Thoughts on Shining Path?

Thoughts on Shining Path?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_Path
totalwar-ar.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Shining_Path

Still active.

Attached: Shining Path.png (466x674, 68.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eXjd7GkHKfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MLM's like them obviously but they seem pretty shit tbh

stopped reading

Don't get me wrong, randomly killing policemen is amusing, but it's not a revolution. It's just insane.

Better than nothing, but maoist are a death cult at this point. They really enjoy killing

Who doesn't?

the vast majority of people, miss me with that psycho nigga shit

Were pretty big in the 1980's. Made a lot of serious ultra-left errors. After the arrest of like their entire leadership in the 1990's, they've declined to the point where they're functionally just a small scale drug cartel/bandit with a vulgar leftist/communist mythology, and no real political motivation. The Protracted People's War in Peru has been over since well before Gonzalo himself capitulated in captivility.

Currently the CPP/NPA in the Philippines is heading down a very similar path. PPW hasn't existed in any real, tangiable way in the Philippines since around 2004/2005.. Maybe 2006. The handful of Guerillas that are left (Less than 1/10th of their 1980's strength) operate as bandit groups, and the CCP/NDF, with the exception of the faction oriented around Comrade Madros/Ka Oris, is desperate to capitulate & transform into a social-democratic/reformist party.

Attached: ChickenTikkaMasala.jpg (950x535, 102.68K)

So basically Maoist armed groups around the world are fucked, in general?
Has Protracted Peoples war succeded other than in China during Mao time?
Can this failures be understood as Maoism not really being applicable outside the Chinese conditions?

Attached: Althusser.jpg (267x377, 25.05K)

Basically, yes. In the Philippines, the "peoples war" has been reduced to a handful of autonomous groups which basically act as bandits. In 1984, the NPA had almost 30'000 Fighters, along with 100'000 Barangay Militia fighters. In 2005, that was reduced to around 6000 fighters, and as of 2018, it is somewhere below 2000. Support in the rural areas has more or less dried up for the party, with the exception some of indigenous groups, eg, the Lumads in Mindanao.

One big misconception floating around regarding people's war in India is that "the naxalites" are a singular group. In reality, there are over a dozen Naxalite parties currently engaged in armed struggle - many of which are at war with each other, and spend more time killing each other than other groups. CPI (Maoist) was formed when two groups - CPI(ML)-Peoples war, and the Maoist Communist Center merged, essentially because they were exhausting their resources in killing each other too much.

I can't speak for all of the Naxal Groups engaged in armed struggle. it is possible some smaller, off the radar groups have seen some success. The CPI (Maoist) is the largest of these groups, and is currently in a very bad way. Operation Greenhunt has seen most of their leadership - from the mid levels to the central committee, killed off or imprisoned. The People's Army has declined, and they are currently suffering mass defections. The old maps of their reach in the red corridor are horribly outdated.

The International Maoist movement is in generally in decline.

I'll answer your other questions later.

Attached: 15cdba73dd925b63_Butter-Chicken_-_Copy.jpg (1608x1351, 586.01K)

Pathetic.

Thanks for this good awnsers!!!
Hope you later can awnser the ther questions, btw, do you consider yourself a Maoist?

Attached: The bolsheboys.jpg (768x608, 89.63K)

maoism was a mistake

Very informative, thank you!

Why arre those Naxalites fighting each other though?

Why people call them a cult?

Thanks for bumping an 8 day old post back to the top.

What seems to be the problem, comrade?

This is some American anarkiddy-tier analysis of how political violence should be used. Being violent in random, sporadic, unorganized, unfocused bursts doesn't do shit, Black Bloc faggots have been doing this shit on a global scale for at least 20 years and it literally doesn't do anything and the ruling class doesn't give a shit about it. The J20 fags all just got released without being prosecuted, you think that would have happened if small chaotic bursts of random violence actually threatened power?

This whole "If you aren't fine with all violence on the Left ever no matter how ineffective it is you're a red liberal" mentality is stupid reddit shit that should be a bannable offense on this board imo, go read a fucking book you edgy faggots

While generally I agree with you the ruling class did give a shit about the RAF for example.

Attached: NLy5kJkoQtmTlEFhG9f6_Rote_Armee_fraktion.jpg (600x854, 73.5K)

Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't know much about the RAF but didn't they actually focus and coordinate their attacks and target specific figures that they knew were important etc?

For the most part yes. I thought you were talking about conspiratorial terrorism in general, not random car burning like some anarkiddies do.

Absolutely not, and I don't even know shit about Shining Path so I'm not even trying to imply whether or not they're what I mean, I'm just so sick of this mentality I keep seeing on the Left, particularly in the West, that if you criticize smashy shit you're automatically a liberal

If you see the Russian Revolution, or any other succesful Leftist revolution, in a positive light you support political violence by definition. I'm just saying there's a big difference between effective and ineffective political violence. This video is a good example of the former (ironically there were a lot of anarchists in the movement that did this):
youtube.com/watch?v=eXjd7GkHKfU

Idk maoism in general seems to be extremely outdated, including in the third world. Also, as someone who is from south america, most communist guerrillas that have existed here don't really put that much theory into practice and focus on extremely ambigous shit like wealth redistribution and killing random cops or kidnapping random people. Shit praxis tbh

Tbh all leftist theories are now mostly outdated

t. opportunist

Are they tho?

All was a wrong word
Maybe most is better

Btw i am a marxist
So most except marx