Communist Anime Videos

What do you guys think of the Alt-Right further co-opting the identity of artistic mediums like anime? As the media is used an alt right context, this is an entry point for the fans of said media to join the alt right. Left wingers need to be found in media-discussion spheres. A lot of people's first exposure to communism is through Zizek's analysis of They Live. If you communicate to the people through what they already love, that what they love has something to say about communism we can get that audience.

youtu.be/Ii_iS287h4k
youtu.be/iABuriFcKTM

Attached: kirino_juche_by_comradepepe_dadmaau-pre.jpg (894x894, 68.08K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1iFo69da6Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=en4bcnxpNO0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IDmF1O4cNM
8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/1671.html
8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/2839.html
8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/2064.html
youtube.com/channel/UCA_-IGGs6nQ1tX9b_uERVmw/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=EpjvmgNU_Xo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Months_(1980_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Lolo_the_Penguin
youtube.com/watch?v=wlzl0gUdb3I
youtube.com/watch?v=GHGAgE19NFE
8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/2054.html#2566
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube recommendations while i'm watching practically anything has ruined youtube for me.

I have seen a few anime, some were good, but the trend of the marketing strategies in tropes like Moe and specificities regarding western consumption make it seem like a very advanced commodity rather than an artistic funnel. The animation typically lacks detail since the animators have to create a new season every year, and I've heard that there is a schedule of 50 new anime series every year in the summer, I'm not sure how true that is, but it seems more mechanical than personal, to me.

What is interesting is how the tone of the 90s show Cowboy Bebop was an absolute criticism of neoliberal society and now anime has become it's own form of consumer culture. On your point about weaponising popular media for propaganda, I think it is an effective idea.

:^)

Attached: 1*58uZVuKlz4bhBJF1BL9qdA.jpeg (2000x1499, 259.57K)

youtu.be/1iFo69da6Rc

A lot of the classics have political undertones which are pretty anti-capitalist if not outright pro-communist. The FOTM garbage your average anime right cuck watches is completely hollow.

Code Geass basically deals with all the issues involving national liberation and any progressive movement: reactionary vs revolutionary nationalism, collaboration vs impossibilism, reform vs revolution, etc. Considering it comes-down on the side of Progressive Revolutionary Nationalism, I think its creators were decently leftist.
Also apparently there is going to be a sequel series, I bet you it is about LeLouch leading an uprising of the working class since the second series ended with world peace and a OWG that is democratic capitalist. Considering the ending monologue is "things aren't perfect, but there's peace so we can sort other shit out" I think that's where it is going to go.

What Studio Ghibli film is the closest to portraying Miyazaki's views? i've seen Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away so far.

The Wind Also Rises

Dumb nepotist wehraboo

This got uploaded today.
youtube.com/watch?v=en4bcnxpNO0

maybe if anime wasn't absolute shit we would care a bit more about some alt right nigger claiming it

Someone needs to make a webmanga or web anime (with extremely limited animation for indie budget purposes) that tells the story of the Russian revolution in a Gainax style.

I hope everyone here has seen this classic.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IDmF1O4cNM

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Grave of the Fireflies. Miyazaki is very anti-war.

I very much value cartoons like dragonball, steven universe, my little pony, or K-on. and I think we should be pushing the more left-minded cartoons, or pushing left interpretations of them

Attached: 1546016201713.png (1280x883, 1.34M)

Is there even anime that can be analyzed with a political lens? I think you are better pointing out the flaws and degeneration of the industry as anime become more and more cliche and commodified.

Either get a haircut or do a podcast.

yikes

If this was drawn when it pretended to be, the lighting on her hair would be significantly thicker. Cringe and bluepilled.

K-ON is okay though.
Tsumugi is Brezhnev gang.

Is patlabour actually leftist or is it more of a Noam Chomsky vibe. Little witch academics had that one scene. A lot of anime that I watch tend to have that anti-war message but some just have that useless nonviolent liberalism just seeping through it. At least I can enjoy the leftist themes unlike in typical western media where it is portrayed as litteraly the Devil and we must stop the plot right now and go on a 40 minute anticommunist tirade about it.

The animation, co-produced by central government’s Marxism office, will be shown by video streaming website Bilibili

Oshii is soft liberal. I've watched more than a few of his works and he's never made any anti-capitalist stances.

>>>/leftyweebpol/

This thread exists on /leftyweebpol/, is this a response to the whole Anti-anime left video thing?

>8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/1671.html
>8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/2839.html
>8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/2064.html

So worst than Chomsky. I don't watch patlabour but if seen it around here. Thanks for the input.

Isn't it suppose to be just a love story? Either way, I like it so far.

this cal-art liberal F.R.I.E.N.D.S tier shite is garbage that represents capitalist consumerism, id-pol and other idiocy perfectly.

Attached: calarts style.jpg (600x600 621.42 KB, 53.9K)

lol wat

in the picture or in the thread?
yes, who seem to be unironically liked by non-sjw tumblerinas. the Cal-arts style was garbage in and of itself but when it got jacked by idpol it became a fucking nightmare.

in the picture, it veers off into sjw/idpol for seemingly no reason
I have no idea what you're talking about. It's just a garbage art-style dictated by cost-cutting and marketing research. Capitalist "efficiency" at its finest. But, idpol? I have no idea.

Still a good show if you can ignore the fact that they're cops in a show made by a cop fetishist

Well not quite, The thread I took those screenshots from was quite long, the 2nd part is from far later into the thread.
Cal-arts on its own? Yeah… or at least today it is (originally cal-arts was what they called using the same models in different disney animations; like Baloo and little John in Jungle Book/Robin Hood).

The point is, modern lazy cal-arts; already the embodiment of capitalist consumerism has been the preferred style of SJW tumblerites who basically took the most basic anime design and made their joints noodly and their over-all design rounded and then slapped on a big squat nub-nose. Steven Universe and MLP are used to promote liberal identity politics. ESPECIALLY Steven Universe, as their show is a toxic mess of "1001 genders' and all this other rubbish. MLP is more a generic weak-watered liberal identity politics about acceptance and shit, at least the new one. the original 80s MLP was trippy fantasy shit that didn't apply to any politics TBH.

I was pretty disappointed with MLP, i thought the fact that it made a bunch of 30 year old guys so hype would at least make it worth watching, it's very uninteresting.

A superior channel with a leftist anime discussion (turn on autotranslate CC)
>youtube.com/channel/UCA_-IGGs6nQ1tX9b_uERVmw/videos

Attached: gangut and hibiki.jpg (2512x1392, 401.56K)

Even if one was ignorant of its liberal politics the show just lacks anything that would make it cool for anyone who isn't a little kid. it doesn't even have the occasional clever/deep moments that even most garbage anime have.

On that note, I remember shows like Godzilla the series (1999), SWAT cats, Thunder-cats He-man and Transformers being aired with Extreme Ghost busters and MIB also being great. Later in the 2000s shows like Transformers Prime, Ben 10 and Star Wars the Clone Wars appeared and that stuff was fucking amazing; blood, explosions, death, deep plots, conspiracy fighting, etc. I cannot name a single modern western cartoon from this or the past year I would bother even turning on. And the animations and designs… great. Detailed and smooth as heck.

Ben 10 was great, a toy seller but nonetheless it counted with Dwayne Mcduffie(fun fact, when this guy died i was 10 years old and for some reason afraid his ghost would haunt me)

… you were diddling yourself to Gwen, weren't you?

Attached: ghostfreak gwen talking.png (422x316, 90.04K)

damm right

Attached: IMG_20190130_221311.jpg (598x619, 117.5K)

>>>/gw3n/ is the board for you then lol.

I liked Gwen too

Attached: why anon likes this gwen pic.jpg (1000x788, 191.53K)

Everything animated from the 2000s was trash except the movies of course.

Attached: there's the door get out.jpg (500x333, 42.57K)

There are quite a few anime shows that reference or even directly handle political issues like Code Geass, Princess Principal, the Gundam and Macross series, Shinsekai Yori, Un-Go, Concrete Revolutio, etc. so yes. I'm wary of politically analyzing apolitical anime like K-On though, I don't think it's very constructive.

I think these leftist weebs should make an effort at finding these political shows and analyzing them instead of shoehorning politics into everything or they're just following the "whiny leftist" stereotype.

I only watched Z and even then I only watched until Cell got BTFO and then it got boring for me
I effort posted about how awful that show is
And it's not fucking "Left" as I pointed out

Anime is at the end of the day from a very very reactionary culture and is quite fascistic in itself so it's easy to see how Natzi's would like it

Anime is just a medium. Can you say that books are leftist or reactionary? Can you explain how is it fascistic?

honestly the original Dragon Ball is miles better than Z, though Z was still fun until the Cell saga.
However the Dragon Ball Z abridged version is the best version so i watch that when I want to rewatch Z and watch the original DB in clean format. There is an interesting thread on the original DB in leftyweebpol, though its rather short.

Be prepared for the obvious copy pasta they're going to throw at you. (That or some bullshit about 'society').

Attached: saiyan destruction.jpg (1920x1080, 1.82M)

K-on is fascist though, it's an escapist fantasy about muh pure maidens ignoring reality.
I still enjoy it tho.

Just end me.

I’m losing faith lads.

Man, we were almost bros. The Cell saga is fine, it was the Gohan taking his place "in the circle of life" the payoff of what Z was building up to, since Z until the Buu saga was a Gohan story. After the Cell saga is when everything fell apart. Super is only slightly better than GT. The Broly movie is the best addition to Dragon Ball since the end of the Cell Saga.

I do like the cell saga. That's what I meant when with 'until the cell saga'

oh okay then, you're my nigga.

The first video in the reccommended bar after this video was "I escaped from my country"
youtube.com/watch?v=EpjvmgNU_Xo

Fucking youtube.

true, though frankly GT was so trippy that it's pretty fun to watch (also super saiyan 4 wa a much better idea than super saiyan blue and 'ultra-instinct') The tournament part is interesting but it essentially narrows down 12 infinite universes down to these 90 other assholes who are the only guys worth fighting.
BUT Dragon Ball Super's Broly movie was indeed pretty good, though it got a lot of panties in a bunch for liberals.

On the subject of panty twisting, Shield Hero is slowly being ruined for me by the liberal/alt-right bitching. One side is being retarded with the 'misogyny' buzzword and the other side is blowing it out of proportion, pushing politics into an Isekai fantasy anime that frankly should just be enjoyed as the fantasy fiction novel that it is.

Attached: Annin charging in.png (482x383, 189.3K)

late db/early dbz has some damn good albeit some non-canon waifus and the best art style.

Launch was a great waifu and she was in it from the beginning.
Annin ought to be canon, and frankly they wasted the potential they had in exploring shit like heaven. Something they did do in the filler Grand Kai tournament (but was kind of damped by the whole 'we're actually alien ape men' thing.

Why?

Attached: political anime compass.png (700x549, 352.15K)

Son you're under arrest for being wrong.

Nigga we had 2 separate threads on the chinese marx anime, check the archive. both threads had 100+ posts, that's ignoring the other posts in >>>/leftyweebpol/

Attached: aef043372f8879c93a7bbb62f044d85a6514b0819bb127f77aeb5f354ee12125.png (1296x450, 327.87K)

rofl
I personally like the anime Youjo Senki. I also found it hilarious how the HARD COPE GANG of the right still calls Tanya a Libertarian on the official Fandom wiki. Meanwhile the author of the series is an evul Commie. Truly hilarious.

Loli Magical girl Communists enslaved by their authoritarian Stalinist dictator Kyubey fight said master to create a new world on their own with freer ideals an one sacrificing herself for the cause to make everyone live in freedom and peace… but eventually it all backfires and the girls find themselves becoming what they swore to destroy (Homura)

This is an anime thread too so why not mention it in here? And if I had wanted to talk about this on a mostly dead board I would have done so already.

Damn I remember being in that thread. A lot of Zig Forumscucks were getting picked on in that thread too.

just pointing out how Wewere talking about it for a month in two threads already, which is why it hasn't been mentioned as much. talk about it has burned down a lot.

These girls never once say anything critical of capitalism because their brains are too underdeveloped to even know where their allowance comes from.
Kyuubey is an imperialist, using witch energy to fuel THEIR anti-entropy machine (supposing one exists), this is true. However, we have no evidence to suggest that QB are a communist race, let alone Stalinist.
Godoka gains the ability to fundamentally alter the universe, and what does she do? Remove one part of the supply line. Magical girls still randomly explode when their time is up, they're still little girls with superpowers, and their energy is still used to power the QB. Madoka was the Trot all along.
A natural result of the systems in place after Madoka completely failed to do anything about anything.

I barely know about the series, but weren't at least two of the big villains redeemed because of idpol reasons?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Months_(1980_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Lolo_the_Penguin

unironically watch E;R's videos on Steven Universe, they are a good deconstruction.

also youtube.com/watch?v=wlzl0gUdb3I

Unfortnately they are Zig Forumsyps but they do actually have legit criticisms.

No.

That is why i generally only discuss anime with rl friends and people I know through the /leftyweebpol/ discord. I'm done with /a/ and twitter bullshit forever.

Why don't you guys actually use /leftyweebpol/?

Oh I don't go there either, it's youtube where i see this shit-show often.

/leftyweebpol/ is not even close to being dead. We have posts daily. I wish you newfags understood how slower boards operate.

leftyweebpol is slow but hardly dead. It's pretty active actually with over 200 posts in the past 2 months and several new threads.

Kakegurui is pretty critical of capitalism actually

youtube.com/watch?v=GHGAgE19NFE
One of the few videos that I found that explains the mediocrity of the anime industry. Not a fan of the dudes content but this video hits the nail on the head

Attached: nani police officer-sama.jpg (2048x2048, 262.63K)

good video, the only problem with it i have is the part about pokemon characters. modern pokemon is just as bad the old pokemon but for different reasons.

You probably think that communism is when you are a left-wing sargonite.

Amusing, also not an argument. steven universe is irredeemable garbage with shitty, lazy animation, inconsistent designs, a toxic fanbase of idpolers who make bronies look sane, tuneless 'songs', ridiculous-plots, anti-revolutionary liberalism, gender fluid rubbish etc. the list of everything wrong with Steven Universe could fill a book if one analyzed the whole show, except that you don't even need to examine the whole show because half the episodes are just the same thing rehashed over again 'steven or one of the gems has a first world problem, they whine about it, then something happens so the gems gather up to do some shit, then steven tags along or otherwise gets shoe-horned into the episode's event then the gems fuse and do whatever and the problem is a averted. No lessons are learned, Steven is special for no reason and gets OP powers for no reason and remains the annoying infantile brat that he was at the beginning.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

anime?

Attached: a mistake of some kind.jpg (665x399, 39.46K)

ben 10 gang

Yeah BOI

Attached: Ben 10000s.jpg (1024x738, 170.41K)

I know it's a cliche in the fanbase but i actually stopped watching after Ultimate Alien was over, i was 15 at the time and barely watched tv anymore, i hear all sorts of good stuff about Omniverse tho.

Nah, omni-verse had good ideas, but its execution was sloppy and the art-style poor.

Also I personally prefer the original series over all of them. The 2 follow ups had problems that were, to me, glaringly obvious, but over-all was still rather fun.

The reboot is trash tho, pic related

Attached: rage against reboot ben designs.jpg (977x3243, 377.04K)

The passion this guy has for Omniverse may actually make me watch it.

Can't think of a manga/light novel to go in the top left right now.

Attached: 864px-Diti_political_compass.svg.jpg (864x768, 374.13K)

Also, I should specify that Naruto is neoliberal and not fashy.

uh evangelion, human instrumentality project wants to fuse everyone or some shit

Fuck off.

Attached: 23f9f05fadfd65bccce58271388193389f6ba1790557b2f4b5b3759243b73a7c.png (1226x1550, 125.14K)

ok i watched the anime fully and this was nice, didn't really tell me anything i didn't knew

Kaiji is the closest to class consciousness I've ever seen an anime get. It shows how the bourgeoise really see people and how a total scam the idea of "getting rich is a matter of wit and luck" is. Also how the only way for poor people to ever win is to unite.

Fucking christ, SEELE's Plan is not communism, this is like calling the Borg Communism.
See link related
8ch.net/leftyweebpol/res/2054.html#2566

Attached: Rei TFing 1.jpg (1024x1334, 242.97K)

I was sleepy, i just said whatever came to mind, i'm already aware of all that jizz about Anno being a sad fuck affecting the series and him fucking with everyone's heads.

Well not only that, anyways sleep properly like platypus related.

Attached: sleeping platypus.jpg (1058x845, 75.19K)

always enter a primitive REM sleep like cuttlefish related

Attached: Post-4-mestus-plangon-PGS-950.jpg (950x333, 132.95K)

Fuck off evageeks

2Deep4U brainlet, stay salty

Attached: Asuka melon.jpg (1585x1732, 820.12K)

Why is western art so fucking UGLY

My personal idea is that they don't try to make them look cute, i mean that screenshot of SU is intentionally ugly too. I kind of like western cartoons not trying to be have perfect looking characters, i want to see Japan trying to do something like Spongebob.

?

I get Steven, but that's cal-Arts for you, I already posted about it here

Attached: Gwen Deadpan.png (640x480, 360.7K)

is right. Gwen is cute. Also Wakfu girls are good (wakfu is just one letter change from being waifu). But I agree, I don't know why the majority of western cartoon has to be so super deformed. Imagine if all anime was chibi. The only exception seems to be superhero and SH-like shows, in which characters have some semblance of normal anatomy. I'm also fucking tired of western animation for an older audience being solely cynical comedies that don't have any enthusiasm for the medium itself.

Even the worst quality chibi shit is more appealing than the art of the average Western cartoon. Funny how the only decent-looking western shows are anime inspired

Attached: 0D7FF42B-76C7-4EE2-A4A7-4FB5B44B9D8C.jpeg (1366x768, 142.9K)

I agree, but it would get tiresome before long. That said, Japs have top tier aesthetic taste.

It's less Western Animation and more MODERN Western Animation. If you look at shows from the 70s and 80s and 90s their character designs were top notch. animation was poorer however, because of budget limitations and artists trying to stretch them (which is also why many of these shows only got a few short seasons).

I agree with you 100%, and should have mentioned that. And there's at least a bit more variety from french toons. Perhaps some other euro animation too, but IDK. I feel that the old WB DC art style had potential to be a standard bearer for "realistic" animation. Stuff like Batman TAS, Batman Beyond and Gargoyles always felt like it was just one or two steps away from being aimed at adults.