Federal judge rules Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban is unconstitutional

A federal judge on Tuesday blocked Mississippi from enacting a ban on abortions past 15-weeks and criticized state lawmakers for trying to pass legislation that would trigger an overturn of Roe v. Wade.

U.S. District Judge Carlton Reeves, an appointee of President Obama, ruled that the Mississippi Gestation Age Act “unequivocally” violates a woman's constitutional rights, Buzzfeed News reported.

The law, which was enacted in March, would have prohibited abortions 15 weeks after the woman’s last menstrual period. It would have been one of the nation’s most restrictive abortion bans.

thehill.com/policy/healthcare/417737-federal-judge-rules-mississippis-15-week-abortion-ban-is-unconstitutional?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 8.01.38 AM.png (591x392, 341.09K)

Where exactly in the constitution does it ok the killing of unborn children?

In the Constitution of Cuckery, my friend.

Get acquainted.

real answer? the Due process clause.

They're fetuses. Once they stop leeching nutrients directly from the blood of the host, then they are a "baby" and have the same rights as every other human.

Attached: human pregnancy is so fucked up.png (1912x2832, 655.24K)

Fetus literally means "unborn child" in Latin, it's not a dehumanizing "clump of cells" term.
Newborn children will die without constant extraction of resources expended for their survival. Would you be OK with murdering them too?

No. Like I said, once that cord is cut and they are no longer feeding the mother's body with hormones to extract more blood, then they are a baby and have the same rights as every other human. Why do I have to repeat myself?

The same one that says that the government can't punish you for killing your sperm by masturbating. Before a certain level of development, a fetus isn't "alive", so you aren't killing anything that is worth a shit.

Reminder that the liberal mind is incapable to see any source of truth but its own convenience, and every single one of its categories and terms float in a conceptual bubble

if there's a heartbeat, it's a human
Murder is not constitutionally protected unless it is in defense of life or limb. All they need is a clause permitting abortion at any point if the alternative is losing the mother's life, then they can still prosecute careless teens.

Your line is arbitrary too you sanctimonious blowhard.

I would ban masturbation if it meant banning abortion tbh

my dog has a heartbeat. I always knew he was people too

And that's what's important, right? Punishing people for wrongthinking and misbehaving.

How many chromosomes do they have?

I don't have a problem with abortion, but I do have a problem with people not understanding fuck all about genetics.

What does due process have to do with murdering innocent humans?

Seems more like a lack thereof in application of due process.

Pottery

look at this asshole hoarding all the chromosomes and laugh

OP's news article is about a proposed abortion ban AFTER a certain level of development, so where do you disagree?
How many more weeks would you allow? 20? 24? 28? 32? 36? Would you abort a "clump of cells" with one foot in the womb?

Okay, so YOU on the other hand would be totally fine with a baby fully born, but just before a doctor cuts the cord, the mother says "I don't consent to let this clump of cells live, my body my choice" and then the baby is dumped into a garbage disposal instead.

What's important is having as few baby murders as possible. You don't want to be pregnant? Okay, don't be pregnant, but also don't murder. Your right to move your fist ends at my face.

Attached: f7d.jpg (450x400, 85.03K)

Can you prove that only creatures with 48 chromosomes are human?

they go straight to heaven so where is the theological problem?

Just curious, what IS the definition of a living human? Because if its based on sapience then we could make a pretty convincing argument that nonwhites are not human and therefore should be legal to hunt for sport.

You can keep on calling it "baby murder" all you like, trying to evoke an emotional response so that I stop thinking logically just like liberals do with gun control, but it isn't and your hyperbolic bullshit is not what happens.

Is it okay to kill all the premature births? I mean, they're still viable outside the womb, I'm just wondering where you Really draw the line.

Personally, I'm not very invested in this. But i find it amusing to witness the mental contortions necessary to deny human rights to life in the womb, or simply deny life itself when the former argument fails.

Your mind's painful articulation around this article of the blue religion is interesting because it proves you're running on faith and heuristics rather than reason.

I told you. I've been very explicit about where I draw the line. Stop Reddit spacing, you fucking reject.

This forum is getting less and less moderate and more divided by extremes just like Facebook…

Come on people. Voice up the balance middle ground. Women should have the right to an abortion but they should be educated so well and change their lifestyles so they never need one

Considering that modern medicine has given women all but perfect control over their own fertility and reproductive health while taking their sweet time in giving the same agency to men I disagree. For a women to get pregnant unintentionally means that she has opted to ignore the plethora of options she has to ensure a conception does not occur - many of them provided free by various groups. Shit, if she wants to ride every cock in a thousand miles without having to worry about getting pregnant then she should get her tubes tied - just as a guy who wants to fuck every woman he meets without risking becoming a dad should get a vasectomy.
WOMEN HAVE ALL THE TOOLS THEY NEED TO MAKE ABORTION UNNECESSARY
ALL ABORTION DEMONSTRATES IS THAT SHE DOESN'T GIVE ENOUGH OF A SHIT TO USE THE TOOLS THAT ARE BROUGHT TO HER ON A SILVER PLATTER

Boo fucking hoo. If remembering to dose yourself is too hard, and you refuse to use the other methods, then get sterilised and remove your retardation from the gene pool.

Middle ground is for betafag pussies. IT'S RIDE OR DIE MOTHER FUCKER BETTER CHOOSE A SIDE

ah yes, "due process." meaning "this democratically enacted law is at odds with my personal beliefs that cannot get a democratic majority to pass into law, so, I'll just say it's illegal and my beliefs are actually the law."

women should "be educated." good one.
been tried. didn't work.

in the constitution life is interpreted more narrowly, while liberty is interpreted broadly. I didn't make the rules, ask the retards who wrote it why they didn't specify these two more clearly.

The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it’s enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law, and no courts are bound to enforce it.
— 16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256

The Constitution guarantees us certain rights, and it is important here to note the distinction that it does not GRANT those rights, it guarantees them. They are rights you always have, or are damn well supposed to always have. Simple shit, when you get down to it. The right to protect yourself from harm. The right to speak your mind, free from unjust persecution. The right, and this is the one that grinds your gears so very badly, to control one's own body like a despot. It is yours, and nobody has the right to tell you what you can or cannot do with or to or on your own body. You do not have the right to tell somebody else that they have to harbor an unwanted being inside their body because you personally value its life more than their liberty. That's not how this shit works.

seems like women get insanely broad powers granted by documents that don't even mention them.

Well what else do you think murder is? I draw the line at killing an innocent human with intent. Every successful abortion results in death, and the mother is counting on it, so she intends to kill. Please give me a better definition.
If you specify "unlawful killing", then you derive your morality from the laws of the land, which is relativism.

They don't have to and I never said they do. Go ahead and terminate your pregnancy, no one cares about that specifically. No one cares that you were pregnant one day and you weren't pregnant the next day, that's not wrong by itself. It's only the baby murder that's wrong. Those are two distinct effects that just happen to have the same cause.

New amendment to repeal the 19th amendment when?

If humanity is determined by viability outside the womb, then a premature baby born in the best-funded hospital with state-of-the-art equipment is more human than an identical premature baby born in a third-world shithole hospital or in a 19th century hospital.