No camo thread

What's your favorite camo and why?

Attached: camo.jpg (732x446, 237.46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stugiii.com/germanvehiclecamouflage.html
m.alibaba.com/p-detail/EN11611-EN11612-EN1149-Mexico-Aramid-Camouflage-721944699.html
m.alibaba.com/product/721944699/EN11611-EN11612-EN1149-Mexico-Aramid-Camouflage.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like flectarn and multicam.

I prefer Finnish M05, and Australian DCPU.

Attached: camouflages_of_the_world.jpg (1200x675, 156.14K)

Got a larger version of that image, lad?

ay hold up
We always talk about personal camo on here, but what about camo for other things? Tanks, other military ground vehicles, aircraft, etc.? I can't personally find any sort of catalog of tank camo or whatever and I would be really interested in one if it does exists.

Attached: when you need to hide in a field of cheetahs.jpg (1280x720 196.51 KB, 172K)

That second one is Dangerously Cheesy.
Meant for intimidation, not concealment.

This is the best I could find. It seems to be only a map of camo used by various nations. Not recommended camo based on region.

I would like to have a recommended camo type based on region.

Attached: PfLuTUR.jpg (5250x2954, 1.12M)

What would be a good camo pattern that is affordable for use in the Southern Georgia/Northern Florida area? The region is a mix of pine forests and cypress swamps depending on how close you are to water. Is surplus US Army stuff good enough?

かわいいガンタンク

Attached: f09c78f3172c34e09686e2a4bc50b4895b99b66667b4de1270b169eb74f61897.png (1155x800, 569.57K)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: Erbsenmuster42.png (1949x1462 2.53 MB, 576.96K)

The army here was issued a number of camo uniforms, but the best one was the digital urban camo we got 7 years ago.

pic related

why not just use normal protective colors without camo patterns?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (900x600, 153.09K)

Wetsuit in a bog and pine forest? Are you daft?

You have to admit, they'd never see it coming. If you play your cards right, you could probably trick them into thinking they're experiencing a hallucination from lack of sleep or overheating.

it was a joke about irma

I think Rhodie camo would do well in east Texas, it does okay in west Texas. Here are my most recent pics from opening Dove season. >>514866

(checked)
Thanks.

hey fam, whereat in east texas? I'm innawoods outside tyler. I've been told Varan works well for the pinebeds. Maybe M85 woodland too.

Illinois is a desert now?

where'd you manage to find rhodesian camo?

It always was.
in all serious, multicam works reasonably well in fields

Attached: 87869876.GIF (319x175, 2.87M)

kommandostore probably, ivan's doing another run of it too i think

This was Ivan's run at the kommandostore, waited damn near three years for the first run. I imagine the second run will go much faster now that they know what the are doing. Also Fireforce Ventures, a Canadian company has more authentic rhodie camo in stock. Sewed in South Africa and 100% cotton, so no modern blends, but the pattern looks good. It's just pricey and has to hop over a border.

Couldn't find Australian DCPU tests with a few searches, unfortunately.

Attached: Finnish_M05_4.jpg (450x600 137.99 KB, 52.57K)

og and modern variations of tiger stripe patterns are nice

Attached: 1280px-thumbnail.jpg (771x770 633.69 KB, 235.95K)

mgs3 in particular had a nice setup using the pattern as well

Attached: mgs3 tiger stripe.jpg (960x544, 93.89K)

Why bother putting camo on your face if you just make it look like a rifle is just in a bush for no reason?

MGS's system would have been fantastic if it were in a game where camo were decided on a per-mission basis. Peace Walker kind of did that, but the camo system was greatly simplified and most missions were only separate in terms of gameplay.

to be fair they are on a boat and not a jungle

Does the Kashmir one come in cashmere?

Yes/No

(check'd)

I think it's for use in the desert. The Afrika Korps had something similar.

Attached: 8c3ebb0260cc8aa225dca6e402474b2c--me--camouflage.jpg (420x200 90.64 KB, 21.02K)

Active adaptive camo.

>the real world equivalent of arma wasteland doritos camo

guys pls I want to know more about vehicle camo patterns mostly because I want to apply them to Gundam model kits

With German patterns in general, there is one key rule. No repeats.
This might be of use to you Mr.modeler. stugiii.com/germanvehiclecamouflage.html

Yeah but that's WWII camo. I'm talking more modern patterns and stuff.

Did this thread get hit by the alacrity crash or did a perfectly fine post get deleted?

Posts made since saturday re-appeared so alacrity crash.

I'm actually pretty fond of Realtree's winter garb. Seems to do a pretty good job, works really well in Midwestern fields in the winter months. Might be a bit too situationally dependent for some folks, but I like it.

Attached: realtreeWinter.jpg (544x532, 101.21K)

PenCott rip Fear Gear

Takes the eyefuckery of older digital camo a step further. multicam is for plebs

Hunting camo is usually actually very good, but it is tailored to exact environments and does a poor job as a general purpose. Hence the military camos chasing the dragon of the best general purpose camo.

CADPAT and ESTDCU are best.

MARPAT and ESTPAT, digital is sexy.

bump

Fucking Libya gets to have Sumpftarn and even Sumpftarn Flakjackets, yet I can't find decent Sumpftarn gear in Germany.

Attached: d1e5f7ef4d3ab2877ad58cbe9ae426cc.jpg (990x641 84.45 KB, 420.68K)

What would be best for use in Afghanistan?
DCUs?

I really like the ESTPAT as well.

multicam i think.

There was a camo thread recently.

The answer is Kryptek, duh.

Attached: original.img[1].jpg (8002x1559, 2.22M)

True patrician camo coming through.

Attached: sharkpat.jpg (1920x1080, 717.58K)

Reee

Do you have good field tests of it?

That shouldn't be a problem, you can even see on German camouflage that the patterns were tested in different terrains and some are better in some regions of Germany than in others.

The Splittermuster variations and the from it evolved Sumpftarn are perfect for the North German Plain, the low Countries(Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg) and northern Poland/East Prussia, anywhere where you have a lot of open space, swamps and fields this camouflage works much better than Flecktarn. No wonder considering they go back to the camouflage attempts during WW1 at the western front.
Now all the dot camouflage patterns be it Platanenmuster, Palmenmuster, Rauchtarnmuster, Eichenlaubmuster, Erbsenmuster or Flecktarn are clearly made with forest regions in mind, these are typical in the Central German Uplands and most of South Germany. If you are one the forest floor among the leafs you want a dot camouflage pattern to hide your ass.
For Schneetarn you can actually see that it was invented by the Gebirgsjäger(german mountain troops), as the paint blotches resemble coniferous branches and grass clusters sticking out of the snow like you would find on top of a mountain in the alpine regions of Germany. Because of this other types of winter camouflage can be more effective than Schneetarn, however since snow is such a seasonal thing and doesn't even effect all regions of Germany it was good enough for all those years. Now a new type of snow camouflage is on its way that looks more like Scandinavian and Canadian patterns.
This leaves the Leibermuster and one can actually see that it is a highly experimental pattern in the fact that its coloration closely matches the pine groves so commonly seen around military installations in Germany and Central Europe. The little green dots on it are exactly like the little buds on a pine branch before they grow into a pine cone.

Attached: Pine Forest.jpg (1280x946 2.16 MB, 156.25K)

Pure Black

Attached: 1315867838107.jpg (1920x1080, 761.25K)

New navy camo right here

Real new Navy camo coming through.

Attached: fishsticks.jpg (1920x1080, 396.48K)

Attached: leaf camo.jpg (1024x1024, 107.24K)

who the fuck is this yellow stain above India?
It's not kyrgzstan

Attached: world-map.gif (1273x295 80.14 KB, 96.63K)

China?

Nevermind, it is Kashmir
disputed border zone between china, pakistan, and pooinlooistan

goddammit i posted the wrong picture for pic1

Attached: 21754721_1902298959795099_3358825_o.jpg (280x256, 17.6K)

M81 Woodland or Multicam

In Northern IL at least, about 95% of rural land is corn or soybean fields with tiny patches of woods here and there. Camos with a lot of darks and greens like marpat or flecktarn would make you stick out like a sore thumb any time but summer when the crops are green. Multicam would probably be alright.

before anyone asks for it, best camo comming throught

Attached: chinese honeycomb.png (2048x2048, 199.15K)

If only it was a lot easier to obtain camo, Is there copyright involved with camo? Like what would happen if I copy it in photoshop
-go to a shirt printing website
-upload the image of my copied camo
-print it out

would the website have to check copyright like they do with fraternity letters?

Attached: 44c6405b72083e2d3cb5105d990b4b5d782810eaf7fd4c1b01538626fdd4ffd2.jpg (600x600 30.19 KB, 101.64K)

it's alright m80, China really is a yellow stain on the globe.

Does it come with a rulebook?

Yes, but it's for the Fallout pen and paper game.
I would highly recommend swapping it out for a copy of Gurps.

Only camo's I can think of that have copyrights are the various hunting shit you see in the big box stores and MARPAT.

Well, gooks have already made counterfeit camos of the previous pattern used by Mexican Marines.
m.alibaba.com/p-detail/EN11611-EN11612-EN1149-Mexico-Aramid-Camouflage-721944699.html
If some gooks have no problem making counterfeits of a woodland digital pattern of some irrelevant spic country, you should just get enough monies and get some Yellow Jew to do the work.

Fucking gooks
m.alibaba.com/product/721944699/EN11611-EN11612-EN1149-Mexico-Aramid-Camouflage.html

None. Single colors are best colors. Printed camo patterns are just a moneysink gimmick that corrupt officials partake in.

You need to learn how to make camo on your own depending the area in which you are in. Similar to the ones used by snipers

I've always had a soft spot for Chocolate Chip

Attached: Six-Color_Desert_Pattern.jpg (1200x1600, 1.64M)

Chocco chip is definitely one of my favorites.
Is it actually good, though? I must admit, most my liking for it just comes from aesthetics.

Seem decent for gravel/rocky soil.

It was made for the Persian Gulf, but I believe the issue with it, was it apparently contrasted too much with the background and made it harder to blend in with the terrain. It was also much more expensive to produce. It's a good camo, but I feel like it was used in the wrong environment. Also, they were replacing it with Coffee Stain camo by the time of Desert Storm and all that anyway so it only got about 10 years of use and only about 1 major war before being replaced. The logistical issues too made it impractical for mass production, so they cut the 6-color scheme in favor of the Coffee Stain one like I mentioned.

Attached: 800px-Admiral_Calland%u2019s_Desert_Combat_Uniform_blouse,_2008.png (800x888, 1.02M)

whoops I meant to reply to

I think you've got it backwards, I think they designed it using American southwest as a color palatte. Obviously Nevada desert looks different than the Gulf, and so the camo didn't blend in too well.

still, the main issue with it ultimately, was the cost to manufacture it. That's why they phased it out pretty quickly once the Persian Gulf war kicked off.

Partizan for woodland, DCU for desert, Desert MARPAT for urban and Klyaksa for Snow.
Are there any other camouflage patterns that have a more effective silhouette breaking effect similar to ASAT and Tigerstripe? Maybe Kamysh/Rastr? The pattern is rather small AFAIK.

Attached: Klyaksa.JPG (364x480 175.01 KB, 183.22K)

Jigsaw seems like it would break up your silhouette well even if some of the colors might be a bit questionable.

I'm pretty fond of tiger stripe myself. P-dot/44-dot is nice but I wish I could get it in something more than a smock. Auscam works better than anything else in the Australian bush, it's a shame that I can't nab the red variant, I hear it's excellent in the center. AMCU looks more aesthetically pleasing than auscam even though multicam never really did anything for me.

Attached: Australia14.jpg (600x600, 54.52K)

Flecktarn and good old Woodland :^)

Is there a copyright on camo used in military? And if so how do you get a license? Is it hard to make a camo templates for clothes? I am thinking of algorithms and stuff and writing a software to create templates.

Bumping because I still want answers, e specially concerning ship camo/disruptive patterns. Sure, disruptive patterns do not matter much anymore due to radar being a thing, but hypothetically radar was not possible to be used what patterns would be the best for warships?

Attached: bateau-furtif-dazzle-painting-wold-war-guerre-01.jpeg (600x400, 35.73K)

I hate to ask, but can someone name the types of camo on the map? East Coast is flecktarn, midwest and cali is multicam, but I the name of the Northwest-south atlantic, south florida, and desert escape me.

Northwest & South Atlantic looks like MARPAT; the desert is probably some kind of A-TACS. I'm not even sure if South Florida is a camo or just colors for climate types that were never covered.

Attached: Atacs_desert.jpg (2048x1513 121.97 KB, 620.03K)

44dot never came in smock form, it came in a fancy hugo boss cut or a panzer wrap. It might be coming in a heretical cut

Attached: I got blood on my 44dot.jpeg (966x1288 74.2 KB, 440.06K)

S Florida was an error on the part of the creator. North and east US is Flecktarn, PNW and Southeast is MARPAT, plains area and southern west coast is multicam, southwest is ATACS arid.

Camouflage of vehicles isn't as interesting as human camouflage, because it is much easier to hide them.
They get any 3 color camouflage pattern fitting the terrain, you throw a camouflage net over them and decorate them with material from the environment.
Done.

Attached: Tanks_Leopard_2_Camouflage_521750_1280x853.jpg (1280x853, 534.4K)

But you can still make it interesting.

Attached: Beard Camouflage.jpg (640x480 86.06 KB, 95.42K)

Why don't soldiers dress nicely like this?

Also would modern day generals and their knowledge be able to wipe the floor with generals of ww2?

Attached: DI0170-2.jpg (600x600, 105.65K)

From what I understand pink works good. But, good luck getting any sailors to float in a pink boat.

Better designs. Loose fitting uniforms are the bomb, there is a reason why German soldiers preferred having uniforms a size bigger, fitted suits do not do combat well.

Attached: Baggy clothing.jpg (554x452 96.41 KB, 46.05K)

Well shit, I must have been thinking of Platanenmuster.

Most SS patterns were smocks or the rare jump smock/trenchcoat looking thing. Guys did from time to time get tailored stuff in their preferred pattern.

Attached: SS Oak.jpg (600x600, 80.74K)

Attached: disguise1.jpg (1280x720, 196.31K)

How to make a Streloks anus clench: The Post.

Why does pink work?