Workplace Horror Stories

What are some of the worst things to happen to you on the job, Zig Forums? I'll start.
pic unrelated, also why no De Leonist flag?

Attached: Haggle.jpg (220x278, 29.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ocxess.epub
youtube.com/watch?v=kehnIQ41y2o
youtu.be/eb3vLyWq1G4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

…and DID you go home to do drugs?

Some whiskey with dinner, nothing crazy. Just a shot.

Did you call them?
You only have yourself to blame, absolute garbage taste.

No shit I called them, I had to. If I didn't, they'd find out about it and likely arrest me as a suspect thinking I was in on the take.
Lick harder, gondola user. Those boots don't shine themselves.

And in one sentence you managed to destroy yourself. Good job but for the sake of having some laughs I'll bite.
Do registers keep track of the money in them or something? Even then you could have tried covering it up instead of letting yourself get stepped on by your boomer manager and the cops which by the way.
If you had been smart you would have let the robber go and found a way to have those 50 bucks he took not get counted. If you weren't getting paid enough to not risk your life for 20 dollars you sure as hell weren't being paid enough to call the cops. But you did, now go get me a slushee before I call your manager again.

Yes, you fucking retard. They know how much money they should be getting. There is no "finding a way" to put the money back in the register unless I pay for it myself. Also, there is no way of doing buisiness without money in the register. So yeah, how about I just risk being arrested instead of calling the cops when I'm supposed to?

There are ways to get around this I'm just not going to take the time to think of one, I gotta go outside anywho. Whatever let the thread stay on point when more users get on so they can share justifiable work fuck ups.
You cuck. :^)

Neck yourself, fashie.

Spotted the Chapocuck

Neck yourself, stop derailing your own thread for when other people finally post work stories.
Any minute now…
Probably when I get back.

Why the fuck wouldn't someone that gets robbed call the police? He had no way of knowing the cop would be such an asshat.
>No user, I'm not a brainlet, I just don't care enough to tell you what I'm on about.
You fucking imbecile. You didn't even know how a cash register works. How the fuck are you going to find a way "to get around this"? user is right, the world would be a better place if you necked yourself.

I clearly asked if the cash register kept count, some do some still don't depending on multiple things.
People have done harder things, there's very clearly multiple ways you can do it I'm just not going to use my time making them up, I gotta finish spamming /a/ and then play a quick game before going out into the rain ironically to go to a pool.

Un-fokkin-believable.

Fashies like you have a neck for historical revisionism. You know what you should do with that neck?

No one cares.

Yes and?
Idiots like you tend to misconstrue statements. I was asking if the registers in his store kept track of the money, then I clarified my original statement there's nothing revisionist about that.
I'm not a fascist, I'm not even a ☭TANKIE☭. Nor am I a historical revisionist but thanks for assuming all that so you can show everyone you resorted to baseless insults in an argument.
You know what you should do with yours? Use it, it's called a spinal cord you can use to send signals from your brain down to the rest of your body so you don't act like a complete fucking idiot.
Good job contradicting yourself in your own post for the 15th time moron.
Anywho I have less than an hour before the pool opens so I pretty much gotta get off Zig Forums now. Hopefully you don't act like an even bigger idiot while I'm gone.

sorry about what happened to you OP
also that your thread got turned to shit by someone who seems to have never worked under someone else.

#ANormalDayInAmerica

You are retarded, and most likely an americuck. You don't deserve to post under Spurdo flag.

Unironically kill yourself

There's this supervisor at my work, basically we fulfill Amazon orders and he's in charge of the logistics and stuff. I'm willing to bet he was picked on at school, he's fat and dorky- but he stumbled ass first into this position of authority. We got a new girl at work who's like 4'10", tiny and while she was packaging Amazon orders (incredibly dull, repetitive work) she had a video playing on her phone. He walked over to her, doesn't even know her name, leaned over her in a harassing way and said "Shut that off. Next time it's a write up." and stormed away. Such a dehumanizing environment, Capitalism showing it's true authoritarian colors.

If her watching the video was disrupting her work (it wasn't), he could have treated her like a human and said "Hey, could you turn that off please? I'm sorry but we're not allowed to do that here". Instead he used his position of authority to intimidate and almost threaten this little girl.

another time this same dude was in charge of our area for the day- He literally observed us work from the upstairs office window for about 15 minutes. Just eyeing us to make sure we don't stop working.

I want to beat him with a bat until he cries.

Why don't a bunch of you gentlemen gang up on him one night and beat the shit out of him.

kys you retard

fuck lower managers with a bit of authority and that attitude are the worst, thankfully you can usually discretely pull a lot of shit on them
in last resort, sawing his steering cable

You're retarded.

Not to mention this is mentioned in the first place because the awful culture of US police force which shapes even the morally sound individuals into power-tripping self-acclaimed arbiters of truth and justice without any accountability.

You might be interested in this work. Graeber takes a look at soul crushing working conditions in jobs that are entirely unnecessary, together with his theory on what types there are and how they came about: my.mixtape.moe/ocxess.epub
Since the labor theory of value lost it's dominance, our view on the value of work has become twisted and now work is viewed as creating discipline in the workers. You need to be working harder than you want to be at something you do not like or you are a bad person.
Here is a snippet from his work: youtube.com/watch?v=kehnIQ41y2o

We aren't even going to her about the most demeaning shit until we hear from women and women of color in shitty jobs but OP was traumatizing

Find your nearest highway overpass and jump off

I don't think they post on Zig Forums because of the high shitlord concentration but I'd be interested to hear about some really shit bottom of the barrel cleaning/caring/maintenance work done by poor black women and similarly fucked groups. Any book recommendations on this?

(me)

fuck it user these people aren't the focus of sociological studies and sure as hell aren't writing memoirs. I'll give one anecdote

I think it comes down to people passing on/unleashing their vileness and negativity onto people 'below them'. I've also worked cleaning and never had outright demeaning or harassing behavior although I'm sure my coworkers (women, white and latina) have.

Lololol

Thanks, I'll look into it. One of the few perks at my job is that I can read theory and watch videos in between customers.

I just wonder where all that negative energy goes once it reaches the bottom. Do these people just kill themselves all the time? I can't even imagine all the hatred they have to contain, yet I haven't really heard of an epidemic of cleaning personnel mass shooters, although I'd support that movement.

Enjoy, it's an easy read and has a perspective you rarely get from elsewhere in the left. We have a tendency to buy into capitalist ideology a little and talk about horror scenarios where all workers get replaced by machines, but talking about this contradiction assumes that capitalism succeeds at being efficient by it's own standards. What Graeber makes you realize is that the job collapse we are expecting in the future has long happened and the free space has been filled up with completely nonsensical tasks akin to self flagellation.
If you are into Anime, check out Kino's Journey. It has an episode where the author saw just this coming, telling the story of a highly advanced society where people still work at completely meaningless tasks and get money for how much stress they experience, because of their belief that back breaking work is needed to build character. I'm continuously impressed how woke the author can be, preceding Graeber by many years.

Deleonism?

youtu.be/eb3vLyWq1G4

heretics please go

Attached: jej.jpg (750x722, 53.46K)

The temps were probably making less than $12/hour after the temp agency took their cut, organized crime essentially.