How come Russia is considered an oligarchy but China, with its 819 billionaires and extreme inequality, is not?

How come Russia is considered an oligarchy but China, with its 819 billionaires and extreme inequality, is not?

Attached: Jack-Ma-Forbes.jpg (324x434, 27.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/ralphjennings/2015/10/27/why-asians-sleep-in-public-two-answers-from-taiwan
onetravelsfar.com/2014/08/weird-things-in-china-sleeping-public/
nytimes.com/2016/12/16/world/what-in-the-world/japan-inemuri-public-sleeping.html
izismile.com/2012/06/13/chinese_people_will_sleep_anywhere_54_pics.html
huffingtonpost.com/nicole-webb/why-sleeping-in-ikea-is-p_1_b_9677464.html
slate.com/blogs/the_drift/2015/11/18/public_napping_in_china_eric_leleu_s_day_dreamer_series_about_people_sleeping.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PEOPLE'S Republic of China
Simple as

because they still have a picture of mao in that one square and color themselves red

Because China is ruled by an explicitly communist vanguard party which represents the working class.

Communism is an oligarchy, as the power is held by the vanguard, which is the few.

However, Russia is a Financial Capitalist Oligarchy, China is a Populist Democratic Dictatorship.

Only the capitalist interests are pursued by Russia, Labour interests are pursued by China (sometimes) in conflict with the Capitalist interest.

Russian income inequality and ceo power is just about as bad as America

China’s isn’t as bad

WE the PEOPLE

STOP

Attached: lenin 2.jpg (600x582, 89.16K)

Attached: chinese workers.jpg (1536x768, 177.77K)

It is.

Attached: stfulibs.png (1069x1602, 2.09M)

Not to defend the working conditions or whatever, but I've traveled to S. Korea and China and I've noticed many people there nap in public and in their workplaces. They have no shame or fear at all, man or woman, just falling asleep right in front of you. I've seen colleagues, teachers, students, office workers, manual laborers sleep in public transportation, classrooms and in their offices. In America (and probably Canada, Britain, Australia, et al.) you just don't do that, it's shameful, people think you're lazy, homeless or there's something wrong with you and someone needs to "call 9-1-1", only toddlers and babies are allowed to have nap time in Western Civilization™, your boss will yell at you for napping during lunch break and warn you that he has another applicant waiting to take your job.

So don't use pictures of sleeping Asians to prove a point, it's a bit misleading.

In fact, here are some articles you get from google on the first page just by searching "asian people public sleeping" to further back my point.

forbes.com/sites/ralphjennings/2015/10/27/why-asians-sleep-in-public-two-answers-from-taiwan
onetravelsfar.com/2014/08/weird-things-in-china-sleeping-public/
nytimes.com/2016/12/16/world/what-in-the-world/japan-inemuri-public-sleeping.html
izismile.com/2012/06/13/chinese_people_will_sleep_anywhere_54_pics.html
huffingtonpost.com/nicole-webb/why-sleeping-in-ikea-is-p_1_b_9677464.html
slate.com/blogs/the_drift/2015/11/18/public_napping_in_china_eric_leleu_s_day_dreamer_series_about_people_sleeping.html

Attached: image.jpg (600x400, 86.06K)

I don't understand the sleeping on a train thing because I'd be afraid of missing my stop. When I was in Tokyo I also saw a guy who was standing on the morning train just nodding off, so I do think there is an overwork component to some of it, but I think you're right that it is also largely cultural. It probably has a bit of a counterproductive effect as well, in that people think "I'll replace sleep at home with a nap on the train" and deprive themselves of normal sleep. So you get the salaryman nodding off while standing because of lack of sleep. Though it could also be that he was unlucky and ended up at the back of the line, so he didn't get a seat. Maybe he intended to close his eyes for a bit on the train, but unfortunately was left standing.

tbh Japan and South Korea are pretty bad capitalist hellholes too

It calls itself a People's Republic and has a Communist Party in charge. Simple as that.

Attached: 1532296863036.gif (390x285, 1.74M)

Attached: bro.png (660x346, 383.08K)

Income inequality in China is worse than in the US you idiot.

Holy fuck, how many grains of rice does the chinese government pay (you) per post?

Isn't one of Xi's big policies to cap CEO salaries precisely because of this reason? At least there seems to be a plan.

It's all about dividends and bonuses

Russia is explicitly anti-communist, and at the fall, a definitive point in time, the oligargs were created.
China is more of a frog in boiling water deal.

If he actually gave a fuck about working people, he'd mandate CEOs can't have more assets or money than their employees period.

"Oligarchy" is an unscientific and politically loaded term that was supposed to imply that there is any difference between western capitalism, "the good kind" and Eastern/Asian capitalism, the "bad kind", similar how liberals and lolberts differentiate between "capitalism" and "crony capitalism", etc. In both cases a billionaire class excerts power over politics, colludes with one another and puts their money into tax havens and run mailbox companies. There is literally no difference between a Russian and an American billionaire except that the latter would use - most of the times - semi-legal channels to enforce his interests, but even that seems to be less and less the case when you think about all the skeletons the deep state and the CIA have in their closet. In China and Russia on the other hand politics is more conspiratorial, but also more dangerous for the billionaire class because they might be in danger of loosing not only their business but even their lives if they loose the favor with the political strata, that relies on economic improvement to keep the population pacified. There is no way in the US or in Europe that a megacorp oligarch would EVER loose his assets. It's more likely that one might get killed by space debris falling from the sky than that one like Bezos will be expropriated.

How is Russia more anti-communist than Western nations though? At least in Russia you can talk about communism without the muh gorillions being brought up and communist ideas are publicly discussed.

It isn't, but I'd say Yeltsin abolishing the soviets and the CPSU was pretty much the spirit of all anti-communism being achieved.

because Marcyists who can't read insist that it is

The National Bougie class in China is firmly under the boot of the DoP and the nature of these Bougie elements is siphoned of to something productive by organisations like the China Democratic League (The explicit org for the Chinese Nat-Bougie)