Uganda confirms Ebola case as virus spreads from DRCongo

Evan Williams
Evan Williams

Ebola-Chan On The Move

Kampala (AFP) - A five-year-old boy is being treated for Ebola in Uganda, the first case since a deadly outbreak in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo 10 months ago, Health Minister Ruth Aceng said Tuesday.

Uganda has been on high alert since the outbreak across a porous border in the eastern DRC, where more than 2,000 cases of the highly contagious virus have been recorded, two-thirds of which have been fatal.

"An Ebola case has been confirmed positive," Aceng told AFP.

She said the patient was a boy who had travelled with his family from the western Ugandan town of Kasese to the Democratic Republic of Congo for a funeral, and fell sick upon his return.

"The boy has been taken into isolation unit as have other family members for monitoring. He is receiving treatment," she said.

The World Health Organisation confirmed the highly contagious virus had spread to Uganda, in its second-worst outbreak ever.

"The Ministry of Health and WHO have dispatched a Rapid Response Team to Kasese to identify other people who may be at risk, and ensure they are monitored and provided with care if they also become ill," the WHO said in a statement.

According to the WHO, Uganda vaccinated nearly 4,700 health workers in 165 facilities with an experimental drug designed to protect them against the virus.

Uganda has experienced several outbreaks in the past, most recently in 2012, while in 2000 more than 200 people died in an outbreak in the north of the country.

- Battle against virus -

The DRC has struggled to contain the outbreak which was first recorded in North Kivu province on August 1 and then spread to neighbouring Ituri and has left over 1,300 dead.

Efforts to tackle the crisis have been hampered both by militia attacks on treatment centres and by the hostility of some local people to the medical teams.

Five workers have been killed, according to an AFP tally, and important preventative work, such as vaccination programmes and burials of Ebola victims, has been delayed.

The outbreak is the 10th in Democratic Republic of Congo since the disease was identified in 1976.

It is the worst on record after an epidemic that struck Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone between 2014-2016, leaving more than 11,300 people dead.

"It is clear the current response to tackle Ebola isn’t working. No matter how effective treatment is, if people don't trust or understand it, they will not use it," Oxfam's director for the DRC, Corinne N'Daw, said last week.

"Our teams are still meeting people on a daily basis who don’t believe Ebola is real… many cases are going unnoticed because people with symptoms have been avoiding treatment."

Ebola is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads among humans though close contact with the blood, body fluids, secretions or organs of an infected person.

Chimpanzees, gorillas, monkeys, forest antelope and porcupines can also become infected, and humans who kill and eat these animals can catch the virus through them.

Symptoms include high fever, intense muscle and joint pain, headaches and a sore throat which are often followed by vomiting and diarrhoea, skin eruptions, kidney and liver failure, internal and external bleeding.

At present there is no licenced drug to prevent or treat Ebola although a range of experimental drugs are in development and thousands have been vaccinated in the DRC and some neighbouring countries.

The average fatality rate from Ebola is around 50 percent, varying from 25 to 90 percent, according to the WHO.

Link - yahoo.com/news/uganda-confirms-ebola-case-virus-spreads-drcongo-194006523.html
Archive - archive.fo/31Xnq

Attached: ebolaevola.jpg (112.45 KB, 800x532)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitchute.com/video/1gRZBCOcsFu7/

Ayden Bennett
Ayden Bennett

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN ! ! !
GOOD LUCK EBOLA-CHAN ! ! !

Attached: ebolachan.jpg (147.56 KB, 1228x950)

Jackson Flores
Jackson Flores

UGANDA

Attached: do-you-no-da-wae.png (72.2 KB, 300x300)

Elijah Green
Elijah Green

Good Luck Ebola-chan , May you grow wings and fly

Luis Roberts
Luis Roberts

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN

Jordan Green
Jordan Green

Ganbaro, Ebola-Chan <3
We love you! Please kill every kike and nigger in the whole world!

Attached: Ebola-shrine-brilyellowim-not-even-sure-if-this-is-a-09fdf9-5334015.png (2 MB, 1433x883)

Lincoln Gray
Lincoln Gray

one off

Robert Morgan
Robert Morgan

Attached: 666.jpg (50.99 KB, 712x700)

Logan Bell
Logan Bell

UPDATE : THE POX RIDDEN LITTLE SHIT IS DEAD

Cameron Campbell
Cameron Campbell

Democratic Republic of Congo
Democratic
fucking democrats
chinese communists! help a niggers!

Henry Stewart
Henry Stewart

explanation why is it happening
bitchute.com/video/1gRZBCOcsFu7/

Nathan Bennett
Nathan Bennett

Attached: DO-U-KNOW-THE-WAY-Uganda-Knuckles-(Original-Full-Video).mp4 (15.35 MB, 640x360)

Jaxon James
Jaxon James

first for irresponsible meming

Attached: findebolachan1.png (8.27 MB, 3000x1800)

David Cox
David Cox

You fags should know better than the believe what's on the MSM. Ebola has no chance of creating an epidemic in the first world. The reason it kills everyone in the third wold is that they have no sanitation and leave the bodies in the fucking streets (shit-holes.) In the first world our sanitation alone would prevent more than small outbreaks.

Ebola has an R value (reproductive) around 1.5. Look up Viral Reproductive Value and see for yourself. Ebola is scary and could def take out a handful of people in outbreaks in the US. People living in close quarters with immigrants and healthcare providers being at highest risk. It's got a high mortality, at 50 to 60 percent, but that's part of the reason it doesn't spread well. It's only contagious after you present symptoms, and you're quickly too weak to spread it around and then dead. As long as your body doesn't sit in the gutter for a week, no epidemic.

You fucking boomers fretting about ebola because your TV told you too is pathetic. Look it up, the first world has little to fear from a non-airborne vector illness. SARS was a way bigger concern.

You're falling for (((their))) propaganda. Next they will tell you how FEMA needs all your money because ebola.

Julian Rodriguez
Julian Rodriguez

You have to admire her patience and persistence. Good luck Ebola-Chan, we're all counting on you.

Attached: ebola.webm (6.81 MB, 640x360)
Attached: ebola-spin.webm (5.97 MB, 450x360)

Nolan Lee
Nolan Lee

Reminder to pray in /ebola/index.html

Logan Moore
Logan Moore

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN!

Josiah Parker
Josiah Parker

hurr hurr remember to laugh at dead niggers in their own countries goy, mindless hatred for fellow nationalists is good.
don't forget to vaxx yourself up, goy, don't want that totally legit and real (((ebola))) do you?

Brody Green
Brody Green

The bug people.
Taking care of their nigger infestation.

Hunter Williams
Hunter Williams

Billions of parasitic niggers on the planet and they have to spend thousands on just one. They would be better off killing it and putting it in a grave. I really don’t understand why humanity would save something that is going to be nothing but a drain on society forever.

Dylan Diaz
Dylan Diaz

Best news all week
(checked)
I LOVE YOU EBOLA CHAN

Isaac Cook
Isaac Cook

I love you Ebola-Chan

Attached: 60E329z.jpg (46.37 KB, 750x589)

Isaac Edwards
Isaac Edwards

I love you Ebola-Chan

Kayden Turner
Kayden Turner

I love you Ebola-chan

Elijah Peterson
Elijah Peterson

Show Ebola-chan de way

Jonathan Ward
Jonathan Ward

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN

Attached: ebola-chan-head-pat-1420407440331.jpg (92.82 KB, 457x395)

Hudson Davis
Hudson Davis

Make Africa clean again Ebola-Chan! I love you

Attached: echan30.png (248.6 KB, 1600x1152)

Joseph Gray
Joseph Gray

Checking it
Ain't stopping it
I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN

Attached: 636e3c4449028580107c08cb14a29bd904a7d1325abd2ddb2945de6067888beb.jpg (232.17 KB, 1600x1177)

Landon Nguyen
Landon Nguyen

We need more memes of these two together, possibly bum-rushing the southern border of the US.

Blake Brooks
Blake Brooks

ebolas isn't reals, the white man made it up!

Attached: ebolarealz.gif (1.83 MB, 341x220)

Nicholas Hill
Nicholas Hill

We should start a campaign in these countries, tell them how bush meat is good for them, white man jealous they're eating free range meat that's full of nutrients, want to make them sick eating imported tainted garbage from western countries.

Josiah Parker
Josiah Parker

This is it, goys. Ebola-chan is back and this time she will spare not 1 groid

Attached: 1541136326169.gif (1.4 MB, 268x144)

Logan Ward
Logan Ward

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN

Easton Jones
Easton Jones

I LOVE YOU EBOLA-CHAN!

Kevin White
Kevin White

EBOLA IS LOVE, ONE WORLD LOVE!
White People still can't stop it from killing a bunch of niggers!

Attached: TheHotZone.mp4 (11.97 MB, 1280x720)