I've always wondered something; what the fuck is it with liberals and harry potter...

I've always wondered something; what the fuck is it with liberals and harry potter? A lot of liberals seem to make these inane political comparisons with harry potter. Hell, even JK Rowling herself sometimes says really stupid shit like pic related.
Not only that, but many people I know who read Harry potter ended up becoming these borderline illiterate neoliberal retards that only read bad fanfiction. Whats the deal?

Attached: rowling.png (1200x577, 172.93K)

Attached: ChYD7ub_d.jpg (640x456, 66.88K)

what do you call a dead liberal?

a good one.

how the fuck is there even conflict in the HP universe if magic makes scarcity pretty much obsolete? Why the hell is there even slavery when you can do most of their tasks with just waving a wand?

Attached: rowlingtweet.png (962x788, 580.08K)

based. An alliance of radical internet autists would destroy the neoliberal order and allow us to fight each other properly.

Attached: darthstalin.png (782x470, 855.81K)

Attached: rowling_potter_corbyn_dumbledore_twitter_labour-420x314.png (634x547 231.17 KB, 66.28K)

The only good thing we got out of Harry Potter were the first 3 games.

Fascists are in practice neoliberals.

huh it's almost as if political groups with different views don't like eachother

Attached: hmmmmmmmm.png (935x902, 253.68K)

Americans are constitutionally permitted only to read one book (or continuous series of a particular book) after graduating high school. Many choose Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged because it's so huge that it can effectively account for a whole lifetime's worth of reading. At being just a few dozen pages shorter, the Harry Potter series is also a popular choice. The only difference is that people that read Harry Potter are already retarded, while Atlas Shrugged makes you retarded.

Attached: valuable treasure.gif (130x142, 7.08K)

Why are americans so loving of Ayn rand ?
Is she any good?
In most countries nobody knows her

Attached: a553022ff054effc3f3169767c9bcba9_a2f8b48fcbcb4e3954b31ed4d9361393.jpg (280x392, 37.78K)

I gotta admit she has a few badass quotes

Is it the literature?
Is she a good writer then..
But not really a political scientist

A major contributing factor is that the American education system is in a fucking shambles. It's engineered from the ground up not only to engender ignorance, but to insulate Americans from any kind of thought or ideas that aren't being transmitted to them along corporate lines.

So for many, Rand is the first and only "political philosopher" they ever read, and because they're too stupid to know any better because they are bombarded with superficial evidence apparently proving her dogshit "philosophy" correct, they never move beyond it.

Attached: bb73d4fb6ddc8b748875f14007af22dcdcebe2cbb5a480ae9d678f3ab1d7e712.png (540x499, 280.68K)

Because Harry potter is the Liberal Beings fantasy

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh…

Her writing in itself isn't awful, but it's nothing spectacular. With all the rape ravishment that goes on you could easily come to the conclusion that one car carrying a bunch of harlequin romance manuscripts and another car carrying a bunch of crackpot political manuscripts got into a collision and the papers got mixed up somehow.

I guess it'd be fair to say that stylistically and compositionally she's better than average, but she's not really anything special. Atlas Shrugged features a speech from one of the main characters that goes on for literally dozens of pages without interruption. That in itself should be enough to have her dragged before the board of the MLA and summarily executed.

Attached: discourse.png (296x475, 161.12K)

Attached: a65fcf3516034c1a4c749577c00060ecb4140913261fc07323ab3182fab85144.jpg (823x586, 170.15K)

Is she the center of this phenomenon?
Tolkien's dead and never seemed to be openly political (save for supporting Spanish Republicans until they came into direct conflict with the church)
George Martin just writes a wank fantasy

I'm not very in the loop so please let me know if there are any blatantly shit authors with as much 'lording' over their fans as Rowling

Tolkien a good boy that just want to write medieval romance fanfiction. He did literally nothing wrong.

Attached: lothlorien in spring.jpg (861x1143, 428.8K)

Reading Ayn Rand as a teenager made me a communist as an adult.
Make of that what you will.

Is she that bad?

However bad you imagine her to be, she is slightly worse.

fpbp
we've had this thread enough times already

Rand is a garbage writer, the ideas she puts forth are terrible, her books are riddled with plot holes, inconsistency and leaps of logic and she can't write characters properly

what is she referencing in the second image?
t. american not updated on british politics

in my school we were assigned to read it so literally everybody in my class knows who she is.

Blairites attempted to force Corbyn out of the leadership, but he refused to go on their vote and had it put to a vote of the entire party's membership, which returned with him getting an increased share, that would be the refuse to resign bit

Wrecking hogwarts would be the common belief amongst blairites and the media that Corbyn was unelectable, thus wrecking the labour party

The running off to give speeches to trolls bit could mean any number of things

Family friend gave me a copy of Fountainhead when I was 16 or so. Finished it in a couple days hoping that the sociopathic arrogant raping terrorist protagonist of the novel would get his in the end. And then he wins. Threw that shit directly in the garbage where it belongs.

Liberals love children's literature. Why do you think they love Lena Dunham's books, but avoid Marx like the plague?

The Fountainhead should be mandatory reading for any leftist. It's like a glimpse into the mind of a lolbert.

To be fair, Marx is avoided by the plague by almost everyone. Even open-minded people think Capital is extremely unwieldy.

Yup. That's liberals for you.

It's more about a misconception that Marxist ideas are mostly outdated and useless in modern times. Marx's fun and inflammatory writing lacks the rigor of the incredibly boring magnum opus he never finished.

You could always slap a Noam Chomsky label on the cover over Marx's name. Liberals love him.

It really opened my eyes to the fact that anyone who likes Rand is either illiterate or just a terrible person.

Also, who the hell tries to outline their political views in a fictional novel? Seriously.

Can someone explain to me what The Fountainhead was about and why it was so bad?

It's about a brilliant architect that is being held back by the constraints of inferior men who value conformity and popularity over unique creation. He refuses to compromise his vision. He ends up blowing up the housing project he's working on rather than let his Original Creation be perverted by compromise. MC gives such a moving courtroom speech about individualism that he's found not guilty.

As a piece of literature it's not terrible, but the ideological focus takes what would otherwise be a mediocre novel and makes it into a plodding chore as you're beat over the head with the political message.

Atlas Shrugged is this, times a thousand.