What's the most proletarian film genre and why is it Spaghetti Westerns, Zig Forums? Even Stalin himself loved Westerns

What's the most proletarian film genre and why is it Spaghetti Westerns, Zig Forums? Even Stalin himself loved Westerns.

Attached: onceuponatimeinthewest.jpg (1920x1080, 343.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostern
youtube.com/watch?v=ChHvymU2o9U
veoh.com/watch/v19616798eTqxBQfx
yandex.ru/video/запрос/сериал/qare-dard?text=сыновья большой медведицы фильм 1966&source=relquery&autoplay=1&forcePlay=1
easterneuropeanmovies.com/adventure/67-the-sons-of-great-bear.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've never really understood why Europeans liked the inland US west so much. It's like being in Spain if half of Spain was annexed by England and repopulated with UVF members. Though in Italy's case their love for westerns is rooted in how cheap they are to film because the nicer parts of the west coast resemble the shittier parts of Italy.

Anyway I'm willing to guess it became a popular genre in the eastern bloc because it's the only genre of film that actively critiques capitalist businesses, most western plots are around eastern companies, railroads, bandits, mercenaries or some combination of the four doing something evil which mirrors real life. There aren't many westerns about indian/pest control because most of that was already done by the Mexican army by the time cowboys came around.

Don't know, mate. Anyway, Sergio Leone's Duck, You Sucker (Giù la Testa) starts with a Mao quote.

watch the Great Silence

In truth, a lot of Spaghetti western were shot in Spain. It was even cheaper to shoot them there than in Italy. I remember a documentary saying that at least one Spag-western was shot at least in part in Albania. I don't think it was one of the best ones, though. A lot of them are actually rubbish and aside from Sergio Leone's stuff most of them are B-movies at best.
By now, western movies, Spaghetti or not, are a dead genre. I think they used to be popular in Wopalia in the '60s and '70s mainly because they were exotic. Plus, yes, film productions in Italy used to be cheap for a lot of reasons even though, as I said, Italian companies used to actually do a lot of stuff in even cheaper places - Spain and Albania, as I said, but I also suspect some stuff may have been shot in Yugoslavia and maybe some place in North Africa.>>2530145

Classic Westerns > Spaghetti Westerns

Fuck Italians and fuck their influence

The searchers is fucking garbage, Hollywood westerns are uncreative trash like everything else they make. John Wayne's legacy is all shit, the only good Hollywood westerns were from the Coens

This is the truth, the old westerns were formulaic garbage. The marvel movies of their time. Without the unholy production costs of today's capeshit of course.
Leone's innovations have themselves become played out but we'd probably be looking at the western genre purely as hokey jingoistic bullshit were it not for him.

Fuck you, mate. At least blame us for something we deserve to be blamed for!

Based Juche user! While I don't think all Hollywood westerns are shit, John Wayne's stuff is crap for sure.

That's golden.

This. Anyway, I think too much people conflate Leone's works - excellent, world-class productions all around - with literal B-movies that just featured cowboys and happend to come out of Italy. Thus, Spaghetti westerns having a bad reputation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostern

Attached: 1469839635038.jpg (700x700, 67.67K)

idk I thought "the shootist" and "true grit" were decent

Hoxha let them shoot Westerns in Albania?

based hoxha tbh

The Searchers is great.

It depends on what you mean by "old western," but I can think of quite a few good westerns that weren't spaghetti westerns: Johnny Guitar, The Wild Bunch, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, McCabe and Mrs. Miller, and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia. The much derided Heaven's Gate is also much better than its reputation. These are all technically revisionist westerns, though.

Attached: sad stalin.png (333x440, 39.45K)

Stalin was a cunt, fuck off

Attached: 1526698832021.jpg (1024x1024, 80.92K)

Super Weenie Hut Jr's is this way, kiddo >>>Zig Forums

I'm actually surprised af this hasn't happened yet

Someone should tell Tarantino to make this.

holy shit, i want to watch this

trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=ChHvymU2o9U

full kino
veoh.com/watch/v19616798eTqxBQfx
yandex.ru/video/запрос/сериал/qare-dard?text=сыновья большой медведицы фильм 1966&source=relquery&autoplay=1&forcePlay=1

Spaghetti westerns are imperialism, stealing Japanese cinema.

Westerners are pure kino

Attached: 51KbdES4FaL._SY445_.jpg (220x297 53.4 KB, 24.65K)

Are there english subs?

Spaghetti Westerns aren't even the most proletariat Italian films.

Attached: nights-of-cabiria.jpg (1406x936, 98.76K)

True. Check The Working Class Goes to Heaven (1971) by Elio Petri, starring based Gian Maria Volonté.
Or Slap the Monster on Page One (1972) by Marco Bellocchio, this too with Volonté in the leading role.

Attached: gianmariavolonte.jpg (209x400 146.62 KB, 35.08K)

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll check those out.

Don't know actually. It could have been bullshit made up for that documentary, tbh. I tried to do a quick search, but I couldn't find anything.

Bunkers and Cowboys, basically.

You're welcome, user.

Didn't he say he was done making films or something?

Back when the KCTV stream was up on YouTube they showed the Seventh Bullet (1973) dubbed in Korean. It was pretty kino.

Pick one.

Stalin was a prole, fam.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1174x1600, 1.98M)

He stopped being proletarian when he came to power.

Correct, being that he created a classless society ;)

that would've been fucking kino

Attached: 1497718048700.jpg (400x400, 30.77K)

He said he's making his last 2 films, I don't believe him tbh.

which exactly? not only did he repeatedly offer to be freed from his duties as general secretary, which was rejected including by trotsky, he also stepped down 1952

easterneuropeanmovies.com/adventure/67-the-sons-of-great-bear.html
version with subtitles
Zig Forums kinonight when?

Attached: Stalin_Image.jpg (469x555, 259.44K)

NOTE
it only let me play once before it requires some sort of subscription

That'd be nice. Maybe we could stream it