Discord bans NotSoBot and creator solely for saying "shut up jew" to dev; Did free speech die?

The creator of famous Discord bot NotSoBot, @NotSoSuper aka on Discord, was banned by the developers after responding to a developer request with "shut up jew," and subsequently refusing to apologize. His bot has also been disabled most likely permanently, though the GitHub page is available here if admins wish to host an older copy of the bot: github.com/NotSoSuper/NotSoBot

Users throughout Discord have voiced their concerns that the developers are banning users with insufficient justification. This is the latest controversial ban, as while the average result of such a statement to an admin of a server would be a server warning, mute or in some stricter cases a server ban, this resulted in a ban from the application Discord, and every server therein.

NotSoBot, with arguably the most features and coding of any bot on Discord, was used by thousands of servers and hailed as tremendously helpful in aspects of moderation, creativity, and numerous fun socializing and searching utilities.

Were the developers justified? Harassment and abuse do after all warrant punishment. However, which is more abusive: a user stating one racist insult, or a developer banning a user's access to their friends, social circles, and creations all over 1 racist remark. A user stating a racist insult to someone and meaning it, may warrant a warning or mute, depending on if they truly mean it and the place it was conveyed. But a user stating a racist insult does not warrant a heavy-handed overreaction of cutting that user's social ties and destroying all the work and effort they spent over the course of a year. At most, the developers should have banned the user from their SERVER, but that is only at most and even then it would be overkill.

Users have the universal, self-given, inalienable right to free speech. To have developers abuse their power for such a minor action, is an oppressive act of censorship far exceeding what is reasonably fair and just. If Discord insists on having 0 tolerance with no leeway, we likewise as users have a civic duty to ourselves to likewise have 0 tolerance for this abuse of power.

SEEING AS this information is brought to you by the International Internet Users Union (IIUU); WHEREAS this is not the only place we are relaying this information to; WHEREAS we relay this information in the name of users standing up for their free speech; WE THUS urge you to support your union so we may continue to provide for you, by accepting this Discord server invite discord.gg/4rUTYXv

Attached: unknown (2)

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=ruFdHCyRppI
discord.gg/4rUTYXv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Freedom of Association, bitch

Only protected against government suppression (and even then only if you can prove it in a hostile court).

Nazis eat shit.

Nice, discord are /ourguys/

This guy is spamming this on every board btw.

If it's relevant to the board, if it's only posted 1 time per board, and if the boards appear to have separate governing structures, then this is perfectly fine to spread on multiple boards given its valid importance.

Attached: iiuuwallpaper1.jpg (3840x2160, 352.72K)

A nazi getting banned for sperging on discord is of zero importance

lol no they fucking don't. I think the Discord admins should have stuck his head on a spike on a board listing his infraction publicly for everyone to see – and do that for everyone. The internet doesn't work in a free-for-all and requires tight moderation or it's just a nightmare.

My only foreseeable issue here is that users need to know when others get banned and why so they don't step out of line. It is the growth-at-all-costs capitalism on the internet that is working against this however, since those companies don't care how toxic their users are, they just want their data so they can sell it.

fuck off retard

lol gay

Regardless of this persons political view it is important to get fellow leftists off of this crap and onto a FOSS alternative with open protocols for text and speech communication.

Attached: change-my-mind.jpg (1024x768, 562.47K)

Some people play better with their hands above the table; others, below it. I simply argue, why not both?

Attached: 1CivilFlag.png (3800x2000, 178.83K)

Like the current attacks against "fake news," censorship of this type will also be used against left-wing views. We should be against it. We also shouldn't say that it's perfectly legitimate because it's a corporation censoring views rather than a government, as does. Corporate censorship is still censorship and should be viewed as such by the left; "a corporation does it, so it isn't censorship" strikes me as a right-wing libertarian argument.

Why the fuck are aut-rightists always this disingenuous?
Not even the vampire's castle is this bad.

What?

Double negative.

Is it confirmed that this guy is in fact a Nazi, or is just some guy throwing an insult and who got banned for it?

Also Discord is stupid, stop using it.

Who the fuck uses "jew" as an insult in the age of reaction without being a nazi? Someone stupid enough to get the bullet anyway.

I mean, not to be that guy but faggot, nigger, etc. are also insults which are used that would still follow parallel to calling someone a jew. Maybe he doesn't mean literally a jew? Maybe I just hang out around vulgar people, but I know for a fact those people aren't reactionary

Oh, should be any pretext. Gottcha.

hooktube.com/watch?v=ruFdHCyRppI

Yeah maybe he doesnt mean jew literally, and just uses jew as 'bad person'. Not the same at all

This is strangely reminiscent of conversations I've had joking with friends during trade school and I don't know how to feel about it.

Attached: 1490503538711.png (800x800, 531K)

Maybe? Like, maybe I'm desensitized to it all, but when I was with my friends working maintenance on something and, for example, I didn't pass a tool or fucked up on something, it wouldn't be uncommon to hear something like "Stop acting like a faggot and help me out" or "Stop being a nigger and keeping me waiting". And I know it s not an argument, but a lot of the people I worked with and said these things were black or hispanic/mixed, so I don't know. In fact, everyone of every ethnicity said them, it was just kind of done that way.

Attached: 1389083166377.png (554x439, 44.74K)

Discord is a datamining program you fucking idiot. Don't act like discord is some wonderful public service when it only exists for the sake of profit.

I agree that censorship should be opposed since it'll undoubtedly come back to bite us in the ass, but I feel like this tendency on the right to complain about their right to "free speech" any time they're faced with someone disagreeing with them is also very dangerous

borat.

also its a funny way of calling someone greedy, unless the dude banned was actually some aut right or right wing faggot screaming about jewish communism and muslim rape gangs we shouldn't be celebrating this as some kind of victory. in fact who cares

I may agree. The right complain about free speech in two senses: if they're being opposed from the left (by protests, for example), or someone with authority is removing anyone who says things "controversial," "extreme" or mean. This would be the second case, not the first.

Look I'm not against joking about racism, sexism and every other ism (except communism) between friends, exactly because we know it holds no real hate.
Calling some random mod a jew because he asked you to fix your bot simply cannot be such a case.

whatev, who gives a fuck
letting a handful of corporations form natural monopolies around telecommunications and the internet isn't a good thing

We have open chat standards like IRC and XMPP.
Use them you retards.

what for?

i don't give a shit, his own fault using a platform where you need an account and are subject to the rules of the guys running the servers

if he loves capitalism so much i'm sure he can just create his own communication platform, he's "free" to do that

Fuck off to >>>/liberty/ with that dogshit argument.

lol jew

Attached: 1508472579881.gif (1221x768, 698.63K)

Brave soul

choose one user

Zig Forums's admins and mods have chosen to CENSOR our free speech, by BUMP-LOCKING this thread from public availability. This is an ABHORRENT act of SUPPRESSION against a valid important topic of FREE SPEECH, and we the leftypol users deserve better. If you believe this is true, JOIN your users union so we may better fight abuses of power such as these: discord.gg/4rUTYXv

Attached: iiuufist.png (335x485, 13.63K)

stolan