Are open relationships better than monogamous ones? Science investigates

Are open relationships better than monogamous ones? Science investigates

A new study from the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada, found that couples in open relationships, who date and sleep with other people, are just as happy as people who are monogamously coupled.

“We found people in consensual, non-monogamous relationships experience the same levels of relationship satisfaction, psychological well-being and sexual satisfaction as those in monogamous relationships,” Jessica Wood, a Ph.D. student in social psychology at the University of Guelph and co-author of the study, writes in a press release.

“This debunks societal views of monogamy as being the ideal relationship structure.”

Researchers surveyed more than 140 people in open relationships and more than 200 in monogamous ones. Participants were asked about relationship satisfaction, how often they considered separating from their partners and whether they confided in their partners.

The study found that couples in open relationships were just as happy as their monogamous counterparts. It also suggested that the most important predictor of a healthy relationship is being on the same page sexually — whether with just one person or many.

nypost.com/2018/07/02/are-open-relationships-better-than-monogamous-ones-science-investigates

Attached: 580101808.jpg (3000x2000, 2.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

yourtango.com/2016285828/women-find-80-percent-men-unattractive-says-crazy-study
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Discarded. Do not trust New World universities

I love how that picture shows a man and two women…as if that's the reality of open relationships. everybody knows open relationships means the woman will have tons of partners and the man will be rejected 99 times in 100 attempts

Because I’m sure people are always 100% honest about their love lives with random surveyors.

Not every man is Anthony Burch.

Of course, clearly humans are interchangeable and the people that make up open relationships can be swapped with those that aren't in one

Attached: 1530324755730.jpg (1024x620, 123.81K)

Do we live in world where men don't fuck around now?

This though, when I usually go around handing psychology tests for Uni work, and if the tests are anything sexually related guys usually overblow themselves.

Forgot to SAGE because we already had this topic like a few days ago and it's autistic honestly.

Also polygamy a shit.

Attached: make anon less of a faggot.jpg (680x451, 54.75K)

The answer is "no".

A small minority of couples are mature enough to handle an open relationship. Average relationships cannot handle it. It creates jealousy, animosity, passive aggressiveness among other things and ultimately destroys the relationship.

fucking this. even the suspicion of infidelity is enough to turn a decent relationship completely toxic at the level of basic human interaction.

Stfu. Radical feminism will lead us to true freedom.
You pitiful dog
Be quiet

thanks for informing everyone here of your sexual insecurities right off the bat sweetie

Attached: 1483558627960.jpg (320x307, 29.39K)

No, they didn't. They send out a survey asking people how satisfied they are with their relationship. This is like sending out a survey to a cult, asking its members how happy they are, to then claim all the 10/10 results as proof that said cult is the way to happiness.

REPACKAGED SEX KEEPS YOUR INTEREST

RADICAL
COMPULSORY
CUCKOLDRY

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAHHAHH

Chad here. I feel bad for incels. I'm gonna leave this ITT. Sorry dudes.
yourtango.com/2016285828/women-find-80-percent-men-unattractive-says-crazy-study

Sounds like soft eugenic practices. Stop pretending to not be a fascist user.

how can anyone dispute this?

why are liberals so intent on cucking me?

how can you unironically be this fucking retarded? surveys are the only ethical way to learn about this. a representative survey of hundreds of people is undoubtedly more reliable than whatever shitty anecdotes you have you dipshit.

Anyone guy who says he is polyamorous is just a creep that should be locked up

No. Polygamy/polyamory is disgusting and should be illegal.

Attached: roberts-qaddafi-green-book_163713_fflp0z.jpg (683x1024 15.08 KB, 129.75K)