Chomsky, Hersh and... Boris Johnson? Twitter pundits ponder odd 'Assadist' blacklist

An obscure blog post, that accuses journalists and intellectuals of inciting “crimes against humanity” for their views on Syria, has received glowing reviews from verified Twitter pundits, despite its factually dubious claims.

Featured on an unfrequented Medium blog, the “International Assadists References Directory” lists 151 people and organizations who have allegedly “expressed support and/or whitewashed the Assad regime.” The eclectic compilation of “Assadists” features individuals and groups of all political stripes and backgrounds, from the Greek nationalist political party Golden Dawn to Pink Floyd frontman Roger Waters. Notable journalists such as Seymour Hersh, John Pilger, Peter Hitchens, Glenn Greenwald and Patrick Cockburn are also listed as reckless Assad apologists.

Whitaker’s endorsement in particular spurred a flurry of reactions, with many wondering how the former Guardian editor could take seriously a list that accuses Noam Chomsky, Slavoj Zizek, and Jeremy Corbyn of being ‘Assadists.’

Political commentator, activist and former member of parliament George Galloway, who was also listed in the directory, called it a “McCarthyite compilation." Galloway told RT that he’s not “a supporter of Assad” but “an enemy of his enemies,” which include “the head cutting, heart-eating, alphabet soup of Islamist extremism” and “the hegemonic imperialist powers.”

rt.com/news/436983-assadist-list-syria-directory

medium.com/@kesterratcliff/international-assadists-references-directory-8038067fe394

Attached: 5b843ccefc7e934b368b45d5.jpg (900x506, 65.02K)

There isn't a secret sect of Baathists infiltrating the worlds governments to defeat US imperialism but I wish there was

Attached: defenders-of-assad.png (500x528 220.14 KB, 213.99K)

god i fucking hate these idiots

Roo's jealous he wasn't included

Attached: jasonunruhe.png (640x196, 13.25K)

The same way I wish that Zig Forumsyps screeching about secret communist sects are taking over the world was true.

t. Medium

This is like the "hello fellow kids" of geo politics articles

War is good for creating capitalist war veterans to put in Congress later, and allowing the Senate to pass backhanded laws with any reproach being labeled unpatriotic. I wonder if there are bigger enemies to American liberty than Assad in America???

Where do they get the money to make this shit?

There's absolutely nothing to worry about that the press, politicians and bourgeoisie all want conflict with Syria so long as a couple moderates and liberals point out some moral obligations.

the blue checkmark is pretty much the star of David at this point

At least we sided with Twitter/Google/Youtube to PWN Drumpf, fellow leftists.

We did?

The government prints more for them and tells you it's more valuable than it actually is.

This is just another fucking smear tactic against antiimperialism. If you don't support American foreign policy, then you're "Russia"/"Syria"/"Iran"/whatever country of the week America wants to bomb and exploit next. Do these people even have brains or souls? Don't they realize they are defending wars that kill countless people including children? And then they paint their defenses in shitty "patriotic" conspiracy theories or with idpol.

you got me this time nazi trash

Attached: deadass.jpg (800x699, 64.01K)

You don't, though. Their mental image of "communism" is an incomprehensible nightmare.

Hmmmmmm

Who the fuck said anything about me, faggot?
I was talking specifically about YOU…
YOU, as in the closet homo
who wants to rub his scrotum
on other dudes' faces………
YOU, as in the numbnuts who
thinks his half-assed observations
on the Internet are true by any
stretch of the imagination………
is it sinking in yet, Johnson Nibbler?

It's a really lulzy idea.

Praise fearless leader Assad!

No.
They don't care.

but there is you fucking infidel
insallah, borthers

fuck off, I really hate this radical centrist shit but you're literally the same as these stuck up US west coast liberals. People aren't being payed to say dumb shit on the internet, they are just fucking stupid. People who defend Putin in twitter threads, or people who shout "anti-semitism" at the slightest critisism of Israel aren't "paid shills" they're just stupid, uniformed or simply have different opinions. It's extremely reductionist to call out every differing voice as a "troll", even if they're incredibly dumb. Just accept the fact that internet is filled with dumbasses.

putin is a faggot, a porky and most importantly
a faggot
I'm not gonna defend a bald faggot on the internet, thank you.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (464x259, 213.57K)