Title: The Abolition of Work

Title: The Abolition of Work
Author: Bob Black
Topics: anti-work, critique, post-left, second wave
Source: Retrieved on February 12th, 2009 from www.primitivism.com

Attached: work.jpeg (600x750, 101.02K)

Post-leftists are annoying. And where, pray, might one find things like shelter and food? I'm don't want to live on the streets and eat from garbage cans.

Attached: 9d5532fa13e6233439d6efee9c5c39fadd4e9840c66664e83d6fac248b807272.png (600x779 38.76 KB, 122.79K)

What the fuck am i reading?
Who snitched on who? What's the context here?

Bob Black, leftier-than-thou "anarchist", snitched on fellow anarchists to the feds.
Is there anything more that needs to be known?

What a piece of shit.

I have yet to see someone articulate to me what 'anti-work' actually is

I imagine it to be an extreme anti-alienation stance, but really don't know.

Inexcusable.

"work" is demanded labour. Basically anti-work is an anti-productivist/industrialist stance. "take it easy" = work like 3 hours a day or whatever. Anarchist stuff.

read the 1844 manuscripts you looser

Petty bourgeois lifestylism

What is really the point of abolition of work?
Sit on your ass, collect welfare and wait for capitalism to crash?

Communism is about the ascension of labour. Anyone who does not labour does not eat.

Attached: 1394673275960.jpg (1389x944, 418.9K)

Don't conflate post-leftists and those of us who want to shorten the working day. 8 hour work day is obsolete. We could work 4-6 hours a day and be just as productive.

Productivity is not the goal, it's necessity within a planned, democratic economy. Emphasis on productivity is just a consumerist conspiracy isn't it? Post-scarcity is possible if we're not overproducting, and recycling.

labour is not the same thing as work, work is paid labour, exploited labour.

no its not

I think it comes from a confusion in translation. A lot of times when Marx uses “Aufheben” it is translated to “abolish”. For instance, in the German Ideology Marx says It is not a matter of freeing labour but rather of abolishing it.” But he uses the word Aufheben, which actually has a triple meaning.

So in other words, labor is not necessarily abolished but rather sublated in the Communist mode of production. The activity of work remains but no longer in its alienated form.

Attached: B9DF2146-4552-41BD-A9C8-D823A1413FCE.jpeg (200x252, 19.67K)

work is the exercise of your own exploitation you have to do to survive. We call the rest of our life our "free time". You can still put labour into free activities like video games or volunteering, but they don't carry the same materialistic properties as work does. Maybe I am mistaken. What is the definition of "work" and "labour"?

please learn words and not create your own definitions

Attached: work.PNG (884x524 23.71 KB, 26.72K)

Black and a few people around him back in the day are literally the post-left. wtf r u talking about?

He snitched on a dope dealer afaik. Why should i shed a tear for them? Junk dealers get the bullet, too.

Why though? Many of them are addicts themselves, and they are making money while not contributing to capitalism. They may be lumpen, but that doesn't mean they should be killed. I know a former heroin dealer, and he went to jail, got clean, and now only sells weed and Adderall.

Additionally, opium=/=heroin. This letter makes it seem that he was cultivating primarily for personal use.

You can tell your boy is COINTELPRO when he has a witness protection program alias for a name and all his views sound like reactionary LEO caricatures of leftism.

Not bothering with this unless you upload .PDF here