) which is with (((pharmaceutical industry))) one of the most corrupt ones.

To those who doubt that this is a pol thread, ask yourself about the problem of housing and the problem of quality housing.

Attached: framing osb 2000 McEnhanced EVO.jpg (1024x683 80.77 KB, 505.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=psychrometric chart&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_i7zA79_iAhXCg-AKHUlfBakQ_AUIECgB&cshid=1560202598026278&biw=1140&bih=686
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It’s not really a Zig Forums thread, but we had one of these roughly a year ago.

these are principles to look for in buying or DIYing, Ill go in details…

1st principle - BREATHABILITY

2nd principle - SIMILAR PHISICAL PROPERTIES

3rd principle - INBUILT "FLEX" / IMPACT ABSORBTION

4th – HAT and BOOTS

5th - if you mix materials mix them HORIZONTALLY (gravity will prevent significant movement), avoid vertical layering of different materials as much as you can

OP are you the builder user who knows his shit?

anything relating to specific avenues of kike culture degradation is Zig Forums

I'm going to be building me an earthbag home.

Yup - I remember that thread
Our current cheap construction
buildings made to decompose

1st principle - BREATHABILITY

All walls need to "breath" enough so that moisture will never be trapped anywhere. Modern building materials used by contractors are the worst ones to use. They trap moisture and cause problems that ensure job security for the contractors. Vapor barriers rot houses from the inside out simply from bodily perpetration and cooking moisture. Using vapor barriers requires a host of other support systems to ensure the entire thing actually works just enough to keep contractors from getting sued quickly. That's the main reason why you have extremely old masonry houses and castles still doing well today, yet there are so many modern masonry houses that are falling apart, yet both are well kept and not neglected by their occupants.

Ever felt phisically sick in a modern building and felt like it lacks oxygen, but dont feel that way in a stone house or a log cabin? That is because modern houses are (((airtight))) which is related to asthma problems kids devlop.

all diy is implicitly white and if architecture is pol so it construction

I guess so xD

Attached: wood log cabin american stone.jpg (1024x768, 179.13K)

2nd principle - SIMILAR PHISICAL PROPERTIES

all materials need to have similar physical property's

for example a house from bricks with lime mortar is going to last forever because lime mortar and bricks have similar stretch and flex.

now that house gets repaired with cement mortar because its faster and cheaper and the repaired wall is going to get many cracks because concrete is much harder than lime and harder than the bricks.

same with timber construction houses which wood survived the rain for more years than the USA is old get a new coat of paint.

the people use new latex waterproof extra chemical paint and the wooden beams are compost after 20 years.

why? because MC Paint is going to get a small crack and traps moisture behind it and because its water tight it can never leave the wood until your house collapses.

pic rel - notice that its framed by joinery and not by steel screws. that house will last +100 years

Attached: framing joinery solid wood.jpg (1300x955 59.52 KB, 321.02K)

3rd principle - INBUILT "FLEX" / IMPACT ABSORBTION

Just like God creates man with a brain that floats within the skull in spinal fluid to embrace the impact, house need to do the same. Think judo, embrace the attack, dont fight it heads on.

Earth moves constatnly and McConcrete breakes, McRebar gets wet and enhances braking of McConcrete.

Stone foundations are "flexible" that is why they last so long. Similar principle goes with stone/brick walls.

Attached: stone bridge.jpg (4486x4497 308.22 KB, 1.9M)

4th – Hat and boots

self explanatory - rain/moistuere/ice protection, if you are under the rain, you absoltuly need waterproof boots and wp hat/umbrella, rest is personal pref

Same as with protective clothing - most hardwearing clothing are your helmet and work boots, EVERY reliable house build has respected that principle and is built on quality foundation and a roof with a solid overhang

Attached: house_Dick Proenneke.jpg (1280x969, 1.33M)

Forgot pic and a few reasons
Yeah I think this will do nicely.

Attached: 104a8259bd9d82914aa0d00e853d3905.jpg (700x525 60.41 KB, 172.27K)

5th - if you mix materials mix them HORIZONTALLY (gravity will prevent significant movement)

while layering vertically does give solid thermal properties, it is bound to fail since it isnt compressed by gravity but with moisture and expansion its just a matter of time for your facade to portrude.

Building a thicc monowall with double layers of brick or thicc logs is a far superior option.

pic rel are modern options of insulation that are all shortlasting (even the "good ones" like external rock wool plastered on aerated brick will fail after 20-30 years). We should bring back monowall

Attached: insulation3.jpg (500x333 128.56 KB, 137.49K)

mods are gay if they trash this thread, because it'll be better than anything in the catalogue for months

I plan to build an initial house with cob and eventually build a larger house with stone. Building one out of stone will be an enormous project, and will take many years to complete, but is something that will be able to stay standing for generations if done correctly.
The cob will go up much quicker, and that house can eventually be for other family or be a guest house.
Any anons have experience building their own homes?

Good thread. Bump

I suggest looking into Earthbag designs, friend. It, too, can last for generations, and is easier and cheaper and quicker to complete than 100% stone would be.

OK, enough me preaching, Im willing to help if you have questions but since DIYism is one of the whitest thing you can do I also want to learn tips from other DIY anons.
Also, last time I started this thread here, I contacted some anons via burner mail for advice etc, so here is a proton if you have additional questions on buying house etc.

housepill (et) protonmail . com

this are very good, however, you shouldnt do them in high rain area and possible in cold areas (?) and they create complexities in interiors but provide extreme durability for low investment

you can do both possibly, stone foundations, cob upper, but I recommend just using reinfroced concrete for framing + bricks, much more simple and done more times

Attached: swiss alpine house overhang wood.jpg (735x529, 115.97K)

Nonsense. They're built all the time in tropical jungle nations in Latin America and SE Asia all the time, and they handle the humidity just fine.
Just add insulating particulates to the mix, it's no biggie.

>construction industry
>most corrupt ones.

It is.

also be wary of anyone in construction industry, scams are all over the place, yuppie fags do deserve them doe but everyone without basic knowledge can get scammed heavily

Interesting, Im not familiar with dome/earthbaf houses, how doesnt the roof leak?

I have considered that too. Once I have land I’ll build some stuff like a shed, kids playhouse, or a root cellar to experiment with different materials. But from what I’ve seen I think I prefer cob. A long term stone project is still something I’d like to do, but earthbags could be good for smaller buildings.
Aesthetically they are rather shit, but I guess with good planning an earthbag home could look less like a turd.

It's plastic bags, right? Then plaster is aded to cover the interior/exterior surfaces, so it's pretty damn water-tight. Here's a video that might pique your interest. I got more if you're like.

Different people have different tastes. I personally love the designs and the potential appearances, as well as the undeniable utility.

For some reason, this style of building is standard in continental euope but non present in anglo world, tested with time already and very straightforward to do. No innate problems with it and relativly cheap to do.

Reinforced concrete frame + red brick

do you have video of thar part being build. here is a video of a more conservative approach

>That is because modern houses are (((airtight)))
This is false. Modern building have ventilation.
Citation needed.

Yes.

No. Rebar is used for reinforcing concrete.

This is incomprehensible.

It's like homeopathy for home building. How about some sources. Some numbers. Something that validates what you're saying.

OP has no idea what they're talking about.

I can understand the appeal but they look like turd mounds to me. Would probably only use to build root cellar. I plan to build much larger, with two stories, so earth bags probably not my best bet, and I’d like to keep plastic to a minimum.

What about a house that was all stone? Or mostly stone. Have you seen something like that done? I’ve come across one, took the guy 30 years to build though

Yes, here this one ought to give you an idea. This one was built in Guatemala, a very wet humid place.

this video is just a scratch on the surface of toxicity of modern house builds, forget about xenoestrogens in food, think about the air you breathe in the house and stuff you touch in the house, its all poly based and toxic

they have to have it since they dont breathe by themselves, they RELLY on ventilation (=another expense) but you dont seem to want to understand it.

had the best sleep of my life in one and in blazing summer heat with no AC or HVAC. They are a logistic nightmare to build doe and probably not ideal for very cold areas (wood is better isolator unlike stone), with stone houses you almost alsways have to go deep to count for high thermal mass of stone so that is another expense.

Was there an archive of the last thread? I looked for a while, couldn't find it.

Need to repaint my 100 year old house. What type of paint would you recommend?

In this news coverage, it shows a system with that family-size in mind.

In theory, yes. In practice, if rebar gets wet (any cracks in the concrete, etc) the rebar will rust and expand, destroying the concrete.

thread carefully, they are not a longterm option, if you want to do it right use RC. Im still sceptical about leakage.

It should be in archive, but Ill post an infopasta some user did later, for now this video might be usefull, Peter Ward has a great channel.

avoid everything that is (((super waterproof))), sure water wont get in, but trough walls, but how will water (=moisture created from inside) get out?

all of these bridges are +100 years old, trick to longterm durabiltiy is different that the trick to shortterm durability. With longterm durability you have to build structure with "softer" materials to prevent them becomeing BRITTLE, (similar to tempering steel), but today noone seems to give a shit and then you have catastrophies like Mirandi

here is an infopasta

Attached: bridge_alcantara.jpg (2457x2873 326.89 KB, 671.66K)

Might be fine as a temporary solution, but aesthetics matter, especially if something is going to be around for a long time. Would rather spend years building a stone house with my children that my grandkids could live in, but could live in a turd while doing that I guess, cob just seems more versatile
Girlfriend likes the idea of building our own home, she wants to learn to make stained glass windows for it and do mosaics on the floors.

I didn’t realize that, it’s fairly mild here, usually stays above freezing, but it’s very wet.
I’ve looked at using brick instead, might be easier on the logistics but not sure how the cost would compare

Ornamental Drawing, and Architectural Design by Robert Scott Burn (1857)

Attached: Ornamental Drawing, and Architectural Design by Robert Scott Burn (1857).jpg (788x1252, 379.87K)

Vitruvius - The Ten Books on Architecture (Translated by Morris H. Morgan)(1914)

Attached: Vitruvius - The Ten Books on Architecture (Translated by Morris H. Morgan)(1914).jpg (853x1359, 529.54K)

the quality of modern materials used in current construction is utter garbage, its not the lack of skill of the carpenter that makes these buildings such crapholes its low quality traditional materials and high toxicity modern materials (osb, poly insulation etc).

Here is a great documentary on choosing in preparing wood for construction, this all sounds like esoterism at first but it makes perfect sense (wood like to water levels is affected by Moon)…question is why have we started ignoring this knowledge?

Attached: house_Rotten_OSB_-_no_kickout_flashing_-_stone_veneer_-_Parlee.preview.jpg (1304x1304 233.51 KB, 757.25K)

Here is an explaination of barrier classifications:

Type 1 (Barrier)

Type 2 (Retarder)

Type 3 (No Real Protection)

HEY! That book is covered in Hortlers!

Attached: download.png (517x483, 78.03K)

Is called 'Platform Framing'. It followed 'Balloon Framing', logically, as it makes little sense to hang the floors off of the walls.

This is what windows and doors are for, to air-out the moisture that builds up in the living space.

Air sealing (walls) reduces heat flow from air movement (convection) and prevents water vapor in the air from entering the wall. In a 100-square foot wall, one cup of water can diffuse through untreated drywall (without a vapor barrier) in a year but 50 cups of water can enter through a 1/2-inch diameter round hole. You do not need to worry about diffusion through materials like you do actual holes into your (modern) walls.

How do structural screws, which are made to be flexible like nails, not last 100yrs, especially if you cover/plug your fastener holes and frame with structural logic, making sure the fastener isn't the only joinery ? Hardwood dowel as fasteners is pretty based imo but nobody is doing it really yet, or anymore.

Also used mud and clay with organic filler as chinking to seal the gaps, which kind of counters your claim here. wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_cabin wikipedia.org/wiki/Log_house wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_framing wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodworking_joints

You have to keep painted. Let no cracks or peels.
Stain is better imo but I am unsure about the polymer used to seal it liek with Sikkens semi-transparent. You don't really need plastic sealer from moisture only uv protection, unless you are in the water. Pro timber restorers use an epoxy (plastic) to repair old wood and stop decay. This may cause more issues down the road idk.

kys croat retard

Wasn't there a issue for a while where the drywall being used was cheap shit from china, and after a while it started stinking like ammonia really bad

if that were true, you wouldnt need expensive HVAC systems.

many modern homes have major issues with moisture, this whole (((air tight))) construction is overdesign stupidity

go eat some OSB for breakfast

regarding joining 2 pieces of wood its like this:
1.joinery
2.bolts
3.nails

Joinery takes a lot of time but bolts can last a lot as well since they account in wood movement unlike nails or even worse screws that dont allow much movement.

it supports my claim if anything, mud is softer than wood and with expanding it wont damage the wood, you just re-chink it from time to time.

yes, many modern materials have longterm issues that they werent even tested for before selling them

Attached: FRAMING OSB WALLS.jpg (4032x3024 165.69 KB, 2.89M)

People can't fly, so don't forget your Moat.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190610-141816_TopDecked.jpg (464x657, 209.92K)

Yes these pictures in your posts used to be the way we used to build here in central Europe. But now everything looks like this. Fucking shoe boxes. They plop them between those beautiful old houses everywhere, making the entire townscape look like shit.
I was asking if some jew designer is behind this new style in a similar thread about a year ago, but apparently it's just a sign of the times.

Attached: fertighaus-hauslinie-new-design-low.jpg (2000x890 685.95 KB, 775.15K)

what is worst is that I can get on with that shoebox design if it werent such a crapbox structurally speaking

have you seen the water build up on the walls? you can usually spot the water stains

I simply cant stand the look of that shit plastic maxcompact panel or any king of ventilated facade, such a gimmicky system that changes it colour or warps after 20 years from sun, still better that foam insulation americans use but europe as well is being cucked by gimmicky construction. ventialted facades became a thinkg just because it requires less skillfull labour and time

Attached: maxcompact3.jpg (595x449 144.38 KB, 28.24K)

have any information on cave houses or recommended books?
I want to build a decent timber frame home but next to or above bedrock so i can extend into it and shaft the property value jews.

Attached: underground_house_1.jpg (526x350, 72.45K)

Using natural and sound construction methods is bascially going stealth with nature

The Inca empire and the Roman empire didn't used rebar in their masonry

I live in an earthbag house I build illegally in Western Oregon. Rainy as fuck. Build in a flood prone river-bottom. The building is … how do I say this… EXCELLENT. I spent less than $4000 building the entire thing. One guy, 2 months, plus a month solid of cement work (ugh) got me 310 sq feet of warm-in-winter, cold-in-summer earthbag goodness. I fucking LOVE my little house. My wife and baby son live here with me. We pay $200 a year in taxes on our land since it is (((unbuildable))) due to flood zones and ag zones and building codes and other fake bullshit. I have to fall, saw and split 4 cords of firewood to stay warm each winter. I do about 10 cords a year by hand and keep all the good straight logs for poles/sawed lumber. Anything really nice I paint the ends and stack it to dry for a few years under some big trees. Iv got quite a pile now so I gotta get me a little sawmill…

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE DISENFRANCHISED WHITE MEN HERE TO DO THIS.

I lost 25 lbs. I dont have to have a real job any more. I spend every single day with my wife and son. I havent missed even half a day with them in 2 years. Needless to say there is a new baby on the way soon!

Keep each building small. I have a shipping container for a kitchen. A little log cabin for a bath-house, A backup stick-build cabin for guests or just when one of us wants to get some space. I have a shop made from a few containers with a roof over them for equipment maintenance and tools and such.

This is in western oregon on the coast range. It rains A FUCKING LOT here. As I said before it is in a low-lying flood prone area and I have had zero water problems. The walls are 2 feet thick of packed clay earth. I shot them with my .357 as well as emptied a mag of 5.56 into them and not a single round penetrated I have since cemented them and painted them.

The hardest part is getting about 10 acres covered in heavy trees. If you can get that you are golden as the trees can hide your place and will provide fuel for your home.

Quit being a wage slave.

Quit working to end the white race.

Quit committing suicide every single day.

Quit the fucking world. Its fun, healthy, cheap and fucking AWESOME.

Engineer here.

The way you prevent rot in your walls is by looking at the moisture and temperature profile across the wall cross-section. Different materials in the walls will have different thermal and moisture resistance properties, and you need to make sure that the moisture/temperature profiles will not cause there to be a dew point. Its especially bad if there's a dew point subjected to freeze/thaw.

You need a psychrometric chart for this. There should be metric and standard versions.

google.com/search?q=psychrometric chart&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_i7zA79_iAhXCg-AKHUlfBakQ_AUIECgB&cshid=1560202598026278&biw=1140&bih=686

Attached: 6b2.png (805x795, 60.3K)

Someone wanna tell me why we abandoned roman concrete and are apparently not using it today? Is it cost or planned obsolescence?

What is your average yearly expenditure? Where do you get that money? Where did you meet your wife and was she open to the idea of what your life is now? What do you do for fun?

Reminds me of SLIPFORM STONE. Slipform stone is a building method using only rough stone and some boards and cement. It can be reinforced with steel as well if needed. It is a very low skill form of stone construction and is also very forgiving to the novice. I was originally going to build with slipform but there are absolutely zero stones on my property ha ha. Not even ONE. So I did earthbag instead since the place has tons of high-clay soil in some areas. Sure, one can have stone brought in but it takes A LOT to do something like this. Look into slipform if you want an extremely high quality building for the cost of time and cement only. Make it with curves and rebar and slight inward tipping so the walls are self-supporting and you will be looking at an AWESOME building that will last 1000 years if you keep the water off those walls. If you soak the walls they will frost-wedge in the winter and it will all come down but keep it dry and it will last forever.

here is what I would like to know, how do you protect the top of the earthbag building to not leak or simply get wet? Is the top treated with heavier clay? Im thinking in hat and boots paradigm of having a roof and overhang so what is the trick?

official version - we cant into vulcanic ash, no way, its impossible

most likely - other types of cement offer a better profit margin

Attached: house_standard_europe.jpg (800x1067 135.78 KB, 200.15K)

That sounds retarded as fuck. Thanks for the info.

Houses like cars are designed by (((bankers))) and (((lawyers))). Red tape is the new HB graphite pencil.

So you're saying you need an expert before you build… and even then you are FUCKED if the climate changes.

Ok, some more background so you have a clearer picture. I bought A TON of land. It took every penny I had to do it and I got a slammin' deal. for a rough estimate it is more than a mile walk to go all the way around my property. This is not really necessary but it worked out good in this instance because I have been leasing out about 80% of it. I get about 1k per month for this with no end in sight. The remaining land I live on, do my firewood and soon sawn lumber on. I have 2 farm stands. since I have a road to the north and a road to the south. They have small solar systems and a few AGM batteries to run a small fridge for eggs and stuff like that that I have extra. I make a couple hundred bucks a month off of those with no effort.

We have bee hives… Like 30 of those goddammed thing I think? I hate bees but we get thousands of pounds of honey so Its worth it. I sell some of it. I brew up some of it into mead which I (sell/trade in minecraft cough cough) along with a small pot still for … (Distilling "water "in minecraft). I collect rainwater off my roof to drink since I have no well or the power to run a well pump. I do have a solar system that I use for computers and such. A backup generator for the winter that drinks about 30 gallons of gas a year.

I do some work on the side for people and also make stuff out of wood. I make chairs and tables out of huge slabs with mortise and tenon construction all by hand with chisels and axes. Its kinda rough looking but you could park a dumptruck on the table and it woudl be fine. I dont sell many but when I do they are like 3kusd.

I raise pigs and chickens. I dol 10 pigs a year on partially forested pasture. I never buy pig feed and dont breed them. I just buy new piglets from another lady up the road every fall. Usually in September. I move them every few days with electric fences. With no grain they grow slower and are leaner but after a year they are usually 200 lbs of fatty baconey goodness. I sell them for about $800 on the hoof. Sometimes I cant sell them all and take a cut but usually they go pretty well. Yay craigslist! I barely keep my chicken flock above replacement levels because the hawks take them all but I get eggs CONSTANTLY and I think my newly crowned rooster (i ate the old one as he didnt keep the hens alive) is going to be a fucking winner… He has a black stripe accross his beak so I name him Hitler and we salute him when he crows. Its pretty fun. I pretty much never leave this place. Only when I need a quick run to the store to get something like cheese, milk, flower, coffee, that I can't make myself.

I have a cellphone bill which is my internet. I have car insurance. I am a (slightly) disabled vet so my medical is trhough the VA but honestly I havent gone in 5 years. They will just try to pill me to death. Not thanks. Private medical insurance is the real killer. 1k/month for my wife and son. That is the murderous expense that I can't avoid. There is no lower cost option. I tried to get the free shit a few times but I am never approved or I fuck up some paperwork or something. I gave up. Its not worth the time. Easier to just go do something. I hope it all explodes and burns down so I can just pay a witch-doctor in moonshine or something but the goddammed economy will never die.

I still file taxes but never owe anything since i have nearly no income that touches the levels that require payments. I met my wife in a huge dumpy city in the south-west. She is a city girl through and through. This was about 10 years ago. She was VERY hesitant to do this.

I told her she would hever have to work again and could stay home with her kids and get rabbits. She quit the next week. Women LOVE rabbits… even though an owl ate them all in the middle of the night. :/

I just put a roof over it. The building is round. There is a central post that is 10 feet from all the walls and " 12 feet high? I forget. The walls are 7 feet high. I got 16' 2x8 dimentional lumber and made 12 beams running radially off the center post to an outside post. This gives me a 4 foot porch all around the building and a slightly sloping roof that is about a 2-12 pitch. It looks like a china-hat sitting on a cylander if that makes sense. see the pic. Mine is bigger with a 12" diam tree truck as a center post. It looks cool and I put a table hanging off of the post as well.

Attached: looks like this.png (648x383, 324.01K)

Portland is WAY cheaper… That stuff was from some local volcanic ash stuff i think.. Not common.

Wow. This post is what is wrong with the world… NONE of this shit is necessary. Just roughly follow a functional design that is not expensive. If it goes bad just burn it down and do-over better. If it wont burn make it a chicken coop and do-over. The problem is that people think a house needs to cost half a million bucks when you can build a house for like 5k on 5k of land if you want to be a cheapass.

Oy vey, the engineer won't agree with me but he has to go to work and I have to go water my garden. simple as that.

Did you eat the owl so you could get the rabbits back in nutrient form or does your wife like owls even though they eat rabbits?

Motherfucker got away… I wouldda fed him to the pigs but im not getting outta bed at 3:00am for that bullshit.

Okay, but how the fuck
I mean you had a job to buy the land and were in the system to meet people. You bought the tools.
Most of us (all of us) (every single one of us) sits at home in mom's basement (I wish it was a basement), so how the fuck do we just up and go buy land?
How many women did it take to try that on until one was like "okay, but just because rabbits."

I've never done a day of hard labor in my life.
What the fuck is dirt anyway
Do you grow vegetables?

And who do you lease the land to

Yeah… If you are a poorfag then you are fucked. I worked for like 15 years as a heavy equipment mechanic. Miserable work but it pays OK. Shouldda got into being a roughneck in North Dakota or something like that… You will never ever EVER find worthwhile land that is reasonably priced. I bot mine after the '08 housing collapse. What that means is this. YOU BETTER BE GETTING READY FOR THE FINANICAL RESET. Get some silver. Get some skills. Know your local realestate like the back of your hand. I spent 4 years, every single night with almost no misses tracking every property in an 8 county area. When I saw the place I bought I was on it with an offer about 2 hours after it was posted since I knew the area and the property as soon as I saw the pictures.

You can do this all from mom's basement. I also bought my tools but there was really not a lot to that. Hammers, axes, chisels, a chainsaw, rusty old truck etc. The LAND is the trick. That is all that matters. WIth a pile of good land in a good climate with year-round water and heavy trees you can live forever for free.

As for my wife ha ha… Yeah she is a great woman and I am lucky to have her and treat her as such. I have heard that there is a MASSIVE shortage of worthwhile young clean hard working men in the Mormon Church lately because they all leave or end up chasing the ((($$$)))

lease is to a farmer.

You are going to die soon. Enjoy your last days of the modern world.

"Oh hey, this sounds a lot like the hat and boots ano-"

oh fuck it's you. I love you, keep posting.

I'm the same guy you're replying to in all 3 of those replies.

pls don't forget

I live in Tobermory way the fuck up North where the growing season is very short and it's cold all the time and the trees are all evergreens (mostly cedars) and the ground is rocks.

What should I build on my 85 acres?

>Ever felt phisically sick in a modern building and felt like it lacks oxygen, but dont feel that way in a stone house or a log cabin? That is because modern houses are (((airtight))) which is related to asthma problems kids devlop.

Yeah I feel that in the shitty mansion my parents built and I grew up in. Costs millions of dollars and is garbage to live in.

Did you use burlap or plastic for your bags and why ?
Also what are they filled with ?

I used the standard white poly sandbags. The bigger sized ones that are like a pillow case. I filled them with local soil that I dug by hand (making the foundation and drainage ditches… UGGGH. If any of you fuckers actually choose to do this … RENT AN EXCAVATOR OR BOBCAT TO DO THE DIGGING. My god it was a lot of work.

Attached: slipform.png (1026x888, 1.41M)

OK, so I own 150 acres, get $4,500/YEAR leasing to a farmer (temporary). How are you getting 1K/MONTH?

Walking the perimeter of 150 acres is 6 miles… correct? 150/6 (to solve for 1 mile) means you own 25 acres.

I've seen you post in the past; some of the details just don't add up, but you are giving anons good advice. Owning and working the land is a fantastic goal. 5 acres = Valhalla for most normal people. That's the target amount.

I've been effortposting irl as hard as is humanly possible for nearly a decade. Still not off the grid, but the quality of life is 50X better.

Please don't exaggerate, that's all I ask. I have also been keeping bees for several years. Have 10 hives. Spent $4,200 so far… I let the bees have the honey to overwinter… still have 30% losses. Maybe the Varroa Destructor mite isn't in Oregon (LOL).

Infuriating. Internet sensations (fakes) claim 80lb. per hive. I am certified, sub to 2 periodicals, have read The Hive and the Honeybee, The Beekeeper's Bible, etc. (the classics) and am a member of 2 clubs serving 3 counties. 50-70% losses (mainly to mites) this winter. The only people that get thousands of pounds of honey have hundreds (1,000 typically) of hives.

PLEASE ELABORATE ON YOUR ZERO INCOME, WILDLY PROFITABLE HOMESTEAD. I'm all ears. Teach me. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

Post pics and spreadsheets or stop LARPing. If you're off the grid, you have nothing to lose by posting a few pics for me. I'm clearly on the wrong track here.

You don't. Code-wise, the energy code unconstitutionally requires a heating unit scaled to the space and windows scaled in the same way for ventilation and, in some cases, emergency exit.

>many modern homes have major issues with moisture, this whole (((air tight))) construction is overdesign stupidity
No, it's underdesign stupidity. The entire reason there is moisture is because it collects but dooesn't vent; labor doesn't seal the walls properly. Either vent it (old style) or prevent it (new style) or, most logically, depending on context, a bit of both. All the pics you are posting of underlayment siding rot and mold look like what vinyl or composite siding does to wood underlayment with a type1 vapor barrier on the interior walls: collects moisture, holds it, and decays the organic materials. If they had used actual stone on the one pic in they would have no rot, as you can see best in pic related 4. This airtight approach is also why fags use spray insulation fill because it seals and fills and doesn't sink or soak like fiberglass or rockwool. Actual wool is good tho, as long as it stays mostly dry. I use no insulation fill but mechanically and chemically seal my seams to stop airflow. Since insulation is describing only the cavity, it is insulated.

For the record you are correct about timber framing tho good thread. Thanks user.

It honestly does come off larpy. The whole wife and kids thing gives it away.

This
The bunny and owl story was also a giveaway (aside from the exaggerations: a ton, etc). Also, no (((city girl))) will quit her job just so she can trust a man who has nothing society (women) think worthy.

Where can I find young women who don't know English in my area? I'm ready to settle down.

I use bolts for gates and fastening structures to foundations but it seems ikea has the right idea using bolts for usability (assembly and integrity). Timber houses, and ones fastened with bolts, can be disassembled and relocated like the old days but it is so much faster to put up a structure with screws. Nails are faster than scews bu tare made so soft that they bend and often the effort removing one is equal to driving almost a hundred, no matter the size of your claw.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Chattel_house

Attached: crusaderbeerd.jpeg (500x500, 41.98K)

10 or go home.

Fine, just remember that 11+ is a tax problem unless you defer it (full time agricultural use). I'm on 150 and NOT larping.

Rebar is often installed with rust already on it.
As other anons have mentioned, when the concrete cracks, the rebar rusts.
That rust expands and further cracks the rebar.

Basalt rebar is a major game changer in this regard.
It doesn't rust, and doesn't degrade.
But it's expensive.

Fug.
Concrete.

HAT AND BOOTS

we need this shit

Oh, this thread again. I approve

These are custom manufactured log homes. They are good. How does the cost /sq compare to a modern american canned home? without many construction skills, what will it cost to have comparable natural solid home built?

Attached: log-homes03.jpg (231x458 61.69 KB, 36.46K)

Barn and water rights (that I claimed and lease since I have both sides of the stream… flood land is all of a sudden valuable now right? It is when it is the headwaters of a stream and the previous dude was not paying attention when his ex-wife was raping his ass in a divorce. meanwhile I was talking to the water master weekly… Remember, I did my homework on it for years. Water is a big fucking deal and many people don't understand how fucking powerful water rights are. You can change the point of draw for water from anywhere in the watershed… think about that… So GET the water-rights and then perfect them then shop them around. Various public and private entities will buy that water. The last scrap of allodial title left in the US is water and mineral rights. Surface rights are pozzed as fuck.

Land is a quarter mile on a side… Relatively square so about a quarter section. Section is a mile on a side which is 4 miles all the way around. so 640 acres. I have about 1/4 that much. So half a mile on a side. That makes it +-160 acres. Did I fuck that math up? Its all bottomland that is super likely to flood and thankfully I have not flooded yet but tick tock ya know? Much of the reason I could afford it is because it is SUPER wet. I just deal with it.

I mess up the details a bit from time to time to stay safe. My home is not legal. I dont want to be homeless and take environmental fines for an outhouse and stuff like that…

Hives are spread out across the whole property. (why does everyone group them?) many on the periphery… makes me smile to sell honey to a neighbor… I never move them. They are 10 frame boxes (the deep ones) with 2 supers. Each frame of 20ea/box is like 10 lbs. x30 I don't take them all. We rob them kinda when we feel like it throughout the spring and summer. I have never lost a hive to disease. Been runnign them for 5 years. I bought 3 boxes from a guy on CL. Bought bees. Then copied the boxes using cedar and a nailgun. They are ugly and sometimes suck but they work more or less. I put a piece of aluminum roofing flashing from the dump on the top with a staple gun. some have roofing tar stuff. one has a piece of rotting plywood and a rock as a roof. Most everything around here is straight up junkyard wars. Its UGLY. I think a bear attacked one recently because it is smashed and gone. They swarm from time to time. We try to catch them and stick them in a new box. Wife took some bee class at a college online and sticks this shit (forgot what its called) in the hives to make them make a lot of queens then we get them and stick them in nuke boxes. Again, I hate those fucking things but a thousand pounds of honey is not really a lot in good conditions with a bunch of hives over an entire year in zone 8b. selling it is the trick. No one will pay the high-ass prices and I dont want to get fucked with a wholesale price hence the mead… If you only get 1 lb of honey from a hive in a year… !!! whew why bother? that is like what? a pint? not even a full frame? You should be able to get like half a gallon out of a super right? couple times a year?

I don't know/understand how to strip personally identifable info out of a image so sorry… no pics.

I don't have any spreadsheets. I quit my real jobs remember? To be honest the only real trick I have up my sleeve is that I have no bills. this means I can make 1000 bucks and every penny is free and clear. What is killing you is your house., your student loans and Your bills. Your wifes hairdresser, gasoline driving to work over and over and over and over. Income taxes to feed niggers. sales taxes to feed niggers. that shit adds up. Its not perfect by any means. I get hurt A LOT. I do a lot of duct-tape and paper-towl bandaging of wounds. I have 3 missing teeth right now and another one that is going to go this year. I will likely never be able to afford to get them fixed at this point and will look like a meth head in 10 years. I just don't fucking care any more. (im late 30s) I am not really super profitable i just have no expenses so its easy as hell to get like a couple thousand a month extra by doing small stuff. . I have maybe 5k a year extra? if that? I live really cheap. I dont have a lot of stuff that is mandatory for modern living. You still do. That is why you fail.

5 ac is pretty tight. You will not firewood forever on 5 acres even with top conditions. Maybe if you started with huge trees and could cut into them slowly or something. Fuel is a big fucking deal doing this off the grid stuff. Fuel and power is TOUGH. Hot water is TOUGH. In the winter a shower is a fucking luxuary. wife and I share a 10 gallon water heater full of lukewarm water in the winter… OR we make coffee on the coffee maker in the morning instead of on the wood stove… good times. You are all so fuckign soft. That is why things are so fucked up. Not kidding. Go shit in a flooded outhouse and when the filthy shit stained water splashes on your ass… and you dont have the power to run the water heater in the winter … well, you harden up a bit. Then you shove some sticks in that motherfucker so it doesn't splash.

I am trying to dispell the larp tag with some details are real experiences. Had you done this type off stuff you would be laughing and know that I am right. Who the fuck would larp about a flooded hand dug outhouse in a flood plain? really? I couldn't make this shit up.

Owls did eat my fucking rabbits. right after making a big new pen for them and boom… 2 are gone… I spend the day looking for the hole in the new pen… find nothing. next day boom more gone. I just gave up and let him have them. Fuck'em if they won't even try to hide at night.

If you think I am fake thats fine. Instead go TRY IT. Its not beyond the scope of most people here. Hell get some friends and divide the costs. Go really cheap on a remote acre or something and see if you can do it. Its good for ya. Ok, its a nice day. im going outside.

you need a mound of dirt with a log on top so they can dig a den
if you and try and dig a den for them they will act like tards and get eaten by owls

In what way other than the tax itself ?

uhh what will you do if a boulder rolls in front of it nothing you will be trapped and dead.

Thanks. This is helpful. I do group my hive together in one beeyard. My grandfather didn't.
Then again, I work 60 hours/week. I have two different strains… but I really think the key may be to kick the farmer off and plant crimson clover, for instance.

If I can just convince the Ag Extension that this still keeps the land in current use. The system is kind of Jewed… in that you have to show a certain amount of profit.

Still intrigued. I just want to be left alone by ZOG and still profit. Which is nearly impossible.

Ctrl+F "Palladio", 0 results.
Oh well, at least got Vitruvius in there.

I said 5 ac for normal people. You can't see your neighbors, can garden, do livestock, shoot guns. I'm trying to help the normies.

It's way better than confined urban life and you can sell it for a profit 9/10 times.

I bought a huge chunk of land, the seller was under duress. Without infinite money or 4 generations of experience, it's been a tough road.

I'm not 1000% convinced you're larping. Owls ate all my guinea hens, too. My wife really did side with the owl.
So I switched to chickens and their run is completely screened in, now. Owls attack at night, so I learned to protect them. I thought fencing in the sides would work but the owl plucked them from the top. All solar… ventilation and a gate that closes the coop door automatically at night. Haven't lost a chicken in 5 years to a predator.

Keep spreading the truth. My questions aren't D&C or sliding… I'm being serious. Like I said, you offer sound advice. I'm just not as lucky as you, I guess. 9 years and counting. Doing well, but still a wage-slave.

Are you implying that rabbits can act as not tards? I thought they were the niggers of non-primate mammals.