Vape pen explodes, shattering teen's jaw amid rising concerns over batteries

Austin Adams, 17, was trying to quit smoking. So he turned to electronic cigarettes in an attempt to ease his addiction to tobacco.

He found the one he wanted — a device from a company called VGOD — and asked his mother, Kailani Burton, to buy it for him. She did. Adams had been using the new device when it exploded in his mouth. The force knocked out several teeth and shattered his jaw.

"Austin came in with his hand up to his mouth," Burton, 45, told NBC News. He was in shock and unable to speak.

nbcnews.com/health/health-news/vape-pen-explodes-shattering-teen-s-jaw-amid-rising-concerns-n1018741

Attached: vape.png (738x501, 420.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

profiles.nlm.nih.gov/ps/access/NNBBMQ.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe he should have gotten a vape pen from a reputable manufacturer instead of a mech mod for doing vape tricks that’s capable of fogging up a rock concert.

Good. Maybe with his jaw broken he'll stop sucking cock.

tl;dr don't be a fag and vape, stick to smoking

As I say:
"Use your mouth like a douche, eventually it's going to blow itself up."

Clown world indeed.

lmao

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (999x1000, 62.55K)

And here we see another example of stellar parenting at work. If either of his parents had done their job(assuming he even has two) this kid would not have had a broken jaw.
Same goes for him being a weak ducky that caves to peer pressure.

1) There are more grand prize lottery winners than exploded vaporizer batteries.

2) The problem you need to worry about with vaporizers is the big gay.

Well, he did quit smoking, given broken yaw and all. I call it a success.

The irony.

Use patches and smoke carrots, don't bother with a vape.

Should have drank more milk, calcium deficient subhuman reddit filth.

Nicotine is manufactured by plants asshat.

I meant a reputable manufacturer of electronics. A mechmod is a giant battery that you short out with a piece of wire. It’s made for ultra high volume vapor production and is super dangerous. Your everyday mass produced vape like the Blu is full of safety circuitry much like what’s in a Bluetooth headset or MP3 player and does not have a large enough battery in it to blow your jaw off.

Was he using a car battery or something? Because that sounds physically impossible.

Considering his mother has a different last name than him, I think it's safe to say he is not part of a strong nuclear family unit.

I got my first cigar when I was 16, my dad bought it for me because he knew I liked them. Smoking isn't inherently wrong. and I never got addicted to them btw.

Attached: 4c08c36ceef9bc06c462f3cfbb513cd9c25a1426bf7c20a83e1ace44e555e327.jpg (255x255, 17.4K)

Eh. Not the safety hazard people talk about, izzit?

Shame we can’t get the guy a prosthetic jaw. I mean, not that fixing this is beyond modern medicine, but someday a big break will be an excuse for upgrades. Science ftw.

They typically use a 3.7V battery with a discharge rate of 30A. That’s about 90W of power. They have capacities from 2000-3000 mAh for a total of 100ish Wh of energy in a fully charged battery.

100 Wh is about 300 kJ, or about a third the energy in a stick of dynamite.

That’s not a perfect comparison because it compares electrical energy to chemical energy, but the energy stored in the battery is chemical energy so the order of magnitude is probably pretty close not counting losses.

The thing probably only exploded because it has a cool looking metal case which again, wasn’t designed with safety in mind. Batteries are designed to vent safely when compromised. But if you trap all that combustible gas and heat inside a metal can you basically turn it into a grenade.

I find it annoying that the media can’t be objective about vaping. When someone blows their face off with a mechmod they say “vape/ecig explodes and injures man,” and whenever they talk about teenagers using vapes they always talk about the health risks of nicotine.

When he real problem is popcorn lung?

The problem is that some teenagers are vaping without using nicotine, and most vapes/ecigs don’t pose an explosion risk, but media coverage doesn’t honestly communicate these facts.

Let's ban flashlights too since they use rechargeable batteries.

Milk has high calcium but low magnesium/D/K
pulls more calcium out of your bones long term = weaker bones.
Seek more balanced nutritions

Retard Alert

Cigs too m8
Why do you think they're called fags?
Everyones walking around with a dick shaped object in their mouth with white puffy cum smoke or vapor cumming out the other end.

Yea what a shame we can't simply not just stick dumb things in our mouths.

I hooked that up to my nipples once.
I'm dead now.

plebery afoot

A flashlight draws about 1-5% of the power used by the thing that injured this kid. His vape blew up because he was literally short circuiting the battery in it.

Think about how long a flashlight can be used before it needs recharging vs a vape pen.

Equipment that dangerously exceeds the capability of energy storage devices should be banned, but that doesn’t include flashlights.

Probably shouldn’t try to address the topic of addiction if you have no idea what it is or why it happens.

lol

cancer from cigars
what foreskin did u choke on?

Attached: 6be97314398f6fb944a4067a410287edfd53b0d958aca0756194ad0dd88209fb.jpg (561x622, 76.48K)

BWAHAHAHAHA
Chinese lipos exploding. No fucking way.

Many different poisons and drugs that can kill or harm you are manufactured by plants too.

Cigars cause oral cancers.

data shows smoking can only increase risk (this is from studies with cigarettes btw), and even in cigarette smoking you are still very unlikely to die from cancer.

From the 1964 Report that said cigarette smoking was a cause of cancer;

you can find this on page 112
profiles.nlm.nih.gov/ps/access/NNBBMQ.pdf

Attached: disdain_for_retards.jpg (744x671, 79.89K)

What Probably Happened was, the Kid couldnt afford one of those 200$ Vaporizers and got himself one of those 6$ chinese knockoffs, its only 6 Bucks, What could Posibly Go Wrong?

Well You all Know How the Chinks are World renown for being Cheep scamers?
So the Battery inside his 6$ crack pipe is a 18650 and Some of them cost 12 cents Others cost 15 cents, Identical to each other.
EXCEPT FOR ONE THING
One of the Batteries has a built in balance charging circuit to stop the battery from charging beyond 100% and the other one Blows up in Your Face.

Attached: 1527815583078.png (988x587, 625.17K)

That makes complete sense.
Anybody who trusts anything Mainland Chinese like that is automatically ill, and the only cure is to get rid of whatever they’re holding.
I knew Huawei was dirty from the start (they all are). Only difference is they were too new and clumsy to keep it under the wraps.
That’s why products usually produced in China for big companies are expensive outside of it. They almost always put them through “quality checks” to get rid of any kinks or “superfluous data chips”.
They just won’t tell that to the public because it might cause “trust issues”.
It’s a mad world out there…

Why-a no-a meat-a balls on-a Zig Forums- a no-a Moria?

you dorty pedo-a fillapino-a Jimbo!
and yor-a son-a from-a da coreean whore-a

It was a dumb-a move by clueless-a people though, as Zig Forums was always a containtment-a board for the lokes[sic] of me

i'm {sac} of this shit and aint gonna take it no more——a

Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/ow on-a the front board

and then take it away again haha……heee

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

It was a dumb-a move by clueless-a people though, as Zig Forums was always a containtment-a board for the lokes[sic] of me

Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/Zig Forums/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/n/ow on-a the front board

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

That's me
I am a kray…….zeee…….-a

m mn

Attached: a (6).jpg (1024x819, 115.11K)