According to Zizek, how is it possible to escape ideology? How should one live their life?

According to Zizek, how is it possible to escape ideology? How should one live their life?

Forgive me, I'm new to Zizek

Attached: The_Pervert's_Guide_to_Ideology_poster.jpg (259x383, 33.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGC3uJadXh0
youtube.com/watch?v=tABnznhzdIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can't. The only thing you can do really is try recognizing it when you see it and avoid it if you can.

everything you do is ideology just don't do shitty ideology

Zizek is stupid

it's simple

Attached: 5ea10ed81a11db25de24f92ceeafa43c2e153ca6d4e3dcf5eec2e438a70fbe93.png (1600x900, 318.66K)

This is a good question, but a little bit poorly formed. I am no way a Zizek expert just a casual reader, Let me try to challenge myself.

First you have to know the terminology Zizek used was different from classical Marxism ideology, which was just a pure dream, and ahistorical. For Zizek, who has a psychoanalysis background, figures out that ideology is external, rather than internal. The closest term in classical Marxism is actually commodity fetishism, and today's liberal cynical-ism.

Secondly, it is a good step for many people to realize they are actually living in a neo-lib ideology. According to Zizek, Neo-lib ideology is a special type of ideology, precisely presents itself as non-ideological. This apolitical cynical attitude is the ruling ideology today.

Thirdly, However, it does not mean Zizek is assigned to any type of bundling a new ideology project, in a more psychoanalytic terms, Zizek is against the a) paranoia conspiracy mindset ("There is no Other of Other"), b) the cult-ish "new ideology" (replacing Big Other with Small Other).
The usually misreading of Zizek as someone who promotes escape ideology comes from a misreading of Lacan's "traversing the fantasy", which was a mistake in my view.

Lastly, Zizek's solution was very old fashioned, collective actions, solidarity, community, against pseudo freedom and fake bourgeoisie democracy, etc.

i would imagine even nihilism and rapt absurdity counts as ideology under his book. this is a misuse of language

Nope. His target is mostly neo-lib cynicalism, since it is the ruling ideology. He is never in the business of distinguishing which ideology is better, or the best, this type of misunderstanding of ideology as some type of commodity that one could shop around and do a rational comparison, is still the logic of neo-lib.

No. Because his point is that the very notion of this nihilism that is ‘above it all, above all the dogmas and ideologies’ is itself the actual dominant promoted ideology.

i will have you know i am a disembodied mind floating around in hyperspace observing all things with the impartiality of a buddhist samurai and i will not be besmirched by mortal ideologues trying to bring me down to their level
i am so deeply rooted in my view from nowhere not even females can lower me

Zizek shills Christianity, fuck him

Zizek takes a Hegelian position in that Christianity was a necessary step towards atheism, as it is the most secular religion in history. It is only through Christianity that atheism was possible to achieve, culturally speaking. Besides this, I've not seen him shill Christianity very much.

You can't escape ideology, the point is to recognize it when you see it and think critically of it when you can. Basically you can't escape ideology but you can try to give yourself an understanding of it and form as good an ideology as you can for yourself.

This.

As and atheist and classic intellectual humbled by the awareness of humanities utter insignificance in this universe I don't lightly consider myself a superhero, but living amongst religious sheep and other assorted mental adolescents I can't help feeling euphoric for evolution blessing me with an intellect that make me rise above the common rabble like only a superhero could.

I have taken to wearing a cape since I am sick and tired of being oppressed by the tyranny of intellectual mediocrity. This is the time to be seen. The time to be heard. We know that God is dead. This is the time to bury him. Rise up, my godless brother's and sister's, and let us shake the church to it's very core.

prove ideology is psychologically, metaphysically indispensable
you can't
get fucked nerd

It's entierely subjective and impossible to prove anything about, it is by definition the lens that shape our perception of reality. It is unavoidable by definition.

i am stumped as to how to even begin reply to your post i have to unpack so much just to get to where we are operating from the same context

Do animals have ideology?

Coming out of the Althusserian tradition he thinks we can't.

Were should I start whith Zizek and why as an ML should I read him?
I've read Althusser, so I decided think I've done my intoduction to him

Read Red Kahina. Denounce Zizekism.

Zizek is such a bourgeois plant. No wonder the press uses him as the "communist" go to guy.

Red Kahina is a retard

if you try to erase gender and race with some "the only war is the class war" bullshit, then YOU are the post modernist larping that the material experience of oppressed aren't real. What bigger hypocritical ideology is there than those who purposely turn a blind eye to science to see that sexism and racism continue under ML prole dictatorships just as it does under liberalism?

Red Kahina's criticism of Zizek is spot on, shame she turned into an ultra.

Who are you talking to?

Attached: e3af686385afc6f6ba7b6ba20cfdb78752798a2ae5d243d59237ab2cd4a22d64.jpg (499x468, 203.14K)

A sage is not a downvote. It was just a pointless post.

Exactly..?

Attached: 5375-63116-original.jpeg (1600x900, 88.17K)

Sage never has positive connotation, you're either downvoting or you're making a post and admitting it's worthless and irrelevant. Downvoting is actually a better context because at least then you're showing how angry you are.

What? I used to discuss a lot with her on Discord is she now not an ML?

Attached: 10680344724_079ba8ef49_b.jpg (779x1024, 312.19K)

The fuck?

Just look for truth. What you will wind up with might be viewed as an ideology by ignorant leftists and fags, but it will be the truth, ever evolving, growing, unstoppable, indefatigable and relentless.

Zizek believes in God. His views on Christianity are not important, as he is mostly ignorant. Atheism was pushed by jewish supremacists in the Soviet Union and it is no dying everywhere you look. Thank God.

If thread real estate is so fucking precious i don't see you helping.

he says you have to be a christian before you can be an athiest you autist. that's the opposite of shilling for christcuckoldry.

Zizek does not believe in god you dumb nazi fuck

He has a book with the reactionary 'Radical Orthodoxy' theologian John Milbank, how is that not shilling for Christianity?

It honestly depends on where you're from
SO for example, if you are from let's say a country that has a majority of Muslims or any other religion, it would apply the same

Someone had to eat shit for us to know that. Eating shit was a historical necessity to establish our current not eating shit.

One whiff is all it takes.

What if shit was like this thing though? Never had one but apparently they smell horrid.
Also, as a bab you definitely at some point put your shit in your mouth.

Attached: durian.jpg (1254x836, 194.16K)

Well I've never intentionally eaten shit and I know it tastes bad and I've never been a Christian and I'm an atheist.

You still have a heritage of shit eating that got you to this place.

There was no great epistemological break in his theory and support of the aforementioned 'christian universalism' in these works, and certainly no inclination of evincing the former to the dereliction of the latter. As always, there is a zizek talk where he addresses precisely this line of accusation by propinquity: youtube.com/watch?v=mGC3uJadXh0

lol this

Only idiots are free from ideology..

Attached: zizek no need to be upshet.jpg (441x280, 38.71K)

How is Christianity more "atheist" than say Buddhism?

Isn't Zizek's Ideology the same shit Gramsci describes as Hegemony?

thru Zizek's anus.

youtube.com/watch?v=tABnznhzdIY