Danish anti-immigrant social democrat about to win elections

“For me, it is becoming increasingly clear that the price of unregulated globalisation, mass immigration and the free movement of labour is paid for by the lower classes,” she wrote in a recent biography.

Denmark’s current right-wing coalition government last year enacted the most anti-immigration legislation in Danish history and, rather than position her party in stark opposition, Frederikson has embraced much of it.

Under her leadership, the SD have called for a cap on “non-western immigrants”, for asylum seekers to be expelled to a reception centre in North Africa, and for all immigrants to be forced to work 37 hours a week in exchange for benefits.

She has reached out to the populist Danish People’s party (DPP), doing a series of joint interviews with its leader, Kristian Thulesen Dahl, and discussing cooperating with them in government.

But it is the government policies her party has supported which have been most alarming for her allies in the left-of-centre red bloc. These include a law allowing jewellery to be stripped from refugees, a burqa and niqab ban, mandatory handshakes irrespective of religious sentiment at citizenship ceremonies, and a plan to house criminal asylum seekers on an island used for researching contagious animal diseases. In February, she backed what the DPP has branded a “paradigm shift” – a push to make repatriation, rather than integration, the goal of asylum policy.

Frederiksen has dealt harshly with any internal dissent. When her party colleague Mette Gjerskov, a former minister, vociferously opposed the burqa ban, her local party backed a rival candidate (whom she fended off) for her seat, and she was then fired as the party’s international development spokesman.

“I was aware that shifting the position in the party would take a lot, but I knew that I had to win that fight,” Frederiksen wrote in her biography. “Normally, I would seek to compromise, but not on immigration policy.”
theguardian.com/world/2019/may/11/denmark-election-matte-frederiksen-leftwing-immigration

Attached: mette.png (454x453, 170.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-12/europe-s-newest-finance-minister-wants-to-keep-his-country-white
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

funny way to spell fascist but OK

Fucking hell this is literally nazi tier.
Luckily to govern she will need the support of Red, Green, and RedGreen parties that rightfully abhor this kind of crypto-fascism.

Attached: 1.png (1772x366, 229.15K)

are you implying there is some disctinction between socdems and facists when push comes to shove

I'd like to know where those jewels end up…

also, this part:
I mean this is just cruelty for the sake of it.

Attached: 1.png (446x143, 70.22K)

Well I guess we should await ecofascism in a decade or two then.

Literally Ellis Island tier. Also the whole "processing in North Africa" thing is just a cover for the EU to send troops and set-up Australian style internment camps on the other side of the medd.

The EU will be kept together as a group of countries not by their christian or democratic "values" (as the story went not long ago among conservatives and liberals) or by an economic alliance (of competitors) but by fear of what's outside its big motherfucking border wall created to fend off climate immigrants. So far it looks like we're on the road to the dystopian scenario.

OY VEY

There's gonna be a whole lat of naz and not an ounce of bol on the road we're on.

Is this better or worse than a pro immigrant social democract

AM GAY

she looks like she is about to pull the "just fuck my shit up" look

as
shows it's basically the same thing, really, adjusted to the changing times. They are bourgeois politicians that like to throw some soylent green to the poor now and then and they easily adapt to any popular sentiment to keep their game going. It's not about the "principles" or "values" they pretend to hold. It was always about class.

EVERY
SINGLE
TIME

This. It's typical false consciousness and anyone ITT who thinks this is a good thing is retarded.

Hey, at least she's a woman.
And on a related note: bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-12/europe-s-newest-finance-minister-wants-to-keep-his-country-white

btw comrade Stalin was right

Being anti-immigration by itself isn't racist, but wanting a cap for 'non-western immigrants' ( ° ʖ °) definitely is. Stupid fucking succs.

We are so fucked.

Well, this is the logical conclusion of any social democratic labor movement in the long term as immigration is antithetical towards trade unions and destabilizing for labor markets. If the goal is to not act on basis of humanitarian immigration but to protect trade unions this is how it will conclude in any welfare state. Besides in terms of effective utility foreign aid is far more cost effective means of humanitarianism as opposed to opulent refugee quotas.

I sleep

Unironicly pretty based of she wasn't a socdem.

Modern capitalism can't function without an erosion of borders without the erosion of wage slavery. To posit that Globalization or Globalism (our current capitalist era) can be ended through anarchist platitudes about borderlessness is as silly as suggesting capitalism could be voted away through participating in bourgeois democracy in the Imperialist era, when bourgeois democracy did nothing but reinforce the power of current imperialist dogma

I'm not saying we should vote for Right wingers, because fascism's notion of nationalism is predicated entirely on preserving capitalism and accepting it's own eventual demise because it knows it is nothing more than a failsafe. I'm also not saying immigrants should be forcibly returned yo their homelands or locked in private prisons to give a subsidy to the prison industrial complex

However it's becoming obvious that yo defeat capitalist a new Leftist Nationalism will have to be cultivated

Depends on what you mean by “nationaism,” nothing wrong with national pride, but when it turns into ethnic chauvinism and dehumanizing those of other nations, it becomes a problem.

this

I absolutely agree and that's why I say socdems are incapable of carrying this out in a non opportunistic fashion. However, a postcapitalist landscape and those fighting for it shouldn't be afraid to formulate radical versions of ideas like repatriation. Many immigrants and refugees would rather live in the place they grew up in, the only reason they don't return is because the Global Bourgeoisie make it extremely undesirable for them to

This fulfill 3 functions:
1. Plundering their homeland for capital
2. Securing a cheap source of highly exploitative and disorganized labor
3. Having an easy scapegoat to stoke false consciousness within the national working class and rous support for fascist opportunists

You can be anti-immigration and there are proper Marxist arguments for that, but these are just examples of racist cruelty, further normalizing this shit.

That's why I referred to her as an opppruntist. If we want to create a true Left Nationalism we have to not only articulate a vision of what this would look like on the 21st century opposed to reactionary Nationalism but make an effort to open the space for the discussion within leftist orgs who til now have pursued a near universal repression of nationalist sentiment

criminal asylum seekers should be deported in the first place

Nah, we socdems like to put them on islands where we store the rest of the diseased animals. If we wouldn't allow them in, how are we going to take their jewelry?

pic related: our old flag is coming back in fashion

What are the danish parties attitudes torwards foreign intervention? This just screams hypocrisy. I also don’t understand her rationale, her party didn’t lose any seats in the previous election and even then her pollings only shows minor improvements.

Hopefully the Alliance and SF get enough seats to pressure. But IIRC she wants to form a single party government…

Well there has to be a strike system

Nah, they should be breed and their children used as slave labor.

immigration wouldn't be antithetical towards trade unions if socdems just allowed them to become equal citizens and join the trade unions. But socdems would never do this because then the agribusiness that exploits undocumented workers would lose profits and at the same time unions would become larger. There is a reason Stalin called you social fascists and you're just proving it even more

No it isn’t. Immigration need not be a weapon torwards the trade union movement if they (can) and should turn the tables against Capital by letting migrants join or form a union. Why pour cold water into a boiling kettle to cool it when you can just turn off the heat?

For the most part problem is that either the foreign labor exists only on seasonal basis or as temporary labor. When it comes to those who immigrate on permanent basis they tend to take so long to integrate that it usually tends to take longer periods of time before they fully integrate to wider society thus they are not so keen on joining trade unions on day one.

Chapotard detected.

Why can't Radlibs just kill themselves?
"Open Borders" is a really fucking stupid "policy".
She's smart for rejecting the Idpol pro mass immigrant nonsense.

Are you some autist that thinks everyone that disagrees with you is a "fascist"?
This board is becoming another shitty Idpol Left torture chamber shithole with schizos.

Those sound like impediments to overcome rather than excuses to not try. Surely one can tie union membership (or dues) to when and where a migrant or refugee is working and when they do go back, the membership can relinquished?

And even if these factors really means that these jobs can’t be unionized to begin with, then that contradict with what you said earlier than immigration threatens trade unions since migrants aren’t competing with them anyway.

Nobody goes to unions primarily to socialize anyway. If anything joining the unions from the get go will smooth over and accelerate their integration since that it is a point of interaction.

And trade unions can insist to recruit migrants from get go like when the migrants apply for a work permit, they can get a leaflet and/or application form for union membership. Hell I will go a step further to pander to your authoritarian tendencies, why not have the state make it mandatory for migrants to join the revelant union for the work permit they are getting?

My point is that you are limited by the assumption that labour should be bounded by nationality when every attempt to do otherwise failed or are failing. It is almost as if we named a song after such internationalist outlook…

fuck off monkey ape niggers

stay in your national zoos in your countries Capital not mine bye bye so long

Kill yourself bitch boy

Attached: f67901d23011267e205a4a6dbdbec339.jpg (736x541, 136.69K)

they need to be sent back