Trump claims he ‘never meant’ Mexico would directly pay for border wall despite repeatedly saying it

Donald Trump has claimed that, despite his repeated promises that Mexico would pay for a wall on US southern border, he “obviously never meant Mexico would write a cheque”.

Mr Trump’s website for his 2016 campaign had previously stated that the border country would make a “one-time payment of “$5-$10 billion”.

Instead, the president most recently claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall through changes to trade policy his administration has negotiated to replace the North American Free Trade Agreement. That new deal, the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), has not been approved by congress yet but the president said on Thursday that it ”probably will be”.

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-mexico-wall-funding-money-pay-us-border-government-shutdown-trade-deal-a8721341.html?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 4.37.04 PM.png (549x364, 239.49K)

People voted for this guy Ladies and Gentlemen…

And now The US is paying the price by proving just how hollow their cranial cavities really are.

I always saw this as a good thing since now The US has a chance to wise up and grow their intelligence for the next time they make individual decisions.

The only good thing about Trump is that I prefer an Idiot over a Robot (Clinton) any election of the week.

By "Mexico will pay for it", did anyone really think he meant anything other than the cost being covered by rebalancing the trade deficit caused by the worst aspects of NAFTA?

trump says it like it is!!!!

actually hat he really meant was-

based trump

If the last few elections have shown anything it's that voters don't want logical reasoned explanations and plans laid out for them.They want catchphrases mostly.

Based and Trumppilled

Trump, like all politicians, just says shit to get elected and then does whatever they want. Every single politician these days is a lying cocksucker, the only peaceful option for a voter is to just pick whichever one lies in a way that appeals to them and hope there's a kernel of truth.

This is true. Trump's campaign was throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck. He promised everything and delivered nearly nothing.

What a shock it's almost like this happens every single fucking time.

Mexico could make a 5 - 10 billion one off payment.
Or they can pay it long term via the new trade deal. Its their choice.

The alternative is to not have a wall at all and that is unthinkable at this point.

YET 70% OF HIS AGENDA WAS IMPLEMENTED 1ST YEAR

YET HE KEEPS DELIVERING ON PROMISE AFTER PROMISE DESPITE YOUR LIES

Trump is 100% correct
hes said they would pay via trade deals / tariffs etc…

also FYI the money the US seized from El chapo alone would pay for the wall

"I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me –and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"In America, we will build a great wall along the southern border. And Mexico will pay for the wall. One hundred percent. They don't know it yet, but they're going to pay for it. And they're great people and great leaders but they're going to pay for the wall. On day one, we will begin working on intangible, physical, tall, power, beautiful southern border wall."

"I'm planning for starters, build a permanent border wall between the US and Mexico that Mexico "must pay for". The plan proposes various sticks to force Mexico to cooperate, such as impounding all remittance payments to Mexico from illegal wages earned in the US."

"We`re going to build a wall, folks. We`re going to build a wall. That wall will go up so fast, your head will spin."

Attached: image.jpeg (888x499, 117.87K)

Precisely.
He didnt say Mexico would pay up front or anything like that.

It's not like Cuckservatives, Democrats, and Judges have been doing everything they can to stop any thing he wants to do. Nope, all he has to do is say the word and D.C will jump at his beck and call.

Exactly, only retards thought Mexico would write a check and send it to Trump. Especially when Mexico elected a far left type that is openly against Trump. Nope, the US would never use other means to extract the money needed from Mexico, we'll just wait for a foreign country to send us a check. Fucking retards.

Mexico is a country in America.

5 to 10 from trade would mean Mexico would need to begin buying what 50 billion more goods from us so that the taxes paid by the benifiting US companies from that deal would cover that cost. Is that your argument? Trade deals by their nature lower barriers so we collect taxes and fees at a low level or not at all for trade related interchange.

No I was saying either they could make a one of payment of 5 or 10 billion or it could be paid off by special trade tariffs on goods that come from or pass through mexico, that would be collected over many years and decades.
Mexico exports 350 billion of goods each year to the US. So a 10 year payment plan would only need a Tarriff of 0.02%. Hardly something end consumers would notice.
I havent calcualted the interest on that. So it will be more but not a lot more. And of course the special tariffs would end at the very moment they made the final payment for the wall.

When you really think about it that is still a good deal for Mexico because they would save a lot of money due to the reduction in criminal activity such as people and drug smuggling. That would cost them far more than the interest payments on what they owe the US for the wall.

dems already sent a bill to fund the wall and the big baby refused it because it had DACA. now trump is literally making a slave force recalling 50,000 workers to come work without pay

Ooooh those horrible racist democrats.
IMPEACH THEM!!!

its called negotiating. something you and trump have in common for understanding how it works

trumps definitely running it like his business. withholding wages and letting it fail so he take off with a golden parachute to ruin something else

I prefer to call it using these poor innocent mexicans as pawns in their evil political games.
Build bridges not walls you stupid racist democrats.

Hitler had his berlin wall.
The democrats have their border wall.

Do I even need to say any more?

Attached: cohengif.gif (265x260, 130.29K)

lets ask trumps OTHER lawyer

Attached: uliani.jpg (780x439, 52.47K)

Sounds to me like some based mexicans need to get off the racist democrat plantation.

trump is the top employer of illegals

Exactly. Trump gives them dignity. The democrats just want their vote.

trump makes illegals work for free and already lost a million dollar lawsuit. now he's doing it to american citizens

Hmm Maybe thats why so many Latinos voted for Trump?
If you come from a shithole country where its basically a massive favela made from reclaimed wood and metal sheeting then you will need to get a bit of work experience on proper building standards before you get paid the big bucks.

Democrats would probably discriminate against the illegal immigrants because they just want their votes nothing else.

what about all those russian orphans voting for trump

Not only were DRUMPF's burgers not served in a single vertical stack, but I calculated that if they were, such a stack would be less than a mile tall! Orange man lies again!

"Mexico will pay for the border wall" is another way of saying "Mexico will be sorry for what they did to the border wall"

Never said Mexico would pay with money.

mexico will pay for the border wall is another way of saying you'll pay the border wall and ill make you do it for free

trump can pay for it with all the money saved from making americans do slavery!

WHO. GIVES. A. FUCK. Long as that wall gets built, that's good enough. Hell his voters are even donating to buy the wall themselves!

Were they going to pay with tacos?

try throwing all your money in a fire. now keep throwing money in it, congratulations you accomplished as much as building a wall!

Well, it was this or Shillary. US was fucked either way, may as well go out with a laugh.

the only one laughing is trump as he profits bigly off all the suckers who thought he might put the country on the right track and not embezzle funds and become a transparent agent of a foreign power

I'm going to vote for him again.

Trumptards btfo

People wanted a president with balls who'd deport illegals and execute libersls. Instead we got a jew shill bending over backwards to please Kushner.

well then you probably should have read who trump was before you voted instead of pretending a piece of shit corrupt businessman would not be a corrupt piece of shit businessman after being elected

t. conned burgermutts

Attached: x23.jpg (666x738, 179.7K)

This thread does nothing

His base believed that he was going to utterly humiliate Mexico as they crawl on their hands and knees, kiss Trump's hand, kiss the American flag, and hand Trump a check. This is genuinely what they believed.

The philosophy of Trump's base is best summed up by Florida Trump voter Crystal Minton "I thought he was going to do good things. He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.” They only want the wall because it will make others suffer.

Attached: DwZvOaiU0AAqdkY.jpg (1200x832, 329.11K)

Good idea let's just give the country to the Democrats then.

of course you'd be illiterate

So vote for who then? You have no answer. You're the same retard who expects everyone to didn't some revolution for you while at the same time does their best to demotivate people from voting for the one guy in who is actively preventing the country from being handed to an unending swarm of migrants. Fuck you.

Autocorrect

*more of an immigrant

It's not indigenous culture. It's freeloading. The indigenous culture is staying where they are. Hell, even people who live there don't want them, Mexico is BUILDING THEIR OWN WALL at the southern border.

the absolute state of american education

Attached: gribble.png (1280x968, 839.11K)

You didn't even give an answer. Who should I vote for?

vote for whoever you're told to, slave

So a culture of freeloaders should overthrow a successful nation only because their ancestors were born there? What is your endgame here, what do you hope to achieve doing this?

I'm asking you, who just be so enlightened. Do you even have an answer to that?

Attached: smug anime.png (590x356, 72.37K)

Voting for Trump then. Your demotivation tactic failed.

im literally crying into my soy now

I bet you are. Keep making these failed threads daily. Great waste of life you are

SEETHING

It's called winning, even with the setbacks you can't claim a single win. The most is a failed system you are still grasping. You aren't even pretending to be enlightened past the 2 party system, you're just a propagandist for the wealthy Left doing it for free. I'm done with this thread. You'll keep this up until 2024. See ya

L O L