What does leftypol think of this film? It has overwhelmingly positive reviews, everywhere...

What does leftypol think of this film? It has overwhelmingly positive reviews, everywhere. The satire surrounding the absurdity of this regime is on point. Hilarious.

Attached: death_of_stalin_ver11.jpg (509x755, 137.85K)

Nope. Historical fiction satire, classic in Britain. No connection with how things really were.

Attached: Monty-Python-Funko-073015.jpg (970x545, 188.4K)

funny you put Monty Phyton since as far as i remember it had a more realistic setting according to those times than other films at the time.

Eh not really: how did they get a coconut in the middle ages???

Correct

I am so far unaware of any major fictional work depicting the mass mourning that occurred within the soviet union upon the death of Stalin other than this film

Maybe it washed up on a local beach

So, then depictions of Nazi Germany are also historical fiction and by no means connect to how things really were.

in the movie or movies in general?

Movies in general.

A migratory swallow couldv'e carried it.

Never seen it.
Not that I don't enjoy comedy of course, I liked Hot Fuzz so I don't know why I havn't seen the film.

A swallow, carrying a coconut? It's way too heavy for such a small bird…

It could grip it by the husk!

By the husk? With that beak? Have you seen a swallow?

It's not a question of where he grips it. It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut.

W E L L I T D O E S N ' T M A T T E R

Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second, right?

ok i'm sleepy so i'll skip a few lines and go to sleep now

it coUld be cArrieD bY an AfriCan swalLOw!

*muble muble* dorsal guiding feathers

oh great, another thread about this movie. what's this? the sixth one we've had these past months?

Attached: 2e93a05daf921728e9bd90ca99f93ec14bfc086222ef553e7d28c08d7e9a5639.png (809x1000, 579.73K)

Attached: silence liberal.png (658x530, 483.11K)

Kino art.