Why do lifestylists like lgbt groups and vegans and ecologists think their positions are somehow inherently left wing...

Why do lifestylists like lgbt groups and vegans and ecologists think their positions are somehow inherently left wing and why does the left embrace them?

Attached: 1498951753597.jpg (2048x1356, 1.53M)

Modern "left", at least in the western world got turned into liberals during the late 70s and 80s
Basically, a bunch of liberals call themselves leftwing when they're not

yeah but even proper leftists say that you cant be fighting for workers rights if you arent fighting for lgbt+ rights and pushing for some green earth thing. and muh meat industry

..is being gay lifestylist now?

just pray the gay away bro!

your sexuality isnt a lifestyle but there are large lgbt subcultures and most of the demands of the lgbt movement are just lifestylist bullshit

Combating discrimination against gays (or other groups) should be embraced by the left and connected with class struggle — such as homelessness in this case for instance. Just because we reject the idpol framework doesn't mean we should allow intolerance or prejudice to infiltrate our movement.

such as? I'd argue it's liberal infestation, or an attempt to attract more people by pandering to their individual political desires

Activism is different from simply being

because identity-centred groups which have historically faced discrimination or percieve themselves as opposing injustice of one sort or another are frequently attracted to an intrinsically libertarian political position.
Throughout history anti-racism, sexual freedom, environmentalism, etc. have been compatible with a left-wing marxist or anarchist political vision while liberalism, fascism and all other reactionary political visions are in one aspect or another incompatible with these.
In the modern day most of them are compatible with liberalism which has caught up with some of their demands in its great flexibility, hell there are subgroups of fascists which are amenable to to one or more of these (green nazis, anti-racist fascists, pro-gay nazis).
In some cases its a joint history (the american left having found much of its very limited expression in the civil rights movement, gay and lesbian solidarity with the miners strikes in Britain) and sometimes its the continued recognition of these identity-focused activists that marxism or anarchism continue to offer a libertarian vision of the world.

Look I got no problem with gays and I'm all for right ecc. Still I don't know how this has anything to do with marxism. Women liberation is a thing for marxist because of the property relations, but gays? I really want to hear why and how it's related to class conflict.

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 88.33K)

I doubt it.

very productive response. its almost like you think your argument is weak

The origin of the stigma around homosexuality lies in the same structure that gave rise to sexism: property and labor. You see, homosexual relationships cannot produce children; this, exclusive homosexuals do not contribute to future generations of the workforce. This is why many people have a distaste for homosexuality but tolerate it so long as the homosexual is in a heterosexual relationship and produces children.

Is this stuff still valid today? I mean, it looks like the gay man is the perfect puppet of neo liberalism if you out it this way

Well, it certainly isn't as true today in the west as it was even twenty years ago; however there's still a pretty big stigma around homosexuality in many places. You could say the same about women; it's normal for women to enter the workforce and it's medically accepted that a woman who doesn't want children isn't clinically insane; however, there's still a stigma around women who don't have kids. Also, lgbt people are less than 5% of the US population but make up 40% of homeless teenagers, and they're still at increased risk for police violence.
As for neoliberalism, they'll always try to assimilate radical struggles; they did it to a large extent with feminism and to a lesser extent with black civil rights. They've definitely done it with gay marriage and putting gay people on tv but lgbt homelessness and other serious issues are left unaddressed, and many lgbt people (especially those from working class backgrounds who are more likely to be affected by this) are acutely aware of this.

Queer people have historically been oppressed. Workers have historically been oppressed. These people recognise that they're both being fucked over by the same system. Mutual support makes both groups stronger. Read about LGSM.

Now this is a good answer. I didn't know about this.

Anarcho-snowflakes, political vegans, post-left fags, ecofascists, and all other lifestylists will be put in the municipally administered gulags.

Attached: book.jpg (711x570, 47.06K)

Bookchin's ruthless attacks on late-20th century leftism almost make up for his lackluster position on western imperialism. He more or less ended Bob Black's career without even really mentioning him by name.

Bye bye baboon left

Good effort post. Glad to see not all tanks are "actually reactionary"

social.ly conservative