Does anyone else do drugs to numb themselves from the pain of alienation that comes with living in late stage...

Does anyone else do drugs to numb themselves from the pain of alienation that comes with living in late stage neoliberal capitalist society.

does the fact that every aspect of this society is rooted in exploitation, literal jewing, and consumptionism/consumerism fuck with you to such an extent you rely on self medication?

Attached: Oxidized-poppy-latex-aka-raw-opium.jpg (820x615, 55.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pn0qsIBuYgo&feature=youtu.be&t=31m51s
zamnesia.com/blog-how-to-extract-lsa-from-morning-glory-seeds-n1490
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sure

get a job

no

Did heroin the other day. Fighting myself not to do it more; loose my job.

Drink nearly every day.

no, mind altering substances are akin to ego death, been sober my whole life

Nope, but i play vidya wayyyy too much, not sure if it counts…

What do you mean by that?

Ego death can be a good thing.

I occasionally do drugs, not because I'm depressed or "numb myself from the pain of alienation that comes with living in late stage neoliberal capitalist society", but because they're fun. Alcohol, weed or kratom once or twice per month, and psychedelics a few times per year.

Attached: dudeleninlmao.jpg (640x960, 161.35K)

they change who you are, while under their effects you are not you but instead you+alcohol or whatever, the thing that was you has died and been replaced with drunk you

fuck you

no

I drink virtually every day because I'm bombarded by nightmarish thoughts on an endless basis.

Attached: 1522125459473.jpg (640x619, 96.3K)

I did. Then I stopped. Now I feel better.

No, but I do love me some cocaine.

D!
I WONT DO DRUGS!

god dammit zizek you aren't going to have a nose left in a year or two

Enjoy them while you still can. I developed a heart condition as a result of alcohol/stimulants, and I'd do anything to have a healthy body just to be ABLE to do drugs again.

Attached: be0554b772a38b3853a82ec9083901b84a4cc2d67a19055b2af0a21c0b74201d.png (832x868, 369.9K)

snoke wied, jeden tag

'ego death' only has meaning for psychedelics and dissociatives and no other drugs cause such an effect.

Bitch I’m a creative nothing, I’m whatever I want myself to be. Being on drugs doesn’t make me less of myself, because I am whatever I construct myself as.

Being different than before doesn’t mean your self has ceased to exist, by that logic ego death would occur naturally from growing up and maturing, since you aren’t the same person you were at age 10 either.

That's funny because I wish my body would fail so the drugs would kill me one day.

The best salve for painful alienation is to produce something solely for yourself. Tend a small garden, make yourself a tool or a toy, that sort of thing.
In my case, I tend a small garden. Of weed.

Used to do lots of drugs. It was a fun escape. For a while. It didn't fix anything and it stopped being fun and made things worse instead. I very rarely bother with the stuff these days.

Yeah dude just get a job you lazy hippy. If it doesn't pay enough, just get a second, third, and fourth job on the side lmao stupid commie

I don't really understand why people do drugs for an escape. Sure, the world sucks and we're all constantly teetering on the edge of the abyss, but still. Must be a normie thing. Then again, i do have a religious perspective of drugs wherein drugs should only be used to achieve enlightenment and to try to improve your own life rather than escape it, so i really don't know.

drugs are for hippies unless its cigarettes, coffee, tea, beer or the occasional LSD trip to explore the mind.

its simple
Drugs are fine if used rarely and for fun
But don't abuse them

Personally I drink lightly often and binge drink a few times a month (I love British drinking culture) Smoke some weed maybe once a week to help sleep, sometimes do LSD or mushrooms if I feel like I need to sort something out in my life. And MDMA maybe twice a year.
Stay clear of coke and opioids.

also
That is the hippie drug. (It also happens to be one of the best fucking drugs there are.)

also
Pretty disgusting fam.

Marijuana every now and then.
I've been taking cbd more often instead, though.

stop

Attached: 290BB9F1-9B07-40A8-B84C-620C578F4777.jpeg (603x315, 53.83K)

My policy is that I will try anything that doesn’t come out of a lab. To date I’ve only ever done weed, mushrooms (once) and of course tobacco and alcohol. I’m planning to explore more with psychadelics this summer.

In general I’m a light user of everything, I only smoke weed a couple of times a month and get drunk once a week max.

Why? Natural does in no way mean safer, when it comes to drugs.

I wish I had that option.
The corporate fuckheads that run the factory I work in instituted random drug tests with a zero tolerance policy tacked on.
I can't even get drunk during the week, I have to wait for the weekend, cause alcohol takes a day or two to work its way out, and if I get tested, any positive result ends in instant termination of employment.

LSD is less harmful than cigarettes or beer. Stop listing to the system and start ranking these compounds based on objective long-term effects.

The long term physical effects of alcohol and tobacco are way worse than those of LSD, yes, but an LSD trip has significantly higher potential to be traumatizing than getting drunk or smoking a cigarette. Bad trips can be fucking horrible. I say this as someone who loves acid (and psychedelics in general). LSD needs to be used responsibly.

Just remember by buying drugs you’re directly financially supporting both US imperialism, and certain agencies that traffic the shit.

True, but doesn't the same thing happen all the time anyway under influence of changing emotional condition, not having gotten enough rest, etc.
If you're feeling depressed it may alter your mind and behavior more than when you're just drunk

Attached: hmmmmmmmmmmm.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

Yes, there is no permanent, unchanging self. You, or your "self"/"ego" is constantly changing. If that user doesn't like getting drunk or whatever, that's perfectly fine, but his reasoning is pretty stupid.

it's slang for ripping people off you baka zionist shill

no ethical consumption under capitalism

Yeah, of course I didn't mean user should drink alcohol if he doesn't want to. People pushing others to do any kind of drugs are faggots.

I knew a kid that took LSD at a party, walked home, killed his uncle with a fucking knife, then ended up being shot and killed by police in somebodies front yard like 6 miles away. He was so shy, and innocent, and we went to middle school together. LSD can destroy your life (literally), I don’t give a fuck how many Terence McKenna videos you watch on YouTube, it’s fallacious to say it can’t harm anybody.

I've never even done psychedelics aside from truffles but fuck, how can anyone delude themselves into thinking this is a good idea. I want to be in the comfiest, safest environment possible and accompanied by a tripsitter if I ever do LSD

This. Go chill in nature and delude yourself into thinking you found the key to the universe.

Seriously though psychedelics kinda scare me. I also think I'm still not emotionally stable or confident enough to do something like LSD. Maybe I'm exaggerating it

also be sure to listen to music

And eat fruit.

I dunno man, I can't tell you if you should or shouldn't try it, but you probably should. And as you said, bring someone who has done it before, who can remind you that it isn't gonna last forever if you start having a bad trip.

Thanks, I guess i wanna try xtc first though, or is there a better psychedelic to start out with

Ecstasy is not a psychedelic. I havn't tried it exactly, though I've done MDMA many times. Good drug for any situation really, you can party like a motherfucker or have long intense conversations.

Wait, aren't ecstasy and MDMA literally the same thing?
Sounds right up my alley

Ehh the terms might differ depending on where you're from, but MDMA is the primary compound of ecstacy, which is usually mixed up with amphetamines or some other drugs. MDMA is basically what some refer to as "pure MDMA".

Oh I see.
But if MDMA is in xtc how is xtc not a psychedelic? Are the psychedelic effects absent due to the other substances

No, neither are psychedelics.

I guess I confused psychedelic and psychoactive

That’s true, but my reasoning is that when you are dealing with a natural substance you know what you are getting, as opposed to synthetic stuff that can be cut with all sorts of other fillers. I just want to be sure I know what I’m getting into.

Kratom is chill

stop

MDMA is the substance in eccs that gives ya the classic "esctacy feeling".

However eccs dont always have pure MDMA. Hence why its importaint to test them, esp molly in powder form itself cause people can get dangerously shiesty with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=pn0qsIBuYgo&feature=youtu.be&t=31m51s

When I'm not drinking n smoking while driving. I'm on ACID N COCAINE

also fuck dope, meth, crack, ketamine, any n every kinda pills, esp benzos

pic related, the glory of gay fueled coke sex

Attached: sexwater.jpg (600x450, 57.7K)

ment to tag

Orange Juice is my preferred way to get whatever thats called when it boosts the trip.

You can buy drug testing kits online bud

Food is a drug so stop eating.

This is the first time I've ever heard ego death being referred to as a bad thing.
So WTF religion are you high on?

Literally why?

MDMA is not really a psychedelic but it's often included with those types of drugs anyway because, if done in the right setting, it has the potential to be therapeutic/spiritual, similar to the traditional psychedelics. Taking pure MDMA with a couple of close friends and just having a conversation can be such a beautiful experience.

With MDMA there's actual neurotoxicity to worry about though. Always wait a few months in between rolls, don't take more than 150 mg, use supplements, etc. Safety is important, you don't want to permanently fuck your brain.

It didn't do anything for me at first, so for a long time I thought it was garbage. Then I tried a different strain and nowadays I fucking love it.

Attached: 1515849393927.jpg (800x732, 65K)

Communists that do drugs are more harmful than useful for the cause.

And posters who suck cocks are faggots, such as yourself.

Only alcohol affects me it seems, fucking wack fam.

late reply, you guys are right that its not the only thing thats like it
doing it on purpose is different to me though, I really dont like the idea, I dont like the idea of sleeping for similar reasons but I cant avoid sleeping

I don't get why anyone would wanna do this drug. The effects seem fucking horrible, honestly.

It's OTC, cheap, and can have a massively warping effect on your visuals. It's basically LSD for autists who can't find a a dealer.

Attached: 3b2b500f60caa143754fa923799600fcdee3cbf6ac58085aeec2a026ad6af36a.jpg (500x622, 33.72K)

On LSD you get a feeling of being connected to everything and you see pretty colors and fractals and shit. From what I've read about DPH, you get hallucinations in the form of spooky shit like spiders, and you can't really tell them apart from reality. Sounds scary and unpleasant to me.

Regular life is scary and unpleasant. Anything to suffer through the alienation.

If you live in the states do Salvia. And if you're in the southwest go pickup San Pedro at your local Cacti nursery. You can also pick them up online, they used to even sell cuttings on amazon for like 20 bucks.
And if you're really focused on Lysergic acid diethylamide you can extract Lysergic acid amide from Morning Glory Seeds. I've never done Morning Glory so you're going to have to do your own research on that one.
zamnesia.com/blog-how-to-extract-lsa-from-morning-glory-seeds-n1490

Attached: WHY-EXTRACT-LSA.jpg (626x754 78.72 KB, 177.32K)

I don't live in the states, Salvia is illegal where I live. I do wanna try mescaline but I'm more likely to just buy it in powder form from a darknet vendor instead of slicing up a fucking cactus.

Haven't done morning glory seeds but I've tried Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds which contain the same thing. Pretty boring drug tbh.

You do drugs because they feel good and because you saw them being romanticized in the culture industry.

Do what you want with your body and free time, but don't yourself it's this passive act of rebellion because everything is like, so fucked, you know man?

I guess but at least you can make sure it's the cactus it says it is when it's in cutting form. Freshness etc. etc.
Also it's completely legal to buy and sell. You only run into legality issues once you start cutting it up and preparing it for ingestion.

I'd take DXM over DHM
Deliriants are….bizarre.

This actually makes an inferior product.

huh?

I do weed. As long as it doesn't endanger my ability to get a living, I might as well make life tolerable.

Yeah the effects can be downright frightening but that's a big part of the appeal for me. I see it the same way as going to see a scary movie or riding a rollercoaster.

Morning Glory has a lot of chemically similar, but not psychoactive molecules that get carried over into the final product. Microgram for microgram, MG-sourced LSD is weaker than that from ergot.

He wasn't talking about making LSD from Morning Glory seeds, he meant just eating the damn seeds. They contain lysergic acid amide (LSA) which has a similar chemical structure to LSD and is also psychoactive (but kinda shitty).

Hell, I don't recommend that either. You're in for a miserable time if you just eat 'em. Made that mistake in my youth.

Extracted properly, it's….ok.

Agreed, that's because LSA is shit, not because it's bad quality LSD like it seemed you were implying earlier. Making LSD is a very complicated process., you need a chemist and lab for that.

You don't need a chemist when you can BE the chemist. That said, once you have some grasp of the process, it's really just a chain of simple tasks.
It's just that those tasks require attention to lab safety at every step.

Link me a guide or something fam

thanks dude

Skillshares, man. It's the most important thing.

Currently getting high on bupe and melatonin who /cheap/ here ?

So I've been planning on giving mushrooms another try this summer. I tried them for the first time 3 years ago and had a mixed bag of an experience that was ruined by my asshole friend and a way too big dose.

Basically my first time was kind of a gyp because of the large dose I took, and I dont even remember it all that well. I also felt no indication of spirituality or higher awareness or any of the supposedly good things that come from mushrooms. What would be a good way to go about trying it again to get these effects? My current plan is to take some good friends (fellow psychonaughts plus a sitter or two) into the forest and try again, this time with a smaller dose. What kind of dose would be good for a person of about 200lbs if they want a solid psychedelic experience but not get the same result as last time? I think that 2g might be a little too light, and was thinking 2.5 or 3g for this run.

Drugs are just the cherry on top of demoralising the public, they are distributed by government agencies, drug dealers are agents and many gangsters are freemasons.

I've never taken hard drugs, just alcohol, but now I am tired of that, it doesn't help me self-improve or lose myself, all that numbs this world is sleep, sleep more, shoot up less, OP.

thats melanin