Watermelon Crop Behind Schedule

Statewide, growers in the Rio Grande Valley have been harvesting early varieties for a few weeks and should have plenty of melons for July 4. Other melon-producing areas, including the Texas Wintergarden area, Central Texas and East Texas should follow.

Stein, based in Uvalde, said producers avoided widespread pest issues and major diseases. This year’s biggest hurdle was sunshine.

“The amount of rain really won’t affect the flavor,” he said. “It’s the sunshine that matters. Cloudy weather slows growth, but the leaves can’t manufacture the sugar for the melon, so taste could be a problem on some early varieties if they haven’t been getting the sun they need.”

Collins said the region used to be home to more than 150 growers. This year, he’s aware of less than a dozen still operating.

everythinglubbock.com/news/state-regional/watermelon-crop-behind-schedule-texas-growers-worry-ahead-of-july-4th/

Attached: worry.png (888x548 599.2 KB, 644.64K)

sad news

SShhhhhhiiiieeeeeetttt

I can't remember the last time I had a USA grown watermelon. For me, it has to be Mexican soil grown.

Some grower here has had mixed honeyloupes for a while, they're 10x better than beaner melons.

Oh lawd

Cat 5 chimpout imminent

Some fucking spic drowned there you racist fuck

This is terrible news.

niggers btfo

Brace yourselves for a chimpout

Attached: [CHIMPOUT INTENSIFIES].mp4 (640x352, 3.12M)

…..and?

I am from Italy and dis-a some terrible news-a.

It's-a very important to have-a some watermelon ever-ee now and again-a when you spend all-a day make-a the meat-a-ball.

Kek, does this mean I can sell the 5 softball-sized watermelons I'm currently cultivating for 6 gorillion dollars apiece?
I didn't think so.

Alright, I guess. 7/10

There isn't a shortage of fried chicken and grape drank so there's nothing to worry about just yet.

lol

There's a Pork Shortage at the moment so who knows

How will niggers ever recover?

i make-a da sweet sauce from da watermelona and now just ave-da meat-ballas

Oh no the niggers!

Aaaaavsheeeeeeeeeit