Can America still be considered a patriarchy, or have some elements of patriarchy in its system...

Can America still be considered a patriarchy, or have some elements of patriarchy in its system? Or is this all just some liberal bullshit that has little to do with the real issues?

Both liberals and conservatives seem to be guilty of thinking that America achieved full equality after 1964, and then go on about the wage gap or suhjuhwuhs, or whatever.

Attached: den_urbana_medelklassen_no_text.png (954x960, 210.41K)

Depends on your region. In rural Mississippi patriarchy still exists. In LA it could be argued that there there’s a matriarchy. It’s important to note how fucking gigantic Burgerland is and that something might be true about one part of it but completely untrue in a different part. America is only a bit smaller than the EU.

"Old lives on in the new," etc. There are patriarchal relations wherever women depend on men for income, where men control fortunes and who they are passed on to, in prostitution, in the anti-pregnancy policies of all businesses. Also uncompensated housework.
That said, "the patriarchy," or feudal patriarchy, has been broken up. Most male proles can go their whole life not actually entering into patriarchal relations with women. The vestiges of patriarchy, or the new patriarchy, is totally incidental and emergent from bourgeois relations, and capitalism only actively promotes patriarchy so far as it is useful to fascism. Capitalism can function perfectly with women in charge, men doing housework, etc.

then why does it look bigger on the map?

Rural areas are quite patriarchal still. The urban black community is actually matriarchal. Complaining about le wage gap and le women CEOs is liberal obfuscation.

Do women still do unpaid domestic and maternal labor?

So all we have to do to destroy the patriarchy is hire a cleaner and wear a condom? Genuinely curious. Polite sage.

Alaska get’s distorted to look bigger than it actualy is.

Not in any structural or institutionalised way, no. It still predominates in small communities here and there, but that happens in big and uneven countries. People who talk as if the whole of US (culture) is patriarchal have had their brains rotted by idpol, or are looking to get on the diversity gravy train.

Life for the american women has improved in the last century but Rape, misogyny, maternal duties, and taking care of the house alone are still a relaity to most women but now they also work regular jobs.

Don't forget Sweden and Finland are part of the EU, those are relatively large countries. Also Mercator projection makes Alaska look disproportionally big and much of the EU disproportionally small.

No, mercator makes Europe seem way bigger, sweden and finland are small countries and both combined are smaller than egypt in terms of area.

You shouldn't have listened to the serpent. Yahwehs's punishment is just.

Is god nazbol?

Obviously.

of course America is a patriarchy

go fuck yourself cunt

I think non-racist nazbol isn't too bad.

I don't believe identifying contemporary America as a patriarchy is particularly useful. Oppressive patriarchs no longer play an important role in society and have instead become occasional fringe figures. You could use the term in a more technical sense but I don't see the point of that.

Yahweh is dead.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x1071, 1.2M)

Lol I've never met a woman that could even cook much less do all the household chores. And this ain't the 1800's, cleaning up the house isn't a full time job.
Is the majority of child support paid by men. Does having a baby only constitute a tiny faction of the labor requires to raise a child. Do men and women not share that responsibility equally?

obviously, although I wouldn't expect this board to see it cause it's 90% men

Can you elaborate a bit? I don't buy the "you won't understand because you're x" shit. Human beings are great at imagining each other's experiences.

I have a fucking penis lol

Neither of them share that responsibility because it's dumped on teachers and day care workers. Parents are only raising kids at nights and during weekends if that.